Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

the 'spring patch' is releasing today, includes the return of Gun Master game mode and also 5 new weapons for free. Also another round of gameplay fixes. I've recently started playing again after taking a hiatus, i forgot how fun it is.

Thats good to hear. Ill have to pass on the info to the guys I used to play with and see if we can get in a game. Its been at least two months since I've played.

Man, no one plays any of the alternate modes, at all. Not a single server I could find running carrier assault, defuse, etc. Only 1 server running 64 player hardcore rush, and I can't stand playing there anymore. Good server and good players, but a set of very good players always stacks one team or another. Isn't fun having it either be just steamrolling through or being steamrolled, round after round, and these guys are on 24/7.

Just don't enjoy the random whack-a-mole that is conquest, cap a flag, everyone runs off, other team caps it, repeat. Like having a bit more forced teamwork...anyone know of any good rush, defuse or more teamwork oriented modes? Tried Domination, maps are way too linear and small.

nope. sad

Any elaboration? I was mostly interested on the gun rebalance...would an LMG fired standing up still be more accurate (or at least much more easy to actually hit) at long range than most carbines or hell even sniper rifles?

Doesn't make sense to me they nerfed using an 6+x scope with the huge glare, bullet drop, slow firing, etc, when I can use a DMR with a red dot, line up the red dot on the scope glare (no need to account for bullet drop!) and get a headshot from hundreds or even a thousand yards.

It's a mishmash of the weirdest "balances" that ultimately make the average TTK even longer.

Baffling.

And the SRAW nerf? Seriously, given all the other problems with this game they are now forcing inf into using lockon weapons against air. :/

It's a mishmash of the weirdest "balances" that ultimately make the average TTK even longer.

Baffling.

And the SRAW nerf? Seriously, given all the other problems with this game they are now forcing inf into using lockon weapons against air. :/

Wait what???

Yay, let's just bend over for the awfully good pilots out there.

I had the best frag kill yesterday.

The m36? nade launcher, i chucked a whole clip at two jets coming towards my area. They were about 400 yards away.

Took them both out, it was sweet as hell.

Any elaboration? I was mostly interested on the gun rebalance...would an LMG fired standing up still be more accurate (or at least much more easy to actually hit) at long range than most carbines or hell even sniper rifles?

Doesn't make sense to me they nerfed using an 6+x scope with the huge glare, bullet drop, slow firing, etc, when I can use a DMR with a red dot, line up the red dot on the scope glare (no need to account for bullet drop!) and get a headshot from hundreds or even a thousand yards.

I don't think DMRs work like that. I know they don't.

I agree that sniper rifles shouldn't be nerfed but don't spout bs like that.

My soldier is Haemato if you feel some pressing need to see if I might know what I'm talking about.

Any elaboration? I was mostly interested on the gun rebalance...

Its rather random. PDWs/SMGs were nerfed even though they weren't that spectacular in the first place. Now they recoil more like rifles, which makes them rather pointless.

Everything has an awkward looking tracer, including handguns and suppressed weapons. So even if you want to be discrete, you'll give out your location with a stream of ugly tracers. This plus the mortar nerf (can't seem to set it up?) gives more advantages to snipers, which awkwardly work well for long distance and point blank shooting.

I wish they gave an ammo option for tracers. I don't want to use them, especially with a suppressor. But if others do, then why not? Gives out their position but lets them walk their fire in.

Tracers themselves make aiming a bit harder. They also seem to appear to the left of the weapon frequently which throws non-aimed fire off for me. When you aim I don't see this, but the tracers obscure the sights and make long range shooting more of a pain. I suppose that can count as another benefit for snipers.

They also closed off the roof access in Zavdad (spelling) and Seige of Shanghai in Domination. Did not check those out in Conquest yet. Seems like a step back to me though. A good team that went for the objectives tended to win anyways. Just makes those maps feel flat and more cluttered. Overall, the patch isn't very good IMO. They had finally got the hit detection / registration to work decently enough. Not perfect, but good enough. I'd rather have them revert to the older mechanics and just bring the new content and supposed bug fixes over.

I don't think DMRs work like that. I know they don't.

I agree that sniper rifles shouldn't be nerfed but don't spout bs like that.

My soldier is Haemato if you feel some pressing need to see if I might know what I'm talking about.

I know for a fact DMRs work like that. I put the red dot on the scope glare, click, headshot.

Anyone try FLIR for the vehicles? Everything looks like a smudge. Still a bit helpful at a distance, but not nearly as useful as it was before.

I know for a fact DMRs work like that. I put the red dot on the scope glare, click, headshot.
You are implying that occurs with every DMR, with every Red Dot Sight, and that it is inherent to the game.

