Battlefield 5 DLC Delayed Due to Technical Issues

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
As we reported yesterday, Battlefield 5's "Overture" was supposed to launch today. But on the official Battlefield Twitter, the developers announced that the new DLC has been delayed due to an unspecified issue. As of now, there's no concrete timetable for the free DLC's release, but the developers said "We don't anticipate a long delay and we'll be back with more news tomorrow or as soon as we have it." DICE went into a little more detail in an official Reddit post, and they streamed some gameplay from the new expansion on Twitch, for those that want a preview.

As we were preparing the final checks in releasing our next game update Chapter 1: Overture tomorrow, we've encountered a couple of issues as we implement some of the new improvements to the game and servers. Knowing that, we're putting more time in testing the build and will be pushing back deployment until we can ensure the update is solid. We know a lot of you are excited for this content, and we're excited to get it to you, but only once we can ensure the experience is great.*

Hang on, didn't this just come out? Wtf is a DLC for in the first month.. are kidding? Is this another Blizzard-tier April fools joke?

Hang on, didn't this just come out? Wtf is a DLC for in the first month.. are kidding? Is this another Blizzard-tier April fools joke?

In their defense all of the DLC is free on Battlefield V, so it isn't as bad as it sounds. On the other hand even though I have been enjoying it immensely anyway, the game was not finished on release. A lot of features were pulled to put it out on time.

game looks great, is fun to play and has run smooth since launch. I'm glad they didn't push out a buggy update and I look forward to the DLC. It's sad to see everyone taking their sexual frustrations out on the devs by making snarky nonsensical comments about a game they probably didn't even purchase lol wtf is wrong with people.

Lol... You get something that is not even half baked at launch, but the DLC's are free. … :D I cant....lol

bf5 is in a pretty sorry state. It feels like a shittier bf1

Not sure if serious...but if so, know that all the DLC for BF5 is free.

I was unaware. With the current prevalence of paid DLC and microtransactions it was assumed to be a safe judgement.

I haven't played the game, but I've seen the complaints so at least they're trying to do something right here.

Reactions: Croak
like this
Companies need to stop trying to do yearly releases of these titles. Look at what has happened to Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty. When they were pumping out these games yearly, they turned to shit. Assassin's Creed finally went back to the drawing board and came out with Origins and Odyssey, arguably way better games than the prior few titles. Call of Duty never did learn but hey, it's Call of Duty.

Battlefield is likely to suffer the same fate. The sad thing is that the Battlefield franchise was so awesome back in the 2142 days, but now it's a shadow of its former self.

Companies need to stop trying to do yearly releases of these titles. Look at what has happened to Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty. When they were pumping out these games yearly, they turned to shit. Assassin's Creed finally went back to the drawing board and came out with Origins and Odyssey, arguably way better games than the prior few titles. Call of Duty never did learn but hey, it's Call of Duty.

Battlefield is likely to suffer the same fate. The sad thing is that the Battlefield franchise was so awesome back in the 2142 days, but now it's a shadow of its former self.

At least with call of duty I believe they are still using 3 developers so they get a 3 year dev cycle each?

At least with call of duty I believe they are still using 3 developers so they get a 3 year dev cycle each?

I thought it was just Treyarch and Infinity Ward, but could be wrong.

Either way, it seems like it's been going downhill in general.

I thought it was just Treyarch and Infinity Ward, but could be wrong.

Either way, it seems like it's been going downhill in general.
Sledgehammer games is the 3rd.

I skipped the last two but bought the recent one, only play zombie mode with the wife though.

I was unaware. With the current prevalence of paid DLC and microtransactions it was assumed to be a safe judgement.

I haven't played the game, but I've seen the complaints so at least they're trying to do something right here.
Exhibit-A why internet brigading is so toxic.

"I don't know anything about the game, I haven't played it, I just saw other people complaining so I joined in."

Last edited:
Exhibit-A why brigading is so toxic.

"I don't really know, I haven't played the game, I don't know anything about it, I just saw other people complaining so I joined in. Weee!"

So much this. People just parrot what someone else said and then you end up with pages and pages of forum posts about something you believe is a big deal but it really is a giant echo chamber with only a few sources with an issue.

I see the same shit on amazon (i know a bit off topic) "I don't have this product but my brother in law bought something similar and it sucks" and then rates it at one star.

I'm thinking they are afraid to release DLC on a poorly-selling title in the hopes of delaying it to keep rounds-in-the-chamber........if they can patch the game, get people buying it at $29.99 or $34.99 and then start to feed DLC, they'll keep up sales.

