Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

Yeah! They probably have way more Battlefield threads than we do! Awesome!!! lolololol

It's insane dude. Honestly, I know there's an official one, a couple platoons, and a "what kind of player and when do you play" post.

At least here on [H] we can kinda keep track of things. OCN eats up at least 4x the amount of time I spend on here.

My only complaint w/ OCN is the color scheme and the site itself. Compared to [H], it's quite slow...and so BRIGHT!

Yick! Whaddya gonna do though. Both sites have good infos.

After unlocking all the regular guns and attachments...I only have sniper rifles, DMRs and shotguns left to do...is it me or slugs pretty much useless?? They feel so underpowered and worthless. :confused:

After unlocking all the regular guns and attachments...I only have sniper rifles, DMRs and shotguns left to do...is it me or slugs pretty much useless?? They feel so underpowered and worthless. :confused:

i think they are pretty worthless but if you have a laser sight and are strafing to the right or left use the laser sight dot as the aim point not your iron sight or red dot from a sight as the laser sight dot is where the bullets go not where your main sight is, the laser sight lags behind your movement if you watch it which really messes up your aim if you planned to aim normally.

that works for other weapons too like sniper rifles, when you parachute down with a sniper rifle that has a red dot coyote sight you can use the laser sight to know where your bullet is going. if you want an example in my Flight of the SUAV video you can see me parachute down and know where the bullets will land.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featu...list=PLsgYHSj0b3ofbzUWox2DbC8LuphFTZ_0S#t=316

that should skip to the right point, i watch the green laser sight not the red dot sight.

it stands out the most to me with single shot weapons like shotguns or sniper rifles

Last edited:
Are there any servers like the old CTU Call of Duty MW 1?

Team kills are active, must use sites (no spray and pray with any weapon), and once you are dead you are done for the match.

The game you are looking for is called Counterstrike.

Holy shit. Granted, they actually had to add it in with the DLC and it wasn't in the original game like rumored, but someone at DICE is listening and desperately trying to please fans.

... but someone at DICE is listening and desperately trying to please fans.

I'm glad they listened to the two people desperately clamoring for more 3-second giant shark-spotting moments in their FPS game.

I mean, really, deep down isn't that what every BF fan wants?

At least they waited until they resolved all the issues with the game.

*face palm*

I'm glad they listened to the two people desperately clamoring for more 3-second giant shark-spotting moments in their FPS game.

I mean, really, deep down isn't that what every BF fan wants?

At least they waited until they resolved all the issues with the game.

*face palm*

I said "someone". I wasn't praising all of DICE because they are having huge fuckups. Someone over there listened to a few fans. Someone over there is trying. That someone does not excuse the management and rest of the programming team. This probably got snuck in by one programmer as a labor of love, its doubtful it took the whole programming team who were busy fucking up other projects to program one god damn shark. If it had been a whole programming team, I wouldn't expect the shark easter egg to work at all as the rest of the game looks like it was designed by committee.

So re-read my post and realize I'm trying to point out a small ray of sunshine coming out of the shitstorm that is DICE.:cool:

haha that's fantastic. must try this tonight.

heh i knew it was a long shot to try and accomplish this on a public server. as expected the buoy is just a place for people to farm kills now. i figured there would be more of us nerds wanting to try this.

heh i knew it was a long shot to try and accomplish this on a public server. as expected the buoy is just a place for people to farm kills now. i figured there would be more of us nerds wanting to try this.

ha finally got a group to work at it on a public server. ended up triggering it 3 times. good juvenile fun.

its a common camp place, right by the elevators, and you can hear them getting revived up there, and their red triangles on the map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEL6tTmClqQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=143

I don't buy it, man.

And even if you aren't a hack, it's embarrassing watching a man suck his own cock so much.

everyone loves a good show -- I think its hilarious. And you know if there was some show where a guy sucks his own junk, it would be like a train wreck, you'd keep watching.

It's hilarious watching all these people whine when you are posting videos of your gameplay 100% legit.

To wildace: I'm pretty sure I have (or had) you on my BF4 friends list -- my current gamer tag on there is "SoapyBonar" (yeah I know)

It's fairly common to post videos these days. Hell, some people make a living doing so. No need for the insult. Not like he's screaming, " I OWNSORS!!!" during the video.

To wildace: I'm pretty sure I have (or had) you on my BF4 friends list -- my current gamer tag on there is "SoapyBonar" (yeah I know)

chances are you got cleaned off my friends list not because i didn't like you on it but i likely didn't recognize who you were and origin is pretty lame with a 100 friend limit so i frequently have to purge it of a few people at a time to make room when someone actively wants to play ect.

Ace,

I owe you a public apology for several reasons.

1)innocent until proven guilty should mean something.
2)my accusations lacked evidence
3) Mom did teach me to stfu during those key times I have nothing nice to say. /even if I temporarily forgot it

In short, my actions were deplorable, utterly rude, and I apologize. I guess it doesn't mean much at this stage of the game, but I wanted to say it

Last edited:
appreciate it,

but it didn't bother me any. i see comments like that a lot when playing so no worries.

Ace,

I owe you a public apology for several reasons.

1)innocent until proven guilty should mean something.
2)my accusations lacked evidence
3) Mom did teach me to stfu during those key times I have nothing nice to say. /even if I temporarily forgot it

In short, my actions were deplorable, utterly rude, and I apologize. I guess it doesn't mean much at this stage of the game, but I wanted to say it

Nice. It takes a lot to publicly apologize like that.

It takes a big man to apologize on the internet. And it takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

Start 13:30-16:35

Simply put...DICE let consoles hold back battlefield again due to limitations of the tick rate and bandwidth use put in place by MS and Sony. DICE copy pasted the netcode over to PC that doesn't have the same limitations that MS and Sony put in place for the consoles. The blame doesn't lay squarely on MS and Sony though, other games do just fine within these limitations. Its just that the way DICE has it programmed now, the game could benefit from opening the bandwidth pipes a little bit. In other words, DICE is not only trying to do too much with what little they are given but they are doing so in a very inefficient manner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annot...&feature=iv&src_vid=W1s-a3dV5Oc&v=1gt_VX49dxk

Really good explanation of WTF is going wrong with BF4's netcode. 8:55 in gets really scathing towards DICE, and also explains why we can never hope to have anything better than what BF3 was with BF4. The whole game is built around these numbers and the tick rates. In other words, its broken from the ground up.

Honestly, BF4 is so fucking terrible right now that sadly most of the community would be happy with BF3 performance.

appreciate it,

but it didn't bother me any. i see comments like that a lot when playing so no worries.

Come on, admit it, your a damn dirty hacker :p

So, Naval Strike maps are a treat and a half...Carrier Assualt is extra special when when other team starts farming defenders.

Honestly, BF4 is so fucking terrible right now that sadly most of the community would be happy with BF3 performance.

It's true.

That being said I started playing again with a buddy to complete the Phantom assignments while goofing off and not taking it too seriously. It's been really enjoyable in that state of mind. When I get frustrated about not getting a kill or something I'll do something like take a hover craft and try to run over as many people as I can. It's good times!

Here is the most recent Battle(non)sense video. This game is so absurd.

Last edited:
Back