Battlefield Hardline Delayed Until 2015

HardOCP News

[H] News
The Battlefield Official Blog announced today that Battlefield Hardline has been pushed back to 2015.

Obviously, this is big news, so I’d like to address why we’re making this change. Back at E3, we launched a beta for Hardline — we wanted to not only show you the game, but to let you play it for yourselves. Millions of you jumped in and had a great time. As a result, the Visceral Games team learned a lot from players about what they wanted in the game. We’ve been pouring over the data and feedback, and have already been putting a lot of it right into the game and sharing it directly with you. This feedback also spurred us to start thinking about other possibilities and ways we could push Hardline innovation further and make the game even better.

Last edited:
lol -- they can shove this game right back in their asses. Beta was crap. And by the past 2 AAA titles they have released with the BF name... it will still be crap in a year when it's actually released.

I agree with the above statements. Played the Beta and thought it was crap.

Pre Order numbers must of been very very low. And a large part of the community called Hardline a mod. Not many were willing to pay 60 bucks or more for a reskin bf4.

It wasn't crap. Just wasn't a complete game. It was/is a mod of bf4.

Bf4 runs ok now. By 2015 it and hardline should be pretty good. However, charging $60 for the same game is not good. So yeah, pass.

I thought they were trying to charge $70 for this piece of shit.

i do love me some BF4 -- ive got tons of hours in it, but even as much as they are *still* working on fixing it... they constantly fix or add one thing only to break something BIG in another way.

Case in point: Dragons Teeth, the latest DLC, whatever updated/additions they did completely fucked up Crossfire. I get better performance out of my single 290 vs my xfire... and it was NOT always like that. (even with official/latest drivers)

Hard line -- it's literally just a reskin with a few "new" modes. Something like this is not worth more than $20 retail, especially considering (given the tools) the modding community itself could come up with way better ideas for free. EA wants to whore out the BF name, they are doing a great job, so good in fact that I have zero interest in HardLine.

I have a nice backlog of games -- at least until the Division comes out (and hopefully isn't turned into a turd either)

I agree with all the above comments. At least they are not rushing it out like they did with BF4. Honestly though, Hardline should be a $20 expansion for BF4 as it is basically BF4 reskinned with some new modes. I do like the fact they are bringing back grappling hooks and ziplines. Those were some of the most fun items to use back in the BF2 Special forces maps. I didn't have a chance to play the beta because my motherboard was fubar'd and out at RMA, but I'd probably pick up Hardline when it goes on sale.

I wouldn't play it for free. Uninstalled it after a complete round was over.

I too wont be pre-ordering Hardline and also feel underwhelmed with BF4. Overall, the gameplay is dumbed down compared to BF3 in addition to the pace of combat being slower. :mad:

Twitch skill and teamwork counted for alot more in BF3 and it's something I sorely miss in BF4. I dont think I'll ever get use to the slower pace of battle in BF4. I can only assume this change is a direct result of BF4 being designed for consoles first and PC second. In BF3 the opposite was true...

Considering the fact that BF3 was already really good, EA decided to further dilute the series by releasing BF4. When you think about it, they didnt work on BF4 much, because they had the foundation from the previous game. You will also note that most maps were remade from BF3, as if EA was doing us a favor by bringing them to life, but this time with shinier Frostbite engine. This is the same story with Hardline, but this time things are much more orange...

Its ridiculous when you think about it, I reached rank 100 in BF3 by the time 4 came out, and had to completely abandon the game because all my friends were no longer playing BF3, so I had to get 4. People jumped the gun IMO, especially with all the issues the game had. I think that this time around people wont be fooled so easily, especially those who played the beta, because it was a complete joke. It offered nothing new, it still felt the same, although there were a bunch of new concepts.

After BF4 and WatchDogs, I am very careful with buying my games. EA has bent us backwards numerous times and Ive learned after BF4. Now its UbiSofts turn with their shitty games. I guarantee you they will screw up The Division titles the same way they did with Watch Dogs - specifically on PC!

I think that this is most likely due to the fact they realized people hated the beta and knew they were in trouble. I lost faith in EA produced games after two failed CnC games in a row.

