Battlefield Hardline Leaked Trailer

I'm glad to see grappling hooks and zip lines are making a comeback. They were part of what made BF2 Special forces maps so much fun.

Thanks DICE/EA. After BF4 and now this, makes it easy for me to bow out of Battlefield.

saw the video and it honestly looks like some crap churned out from a COD engine -- i really hope that was pre-alpha footage with no real texture or lighting work done. It looks nothing like what the Frostbite engine should be able to churn out.

I was really confused why they kept referring to "Omaha" when the damn thing is called Hardline.

There are only 1000 better places for a setting in a video game than Nebraska.

With the streak PC gaming is on.... promising the world and the delivering a broken stripped out turd... I have no hope for any games at this point.

I was really confused why they kept referring to "Omaha" when the damn thing is called Hardline.

There are only 1000 better places for a setting in a video game than Nebraska.

SMH. Because this was an internal video and Omaha was the project's codename, this wasn't a video intended for public release or to serve as an official announcement.

Looks cool..but will probably require origin so I'll never play it.

GD shame I can't go buy a boxed game on DVD these days and not be forced to install shitware. And since I am sure someone will quote me if I don't add this and herp derp about Steam..I don't use it either.

OMG a trailer released (not leaked) by their marketing department... must pre-order. :rolleyes:

So what I got from the trailer was:

Battlefield meets Counter-Strike, has an orgy with Payday, and gets gang banged by Need For Speed.

So....much....unoriginal CHEESE.

Battlefield meets Counter-Strike, has an orgy with Payday, and gets gang banged by Need For Speed.

^^^ THIS MAN HAS IT CORRECT
all i need to see is added killstreaks LOL

so what I see is.. it is just like Payday only with out bug fixing and shit netcode....

GD shame I can't go buy a boxed game on DVD these days and not be forced to install shitware. And since I am sure someone will quote me if I don't add this and herp derp about Steam..I don't use it either.

Right. Because the big problem with the game is origin or steam. Not the fact that the game engine has been a mess since BF3 with the publisher forcing games to be launched months earlier than they should be, and a history of development that still can't establish a decent core mechanic of players shooting at eachother in an FPS game and having it work properly.

Visceral and EA Battlefield....probability high for some gaudy and obnoxious microtransactions...day 1

Battlefield's gameplay is already identical to cod's soon the maps will be the same as well. Battlefield needs a reboot so bad, i can imagine battlefront will turn out to be exactly the same thing *sigh*.

That's all I got from the trailer, too.

Boring as fuck

Multiple industries have been moving towards digital content delivery for awhile now. Movies, music, gaming, all forms of software are now delivered through the ether. Origin was craptastic when it was first released but seems to have matured to the point that its not a resource hog or slow to start. Steam was the same and we all know the kind of juggernaut Steam has turned into, not to mention how much easier it has made Indie developers to get their product out to the masses. I thoroughly enjoy that Steam keeps all my games up to date and always keeps a copy of the game available to me even if I don't have it installed. I don't care one bit that they know I played X game for 50 hours yesterday or that my computer has X hardware installed. And the whole paradigm shift in that we dont actually own the software, we are just temporarily granted access to it...eh, I'm not really bothered by that either. I just spent $50 the other night at the movie theater for about 90 minutes of entertainment and that can adjust by as much as 180 minutes. We are given rights to a game for years for the same price, I'd say we get our money's worth from the product. The real shame is your failure to adapt.

Digital delivery *SHOULD* allow for more efficient delivery of the content saving both the publisher/developers and consumer money with a trickle down effect to retailers and multiple other sectors of industry. While it might be pennies at the end point, I'm saving about two gallons of gas and thirty miles of wear and tear on my vehicle by not having to go to Best Buy to get a AAA title. It's definitely a stretch, I'll admit that, but digital delivery has global economic implications.

As far as the topic at hand, the concept seems interesting....though there isn't much originality to it, they could have a different spin that makes it fun.

Lots of shit I've heard a million times before..

Don't care. If you like installing shitware on your PC to play your games, more power to you. I won't. I took a stand against that kind of shit years ago and I'm not about to compromise now.

I have no objections to Digital distribution as a concept. I object when one or more of the following are true;

1) I am required to have a unneeded third party client running constantly in the background to verify I am not a criminal.
2) It costs me the same amount of money as buying the physical box. Frankly It costs them drastically less to have me download it, I should be paying drastically less. This whole idea of me paying the same so they can make more money doesn't fly. If I see a Digital copy and a Physical copy both at the same price, I am going to buy the physical every time.
3) There is a chance of the download servers for a game I own being down in the future. You might be ok with the "You are leasing it" concept, But I am most certainly not. A Physical disc Guarantees that I will always be able to use it in some manner in the future if I so wish.

