Battlefield 5 DLC Delayed Due to Technical Issues

All good points. My main issue is the theme. WWII is known for USA, Russia, and Germans, who the hell cars about some unknown place with British soldiers, some girls on the front lines?
"Unknown place with British soldiers"
What lol.. I think you have missed a couple of history classes.

You must be joking right? Nope! let me guess, i'm just a shill fanboi!? lol

Missing content - lots of content at launch and more coming. all dlc free. what's "missing"? firestorm? lol
Buggy servers, lots of bugs period. - at lvl 50 I have yet to see any "bugs". Literally none. If you understand the significant amount of variables when it comes to networking a colossal shit ton of people together, then the folks using wifi and outdated hardware probably won't have the best experience.
Un-interesting maps/locations - the maps are gorgeous and the attention to detail is amazing. this is just grasping at straws.
The lighting is all fucked up some maps. - also untrue from my experience. source? screenshots of this?
Nobody is playing it and empty servers - I don't even have to dignify this asinine comment with a response and you just dropped a grenade on having any credible points here whatsoever. Go back to watching twitch.

And these are all complaints from people that purchased the game. Did you see Angryjoe's reviews? wowza, and he's a Battlefield fanboy.
how do you know they bought the game? are they all posting receipt screenshots? that would be weird. the internet is a giant echo chamber and you're just trying to preach the trash that spews out at the end of it.

how do you know they bought the game? are they all posting receipt screenshots? that would be weird. the internet is a giant echo chamber and you're just trying to preach the trash that spews out at the end of it.

Angyjoe showed proof of purchase on his review, and he bought the $100 deluxe edition because he is a fanboy. Yet he completely trashed the game and says he won't even play it any more.

"Unknown place with British soldiers"
What lol.. I think you have missed a couple of history classes.
These are the same people decrying women in the game because it's not historically accurate.

they need to do a remake of one of those with today's tech, pretty sure it would sell more copies than BF1 & BF V combined
Not a chance. Today's mentality of gamers would cry if they tried playing a remade BF2 - everything would be considered "OP", and they'd want everything nerfed, especially the vehicles and aircraft. And reviews would shit on it for being imbalanced and outdated and not enough like "today's games".

Old games are amazing when considered in retrospect, but they were also tuned to the gaming culture of a point in time.

Last edited:
Not a chance. Today's mentality of gamers would cry if they tried playing a remade BF2 - everything would be considered "OP", and they'd want everything nerfed, especially the vehicles and aircraft.

If they included prone hopping who could blame them?

BF5 has issues...

The server browser blows.. period.
The overall interface to adjust classes, weapon loadouts and such is a clickhappy mess as well.
The in game "balance" does not exist.. bombers too powerful... AA too anemic.. Tanks too easy to kill.. Assault weapons are as accurate as sniper weps and kill faster.. etc..
There is much more to not like.

All that said it's masses better than BF1 and I've played to lvl 50 already. Game could be lots better.. hopefully the upcoming adjustments are a step in that direction. Also hope private hardcore servers come sooner than later. Having to unload a mag and get 4-5 hits to kill kinda sucks and feels way too arcade mode to me.

I have had no issues with the game. I enjoy it and I can wait for a DLC. For me, this launch was smooth and I would recommend this game to anyone.

The game is okay at best, I actually think BF1 was better. They start you off in support with the KE7, a weapon which was only used by China during WW2. In light infantry it's the sturmgewehr 1-5, or the proper name the Volkssturmgewehr which was a last ditch weapon used by the Volkssturm (peoples army) during the last months of the war. never by the Wehrmacht or the Waffen SS. I won't even mention how odd it is seeing females dressed as Wehrmacht soldiers. I dont know, the game seems to be a historical fantasy with a heaping of political correctness thrown in.

Rushed game having problems!
The opposite is true if you read past clickbait.

Launch itself was smooth, much more so than previous BF titles. This DLC update was delayed only a day *gasp*, precisely because they didn't rush it out and caught a bug.

I don't know where all the bellyaching is coming from. I've got about 15 hours in it so far and it's not bad for $30-40

Now I just need to level up these guns and figure out the right skill trees.

*battlefield alerts me to update this morning*
*clicks and goes to make coffee*
*comes back*
*BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH*
narrow-eyes-gif-1.gif

Oh shit. Bsod? I updated and walked away this am. Have to check on it at lunch.

Oh shit. Bsod? I updated and walked away this am. Have to check on it at lunch.

