Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

I can't even process the luck involved in that shot. Even for you, that's nuts.

Not going to say there wasn't any luck but, when i changed target to the littlebird i could see the missile so i knew i needed to adjust its flight path and which direction i needed to pull it.

The video does not do it as much justice tho because it captures it at 30fps vs the 100+fps i play at the 30fps capture cap makes it a lot harder to see the missile for the second or so needed to make the call where to pull it the capture card also captures a lot of annoying screen tearing because of cloning the display.

Nitro was not helping me either he doesn't give a shit if i am shooting off the side of his chopper and refuses to hold the damn thing steady or at least keep me facing the right way, it was pure luck he had me facing the right way. Since most of the time when i shoot he just spins the chopper so my shot has no chance of hitting because i hit the edge of the viewing angle on the chopper. Atleast on that one i had enough control long enough there was a chance for it to hit.

I never die behind cover since I am not a pussy taking pot shots at people whilst sitting n cover. Thank God for m320 for those cover seeking consolitus ridden players.

I never die behind cover since I am not a pussy taking pot shots at people whilst sitting n cover. Thank God for m320 for those cover seeking consolitus ridden players.

not only am i not hiding behind cover, but i'm continually chopping lumber and eating beef jerky and stroking my mustache while playing BF4.

What about Sniper pulling off headshots after you shoot a half clip at/in them?
Their scope should shake so much the shot will miss every time.

But no, they pull of steady shots with multiple people shooting at them.
A one hit kill weapon should have more of a penalty to use.

What about Sniper pulling off headshots after you shoot a half clip at/in them?
Their scope should shake so much the shot will miss every time.

But no, they pull of steady shots with multiple people shooting at them.
A one hit kill weapon should have more of a penalty to use.

yeah that can be aggravating. it's not registering on the sniper's end that they're even being shot (hence no flinch on their part when aiming). from their perspective they've acquired target and fired before the enemy even got a shot off.

Well, as someone who has spent almost every hour I played in BF3 or 4 as a sniper, I almost always lose those 'battles.' Guess I'm just not that good, and my play time has gone down. :(

I never try to go head on against any other class except sniper. I lose probably 95% of the time. Sniper v sniper? Oh, yea, love those matches. ;)

[Spoiler alert]

This game has been out for a long time now, so I'm not going to put this behind full spoiler tags. But finally fixed my computer and wanted to play the SP of BF4.

Ok so, the SP in BF3 wasn't a masterpiece, but it was pretty good IMO. There were some good set pieces, the sniping levels, etc. And it made sense.

Just played through all of BF4 and...wtf? Keep living through the most bullshit of insanity, surviving a dam blowing up on top of me? I keep blacking out, waking up days later and...what? We were in desolate mountains in the snow, I black out, 2 days later and...we're in a jeep, in Russia and...why is there a huge American outpost there? Why is Russia attacking it? Why is ANY of this happening? No good tank/vehicle set pieces like in BF3...just a huge, huge disappointment. Wow. Not to mention, random jail cell where the guy, 3 seconds after I wake up, goes into hulk mode and destroys an entire concrete wall by himself. Makes no goddamn sense. And not a single helicopter or jet scene? I am dissapoint, Dice.

Last edited:
Yeah, didn't like the BF4 campaign either, I'm glad I picked easy skill level and just breezed through. I know BF is made for MP but they're could've put a little more effort into the story, especially if you need to play SP to unlock certain weapons in MP. Only reason I bothered was because I wanted the m249 SAW.

BF3 SP was much more fun, I liked the tanker mission and especially the F/A-18 WSO mission into Tehran.

[Spoiler alert]

This game has been out for a long time now, so I'm not going to put this behind full spoiler tags. But finally fixed my computer and wanted to play the SP of BF4.

Ok so, the SP in BF3 wasn't a masterpiece, but it was pretty good IMO. There were some good set pieces, the sniping levels, etc. And it made sense.

Just played through all of BF4 and...wtf? Keep living through the most bullshit of insanity, surviving a dam blowing up on top of me? I keep blacking out, waking up days later and...what? We were in desolate mountains in the snow, I black out, 2 days later and...we're in a jeep, in Russia and...why is there a huge American outpost there? Why is Russia attacking it? Why is ANY of this happening? No good tank/vehicle set pieces like in BF3...just a huge, huge disappointment. Wow. Not to mention, random jail cell where the guy, 3 seconds after I wake up, goes into hulk mode and destroys an entire concrete wall by himself. Makes no goddamn sense. And not a single helicopter or jet scene? I am dissapoint, Dice.
If you think that is bad, wait till you get to the ending. You will have to play it 3 different times with a different choice each time to get a different unlock.

Choose 1 guy, you get a set of tags and a gun for MP.
Choose other guy, you get a diff set of tags.
Don't choose at all, you get 3rd set of tags.

Not to mention, It's some huge setpiece where you are blowing up a hole in the ship to sink it with some special bomb. You set the bomb, and rather than drive away in your RHIB boat, you use special grappling hooks to get away from the blast by hooking onto the bridge the boat is sailing under. Suddenly the detonator doesn't work and someone has to drop down and blow it manually. WTF were the grappling hooks for again?

Not to mention, It's some huge setpiece where you are blowing up a hole in the ship to sink it with some special bomb. You set the bomb, and rather than drive away in your RHIB boat, you use special grappling hooks to get away from the blast by hooking onto the bridge the boat is sailing under. Suddenly the detonator doesn't work and someone has to drop down and blow it manually. WTF were the grappling hooks for again?

