Battlefield Bad Company 2 for PC $20 EA Store

MrSuge

Limp Gawd
$20 after coupon code PAXEAST842

BC2

credit to juliocho @ slickdeals

edit: Now $29.95.

As other have stated in the thread to get around the 1 year download time from EA create an .iso of the files that EADM downloads and then either burn it or store it on a HD. No need to download anymore if you reinstall windows and no need for EADM.

Last edited:
i am angry at myself for paying $50 when it launched.

edit: and I don't even like it that much :(

Some other good uses for the coupon:

Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening for $20
Medal of Honor pre-order for $30
Dead Space 2 pre-order for $30

This appears to be for EA Digital Download only. Is there any way to get the retail version? I don't want to have to install another game manager besides Steam.

Bah... so much for it being worth it to have paid the $50 on Steam via pre-order, I'm surprised it dropped so low so quickly considering its popularity and quality.

I feel so jipped... probably the last time I pay full price for a game, this happens too often after release

Killer deal! I am grabbing a few keys for friends to play when the come over.

The only way I can justify the steam "limited edition" preorder is that it allowed me to play for a month before release, which was great fun. Other than that, I want my 30 bucks back :(

Just to chime in for the nay sayers I agree it sucks its not on steam, but the EA download manager works great for me. It's faster and more reliable than my D2D manager. My thoughts on the One year policy. I believe it's more self protection on EA's part. I bought BF2142 and BF2 over a year ago and they are still available for DL. I believe EA will only guarantee them for a year because they dont want to be held liable if they can't support the Download servers 5 years from now.. EA digital downloading is not the monster that steam is. I think this deal is utterly insane. We never EVER see deals this good when a game is so close to release and it makes me feel a little better after the bitter taste of 59.99 games. (FU settlers 7 btw.). Don't pass this up if you are weary of DD managers. It works just fine.

Just to chime in for the nay sayers I agree it sucks its not on steam, but the EA download manager works great for me. It's faster and more reliable than my D2D manager. My thoughts on the One year policy. I believe it's more self protection on EA's part. I bought BF2142 and BF2 over a year ago and they are still available for DL. I believe EA will only guarantee them for a year because they dont want to be held liable if they can't support the Download servers 5 years from now.. EA digital downloading is not the monster that steam is. I think this deal is utterly insane. We never EVER see deals this good when a game is so close to release and it makes me feel a little better after the bitter taste of 59.99 games. (FU settlers 7 btw.). Don't pass this up if you are weary of DD managers. It works just fine.

Its not EA's policy, its Digital River's.

I'm willing to try EA's downloading service, because if they try to cheat me by taking it off, I can always just pirate it back.

Many thanks. I was on the fence about this game, but for the price its a no brainer.

good luck paying with paypal. Anyone buy it with debit card?

i tried to pay with paypal and it didnt do anything maybe firefox was the problem? i would try again but i dont care that much (i have alot of funds in my paypal account and dont need 2 copies of this game but would be nice for online gameplay with buddies i bought 4 copies of bf2 when it came out for my poor friends)

Last edited:

i tried to pay with paypal and it didnt do anything maybe firefox was the problem? i would try again but i dont care that much (i have alot of funds in my paypal account and dont need 2 copies of this game but would be nice for online gameplay with buddies i bought 4 copies of bf2 when it came out for my poor friends)

I used my debit card and Firefox to buy the game. No issues.

Oh lol, almost as cheap as Cuichuming without the skittishness issues. :p

Seriously though, awesome deal. :)

28 bux for the real copy if anyone is interested, if i knew i could just have the key for 20 id buy the digital (well i tried but didnt let me withpaypal and firefox)

Bit. Hopefully EADM doesn't blow as hard as I think it will.

so far it's fine. it's just an AIR app. it runs pretty lean and i'm pretty sure i will just delete it once the game is installed.

question: i accidentally bought the game with the wrong email address which i guess they created a new "EA Master Account" for ... thing is my other games like Spore and ME2 are on the other email address. Is this going to be a problem for me in game? I want to use my main EA account for everything.

How would this game run on a system with an E7200 @ 3.5ghz, 4GB of RAM, and an ATI 4850?

paypal on chrome worked fine. the continue button was really weird (said add to cart), but clicking the very top of the button worked.

I just bit with Paypal on Firefox. It was fine.

This was too good of a deal to resist. Almost as good as the BB MW2 typo deal.

Back