First time ever since Windows 10. This computers been up at least 6 months. I rebooted and its downloading again. very curious. Im not going to get to play before work this must be the big update they delayed :(

All good points. My main issue is the theme. WWII is known for USA, Russia, and Germans, who the hell cars about some unknown place with British soldiers, some girls on the front lines?
The girl is a norwegian local fighting to save her mother from the germans. The weird girl in the trailer isn’t even in the game. (Story mode)

These are the same people decrying women in the game because it's not historically accurate.
I'm just amazed that he thinks WW2 is known for "USA, Russia and Germany" on the European front, while leaving out the British who apparently had no big part of WW2 o_O
Makes me really wonder what they teach in the schools nowadays.

You must be joking right?

Missing content
Buggy servers, lots of bugs period.
Un-interesting maps/locations
The lighting is all fucked up some maps.
Nobody is playing it and empty servers

And these are all complaints from people that purchased the game. Did you see Angryjoe's reviews? wowza, and he's a Battlefield fanboy.
Empty servers.... No not at all lol.

game looks great, is fun to play and has run smooth since launch. I'm glad they didn't push out a buggy update and I look forward to the DLC. It's sad to see everyone taking their sexual frustrations out on the devs by making snarky nonsensical comments about a game they probably didn't even purchase lol wtf is wrong with people.

Bought the full game on the PC. Own most BF games. But Dice/game companies should stay out of politics/social issues, they are selling entertainment.

And in BFv they are forcing their SJW poltics on everyone, why is it that if I have a male aviator on one team, I'm forced to play as a chick when I play for another team? (yes I know it can be changed for most things, but they have made it more complicated that it should be)

Not sure if serious...but if so, know that all the DLC for BF5 is free.
Thing is (and this is not just aimed at BF/etc) is that DLC in the first month should be called an update, especially if it's not paid...

Thing is (and this is not just aimed at BF/etc) is that DLC in the first month should be called an update, especially if it's not paid...

Except Update is synonymous with patch, and DLC is synonymous with additional post-launch content. Calling it DLC is accurate.

Reactions: Croak
like this
Bought the full game on the PC. Own most BF games. But Dice/game companies should stay out of politics/social issues, they are selling entertainment.

And in BFv they are forcing their SJW poltics on everyone, why is it that if I have a male aviator on one team, I'm forced to play as a chick when I play for another team? (yes I know it can be changed for most things, but they have made it more complicated that it should be)
I 100% agree with you on this. How politics and social justice became the face of this game is fucking disgusting. everyone pushing that agenda into any game should be beat. then to see them mocking the negative comments at a launch event is astonishing. I personally won't let this decide whether or not I get a game, if it's fun, it's fun. But to see this crap constantly popping up in my news feed makes me cringe. why not just let it fucking go? what is there to gain by pushing this agenda? by adding a woman as the face of a WW2 game I feel is disrespectful to the ones who actually served in the war. they went for some bizarre fortnite/bf hybrid shit that was never going to work.

I 100% agree with you on this. How politics and social justice became the face of this game is fucking disgusting. everyone pushing that agenda into any game should be beat. then to see them mocking the negative comments at a launch event is astonishing. I personally won't let this decide whether or not I get a game, if it's fun, it's fun. But to see this crap constantly popping up in my news feed makes me cringe. why not just let it fucking go? what is there to gain by pushing this agenda? by adding a woman as the face of a WW2 game I feel is disrespectful to the ones who actually served in the war. they went for some bizarre fortnite/bf hybrid shit that was never going to work.

I don't even care about putting the woman on the cover. Whatever. Its all the woke shit they push after that. Its a game, you want a chick on the cover fine, you want female characters in the game fine. You want to make a political point, unless the game is about making a political point, fuck you.

I think aside from the disappointing variety at launch my main complaint is that this isn't battlefield 5. I get the tongue in cheek calling battlefield 1 as such since its WWI, but battlefield V isn't a continuation of the same gameplay and modern combat of battlefield 2,3,4. I feel like DICE should keep calling these historical combat and alternative universe combat games by different names like it was with vietnam, bad comany, 2142 etc. They can keep pumping those out yearly and then focus on making good flagship Battlefield numbered titles every couple years.

Been playing the game for a week now. Game was 30 bucks!

No sure about the empty servers stuff. In a week I have never had an issue with this.

The map design is clearly not that great. They flow horribly and make the games feel like TDM or some shit. But there are 3 or so good maps.

I have seen a few bugs, mostly involving geometry.

Medic guns were shit. Patch supposedly fixed this...still seem like shit.

The changes to crates for ammo and health is throwing new players off.

Snipers are crazy in this game.

Squad ressing is kinda good and bad...Lessens playing the medic, but being able to res a squad mate as any class is great.

Points for upgrades are pretty slim. They need to adjust that IMO.

Give the game a 6/10. It's OK.

Back