Battlefield Hardline Leaked Trailer

So what I got from the trailer was:

Battlefield meets Counter-Strike, has an orgy with Payday, and gets gang banged by Need For Speed.

So....much....unoriginal CHEESE.

Glad I wasn't the only one who saw it like this. lol.

I dunno looks like a lot of game and I like the single player emphasis.

I think the low expectations of this game is a good thing.
The gaming community doesn't think independently; it's like one singular thought once a general subjective verdict is made.

If this turns out to be any good, many of the same people that say this sucks will still buy it, looking for game coupons in the FS thread.

1) Why should I have to compromise and accept the lesser of two evils? Last I checked DD platforms aren't voting for president. I'll take none of the above for $1000 Alex. DRM doesn't work, it has been proven it doesn't work and Only treats paying customers like criminals as the hackers get the game for FREE anyhow without all the drm. So if you like being treated like that, go on supporting it. I for one, won't.
2) Except it doesn't. Development studios know exactly how much they can sell a game for and should be budgeting accordingly. If they can make enough profit on the boxed version which costs them Vastly more than digital, you can't convince me that selling a box of the same game at $60 and the Digital for $60 is acceptable on any level. Obviously we can't debate the versions that have no boxed copy I am just speaking specifically of ones that offer both and are the same price. Want me to buy the digital and make you more money? give me incentive. It is quite possible for them to sell the digital cheaper, make more profit and appease both me and their bottom line. The same price for both is just a blatant money grab. Either way, DD doesn't require Steam/origin. I have bought plenty of DD games and never used Steam/origin a single time. Like I said, I don't need third party crapware running on my machine to play a game.
3) That's you, not me.

Afraid not, as I said I have bought plenty of DD games. Though I still vastly prefer a physical disc. However the crux here is are Steam and Origin needed? The answer is absolutely not. Everything those platforms do that is actually useful could be put into a webstore. The DRM isn't needed, it doesn't work and frankly just needs to be abolished. Likewise more and more Devs are realizing they can promote their games digitally without the need for middleware like steam and origin. I would say in 10 years easily we will start to see more and more games move off those platforms as a local client. Especially when you consider the shift to cloud gaming, a pure web interface is all but inevitable.

I look forward to you eating those words in 10 years, I highly doubt Steam or services like it will be gone unless there is another shift in content delivery/ownership. Since you've stayed away from Steam you probably don't know this but there are around 3-7 mil concurrent Steam users who get exposure to Indie titles every time they start Steam. On top of that, Steam has their Greenlight program that allows users to go and vote on indie titles to be published on Steam.

Back