Yeah, that was one of those forehead-smacking moments.

SP was awful. Everything on the ship.
Nothing showing a operation within China.

Go rescue someone and get to the boat. Weak.

So even with all the fixes BF4 is still a joke competitively...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=874811&highlight=esl

Hilariously reminds me of this post from zh1ntr0ll

eNjCAUW.png

Wait, you have to play SP to unlock weapons for MP? Wow, modern FPS really are shit.

ok so i almost never crashed in this game since launch, have not really played since june, BEEN BUSY and it's SUMMER ! finally have some time and time off and like 6 crashes in last 3 days..

anything obvious change here recently? anything I should know, last time I had to disable in game origin support....

Wait, you have to play SP to unlock weapons for MP? Wow, modern FPS really are shit.

No. You unlock a couple of pistols and an LMG or two by playing SP, nothing you can't live without. Weapon unlocks in MP are accomplished by using other weapons in that category to accumulate points.

Learn about something before you complain. Keep those knee jerks down.

No. You unlock a couple of pistols and an LMG or two by playing SP, nothing you can't live without. Weapon unlocks in MP are accomplished by using other weapons in that category to accumulate points.

Learn about something before you complain. Keep those knee jerks down.

Sorry, but that is just as bad. Consolitis galore.

Sorry, but that is just as bad. Consolitis galore.

In what way is that consolitis? I do not think you know what that word means, let alone how console games handle multiplayer. You also do not know anything about BF4 by the looks of it.

Your complaint is invalid because it is based on a false perception. Carry on.

A recent issue came up where my sli setup(670FTW) is only 50% utilized in bf4. CPU(3570K at 4.2) usage is at 100%. I did a clean reinstall of the nvidia drivers and everything was back to being smooth. Graphic card usage was over 90% and cpu usage around 70%. Since then it's reverted back to 50% usage. Any ideas what may be the issue? thanks.

These are the game settings I use posted by another forum member:
1920x1080 @ 120hz
70 FOV
Motion Blur - Off
Depth of Field - Off
Texture Quality - Ultra
Texture Filtering - Ultra
Lighting - Medium
Effects - Low
Post Process Quality - Medium
Mesh Quality - Low
Terrain Quality - Ultra
Terrain Decoration - Low
AA Deferred - 2xMSAA
AA Post - Off
Ambient Occlusion - Off

SP was awful. Everything on the ship.
Nothing showing a operation within China.

Go rescue someone and get to the boat. Weak.

Yeah. And you "rescue" that someone who is about to be killed by the Chinese troops that, eventually, you find out won't kill him anyway as he just shows his face and everything becomes OK. Why couldn't he do that at the hotel. :rolleyes:

If you think that is bad, wait till you get to the ending. You will have to play it 3 different times with a different choice each time to get a different unlock.

Choose 1 guy, you get a set of tags and a gun for MP.
Choose other guy, you get a diff set of tags.
Don't choose at all, you get 3rd set of tags.

Oh I played it through. Made 0 sense, at any point.

comcast works fine for me. been using them for 6 years and haven't had a single hiccup.

Final Stand DLC seems to be something like BF2142. God, i hope not, i want full new 2142 game, not as DLC...

https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/509119550818762752

It most definitely is. Pretty sure that's a Titan being built in the hanger before the doors close. The video clearly shows hover tanks as well. And pod launchers are also confirmed, so it's definitely 2142 themed. We'll see how it turns out, I do agree with you, though, I also want a full 2142 game. I doubt we'll see it anytime soon unfortunately.

You can play the final stand pre-release right now, if you're a part of their cte program (premium users).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqDy6D9DZz8 <-- more footage here.

looks great, looks like it will be 2142-esque. i'm ready for a full sequel to 2142.
Holy shit. I just messed my pants.

BF2142 was my favorite of all time. They got hover tanks, and some other 2142-esque weapons. You can see a Titan being built, and on the "Giants of Karelia" map you see walker mecha's being built.

There are gameplay videos out already...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_wMzdCYe_Q

Lock On sniper rifle. Thats noob tastic, and not in a good way. Hopefully it is just a limited super weapon like the M32 Grenade Launcher, USAS-12, and AMR rifle only available in certain areas.

I see we finally get to see how that flying drone hinted at in earlier vids behaves. So far, it doesn't look like much of a threat, especially if the RAWR from Dragon's Teeth DLC is any indication. It can probably be shot down with any missile out there, and is likely a bigger target than the MAV.

Then there are the new "Shotgun" stationary emplacements. No lock on, but they appear effective against the Little Bird menace especially when they get OP with a pair of engineers and plenty of ECM to run away from missiles. Looks like he shot a half dozen shots and took out both engi's and the pilot. I'm sure it will be a great counter to that new drone also.

You can play the final stand pre-release right now, if you're a part of their cte program (premium users).

I know what I'm doing when I get home.

I am so glad they are putting in CTE before even doing the early release to Premium or console users. That's what CTE is for, Community Testing Environment. Let the Die Hards test it and work the kinks out before they drop it on the idiot masses.

Fuck yes. I might not sleep tonight.

Getting this when I load the map. Repair install, update, reboot...nothing has worked yet.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: bf4cte.exe
Application Version: 1.0.2.13217
Application Timestamp: 540e0bd7
Fault Module Name: MSVCR110.dll
Fault Module Version: 11.0.51106.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 5098826e
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000000003c7f0
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033