Battlefield 4 [Pre-Order Questions]

Will you be getting BF4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes. And I'm hoping for a better out of the box product than BF3 was. BF3 eventually became a very good but oddly balanced MP game, while the single player was and is utter trash.

Hoping for better MP class variety, a more balanced and logical set of weaponry, and no need to do things like play coop to unlock weapons, especially if those weapons aren't going to have some sort of advantage over naturally unlocked weapons. And I'm also hoping that weapon add-ons are unlocked as a whole, not per-gun. So when you unlock a reflex sight once, you can use it on every weapon right away, instead of having to unlock the reflex sight on every single individual gun.

Lastly, server-side hit detection to avoid incidents like being shot three seconds after running around a corner would be nice.

Voted 'Not Gonna Happen', since this poll seems to be based on pre-ordering. I pre-ordered Diablo 3 and got 'Launch Burn', and pre-ordered the mess that was/is Simcity and got 'double launch burn'. That's enough to cure me of pre-ordering any game again.

-SR

Nope, they completely nerfed Engineer, and made Medic almost pointless for any map except Metro. I only played the game for a couple months before I got completely bored, because it just turned into a snipefest.

I will wait to see reviews before I jump, and even then it might be a "buy on sale" game.

Nope, they completely nerfed Engineer, and made Medic almost pointless for any map except Metro. I only played the game for a couple months before I got completely bored, because it just turned into a snipefest.

I will wait to see reviews before I jump, and even then it might be a "buy on sale" game.

Your information is several patches out of date.

Ill be out of thr country from august til next june, so I doubt ill be getting it.

nope, as long as shitty client side hit detection exists along with retard game mechanics such as "suppression" lol. if i get bored and it's $20 i might later.

Do you still have to lock on for 10 seconds before you can fire at airborne targets (and while waiting someone snipes your prone ass)? Do they still move out of your effective range before you can lock? Do they still take two fucking hits to kill? Do they still have multiple loads of chaff that always fools the missile?

Do direct hits with the normal unguided RPG still not kill soldiers?

If so then the engineer is still nerfed. No anti-personnel rocket ammunition (e.g. what they called the Carl Gustaf in BF:BC2) = not realistic even 50 years ago = not fun at all. And the anti-air weapons are seriously broken in favor of the aircraft.

Last edited:
I'll get it eventually. BF3 is more than enough right now and for quite a while longer.

I haven't really read up any details. Are they bringing commander back? In game voip in pubs?

I never preorder games.... ever.
It would take more than a few game play changes for me to ever like BF3. So yes if they completely redesigned the game from the ground up with no recycled content and no if they didn't.

Why the hell would anyone pre-order this game before the public beta? And even then, have not enough you not learned your lesson about pre-ordering EA games!?

Anyway my expectation is that BF4 is going to be the same shitastic dumbed down experience as BF3. I am pinning my hopes on unofficial mod tools and the community to deliver a more authentic BF game.

Broken poll. Topic implies pre-order.

I think a lot of people will buy this game - certainly - but a lot of people are being smarter about it and will wait until the last minute. No reason to give EA your money 6 months before release and let it sit in their account.

No, not even going to bother with this, looks almost the same as BF3 and military shooters and CoD wannabe FPS are boring and the same shit these days.

Yes and no. I will buy the game, but I won't bother pre-ordering it, unless there's a cheap pre-order deal to be had.

Planet Side 2 for me until they bring back squad based game play of the level of BF2 and BF2142.

So , voted NO.

Maybe.. Thought BF3 was a downgrade to BC2. Gameplay wise. Maybe 4 will save it. Have no issues with it not being on steam. Battlelog > anything steam has to offer.

Perhaps he got tired of waiting for them to fix things and that just irritated him to the point he stopped playing? Your statement infers his was true at some point.

The only way I would even remotely buy bf4 is if it returned to its bf2 roots.

It would have to have the same squad based gameplay, in game voip, and command structure as bf2.