I agree with all the above comments. At least they are not rushing it out like they did with BF4. Honestly though, Hardline should be a $20 expansion for BF4 as it is basically BF4 reskinned with some new modes. I do like the fact they are bringing back grappling hooks and ziplines. Those were some of the most fun items to use back in the BF2 Special forces maps. I didn't have a chance to play the beta because my motherboard was fubar'd and out at RMA, but I'd probably pick up Hardline when it goes on sale.

I understand the bandwagon hate, DICE/EA made their bed, but also keep in mind it'll also include a complete AAA quality SP campaign done by a studio with a decent track record of them.

I went into the beta extremely skeptical and ended up putting about 45-48 hours into it, had a blast. And I had stopped played BF4 many months prior. Not sure if I can pinpoint what held my interest: either there were enough new or different things in Hardline, or it had done away with some of the things I absolutely can't stand in BF4 that DICE has been stubborn about addressing.

In any case I'll be buying it, I don't waste money on the CoD's or Titanfalls or any of the kiddie shooters, so as I see it, $60 every 18-24 months for a new Battlefield title just isn't something I'm going to squirt tears over.

I agree with the above statements. Played the Beta and thought it was crap.

I thought it was ok. It was a nice concept. I had fun. But, I'd buy it as an add-on or DLC. I think I'll stay away from it until it hits bargain bin as a full price stand alone. It doesn't feel like it's own game. More like additional game modes of an existing game...

I thought it was ok. It was a nice concept. I had fun. But, I'd buy it as an add-on or DLC. I think I'll stay away from it until it hits bargain bin as a full price stand alone. It doesn't feel like it's own game. More like additional game modes of an existing game...

I think that's where it went wrong. They're trying to bring it as a co-IP to the main (BF4) to fill the void of MoH since they want a release every year. This concept was better served as a non-premium standalone expansion.

The heist concept can work, but their implementation on it seemed too close to Battlefield. Had they offered up something like a mash up between GTA online and PayDay, it could have been interesting.

I understand the bandwagon hate, DICE/EA made their bed, but also keep in mind it'll also include a complete AAA quality SP campaign done by a studio with a decent track record of them.

I went into the beta extremely skeptical and ended up putting about 45-48 hours into it, had a blast. And I had stopped played BF4 many months prior. Not sure if I can pinpoint what held my interest: either there were enough new or different things in Hardline, or it had done away with some of the things I absolutely can't stand in BF4 that DICE has been stubborn about addressing.

In any case I'll be buying it, I don't waste money on the CoD's or Titanfalls or any of the kiddie shooters, so as I see it, $60 every 18-24 months for a new Battlefield title just isn't something I'm going to squirt tears over.

Wasn't exactly crying, but I don't know if I will buy it at the $60 price point. I have enough games to play on my backlog and I'm pretty addicted to Diablo 3 RoS at the moment.

With that being said, as a college student finishing my EE degree, I will only pay the $60 if it seems worth it. If Hardline seems worth it, then great. I have loved Battlefield games for a long time, but BF4 left a bad taste in my mouth. I would have liked to try the beta but my desktop was down for the count and ASUS took 3 - 4 weeks for an RMA replacement motherboard.

Wasn't exactly crying, but I don't know if I will buy it at the $60 price point. I have enough games to play on my backlog and I'm pretty addicted to Diablo 3 RoS at the moment.

With that being said, as a college student finishing my EE degree, I will only pay the $60 if it seems worth it. If Hardline seems worth it, then great. I have loved Battlefield games for a long time, but BF4 left a bad taste in my mouth. I would have liked to try the beta but my desktop was down for the count and ASUS took 3 - 4 weeks for an RMA replacement motherboard.

Not to get too off topic, but don't you love buying a companies FLAGSHIP MB for $400+ and then getting to wait a month for them to take their sweet ass time getting you a replacement when it failed?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I kinda like the concept of the game, but it really reminds me of how FarCry Blood Dragon was realized not long after FC3..The difference was it was a completely different setting and was what, $20 bucks for the full game?

I think EA made a death blunder by trying to whore out free press by using the "BF" name..The only way I see them selling this in any sort of numbers is if they slash the price to $30 for the entire game or rework/add a ton of content to it.

I think EA made a death blunder at by trying to whore out free press by using the "BF" name..The only way I see them selling this in any sort of numbers is if they slash the price to $30 for the entire game or rework/add a ton of content to it.

Well Call of Duty gets a different word slapped on at the end of it every winter and people seem to eat that up. And EA didn't merely slap Battlefield onto some new random game - I mean its built upon Battlefield's multiplayer, and it plays like Battlefield, so calling it Battlefield isn't that big a stretch.