They release the DLC now on an unpopular and buggy game.....they've wasted a shot. And they can't afford that I am guessing cuz any content for this game is already done or near completion.

game looks great, is fun to play and has run smooth since launch. I'm glad they didn't push out a buggy update and I look forward to the DLC. It's sad to see everyone taking their sexual frustrations out on the devs by making snarky nonsensical comments about a game they probably didn't even purchase lol wtf is wrong with people.

You must be joking right?

Missing content
Buggy servers, lots of bugs period.
Un-interesting maps/locations
The lighting is all fucked up some maps.
Nobody is playing it and empty servers

And these are all complaints from people that purchased the game. Did you see Angryjoe's reviews? wowza, and he's a Battlefield fanboy.

Last edited:
Not sure if serious...but if so, know that all the DLC for BF5 is free.

With the added benefit of it looking like Fortnite 6 months from now to pay for the "free" DLC. It does cost the base game and quality long term.

technical difficulty being, not enough time to finish the game with half the content at release, then the other half to be released months after....it's clear that dice cannot keep up with the yearly releases EA imposes on them, games are shitier and have far less content.

Missing content

And these are all complaints from people that purchased the game. Did you see Angryjoe's reviews? wowza
1) It's a bit light on content vs other releases, but there is still a lot to do. They're adding content continuously, for better or worse they are trying a "games as a service" model with BF5. I actually prefer this vs the DLC model they used before because it doesn't fracture the playerbase.
2) I haven't experienced very many serious bugs at all and I've got 30+ hours in the game multiplayer already.
3) Subjective
4) Subjective, I've never noticed this
5) Not true, I have no issues finding games, there's always servers.

Have YOU actually played the game?

technical difficulty being, not enough time to finish the game with half the content at release, then the other half to be released months after....it's clear that dice cannot keep up with the yearly releases EA imposes on them, games are shitier and have far less content.

Pretty sure a different team largely works on Battlefront. BF still has a two year development cycle. In any case this suffered more from lack of quality and poor direction than time. With luck the next BF game will come soon and be decent but I really, really doubt it. Perhaps it will be three years until the next game. BF3 and 4 were largely similar with a two year cycle. BF1 came out three years after BF4, largely because the game was re-done. BFV is essentially what BF4 was to BF3, an improved but iterative game over BF1.

I suppose a three year cycle and firing everyone in charge of BF1/V direction may be helpful. They need the time to rewrite the engine, redesign something like Battlelog and figure out how to make the game play interesting. The stuttering in BF1/V is horrible along with the general direction.

1) It's a bit light on content vs other releases, but there is still a lot to do. They're adding content continuously, for better or worse they are trying a "games as a service" model with BF5. I actually prefer this vs the DLC model they used before because it doesn't fracture the playerbase.
2) I haven't experienced very many serious bugs at all and I've got 30+ hours in the game multiplayer already.
3) Subjective
4) Subjective, I've never noticed this
5) Not true, I have no issues finding games, there's always servers.

Have YOU actually played the game?

5) Give it like 2 weeks and you won't see full servers.

No hell no I won't buy that EA PIECE OF SHIT, because EA sucks ass, and their stock has been on a crushing downfall since Battlefront II, and will continue falling until 0.

Let me ask you this, why did you buy the game? Why give EA anything when they clearly don't give a shit about gamers.

No hell no I won't buy that EA PIECE OF SHIT, because EA sucks ass, and their stock has been on a crushing downfall since Battlefront II, and will continue falling until 0.

This helped me decide to go buy it this evening. Now that I am seeing so many opinions on the game that have no experience and just parroting what someone else said, it must not be that bad. EA thanks you for the sales of two copies of the game.

Do the old games still work?
bf2142.jpg

This helped me decide to go buy it this evening. Now that I am seeing so many opinions on the game that have no experience and just parroting what someone else said, it must not be that bad. EA thanks you for the sales of two copies of the game.

Not sure if serious? If so then let us all know what you think of your $120. LOL

Missing content

And these are all complaints from people that purchased the game. Did you see Angryjoe's reviews? wowza

I went and watched his review. Definitely can see some valid points. To be honest I've only played maybe 5 or 6 hours so a lot of this stuff I'm not really being exposed to specifically the lack of content. Ive only played 3 maps, breakthrough only and while I'm thoroughly enjoying myself I could see getting tired of it if theres only 8 maps and assuming their pretty samie which looks like it might be true.

I don't know anything about empty servers, I've been doing auto-join and its been loaded everytime.

I could see myself getting mad if I beta'd, preorderd and paid $60 but they really hound you for the subscription so as of this moment I've only spent $15 for the EA sub and thats it so I think I'm seeing it from a different perspective.

Speaking of perspective I could be out of my ass here but every battlefield since Battlefield 3 been a mess on launch, even Bad Company 2 my personal favorite was a dumpster fire(FUCK THAT FUCKING SERVER BROWSER). So I got this with the expectation that it would be miserable. I think in hindsight my advice to any BF new comer would be to always wait a couple months on release to let it air out. Thats a terrible thing to say for DICE's reputation but its 100% my experience. I didn't get around to BF4 until months after release.

