Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

the latest server patch makes it so you can no longer equip AA mines and a launcher, of any kind.

the latest server patch makes it so you can no longer equip AA mines and a launcher, of any kind.

aha, I like how they just threw their hands up and opted to make it useless.

and honestly for good reason, thing is dumb.

was that server patch live cause someone in my squad was using the SMAW and the aa mines fine tonight.

i still use slams tho so its no issue for me.

or was it specifically stinger/iglas that were locked out with it or something.

i think the change is good tho either way.

Edit-
just uploaded this

Weekend SRAWarrior
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzdgcer9cic

Some of last weekends SRAW kills.

Last edited:
I wish they would just remove 40+ player servers. I constantly join a severer only to sit around 5 minutes waiting for a vehicle to spawn. When it does you are attacked by jets, helicopters, infantry, tanks, all over. Non stop gibberish and shooting. Medics/engineers are worthless because getting out to repair or revive someone is impractical.

That or DICE needs to make some bigger maps... they're pretty small for vehicles as is anyways.

I wish they would just remove 40+ player servers. I constantly join a severer only to sit around 5 minutes waiting for a vehicle to spawn. When it does you are attacked by jets, helicopters, infantry, tanks, all over. Non stop gibberish and shooting. Medics/engineers are worthless because getting out to repair or revive someone is impractical.

That or DICE needs to make some bigger maps... they're pretty small for vehicles as is anyways.

Play Arma 3 then. Medic / Engineer are likely the two strongest classes right now. Not sure what you're on about.

I was playing on Dawnbreaker last night, either they buffed the AC130's health, reduced the lethality of stealth jet cannons, or I experienced some kind of bug, because I made full strafing run after full strafing run at ac130 after ac130 and the only way I could kill it was by running into it. The other stealth jet on my team was working it on it too, as was the maa. The thing was virtually bullet proof, even when I crashed into it I never got any kills.

I did kill it once out of tons of attempts, which is odd, because I can kill it in two or three passes normally.

I did a search and found other similar comments, one of which said they could only get hits to the underside of the 130, not the top or sides.

haha that's funny. I only play on servers with more than 40 people.

You complain so much about this game but still play it?

Find instant vehicle respawn servers. They're generally labeled in the name.

Will they ever release Noshahr Canals for BF4? I love the TDM mode on that map.

I think the Second Assault maps are the only ones from BF3 they're redoing. There were several I'd have rather seen than .. Gulf of Oman.. :mad:

I think the Second Assault maps are the only ones from BF3 they're redoing. There were several I'd have rather seen than .. Gulf of Oman.. :mad:

Your problem is with Gulf of Oman, not Metro or Firestorm? :confused:

Anyway, yeah, no more BF3 maps are coming to BF4. And it was a bad idea to bring BF3 maps to BF4, because they aren't balanced properly for BF4's game modes.

was that server patch live cause someone in my squad was using the SMAW and the aa mines fine tonight.

yeah the patch is live. when i played last night, my loadout was still set at the last one i used: SMAW and AA mines. i could use that load out (even though it showed the SMAW and AA mine in red on the loadout screen) up until i changed my loadout. then the ability to use both was gone. don't know if that makes sense, my brain is fried right now from running pneumatic conveyance calcs all morning.

I was playing on Dawnbreaker last night, either they buffed the AC130's health, reduced the lethality of stealth jet cannons, or I experienced some kind of bug, because I made full strafing run after full strafing run at ac130 after ac130 and the only way I could kill it was by running into it. The other stealth jet on my team was working it on it too, as was the maa. The thing was virtually bullet proof, even when I crashed into it I never got any kills.

I did kill it once out of tons of attempts, which is odd, because I can kill it in two or three passes normally.

I did a search and found other similar comments, one of which said they could only get hits to the underside of the 130, not the top or sides.
I am fairly certain its yet another bug since it only happens to me occasionally and not every single round.

You complain so much about this game but still play it?

Find instant vehicle respawn servers. They're generally labeled in the name.

If I could get full price back for my GTX670 + 4670K + motherboard + RAM I'd be happy. Games just suck these days. But I know that isn't an option.

But, I did get killing by a man stumbling backwards shooting at the floor. And someone shot a 3 shot grenade launcher through a wall and killed me. And I shot someone in the head with an RPG-7, only for them to turn around and kill me. 4 shots into the rear passenger compartment of a BTR. 1 hit disables. The next 3 do nothing. They simply do not register, allowing an enemy MBT to kill me as I hopelessly plink away hoping my rounds start doing damage again in time. Battlefield... amazing what trash passes as entertainment these days.

Fast vehicle respawn won't help with the small maps either. If only the server browser worked and actually filtered servers with over 32 players that would be helpful. Regardless, finding a game on conquest large is a pain in the ass these days. I tend to get 3-4 returns with all maps selected. I guess people are getting pissed with shots not registered and absurd out of sync animations that they are just giving up. Or DICE can't figure out how to make a server browser, even though it is a copy/paste of the one in BF3.

Last edited:
If I could get full price back for my GTX670 + 4670K + motherboard + RAM I'd be happy. Games just suck these days. But I know that isn't an option.

This is not a rational justification for playing a game you hate and continually posting that you hate it.

But, I did get killing by a man stumbling backwards shooting at the floor. And someone shot a 3 shot grenade launcher through a wall and killed me. And I shot someone in the head with an RPG-7, only for them to turn around and kill me. 4 shots into the rear passenger compartment of a BTR. 1 hit disables. The next 3 do nothing. They simply do not register, allowing an enemy MBT to kill me as I hopelessly plink away hoping my rounds start doing damage again in time. Battlefield... amazing what trash passes as entertainment these days.

Fast vehicle respawn won't help with the small maps either. If only the server browser worked and actually filtered servers with over 32 players that would be helpful. Regardless, finding a game on conquest large is a pain in the ass these days. I tend to get 3-4 returns with all maps selected. I guess people are getting pissed with shots not registered and absurd out of sync animations that they are just giving up. Or DICE can't figure out how to make a server browser, even though it is a copy/paste of the one in BF3.

What's your battlelog name? I'd like to check out some of these broken servers.

I really do not experience the same issues as you so I'm thinking its either regional or server specific.

This is not a rational justification for playing a game you hate and continually posting that you hate it.

Poor guy. Here. You ought to just switch over and play ARMA 3. If you love BF4 you're going to probably not like ARMA3 and vice versa. Arma3 gets me going, BF4 was a run around fizzler. No good.

So a game you do not like makes it trash for everyone else? Makes sense.

And instead of not playing said 'trash' game - you rather rant on the forums on how bad it is and yet you still play it? Makes perfect sense.

It doesn't really bother me that Mantle won't even load a map for me, but it is really annoying how the game constantly wants to throw the game into a 1024x windowed resolution thing.

***ripped from Reddit***

BF4 netcode explained in one gif.

6982d71a_ymWGL1R.gif

Oh...all I want for Spring Christmas is a 128 tick rate and server side detection...dododododod...

At least I got to play for a couple hours wo/ crashing the other day. One of the last 2 patches (think the feb 25th) fixed the "sound loop, screen freeze" killing my dreams every 10 minutes.

Back