Actually I have a bunch more reasons, but halfway through I realize nothing I say is going to change your mind and visa versa. Suffice to say, I have a laundry list of reasons to oppose Steam and Origin.

"Fans have come to expect one thing when they hear the word Battlefield..."
1. Bugs?
2. Problems with Origin?
3. Shutdown servers?

is anyone the least bit concerned its promoting using militarized police on a civilian population like its an action movie

Don't care. If you like installing shitware on your PC to play your games, more power to you. I won't. I took a stand against that kind of shit years ago and I'm not about to compromise now.

I have no objections to Digital distribution as a concept. I object when one or more of the following are true;

1) I am required to have a unneeded third party client running constantly in the background to verify I am not a criminal.
2) It costs me the same amount of money as buying the physical box. Frankly It costs them drastically less to have me download it, I should be paying drastically less. This whole idea of me paying the same so they can make more money doesn't fly. If I see a Digital copy and a Physical copy both at the same price, I am going to buy the physical every time.
3) There is a chance of the download servers for a game I own being down in the future. You might be ok with the "You are leasing it" concept, But I am most certainly not. A Physical disc Guarantees that I will always be able to use it in some manner in the future if I so wish.

Actually I have a bunch more reasons, but halfway through I realize nothing I say is going to change your mind and visa versa. Suffice to say, I have a laundry list of reasons to oppose Steam and Origin.

1) Better of the evils, would you rather have intrusive DRM baked into the game?
2) This is true, but it also enables them to pay (hopefully) the devs better. The industry has changed, devs don't live on hopes and dreams anymore, they're paid pretty well.
3) Your right, but guess how many times I've installed Half-Life in the last 10 years, imo one of the greatest games ever, zero. It's on my Steam account and I threw the boxed version out long ago. The same with Battlefield 1942 and a slew of other games, they may be great and all but the actual chances of playing one of those games once they're past their prime is pretty slim.

Yes your right, nothing said is going to change anyone's minds but your reasons depict a genuine inability on your part to adapt to where the industry has moved.

1) Better of the evils, would you rather have intrusive DRM baked into the game?
2) This is true, but it also enables them to pay (hopefully) the devs better. The industry has changed, devs don't live on hopes and dreams anymore, they're paid pretty well.
3) Your right, but guess how many times I've installed Half-Life in the last 10 years, imo one of the greatest games ever, zero. It's on my Steam account and I threw the boxed version out long ago. The same with Battlefield 1942 and a slew of other games, they may be great and all but the actual chances of playing one of those games once they're past their prime is pretty slim.

Yes your right, nothing said is going to change anyone's minds but your reasons depict a genuine inability on your part to adapt to where the industry has moved.

1) Why should I have to compromise and accept the lesser of two evils? Last I checked DD platforms aren't voting for president. I'll take none of the above for $1000 Alex. DRM doesn't work, it has been proven it doesn't work and Only treats paying customers like criminals as the hackers get the game for FREE anyhow without all the drm. So if you like being treated like that, go on supporting it. I for one, won't.
2) Except it doesn't. Development studios know exactly how much they can sell a game for and should be budgeting accordingly. If they can make enough profit on the boxed version which costs them Vastly more than digital, you can't convince me that selling a box of the same game at $60 and the Digital for $60 is acceptable on any level. Obviously we can't debate the versions that have no boxed copy I am just speaking specifically of ones that offer both and are the same price. Want me to buy the digital and make you more money? give me incentive. It is quite possible for them to sell the digital cheaper, make more profit and appease both me and their bottom line. The same price for both is just a blatant money grab. Either way, DD doesn't require Steam/origin. I have bought plenty of DD games and never used Steam/origin a single time. Like I said, I don't need third party crapware running on my machine to play a game.
3) That's you, not me.

Afraid not, as I said I have bought plenty of DD games. Though I still vastly prefer a physical disc. However the crux here is are Steam and Origin needed? The answer is absolutely not. Everything those platforms do that is actually useful could be put into a webstore. The DRM isn't needed, it doesn't work and frankly just needs to be abolished. Likewise more and more Devs are realizing they can promote their games digitally without the need for middleware like steam and origin. I would say in 10 years easily we will start to see more and more games move off those platforms as a local client. Especially when you consider the shift to cloud gaming, a pure web interface is all but inevitable.

Back