Battlefield BC2 6 bucks on Steam

polive

[H]ard|Gawd
Battlefield BC2 6 bucks on Steam. I just started DL'ing it. It's less than $7 at the moment. If you haven't played it (like me) time to start back on the Battlefield!!! whoo hoo! :D

Normally I'd harp on the thread spamming but BC2 is really the next best thing to Counter-strike. The Maps are big but not too big. More players than CoD and with less bullshit and hacking.

Really if you haven't played this game for $6 you're really missing out.

However imo Vietnam is crap. Could not find one thing to love about it.

Smoking deal.

$6? I already have the game but might get it just to have it on steam.

Get this game. For $6 even the single player is worth it.

Hmm... I guess I'll buy it. $7 seems reasonable and I haven't bought a game in a long time.

Airborne was under-rated and overlooked. It's a very solid game and a no-brainer at these prices.

The BC2 deal is mind boggling.

Now, I know I'm going to get into trouble for this, and I know not to expect much believe me, but for $15, yeah, I bought that new MOH that's supposedly so wretched. For $15, I just want a quick "game in between games" FPS fix. I wouldn't have paid more than that for it.

*braces self* ;)

Now, I know I'm going to get into trouble for this, and I know not to expect much believe me, but for $15, yeah, I bought that new MOH that's supposedly so wretched. For $15, I just want a quick "game in between games" FPS fix. I wouldn't have paid more than that for it.

*braces self* ;)

What was so bad about MOH that made everyone hate it so much?

I dont understand the pricing on BC2. The steam deals are usually fair to everyone but australians, but in this sale and the last time BC2 was on sale, it has been a low 6$ for americans and a whooping 13,60€ for us europeans. Bought it anyway tho, great game

Looks to be a nice game! I will guy @ these prices. Thx for the heads up.

What was so bad about MOH that made everyone hate it so much?

Incredibly generic with no redeeming features whatsoever. Its was hyped up to hell and back as a return to MoH's gameplay roots but turned out to be no better than any other shitty rehash released by EA after MoH:AA (best WW2 game ever!).

Seriously the only good thing about owning MoH:LE is the fact that I am guaranteed a beta invite to BF3.

Incredibly generic with no redeeming features whatsoever. Its was hyped up to hell and back as a return to MoH's gameplay roots but turned out to be no better than any other shitty rehash released by EA after MoH:AA (best WW2 game ever!).

Goes hand in glove with my post here: http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1037227939&postcount=106

MOHAA is still one of my all time favorite games and FPS's. That's the game I got reared on to become a full fledged PC gamer.

So this is personal for me. For $15, I want to see this thing for what it is and put it down/send it off myself if you know what I mean. ;)

Seriously the only good thing about owning MoH:LE is the fact that I am guaranteed a beta invite to BF3.

No you're wrong! I liken the game play to a finely tuned version of Duck Hunt. Everybody gets into their camping positions. Now fire upon the fools that think they are going to make it out of the hangar to us.

Which about sums up the game play.

I bought mine for the Beta invite also. Don't tell anyone I own this garbage.

Played the demo a few months back, jumped on this deal for BC2 + Vietnam. Can't wait to jump online once I get home.

Goddamit

caved for for BFBC2 on steam and Airborne. Game looks pretty good. If it's even as good as the other bargin bin stuff like necrovision and Cryostasis I'm sure I'll be satisfied.

should I bother getting vietnam?

Pass. I've got it. It's essentially a map pack and I tried to play it for a couple days. could not get into it. There's literally no cover at all. period.

I was going to buy it at this price but it looks like this is back to $20.

$6? I already have the game but might get it just to have it on steam.

Get this game. For $6 even the single player is worth it.

Heh, I might do the same. Can't figure out why I'm too lazy to go grab the ea downloader, remember my login, and dl it that way, but I've definitely passed on reinstalling a few times because of that.

Airborne has my favorite implementation of a lean + cover system. I really wish it had caught on.

the game is fun, i love driving the tanks, i am a very good tank driver, so it's for fun me.

the game is fun, i love driving the tanks, i am a very good tank driver, so it's for fun me.

I love blowing tanks up! Especially with a squad of engi. Instant death for all vehicles.

Goes hand in glove with my post here: http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1037227939&postcount=106

MOHAA is still one of my all time favorite games and FPS's. That's the game I got reared on to become a full fledged PC gamer.