So yes I agree, if people want a polished BF experience maybe wait, no I disagree for 15 rupees its been fine I'm happy. However if the Pacific theater doesn't show up sooner rather than later I could totally see myself canceling.

Last edited:
Not sure if serious? If so then let us all know what you think of your $120. LOL

Partially and partially me being a sarcastic ass lol.

Actually have been watching some streams of it lately and the wife has been asking about it so might pick it up. Loved BF4, but hated bf1, hoping it is at least somewhere in between lol.

Let me ask you this, why did you buy the game? Why give EA anything when they clearly don't give a shit about gamers.
Okay so you admit that you have no experience and are just parroting what you are reading from others (who likely are just parroting other people themselves).

I can get on BF1 or BF4 and still find full servers so if you expect BFV to be empty in 2 weeks, I'd recommend you lay off the crack pipe.

I bought BFV because I've bought and played every other BF game since Bad Company 2 and I enjoy them. So far, BFV is a lot more stable and has considerably less bugs than BF4 and BF3 did at launch. Only one issue I've encountered was game-breaking and I've only experienced it once.

I bought BFV because I've bought and played every other BF game since Bad Company 2

Well there's your problem, the series started to go to shit after BC2. ;)

Seriously though, maybe that's the difference here - we've got some people who remember Battlfield as pre-BC2, and others post-BC2. The feel of the series shifted significantly around that time.

I went and watched his review. Definitely can see some valid points. To be honest I've only played maybe 5 or 6 hours so a lot of this stuff I'm not really being exposed to specifically the lack of content. Ive only played 3 maps, breakthrough only and while I'm thoroughly enjoying myself I could see getting tired of it if theres only 8 maps and assuming their pretty samie which looks like it might be true.

I don't know anything about empty servers, I've been doing auto-join and its been loaded everytime.

I could see myself getting mad if I beta'd, preorderd and paid $60 but they really hound you for the subscription so as of this moment I've only spent $15 for the EA sub and thats it so I think I'm seeing it from a different perspective.

Speaking of perspective I could be out of my ass here but every battlefield since Battlefield 3 been a mess on launch, even Bad Company 2 my personal favorite was a dumpster fire. So I got this with the expectation that it would be miserable. I think in hindsight my advice to any BF new comer would be to always wait a couple months on release to let it air out. Thats a terrible thing to say for DICE's reputation but its 100% my experience.

So yes I agree, if people want a polished BF experience maybe wait, no I disagree for 15 rupees its been fine I'm happy. However if the Pacific theater doesn't show up sooner rather than later I could totally see myself canceling.

All good points. My main issue is the theme. WWII is known for USA, Russia, and Germans, who the hell cars about some unknown place with British soldiers, some girls on the front lines?

Okay so you admit that you have no experience and are just parroting what you are reading from others (who likely are just parroting other people themselves).

I can get on BF1 or BF4 and still find full servers so if you expect BFV to be empty in 2 weeks, I'd recommend you lay off the crack pipe.

I bought BFV because I've bought and played every other BF game since Bad Company 2 and I enjoy them. So far, BFV is a lot more stable and has considerably less bugs than BF4 and BF3 did at launch. Only one issue I've encountered was game-breaking and I've only experienced it once.

Well first of all, BF1 was a pretty good game, although it still had some issues, I bought it and had fun with it for like 6 months.

I feel jealous now that you are having so fun with it!! (while I'm playing BO4).

I'm playing it and i like it.
Playing the alpha helped i think as in the Alpha I had to get used to what to look for. I was finding the enemy were blending too much, but now much better at spotting them.
TTK needs fixing, which is being worked on at least.

I've played every Battlefield and this launch is nearly the same as any other.
Bugs at the start. Few weeks in and they'll patch the big ones

I admit BF V release isn`t smooth , some bugs , some other things could be better and it feels too much like BF1 rather than BF4.

but i still like it , i have owned most BF games (all except 2142, BC1/2,1943)

Regarding the empty servers. BF1 sales versus BF5 sales are down by 50%. Sure you can find full servers, the damned game was just released, but I see a heck of a lot more empty servers in its near future.

Well there's your problem, the series started to go to shit after BC2. ;)

Seriously though, maybe that's the difference here - we've got some people who remember Battlfield as pre-BC2, and others post-BC2. The feel of the series shifted significantly around that time.
I played OG 1942 a looooong time ago now but not enough to really formulate an opinion.

I didn't play BF2 because I was in college and really only played WoW around that time.

Been playing consistently-ish since BC2.

Back