Battlefield Hardline won't repeat BF4's Mistakes

You mean you won't have to open Origin to open a browser to search for a server to play on that opens the game in order to finally play?

You mean you won't have to open Origin to open a browser to search for a server to play on that opens the game in order to finally play?

adding a web browser to the chain. oh the humanity!

on the thread topic: the second beta ran great for me, i don't recall having a single issue.

on the thread topic: the second beta ran great for me, i don't recall having a single issue.

Seriously. You can always tell who's a noob that came in on a $5 sale. I thought I hated the lack of ingame browser back when BF3 first launched but quickly realized it's way faster finding exactly the server you want to play on, chatting with friends list, and they're able to make improvements to Battlelog independently without the need for updating the game executable constantly. Or when you end up on a shitty server you can alt-tab, find a better server and then you smoothly transition to the new server instead of reloading the whole game. Efficiencies abound.

Anyhoo, Hardline beta 2 was flawless for me too. Put about 30 hours into it.

Last edited:
Seriously. You can always tell who's a noob that came in on a $5 sale. I thought I hated the lack of ingame browser back when BF3 first launched but quickly realized it's way faster finding exactly the server you want to play on, chatting with friends list, and they're able to make improvements to Battlelog independently without the need for updating the game executable constantly. Or when you end up on a shitty server you can all-star, find a better server and join and the game transitions to the new server instead of reloading the whole game. Efficiencies abound.

Agreed. Hated it at first, now I don't mind it. Only thing I don't like is that it takes more time to enter the server browser if you leave a server. I just leave Firefox on in the background, but I can imagine it probably drains about 1 frame rate or so. :p

Seriously. You can always tell who's a noob that came in on a $5 sale. I thought I hated the lack of ingame browser back when BF3 first launched but quickly realized it's way faster finding exactly the server you want to play on, chatting with friends list, and they're able to make improvements to Battlelog independently without the need for updating the game executable constantly. Or when you end up on a shitty server you can all-star, find a better server and join and the game transitions to the new server instead of reloading the whole game. Efficiencies abound.

Valve managed to have a server browser embedded in it's client for all of it's games and others that wanted to essentially since it launched steam. Why origin still sticks with its shittatistic internet browser based one that's slow to refresh, sort and find servers with i will never understand.

Last edited:
beta ran great...problem is the game just isn't that fun...EA really needs to get everything in sync for Battlefront...that's the game everyone is really looking forward to

The second beta ran great for me and I was quite surprised but...it is EA we're talking about here. Fuck them. I have been burned too many times.

Seriously. You can always tell who's a noob that came in on a $5 sale. I thought I hated the lack of ingame browser back when BF3 first launched but quickly realized it's way faster finding exactly the server you want to play on, chatting with friends list, and they're able to make improvements to Battlelog independently without the need for updating the game executable constantly. Or when you end up on a shitty server you can alt-tab, find a better server and then you smoothly transition to the new server instead of reloading the whole game. Efficiencies abound.

origin worked fine for me with BF3, except it'd CONSTANTLY clear my filters. got to be pretty tedious having to check 6 boxes every time i wanna play a game on a us server with less than 48 players.

I also did not have any issues when playing, though the game does feel dated to me and it isn't even released yet.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2015/02/09/battlefield_hardline_video_card_performance_preview/

For me it wasn't about the game feeling dated, it was avatar movement and gun handling, something that Battlefield had always struggled with but made it a priority to improve on since BF3. Hardline on the other hand is a step back on these improvements and enough for me to pass on it, which is a shame since I found the game modes fun and the lack of explosives compared to BF4 refreshing, on the flip side they are gradually improving on things like the interface, loading times between games and the tech behind it in general, thanks to both BF4 CTE and the Visceral team giving in their 2 cents, I can't wait to see all of this being implemented for Battlefront, call me a DICE fanboy all you want, but that's going to be a blind buy for me.

People are still complaining about this? I've never had issues using battlelog even when BF3 first came out, in fact it's been one of the few parts of the game without any issues or bugs really. I'm not sure how much having the browser in game really would add, I'd just be alt tabbing out anyway while the game loaded to do what I'm already doing now. So for me it's one less thing.