As someone who has mastery 500+ kills ON EVERY SINGLE DMR, that is not true. I'm not saying there aren't exceptions to the rule, but the way you said it simply isn't correct. Please feel free to look up my soldier name if you doubt my record. It is the same as my handle here: CaptNumbNutz

The following possibilities may be occuring.

1. That's a bug, and even then it only occurs with certain DMR's and certain red dot scopes. It most certainly does not occur on every single DMR and every red dot scope. I have mastery on every DMR, and have used the Coyote and Cobra RDS on most of them. I have never seen that behavior.
Admittedly, my mastery levels on all DMR's were attained later half of 2014 and early 2015, so patches could have changed this if it used to occur. I have not used a DMR since yesterday's patch, but from your verbaige you are implying this has been occuring for a while.

-or-

2. You have a very poor judgement of distance. You won't be able to put a red dot sight on sniper glint at 1000 yards as the red dot sight itself would be bigger than the glint. That dot is so big at that point that a single pixel at 1x could be the difference between hitting their head or their feet.
Even then the glint doesn't appear after a certain distance. I've seen many times snipers camping in the Russian spawn on Hangar 21 where the glint didn't even appear unless I used a 3.4x or 4x minimum scope on my DMR to spot them. I know this because Hangar 21 was my favorite DMR map and I got 90+ kills in one round using an SVD-12 (angled grip, heavy barrel, 3.4x scope, TDD) just hanging around C and D flags. With that setup, the bullets did have a decently flat trajectory for around 200 meters. There was still bullet drop when firing level, e.g. between C and D flags and I had to fire just slightly above their heads.

-or-

3. You are firing down hill, in which case the elevation change is changing quicker than the bullet drop, leading to a near flat trajectory. This situation would occur firing from the mountain or hangar on Hangar 21 map (near A and B flags) towards any other outside flags (C, D, E, F). The likelihood of you hitting a 1000meter headshot with a red dot sight in that scenarios is still insanely low and would be more luck than what you are implying due to the scenario laid out in point #2.

-or-

4. You are using some cheat or hack such as an aimbot. To be honest, I believe this is the least likely scenario in your case all though it does produce the result you are suggesting.

-or-

5. You are simply making this up. I would like to give you the benefit of the doubt and say it is point #1 above, but with my 50+ hours usage of the DMR's and mastery level experience on all of them, I'm leaning towards the other possibilities. Please feel free to dispute anything I have said with evidence such as screenshots or video clips, even if they aren't yours.

Last edited:
The game was really decent prior to this patch. Now I just can't....damn tracers and other weird changes just piss me off.

The game was really decent prior to this patch. Now I just can't....damn tracers and other weird changes just piss me off.

Ya. I get that feeling. There are some oddball changes this patch. Nothing yet that makes me want to quit playing. I've been adapting as I always have been.

Was kind of hoping the 120hz tickrate would be in this update as it is in the CTE. Maybe next patch, though meanwhile Battlefront gets ever closer.

I don't know which is funnier: the fact that you didn't know this, or the fact that your ignorance of this fact makes you act like you are superior to everyone else.

OHHHOhoohhhohohhh lookout threadstarter must defend the thread! I did stuff like get all 100+ attack heli service stars flying only as pilot for random pubs way before any nerfs or buffs while the rest of the crybabies were raging about it being too hard. So yes I am superior to everyone else. Also I am proud to admit I have a 5 year ban from the EA BF4 forums that expires 2020. I cannot wait!~

Was kind of hoping the 120hz tickrate would be in this update as it is in the CTE. Maybe next patch, though meanwhile Battlefront gets ever closer.

You seriously have a realistic expectation that they won't fuck it up baaaaaad? :rolleyes:

OHHHOhoohhhohohhh lookout threadstarter must defend the thread! I did stuff like get all 100+ attack heli service stars flying only as pilot for random pubs way before any nerfs or buffs while the rest of the crybabies were raging about it being too hard. So yes I am superior to everyone else. Also I am proud to admit I have a 5 year ban from the EA BF4 forums that expires 2020. I cannot wait!~

I made zero mention of your in-game achievements, so I'm not sure how your in-game superiority has any relevance to your inferior trolling capability.

Congrats on that 5 year ban though. That is impressive. I'm sure it took a lot of effort to piss off the overly sensitive EA moderators.

image.jpg

You seriously have a realistic expectation that they won't fuck it up baaaaaad? :rolleyes:

As much as I would love a 120hz tick rate, I don't have much confidence in their ability to implement it either. They are so far into the game's lifecycle it would be almost pointless to implement now in the actual game. That being said, there might be some merit for them to use it in CTE, if only for the sake of ironing out the bugs so it can be implemented in future titles using the same game engine.