They had the genre almost perfected in bf2, but I have to assume it was a complete and utter fluke for EA because they abondoned that near perfection instead of improving upon it.

The PC genre has been fucked up since the day Micro$oft decided to cross platform the xbox and the pc. Since then it's been about steadily dumbing shit down to the lowest common denominator in order to attract the average slackjawed moron.

Perhaps he got tired of waiting for them to fix things and that just irritated him to the point he stopped playing? Your statement infers his was true at some point.

My statement infers that he gave up too early in the product's life cycle, particularly given that early on in BF3's life, DICE wildly changed the game with each patch. There was a small stretch of time where a single IGLA could take down an attack helicopter, for example. That lasted all of a week and a half.

My statement also infers that he should actually play the game in its most recent incarnation in order to have a more informed opinion.

Do you still have to lock on for 10 seconds before you can fire at airborne targets (and while waiting someone snipes your prone ass)?

Lock on with a clear view takes 5 seconds. If you're being sniped, stop going prone in open areas.

Do they still move out of your effective range before you can lock?

Not if you're within range prior to breaking out a weapon that sounds an alert inside the enemy vehicle.

Do they still take two fucking hits to kill? Do they still have multiple loads of chaff that always fools the missile?

Yes, because the person playing inside the tank deserves a chance to play the game too. Javelin != Zeus' lightning bolts.

Do direct hits with the normal unguided RPG still not kill soldiers?

Direct hits with the SMAW or RPG are instant kills. Just don't expect Quake 3 levels of splash damage.

If so then the engineer is still nerfed. No anti-personnel rocket ammunition (e.g. what they called the Carl Gustaf in BF:BC2) = not realistic even 50 years ago = not fun at all. And the anti-air weapons are seriously broken in favor of the aircraft.

Oh, I see now. You're a Carl. No, BF3 is not for you. Enjoy your BC2.

Highly doubt it. Maybe on a sale down the road for the SP but they've raped and murdered the Battlefield franchise with BF3 already.

pre order no, they burned me bad with the lack of proper voip, I'll probably buy it when they have the premium package plus game for the original retail price. That way it'll feel like I'm actually getting what I'm paying for. Assuming the voip doesn't blow

Unless at least 6 of the 30-40 people I normally game with get it I won't even consider it. Even then I haven't enjoyed BF since the vietnam version.

Hell no I'm not pre-ordering shit from EA and neither should anyone else. They have absolutely 0.000 with a bar over the 0's integrity.

If the game comes out in Octoberish the game will be on sale by Christmas shopping season ~= late Novemberish.

going to wait on the beta before I pass judgement, having said that I still won't preorder anything EA publishes from this point going forward....

Might pick it up a year after release when I can get the game + all DLC for the price of the base game at launch (or less).

yep! i've had a blast with BF, BF2, 2142, BC2, and BF3. i'm sure BF4 will be the same.

yes, but under the condition that the hit detection is fixed.

Hell no I'm not pre-ordering shit from EA and neither should anyone else. They have absolutely 0.000 with a bar over the 0's integrity.

If the game comes out in Octoberish the game will be on sale by Christmas shopping season ~= late Novemberish.

I preordered BF3 through Amazon for $47 months before it launched. I'm sure it wasn't that price a month after release anywhere.

I'll pre-order when the "duped" edition will be obsolete, and "premium"/"platinum"/"chocolate flavored" edition will be out. I hated that I bought the BF3 LE, and then bam - premium edition came out with full game + all expansions for 59.99, yet a premium upgrade from LE still amounted to the same 59.99

I'll pre-order when the "duped" edition will be obsolete, and "premium"/"platinum"/"chocolate flavored" edition will be out. I hated that I bought the BF3 LE, and then bam - premium edition came out with full game + all expansions for 59.99, yet a premium upgrade from LE still amounted to the same 59.99

So... you're upset that things get cheaper with time, than when they first came out

Back