[Paragon];1041480470 said:
People are still complaining about this? I've never had issues using battlelog even when BF3 first came out, in fact it's been one of the few parts of the game without any issues or bugs really. I'm not sure how much having the browser in game really would add, I'd just be alt tabbing out anyway while the game loaded to do what I'm already doing now. So for me it's one less thing.

The thing that bothers me most about battlelog is that there is no menu in gam to adjust settings. Its very annoying having to join a server or wait for the test range to load just to be able to adjust your settings. If they could add a settings section to battlelog it would be much better.

Come on guys, you're defending something that sucks by saying you should be used to it sucking by now. It's that exact mentality that has allowed to EA to dick people over as much as they have. Fine you think it's tolerable, but don't try to defend it. It's not some awesome band that just hasn't caught on yet. It's fucking stupid and counter-intuitive. It literally makes origin nothing more than a store front and defeats the entire selling point of the origin client.

Thats fucking phenomenal for you that it functions. It's still a fucking steering wheel on your steering wheel so you can steer while you steer.

Last edited:
IMHO Battlefield died with BF3.

Each successive Battlefield just gets laggier, ropier, and clumsier. Too many 'action' animations that freeze your mouse input. Beyond annoying. I put roughly 10 hours into BF4 before I just outright quit and never went back. Completely un-fun for me.

With Battlefield Hardline you'll probably have to get 5 facebook likes to unlock your gun's trigger.

Come on guys, you're defending something that sucks by saying you should be used to it sucking by now. It's that exact mentality that has allowed to EA to dick people over as much as they have. Fine you think it's tolerable, but don't try to defend it. It's not some awesome band that just hasn't caught on yet. It's fucking stupid and counter-intuitive. It literally makes origin nothing more than a store front and defeats the entire selling point of the origin client.

Thats fucking phenomenal for you that it functions. It's still a fucking steering wheel on your steering wheel so you can steer while you steer.

Eh, I'll defend whatever I like. It's never been obtrusive to me. You want to complain about the still shitty netcode, or the fact that the sound cuts out. Or the bullshit fact that it sometimes takes 4-5 tries to just mantle/jump over a short obstacle because the movement animations are so borked and laggy I'm right there with you. But for me battlelog hasn't been an issue, it wasn't an issue in the BF3 beta, it wasn't an issue in the release nor in BF4. I've got 204 hours in BF3, and 213 in BF4 so far. I spend my money and time on things I enjoy, and I enjoy my time with BF4. Yes I've played BF2, in fact I still have my original discs around here somewhere, played Bad Company 2 as well and I still enjoy BF3, and BF4. If you don't like it, don't play it. It's that honest to goodness simple.

Do I think EA is a shitty terrible company? Yes, in all ways really. From the way they manage DLC and micro-transactions (is there anybody actually paying for gold battlepacks?) to the way they've killed companies and IPs (I'm still pissed about Westwood and C&C) I'm not a huge fan, but trying to shit on someone else's parade because they like or don't mind something you don't like is pretty useless and perhaps even a tad Sisyphean in all honesty.

I'm not defending it at all i think its complete garbage and would much rather the game just have a main menu. I do however think no matter what its not going away and if I want to play BF its something I'm going to have to deal with. So it would be much more tolerable for me if they made a few changes to it. I still wont like it but it would make it easier to deal with.

Battlelog is amazing. And LOL at people still bitching about Origin. Get over it.

No I mean:

A browser window is already open.

The origin desktop client is not even open, at this point.

In the browser I click join on a server and guess what?

It opens origin for me. Logs in for me. Launches the game for me. Joins the server for me.

tl;dr : i click join , i'm in the game.

I don't know what game you're playing.

I like battlelog. I also like in-game server browsers.

Valve managed to have a server browser embedded in it's client for all of it's games and others that wanted to essentially since it launched steam. Why origin still sticks with its shittatistic internet browser based one that's slow to refresh, sort and find servers with i will never understand.

GTFO out of this thread with your real life example of a superior server browser, criticism of EA's half arsed approach will not be tolerated.

