Battlefield hardline worth it?

demize

Limp Gawd
I didnt get much of a chance to play the open beta. Can anyone tell me whther or not itds wotrth getting?

When it's $20 I will buy it. I really enjoyed the beta. But as any real PC gamer knows, no major BF game goes long without being on sale. Within 6 months it is ALWAYS half price. And many of the bugs are worked out.

I got 4 for free with a video card, and have yet to finish it or play much online at all. All of the season pass premium shit really just turns me off.

Oh and GET OFF MY LAWN!

I got 4 for free with a video card, and have yet to finish it or play much online at all. All of the season pass premium shit really just turns me off.

Oh and GET OFF MY LAWN!
When you say "finish it" you are implying you played the single player since multiplayer does not have an end. How could you get 4 copies free and play it when the game doesn't release until March 17?

The open Beta was last week, multiplayer only and was free to play, the opt-in was through Origin and/or EA's website, not via codes with a video card.

Also, since when do they give out 4 copies of the same game with a video card purchase?

When you say "finish it" you are implying you played the single player since multiplayer does not have an end. How could you get 4 copies free and play it when the game doesn't release until March 17?

The open Beta was last week, multiplayer only and was free to play, the opt-in was through Origin and/or EA's website, not via codes with a video card.

Also, since when do they give out 4 copies of the same game with a video card purchase?

...he means battlefield 4 dude.

BF4 with cops and robbers with more of a CoD/arcade feel. Still the same shitty netcode.

Real Cops don't run around and worry about Snipers camping on their lawn.

In my opinion its not worth it at $60. I would maybe buy it at $20 but probably not even that. The new game modes just dont do it for me. I would much rather just play BF4, but to each his own.

Here's the problem. Its not worth $60, nor the $15-75 in DLC that will come along later. Its worth $20-$40 for the game (and DLC), but by the time the game is that price, the community will be dead and have moved on to the next title.
So no buy for me.

I stopped playing the DLC/Premium game that EA/DICE play. I would pay $60 for the WHOLE GAME. Not $60 for the base and then another $50 for the DLC.

If you don't have BF4. Then yes hardline is worth it, because it will be a new game for you.

Here's the problem. Its not worth $60, nor the $15-75 in DLC that will come along later. Its worth $20-$40 for the game (and DLC), but by the time the game is that price, the community will be dead and have moved on to the next title.
So no buy for me.

Yup. Sadly true. I want to buy it so I can play with my friends. Just can't justify it.

Thanks for the input guys, and I know all battlefield franchise games are buggy as hell when they first come out. I am thinking of pre-ordering it but I don't even know now.

8 game modes an abundance of maps, guns, and new ways to play the Battlefield series.

Not to mention they've put a massive amount of detail to the Single Player portion....

I see no reason to NOT consider this a full game.

I'll pick it up

I wish they would stop wasting their time with a single player. Those resources would be much better spent working on the MP which is what everyone buys a BF game for anyway.

I was seriously unimpressed with the beta. Hotwire mode was fun, but the guns felt like garbage, and the starting guns were HORRIBLE compared to the next tier up. It just didn't feel as epic as BF4, and the weapons didn't seem to have a skill component.

I wish they would stop wasting their time with a single player. Those resources would be much better spent working on the MP which is what everyone buys a BF game for anyway.

Amen brother. I agree.

DICE simply wont let COD have the SP title. But there are better SP shooters than either with BF or COD like FAR CRY 3/4 or the CRYSIS series.

DICE, stop wasting resources on a single player modes nobody wants. I finished BF4: SP it was BORING.

Instead, use the time to polish your game and add extra content like maps or boost your sever so that we can have larger games than 32v32. PS2 can support over 2500 players with no lag, thats the bar you need to surpass.

Wrong. Console kids. Me and you buy BF for multiplayer, but Sales are significantly less when a game skips SP.

Amen brother. I agree.

DICE simply wont let COD have the SP title. But there are better SP shooters than either with BF or COD like FAR CRY 3/4 or the CRYSIS series.

DICE, stop wasting resources on a single player modes nobody wants. I finished BF4: SP it was BORING.

Instead, use the time to polish your game and add extra content like maps or boost your sever so that we can have larger games than 32v32. PS2 can support over 2500 players with no lag, thats the bar you need to surpass.

DICE has nothing to do with this title.

DICE has nothing to do with this title.

DICE is a subsidiary of EA and is supposedly "collaborating" on the game with Visceral. What that actually means is unknown to me, but it implies some involvement.

DICE is a subsidiary of EA and is supposedly "collaborating" on the game with Visceral. What that actually means is unknown to me, but it implies some involvement.

Not really shining a light on anything previously unknown, and has nothing to do with my reply to someone who was ranting and raving about how "DICE should stop wasting time on SP" in a Hardline thread.

DICE is working on Battlefront and Mirror's Edge 2. Visceral is working on Hardline. The end.

Why don't you whiners get off your asses and make something better for us? Hmmm?

Ehhh not sure what to make out of all this but with the little bit that I did play, I can't remember much of plus I was a bit turned up so I can imagine that playing a factor in the reasoning behind me questioning the beta. Thanks

20$ no more than thus. its a watered down Battlefield with a not well carried out premise.

Back