Battlefield Bad Company 2 for PC $20 EA Store

great deal, game is easily worth $50 and a STEAL at $20. i'm addicted :)

Also, a friend told me the physical copy runs on EA's friends system while the digital copy runs on Steam's friends. A great game nevertheless..

Also, a friend told me the physical copy runs on EA's friends system while the digital copy runs on Steam's friends. A great game nevertheless..

I think you can add any game to steam and use it's friend's list.

But from my experience with BC2, Steam will tell me who's playing the game, but not actually let me join them. I still have to use the flawed in game friend system to do that.

Thanks OP, but I'm having problems. I bought the game for my brother. It gave us a used serial code. We're currently going through hoops in order to correct the problem.

Thanks OP, but I'm having problems. I bought the game for my brother. It gave us a used serial code. We're currently going through hoops in order to correct the problem.

it did the same to me, all you need to do is sign in to ea or register , the code did nothing for me so far, im downloading as i type.

From the EA Store FAQ

"Note: Digital download rights remain available for one year after date of purchase."

What the hell does that mean? I can't download the game anymore after one year? If so, fuck that.

From the EA Store FAQ

"Note: Digital download rights remain available for one year after date of purchase."

What the hell does that mean? I can't download the game anymore after one year? If so, fuck that.

So go to the store and demand another copy a game you lost the disc to.

From the EA Store FAQ

That's why I always go with a Physical copy, even if it's $10 more. At $30 shipped, it's still a bargain.

but if I PAY MONEY FOR IT, I should be able to access it whenever I want, for as long as I want. ala steam

I hope I'm wrong because if I'm not, that is utter bullshit

Fucking sick deal, seems to work on 360 games too. I think I might snag Dragon Age Origins Awakenings.

Damnit, I bought this for $50 2 weeks ago and I barley touched it. Damn you SC2 beta!

the 1 year thing pretty much kills it for me. if I have to spend 10 more bucks for the physical game then its not that good of a deal because I will only play single player anyway.

what I am confused about is that Dead Space 2 is listed for pre-order on PC when I thought they said a PC version wasnt planned. my luck if I use the coupon for Dead Space then the PC version will officially get pulled before launch and I would have wasted a $20 coupon for nothing. :(

All you need is the CD-Key for this game.. Where you Download it doesn't matter.

edit: This code works on any EA game in there store btw. Not sure if that was said..:/
edit2: not all games.. But it worked on Dante's Inferno for me.. made it 23$

Last edited:
All you need is the CD-Key for this game.. Where you Download it doesn't matter.

edit: This code works on any EA game in there store btw. Not sure if that was said..:/
so can the initial EA store download actually be saved?

and no that code doesnt work on just any game.

So technically I can "download" BFBC2 from other less scrupulous sources, and the CD key I got from buying it tonight will work?

So technically I can "download" BFBC2 from other less scrupulous sources, and the CD key I got from buying it tonight will work?

Yes. When you load the game up. You have to enter a CD-Key into your EA account to play online.

Hmm thats annoying. The EA site detects that i'm in Australia and redirects me to their Asia pacific site. There, BC2 costs $US90 !!

Guess we'll be seeing some more BC2 players..oh joy...can't wait for the servers to be overloaded again....oh wait, it never stopped.

Last edited:
Guess we'll be seeing some more BC3 players..oh joy...can't wait for the servers to be overloaded again....oh wait, it never stopped.

Hey at least people are playing the game. Try the latest version of UT3 if you want to see how a great game with nobody playing it is :(

I decided to get a physical copy of Mass Effect 2 instead. Added the $5 Mass Effect digital download to get above $40. Paid $25 shipped with ME2 and ME:pinaccle Station.

Hey at least people are playing the game. Try the latest version of UT3 if you want to see how a great game with nobody playing it is :(

Yeah man i bought UT3 cause 2k4 was amazing, but no one plays it.

Thanks a lot, picked up DA:Awakenings for $20 two weeks after it came out. More in line with what I expect to pay for an expansion.

I just ordered a physical copy of the Dragon Age expansion for $21 shipped after tax with this promo code. :D

Thanks OP

I just used UltraIso to pack up the files that the EA Downloader used to install BF:BC2. I have it sitting in my iso's folder all neat and stuff with the cd key. Almost looks like a "scene" release, hehe.

Back