As much as I would love a 120hz tick rate, I don't have much confidence in their ability to implement it either. They are so far into the game's lifecycle it would be almost pointless to implement now in the actual game. That being said, there might be some merit for them to use it in CTE, if only for the sake of ironing out the bugs so it can be implemented in future titles using the same game engine.

Exactly. What we see in the CTE will make it's way into future titles like Battlefront. :)

Anyone know the cheapest place to get the game now and maybe the dlc packs if I need them? Or would the base game be good enough? Thanks.

G2A has some deals usually on it. @Loading.

Only thing they need to fix with mortars is that you should not be able to hide in spawn or in a unrealistic place like 2ft away from the back side of a building.

4. You are using some cheat or hack such as an aimbot. To be honest, I believe this is the least likely scenario in your case all though it does produce the result you are suggesting.

-or-

5. You are simply making this up. I would like to give you the benefit of the doubt and say it is point #1 above, but with my 50+ hours usage of the DMR's and mastery level experience on all of them, I'm leaning towards the other possibilities. Please feel free to dispute anything I have said with evidence such as screenshots or video clips, even if they aren't yours.

Wow this really offended you...not sure why it's so controversial. Perhaps 1,000 yards as a stretch. But a recent example was on Lancang Dam rush. I was defending standing on the same height as B, and approximately 20 yards in front of it. Saw scope glint coming from someone sniping out of their spawn - lined it up and clicked once, twice, kill, marksmen award. This is also on hardcore, so less bullets are required, but that does not change the bullet drop (or lack thereof).

Perhaps it doesn't work that way for all what, 8 DMRs? I know it works that way on multiple, which is, TO ME, ridiculous it can happen at all.

Feel free to personally attack me in a page long post again...

I made zero mention of your in-game achievements, so I'm not sure how your in-game superiority has any relevance to your inferior trolling capability.

Congrats on that 5 year ban though. That is impressive. I'm sure it took a lot of effort to piss off the overly sensitive EA moderators.

Also before that, on the BF3 forums I got a guy angry enough to message me his home address and threatening me to a fight, so I posted a thread on those forums with his address along with the google maps picture of his house telling people to send him random garbage- That got me a 2 year ban for that, so I think my trolling capability is somewhat decent. :eek:

Yeah I agree he's getting out of control...and he insulted my trolling abilities also. :(

To the original patch notes...tracers on everything is ridiculous. I've already seen teams being flanked point-blank by people using non-suppressed weapons and they're so unaware they don't even turn around. What is this, a flashing beacon to tell everyone otherwise?

I don't know. I play Rush exclusively, and it's hard enough as offense on most maps as it is with the lack of cover. Now you're just announcing your position even more so in the offchance you get in a good position to plant.

To the original patch notes...tracers on everything is ridiculous. I've already seen teams being flanked point-blank by people using non-suppressed weapons and they're so unaware they don't even turn around. What is this, a flashing beacon to tell everyone otherwise?

I don't know. I play Rush exclusively, and it's hard enough as offense on most maps as it is with the lack of cover. Now you're just announcing your position even more so in the offchance you get in a good position to plant.

Yeah, the tracers are absurd. I don't know why they thought they needed to add this "feature"

Wow this really offended you...not sure why it's so controversial. Perhaps 1,000 yards as a stretch. But a recent example was on Lancang Dam rush. I was defending standing on the same height as B, and approximately 20 yards in front of it. Saw scope glint coming from someone sniping out of their spawn - lined it up and clicked once, twice, kill, marksmen award. This is also on hardcore, so less bullets are required, but that does not change the bullet drop (or lack thereof).

Perhaps it doesn't work that way for all what, 8 DMRs? I know it works that way on multiple, which is, TO ME, ridiculous it can happen at all.

It didn't offend me and it wasn't meant as a personal attack. I wasn't specifically accusing you of using an aimbot, just listed those as other possible options. Hacks are usually the last possible cause since anyone hacking usually isn't dumb enough to give details of their hack to begin with. ;) The scenario you gave initially didn't have details. When you start saying "I know for fact" then don't present any facts or details, it makes it difficult to understand.;)

Now that you have presented some details, it starts making more sense, especially now that you said this was in Hardcore. I can be reasonable. I also apologize if my wealth of information and wording came across as an attack. :cool:

You got anymore details? Gun, attachments, which red dot, etc.? I want to go try it myself. I must have missed the loadout combo you are mentioning when I went through the DMR's. If I'm understanding your scenario, you are mentioning where B flag is in 64 conquest (warehouse) and firing into RU spawn on left side of map where the rush mode begins. That is around 400-500 meters. I will also try a sniper rifle with the range finder to get a more accurate range. If I were in that situation, the M39 or SVD with a heavy barrel, angled grip, and 3.4x scope would be my weapon of choice.

