Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

Looks like a big patch tomorrow. No patch notes yet but this one should include lots more HUD/reticle customization options, the stupid SRAW nerf, AEK and ACE23 buffs, and a massive helo buff that makes the attack choppa just like a little bird.

CTE much?

I've got many hours in it. What about it? The AH got some increased turning speed. Far cry from calling it "just like a little bird". So I'm not sure what your point was.

I've got many hours in it. What about it? The AH got some increased turning speed. Far cry from calling it "just like a little bird". So I'm not sure what your point was.

Salty.

The AH can now do loops and that's just the start. Ascend/descend rate is also far higher. Nerf the SRAW (best skill based helo counter) and buff AH maneuverability and we're back at BF:Vs flying tanks.

Supposedly a big improvement in netcode with today's patch, esp when ADS with a new high-freq cone covering your FOV. This is great news for sniping as well.

I was dead wrong about the SRAW and other gun "fixes." Looks like none of them were added and the UCAV is untouched (yay)!

Pastebin link to today's patch notes: http://pastebin.com/semYk4tZ

Salty.

The AH can now do loops and that's just the start. Ascend/descend rate is also far higher. Nerf the SRAW (best skill based helo counter) and buff AH maneuverability and we're back at BF:Vs flying tanks.

Uh Huh. Except the ascend/descend rate is actually slower post patch, and of course no SRAW nerf (a good thing since it is relatively skill based compared to the EZmode lockon tubes) . So much for the sky-is-falling just because the Heli turns faster now.

Supposedly a big improvement in netcode with today's patch, esp when ADS with a new high-freq cone covering your FOV. This is great news for sniping as well.

I was dead wrong about the SRAW and other gun "fixes." Looks like none of them were added and the UCAV is untouched (yay)!

Pastebin link to today's patch notes: http://pastebin.com/semYk4tZ

Uh oh...

PC - Several AMD Mantle optimizations

Eager to see what this breaks this time around... :)

Use OBS with VCE @35000 bit rate. Set BF4 to Borderless and use monitor capture. :)

Why are people still putting resources into VCE? VCE is not very good (hence the reason you have to use such a high bitrate, to compensate).

People should be developing for "AMD APP!" to leverage the GPU 'compute' architecture, for video capture. Bandicam does this and it is the best quality video capture I have used. Best visual fidelity (in H.264) and results in the smoothest playing captured video. and for most games, the framerate hit is non-existent or negligible, because most games don't use GPU 'compute'. So there's little or no competition for GPU resources.

I'd like to believe that is possible, but I just played BF4 for a bit. Shot someone in the head. They recoiled from the shot, and then killed me. They had 100 health according to the kill cam. I clearly shot him, or even if I didn't, someone did. Yet they took zero damage even though their avatar recoiled from the hit. Whatever technical terms they might through around the issues still exist from BF3/4.

I really wish someone would make an RO1 clone. I miss shooting someone and having them go down when hit. Or at least if you hit them in the leg/arm it was damn clear, and their limping/bleeding effect was accurate to the hit location. It is sad that newer games with bigger budgets, including RO2, can't get the basics right.

I really wish someone would make an RO1 clone. I miss shooting someone and having them go down when hit. Or at least if you hit them in the leg/arm it was damn clear, and their limping/bleeding effect was accurate to the hit location. It is sad that newer games with bigger budgets, including RO2, can't get the basics right.

Immersion Overhaul Mutator plays better than RO1, zero ADS zoom - realistic movement ( moving through snow hills and stairs and make you feel like a gunning turtle ) - very immersive sniper scope mechanics - lots of new uniforms - molotovs etc

1.15 is coming soon, it will feature capes with dynamic cloth physics - rifle bayonets that can be removed on the fly - new anti-tank rifles - body armor that should be able to protect you from small caliber rounds at medium range and more !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OzhcC9KCuc ( 1:52 - watch me go down and grin like joker :p )

if only bugfield games were moddable like back in the BF2/BF2142 days .....

This patch was a huge step backwards for me. More hit reg issues, more crashing, etc. Finally decided to free up some SSD real estate and uninstall it.