To play devils advocate for a moment, why should a full AAA game with a full SP campaign done by a studio with a solid track record of them, plus all original MP maps and modes still being developed, how should that only be $30? I don't understand the entitlement. Are you assuming that only people that already own Battlefield 4 would consider this title? Plenty of people will pick this up who have no previous Battlefield experience, that's just the nature and randomness of multiplatform big budget games - should it only be $30 for them while all the other AAA's they buy will average around $60?

I understand both sides of this but I think the people that still think BF4 is "broken" at this point - why would you even consider this game at any price if you really feel burned by EA? Put your money where your mouth is and dont buy - problem solved on your end.

The rest of us will put the drama and entitlement aside and look at it in terms of the entertainment hours per dollar its likely to provide, and deciding the purchase on that basis.

Next Battlefield delayed. Next they'll probably tell us the ocean is wet.

I think that this is most likely due to the fact they realized people hated the beta and knew they were in trouble. I lost faith in EA produced games after two failed CnC games in a row.

+1. Right with you there. The 3rd game was decent but the 4th was so left field that it wasn't C&C anymore. Both stories were lacking. The 4th was just a giant turn on the C&C fanbase.

I read that as "We did a shit job and everyone let us know about it, so we are delaying until we can get our shit together".

March 2010 I go pick up my copy of Battlefield Bad Company 2.
I can make a group before joining a server and play with my friends.
I can enjoy the game because there are no bugs.
The game is fun as hell.

October 2011
I built a PC for this and wait for the release.
I can't make groups or join my friends, I need to wait for them to
join a server so I can join and now I'm on the opposite side.
There are bugs and I'm falling through the ground.
Game gets better much quicker and does not add a way to play with your friends till
much later.

Nov 2013 I get my BF4 because I still have not learned my lesson.
No group play
No 64 player maps are working
Bugalore
played it for a couple of weeks and give up..

LESSON LEARNED... fuck EA and DICE get your shit together.

Not to get too off topic, but don't you love buying a companies FLAGSHIP MB for $400+ and then getting to wait a month for them to take their sweet ass time getting you a replacement when it failed?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes, I was a bit frustrated by the length of time it took. I was checking the status every day and it said "repair in progress" for nearly a week. Now they either had it on a stack and didn't look at it for a week, or they were wasting time waiting for the duct tape and bubble gum repair parts. :D

What bothered me is that they would have known it was hosed (beyond repairability) probably immediately upon not posting. There was definitely something wrong with the board's 12 Volt circuitry, my guess was it had a short somewhere. If they had been quicker about it, I may have been able to play the beta, but oh well. In the end, I got a new R4 Black edition, so it worked out, albeit slowly.

I'll consider Hardline when it releases, but will most likely wait till it's a discounted title.

Why would anyone purchase this game when they keep breaking BF4 with a new patch? BF4 is basically useless to me now since last week when Dragons Teeth was released to premium players...

I'll be skipping this new BF series. Maybe when it is $5 from Origin in the next few years.

is Hardline the game that officially destroys the franchise?...no good games have yearly release schedules (Assassin's Creed series is fun but has also been hurt by this)

is Hardline the game that officially destroys the franchise?...no good games have yearly release schedules (Assassin's Creed series is fun but has also been hurt by this)

I would say so. On top of that it seems mostly losers play BF4. I've got banned so many times....:(

I dont know what AAA youre talking about. Its a mediocre single player campaign at best, with recycled components from the previous titles.

The fact that you would accept mediocrity is the reason why these companies will continue to release re-skinned titles. We saw that with COD series, which was amazing at first and then turned to shit with all their previous titles. EA loves customers like yourself.

I dont know what AAA youre talking about. Its a mediocre single player campaign at best, with recycled components from the previous titles.

The fact that you would accept mediocrity is the reason why these companies will continue to release re-skinned titles. We saw that with COD series, which was amazing at first and then turned to shit with all their previous titles. EA loves customers like yourself.

Have you played it? No? Then that is hard to confirm. Visceral Games is known for their SP experience (Dead Space, which I felt was an over rated series).

I do think the price should be $50, but being $30 is a bit absurd. Do you ask that every UE3/UE4 game is also $30 because they reuse code, effects, engine and other features?

Back