Battlefield Hardline Preorder 29.99 @ Microcenter

In for 1 thx OP. Been waiting for it around this price! Says I can pick it up in store and pay there. nice!

$30 for BF4 DLC? No thanks. :)

Good deal for those who want it.

I'd rather pay $30 for a Battlefield DLC vs. all Call of Duty games.

Played the beta and I must say, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

I'd rather pay $30 for a Battlefield DLC vs. all Call of Duty games.

Played the beta and I must say, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Not to mention Visceral knows how to make a single-player game - I enjoyed Dead Space quite a bit. Yes most people play Battlefield for the multiplayer, but to write this game off as "Just BF4 DLC" or "just a re-skin" is a little ignorant, especially because these same naysayers never have an answer for what constitutes the difference between a DLC/re-skin and a standalone game. By their logic, BF3 was just a Bad Company 2 DLC, BF4 was just a BF3 re-skin, and a game like Fallout New Vegas was just a Fallout 3 re-skin.. the list goes on.

In any case, $30 for this game is a no-brainer, especially if you enjoyed either one of the previous betas. Full SP campaign, 9 original MP maps (BF3 had 9, BF4 had 10), bunch of new vehicles and weapons, and Visceral has been far more responsive to feedback than the swedes at DICE have ever been.

Last edited:
vanilla no premium :(

BF Hardline's "Premium" is only a large addition of battlepacks....nothing else. Unless you can find something that says you get DLC

"Versatility Battlepack featuring a highly versatile assault rifle, a unique camo skin for your weapons, and an XP boost.
Precision Battlepack featuring one of the most accurate assault rifles, a unique camo skin for your weapons, and an XP boost.
Suppression Battlepack featuring an assault rifle with the largest magazine capacity, a unique camo skin for all your weapons, and an XP boost.
10 Gold Battlepacks from launch."
http://www.battlefield.com/hardline...pages_Main_Navigation_top-right_Pre-Order-Now

Pay more now for items that can/will most likely be unlocked later.:rolleyes:

I wonder of Amazon will price match..! gonna check!

EDIT: NM... they dont do other websites, but I did "tell them about a lower price" thing on the productc page.

Last edited:
wish they remove the insane scout helo... you know something is wrong when passengers repair a vehicle and an aircraft also racks up tons of kills by running people over. whenever i get the urge to install bf4 or pick up hardline i just go watch a stream and am insta-cured. sadly been with bf since 1942. good price for hardline though.

wish they remove the insane scout helo... you know something is wrong when passengers repair a vehicle and an aircraft also racks up tons of kills by running people over. whenever i get the urge to install bf4 or pick up hardline i just go watch a stream and am insta-cured. sadly been with bf since 1942. good price for hardline though.

There's definitely no 'insane scout helo' in Hardline anywhere near BF4's variant. Did you play the beta? Everything damages it. And there's no in-flight repairs of it in Hardline. Have to land to repair, which is usually pointless because small arms fire finishes it off. The average lifespan for the attack heli during the beta was usually 30-40seconds. This is very much an infantry focused game.

Last edited:

Really? Cause whenever I'm using a scout helo I last all about less than 60 seconds until I start getting shot with Stingers, IGLA's, Anti-AA, Jets, other helos.

Even with a guy repairing stingers insta-reload and take out helicopters EASY.

There is a deal at Dell for a $25GC with preorder, I'd much prefer a straight up discount.

Really? Cause whenever I'm using a scout helo I last all about less than 60 seconds until I start getting shot with Stingers, IGLA's, Anti-AA, Jets, other helos.

A good group will take out a helicopter easily, but on the other hand a good group will easily keep a helicopter in the sky. Most of the server's I play on, there is always a group in a helicopter keeping it in the sky while my team is running around with their thumb up their asses and just don't care.

The game is very biased towards group/teamwork which you don't see very often.

Both are different cases. Depends on the map and the people on that server at the time.

There are maps like Flood Zone or Sunken Dragon on BF4 that are absolutely a scout chopper pilots wet dream. Plenty of buildings to hide behind and no mobile AA to shoot them down quickly.

Then there are maps like Silk Road where there is almost no cover, and they have jets to contend with. Those maps depend on the team for people to load up stingers to take out the little bird.

To fix this, they just need to remove the ability to have 2 guys repairing it while its being flown and to only put it on maps that make sense.

For Hardline, they fixed most of the issues for the Little Bird.

I ignored the deal because I never got around to playing the beta and now I decided to bite and it's gone :(

They need to offer a 4 pack or something like some of the steam games. I am not gonna buy this thing unless at least 3 of my buddies are going to buy. I think this strategy would increase sales and hopefully give us a decent discount.

Kid

if the game was 29.99 before even being released, it will be that price again soon.

if not -- Microcenter was taking using it as a loss leader to get people in the store.

Either way, I have Cities Skylines to play while I wait for GTA5

Back