This patch was a huge step backwards for me. More hit reg issues, more crashing, etc.

Same here.

The game hasn't crashed while playing but when I go to quit, the game lags out then I get a crash error message after the game closes out.

And hit reg is worse now. A couple of guns I used to do really well with are now practically shooting blanks and the glitch where enemy vehicles don't take damage from rockets is way worse.

Patch is excellent, reticle modification makes sights other then the Kobra more usable.
Tracers helps predict spread pattern, making it more like CS:GO i'm getting so fucking good with tapfire LMG's. Netcode is improved

Decoupling makes every single vehicle a dream, TV missiles are quite lethal, aka choppers are madddd :p

A+++++ patch

Just bought the premium, do you guys think that most people will abandon this game for hardline?

Just bought the premium, do you guys think that most people will abandon this game for hardline?

At least some will, yes. The community will be split in two, with some BF4 players going to Hardline, and Hardline getting new players, while the core of the BF4 community remains.

DICE LA's patches are going a long way towards keeping the BF4 community together, and may actually result in the return of players who left months ago. Last week's patch was a big step forward. There's another one already planned.

so did this latest update remove mantle from BF4 or something ?

i do not see it in video options any more

Is there some other game people are playing these days? Over the past couple of weeks, I haven't been finding many populated BF4 servers. Most of the ones with people in them are 64-man servers which I hate. All others are pretty much empty. Where is everyone?

The game is winding down. Hardline will reduce the player pop even more. Still, you can get a good game. Just not on a 32 man. Not very often at least. Try section 8 server. It is 48 and has some skilled players doing squad tactics.

This patch was a huge step backwards for me. More hit reg issues, more crashing, etc. Finally decided to free up some SSD real estate and uninstall it.

Lol don't let the door hit ya.

Patch has been great and the game plays smoother.

Umm there are tons of people still playing this game. Check your server filter settings.

35,555 peak the last 24hrs -- that's a lot of 32man/64man servers.

http://bf4stats.com/

It might be the modes.

I am finding the same thing with domination. There don't seem to be a ton of domination servers anymore or they are running the maps I can't stand anymore. I mixed in Rush again just to find some decent matches otherwise the servers were half empty.

It might be the modes.

I am finding the same thing with domination. There don't seem to be a ton of domination servers anymore or they are running the maps I can't stand anymore. I mixed in Rush again just to find some decent matches otherwise the servers were half empty.

This. Hard to find Domination and Conquest/Conquest Large, Carrier Assault/Large. Of course, I only would play on American/Canadian servers. 200-300 ping is just too much for this type of game.

This. Hard to find Domination and Conquest/Conquest Large, Carrier Assault/Large. Of course, I only would play on American/Canadian servers. 200-300 ping is just too much for this type of game.

I just looked for Conquest and conquest large and found ~40 almost all full in NA.

Check your server filter settings.. Google it. Most people have their settings fucked up.

I just looked for Conquest and conquest large and found ~40 almost all full in NA.

Check your server filter settings.. Google it. Most people have their settings fucked up.

Exactly. Some people forget about clearing the "Not full" filter choice in the web browser. I know I used to. At peak play times, you just can't avoid sitting in queues. As time goes on and the number of servers dwindles, the filter settings will have to become increasingly broad to not filter out certain servers. I also have found sometimes that the browser will only find certain game modes when the server is actually playing that game mode on that round at the time you are searching. This makes it difficult sometimes to find mixed mode servers.

What I'm finding is there are several key servers that are extremely popular and sometimes the low pop servers just never get filled. All the other game modes besides CQ, Rush, and TDM just have very little popularity and are fading. As is the trend, fewer noobs are using the "play now" to connect to official servers where team balance, team scramble, and cheat detection are utter shit (admins can't kick or ban on official and instead rely on PB/Fairfight) and they are seeking out ranked, unofficial servers where 3rd party plugins and Admins make these aspects of the game tolerable. To be fair, the 3rd party plugins aren't always the best and sometimes screw up, but they are a million times better than playing on Official servers where there was jack shit for the longest time making them havens for trolls and hackers.

Last edited:
Back