Being Hazed by people troll camping in Battefield Hardline is hardly worth the price of admission I do like the Level up interface in the game though it's comparable to what Call of Duty Advanced Warfare did with Supply Drops when you open them.

IMHO Battlefield died with BF3.

Each successive Battlefield just gets laggier, ropier, and clumsier. Too many 'action' animations that freeze your mouse input. Beyond annoying. I put roughly 10 hours into BF4 before I just outright quit and never went back. Completely un-fun for me.

With Battlefield Hardline you'll probably have to get 5 facebook likes to unlock your gun's trigger.

Agreed, BF4 was the last nail in the coffin of a long Battlefield series (hell I even used to play clan matches in the BF42, 2, Vietnam days) Now it's sooo dead to me. :(

Haha BF3/4 was the nail in the cofin? HAHAHA

Got to play BC2 a week ago and the movement and gunplay in that game was like going back in time... like 2004 time 32p max? yeah. The way kits and loadouts were setup was hilarious, no prone no strafing while sprinting.

BF2 was even worse with conefire and dolphin diving lets not forget the amazing sniping mechanics and the Jet/Helo all game rape sessions.

I actually I find it more annoying because I paid $60 for the game. Had it been $5 than I would have tolerated it.

in all fairness its annoying to have to update the plugin every other day then restart your browser. much rather it all be handled in the application.

thanks ea but i'll keep my money. i'd be willing to throw down money that they [ea/dice] sat back and watched the huge success gta 5 enjoyed and someone came up with the idea of tweaking bf4 around that concept for $60. :eek:

I purchased BF Hardline from Microcenter for $30 as a pre-order. I am at level 20 right now and the jury is still out.

The maps in BF4 are way too small, it ruins the fun. I suppose it is an arcade shooter, and it is supposed to be sort of "run and gun", but with 64 vs 64 is is just a clusterf*ck.

Haha BF3/4 was the nail in the cofin? HAHAHA

Got to play BC2 a week ago and the movement and gunplay in that game was like going back in time... like 2004 time 32p max? yeah. The way kits and loadouts were setup was hilarious, no prone no strafing while sprinting.

BF2 was even worse with conefire and dolphin diving lets not forget the amazing sniping mechanics and the Jet/Helo all game rape sessions.

You forgot c4 tossing but all that was wrong with that game made it fun.

in all fairness its annoying to have to update the plugin every other day then restart your browser. much rather it all be handled in the application.
So you would rather have your game update more often? How is that any different?

Some people seem to like the Steam server browser, but I guess I don't play TF2 or any game that uses it enough. I always found it a pain to use especially when I am new to the game since I don't know what any of the tags mean. I still don't know what TF2 tags mean and always end up on some funky server. Maybe that is why I have never gotten into TF2.

Bought hardline on xb1... played for ten hours, sold it two days later on Craigslist at a 20 dollar loss... game was horrible :/

Back to bf4 and advanced warfare until something pops up that isn't trash... heck I need to just go back to CS

So you would rather have your game update more often? How is that any different?
Why would it make you update your game more often? It wouldn't.

It's not like game updates are inconvenient anymore. They haven't been for like 10 years now because of how it's all automated within the game distribution applications that are made to handle all of that crap, most of them automatically install .net and directx updates without needing any setup i think it could handle the server browser as well.

Judging by the stats on the Battlefield site, this game has only half the players compared to BF4 and that is a bad sign, and most reviews of this game is either mixed or negative. Played the BETA and I thought it was horrible.

They've been promising to nerf the K10 for a few weeks now, still nothing. Is it really that hard to push out a patch or even just a hot fix? There are also almost no maps(I see 9 but really it feels like there are 3) and they are not balanced for certain game modes. I mean for heist one of the drop off zones is pretty much always the opposing teams spawn lol.

Why would it make you update your game more often? It wouldn't.

It's not like game updates are inconvenient anymore. They haven't been for like 10 years now because of how it's all automated within the game distribution applications that are made to handle all of that crap, most of them automatically install .net and directx updates without needing any setup i think it could handle the server browser as well.

Well if battelog is updating every other day like you said, wouldn't those same server browser improvements be rolled out just as often requiring a game patch?

I don't see how battlelog updates are a big thing. I have never had an issue with them.

Back