As crazy as it sounds based on my own experience, your scenario is still plausible. I also agree that the fact it can happen at all is ridiculous.

It didn't offend me and it wasn't meant as a personal attack. I wasn't specifically accusing you of using an aimbot, just listed those as other possible options. Hacks are usually the last possible cause since anyone hacking usually isn't dumb enough to give details of their hack to begin with. ;) The scenario you gave initially didn't have details. When you start saying "I know for fact" then don't present any facts or details, it makes it difficult to understand.;)

Now that you have presented some details, it starts making more sense, especially now that you said this was in Hardcore. I can be reasonable. I also apologize if my wealth of information and wording came across as an attack. :cool:

You got anymore details? Gun, attachments, which red dot, etc.? I want to go try it myself. I must have missed the loadout combo you are mentioning when I went through the DMR's. If I'm understanding your scenario, you are mentioning where B flag is in 64 conquest (warehouse) and firing into RU spawn on left side of map where the rush mode begins. That is around 400-500 meters. I will also try a sniper rifle with the range finder to get a more accurate range. If I were in that situation, the M39 or SVD with a heavy barrel, angled grip, and 3.4x scope would be my weapon of choice.

As crazy as it sounds based on my own experience, your scenario is still plausible. I also agree that the fact it can happen at all is ridiculous.

DMRs don't have perfect ADS accuracy and that starts to matter at 4-500 meters. Getting a headshot with a RDS at that distance by "clicking on the scope glint" is pure luck. I also have Mastery tags on all the DMRs - Twisted is extrapolating a lucky shot into a supposed game mechanic.

That said, I'll try it out tonight because I guess bugs are possible.

DMRs don't have perfect ADS accuracy and that starts to matter at 4-500 meters. Getting a headshot with a RDS at that distance by "clicking on the scope glint" is pure luck. I also have Mastery tags on all the DMRs - Twisted is extrapolating a lucky shot into a supposed game mechanic.

I just remembered.. On that map, B flag to RU spawn is downhill, unless the enemy in question is on the mountainside. I made mention before that could be part of the apparent lack of bullet drop.

Appreciate the followup NumbNutz ;)

Don't know about a lucky shot. I honestly didn't try it much before, thinking it would be useless. But in the past week or so, if I see scope glint, I've had very good success with this method.

Worked with multiple DMRs, most recently SVD I believe. Almost all of my loadouts are the same, unless I swap to a silencer or a 3-4x scope for longer range.

Reflex
No laser/light/whatever
Heavy barrel
Angled grip

You're right, perhaps at that range is where drop starts to matter. But I argue the game, as is, long range sniping is vastly underpowered. It's much easier to spam an LMG, DMR, assault rifle and hit at that range, or at least get suppression going so that it's impossible with a 7x+ scope. IMO. ;)

I just remembered.. On that map, B flag to RU spawn is downhill, unless the enemy in question is on the mountainside. I made mention before that could be part of the apparent lack of bullet drop.

Well the actual B is water level, while the spawn is up a small embankment, perhaps 10-20 meters tall.

So what do you guys recommend for assault rifles? I just can't seem to find one I really like. ACE23 feels like it takes way too long to kill, AN-94 is OK but absolute trash in close-mid range. (long range isn't even relevant to be honest since you'll get rekt by an LMG or DMR/Sniper most of the time and the damage isn't there). What really bothers me is the idiotic way to unlock stuff in this game through the battlepacks, it's just stupid that I have to play the lottery if I want to get a scope on certain guns.

What really bothers me is the idiotic way to unlock stuff in this game through the battlepacks, it's just stupid that I have to play the lottery if I want to get a scope on certain guns.

Just do what EA/DICE intended....keep buying battlepacks with real world money until you get what you want :D

So what do you guys recommend for assault rifles? I just can't seem to find one I really like. ACE23 feels like it takes way too long to kill, AN-94 is OK but absolute trash in close-mid range. (long range isn't even relevant to be honest since you'll get rekt by an LMG or DMR/Sniper most of the time and the damage isn't there). What really bothers me is the idiotic way to unlock stuff in this game through the battlepacks, it's just stupid that I have to play the lottery if I want to get a scope on certain guns.

Always felt like the M416 was easy mode.

I've just pretty much given up on longer range engagements unless I'm using an LMG. Still feels like the game is awkward in movement/gun handling at times though.

Back