So this is personal for me. For $15, I want to see this thing for what it is and put it down/send it off myself if you know what I mean. ;)

Damn this was depressing. The multiplayer is a decent "BC 2 Lite" but the single player is an utterly painful abomination. It's telling that I'm feeling bad about even spending $15 on this.

Truly an ignominous end to a once great series. RIP. :(

I like Vietnam. There is one map where the objective makes a clusterfuck around 2 boulders. Nothing like suicide bombing with a flame thrower in there. Had one match where my whole team followed my lead with flame throwers. Epic fun!

But yea no sniping allowed in Vietnam. Unless you're a badass, cool under pressure shot. The minuscule amount of cover is well known by both teams and you're subject to being overrun quickly. But the other weapons are pretty darn fun to use and I got good mileage from the game. Just not a lot of people playing it however.

And in truth multiplayer games are all about how many matches you can get into at your skill level when you're ready to play. I find plenty that suit me, but I'm not a great FPS player. If I can get a few cool kills per match I'm happy.

Well I did warn you :(

I had to see it for myself. One of those morbid fascination/got to take the horse out in the back and do this deed myself kind of thing.

I'm sad. :( And angry at seeing such a great series get shat on so abysmally. :mad:

To something that came up earlier: I can easily and gladly recommend Medal of Honor Airborne. They should have let that be the last game in the series and it would have just been better all the way around.

should I bother getting vietnam?

Vietnam is great, improved hit detection and smoothness of play are big factors in the enjoyment for me. I haven't gone back to vanilla since.

I like Vietnam. There is one map where the objective makes a clusterfuck around 2 boulders. Nothing like suicide bombing with a flame thrower in there. Had one match where my whole team followed my lead with flame throwers. Epic fun!

Cao Son Temple Rush? I love that bit it's insane

Pass. I've got it. It's essentially a map pack and I tried to play it for a couple days. could not get into it. There's literally no cover at all. period.

Sorry - late to the party but I have to respectfully disagree. A "map pack" signifies that all you are getting is maps. Vietnam has all new weapons, vehicles, music, and yes maps. It's amazingly well done. Some maps don't have as much cover, but that's war. Stick with your tank if you need it.

It's well worth 15 bucks, one of the best mutiplayer expansion packs I've played. It also macks it more fun to mix up regular Battlefield with some Vietnam.

It's on sale right now at Direct2Drive for $9.97. If you redeem the code given through the EA Download Manager, it will give you the Digital Deluxe Edition (includes Vietnam DLC).

Airborne was great, but anyone getting it should be aware of some potential patching issues on W7. I played it recently and could only play out of the box, as no patches would apply. Unfortunately it's just old enough that EA don't seem to care about fixing this, so you might be stuck without MP.

Sorry - late to the party but I have to respectfully disagree. A "map pack" signifies that all you are getting is maps. Vietnam has all new weapons, vehicles, music, and yes maps. It's amazingly well done. Some maps don't have as much cover, but that's war. Stick with your tank if you need it.

It's well worth 15 bucks, one of the best mutiplayer expansion packs I've played. It also macks it more fun to mix up regular Battlefield with some Vietnam.

I'm with this guy. Vietnam does big smelly runny poos all over vanilla BC2 in my opinion. The hit reg and damage model seems tighter and more rewarding. The only thing I dislike about it is the tanks vs helis issue.

It is an excellent expansion but like most BF expansion packs, there is less activity. Also, the tanks vs heli issue is stupid. Way too easy to nail choppers with a tank. Pretty easy in vanilla bc2 too but not like nam.

Pity b/c it is a good game. There is cover but in some maps there is serious chokepoint issues.

Played it for an hour or so - I could not get into it. They focused far too much on the destructive areas and far too less on the actaul gameplay and re-playability.

It is an excellent expansion but like most BF expansion packs, there is less activity. Also, the tanks vs heli issue is stupid. Way too easy to nail choppers with a tank. Pretty easy in vanilla bc2 too but not like nam.

Pity b/c it is a good game. There is cover but in some maps there is serious chokepoint issues.

?
You think a 90 mm high explosive shell shouldn't drop an unarmored chopper in one shot?
Dont't stay head on to the tank and you're not very likely to get nailed.

It isn't the damage to the helicopter, it is the ease of hitting it in the first place. In Vietnam it isn't too difficult to hit choppers regardless of whether they are coming at you head on or not.

They fucked with the heli hitbox in Nam from what I can tell. You can fire a shell at a helicopter and completely miss it by a mile and it will still register as a hit. The best heli pilots do some weird flying bunnyhop-style shit that makes it harder to hit them.

Back