Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

Fark this game, just wanted to go to the Test Range to fly a bit to relax and practice figure 8 and forgot to turn on my flight stick until half way through loading. As expected the flight stick didn't respond, that is normal for a game (except maybe an xbox controller), just shut down the game and restart and all should be good. Twenty minutes, a lot of frustration and no logical reason other than something from BF4 is staying up in the background, only possible resolution would be to restart, but by this point I'm to annoyed to even bother. I am genuinely starting to hate this game.

I wouldn't say this is particularly insightful. He basically says BF4 does everything better except netcode. It's a roundabout way of complaining about the netcode, which isn't new.

Not really, he's just saying BF4 is a better game in every aspect BUT the netcode. For a stretch you can call that complaining but it appeared to be complimenting the game for the most part.

No one's really done analysis on gun control, loadout etc. He talked a lot about the improvements of BF4 where most videos just complain about the bugs it has.

I liked the video,.

I wouldn't say this is particularly insightful. He basically says BF4 does everything better except netcode. It's a roundabout way of complaining about the netcode, which isn't new.

Not really, he's just saying BF4 is a better game in every aspect BUT the netcode. For a stretch you can call that complaining but it appeared to be complimenting the game for the most part.

No one's really done analysis on gun control, loadout etc. He talked a lot about the improvements of BF4 where most videos just complain about the bugs it has.

I liked the video,.

lol.

I finally got BF4 working (mostly orgin problems, not BF4 issues) and I really enjoy it. I dont know if I will get as much play out of it as BC2, but I still think they did a great job with it. I like how they seperated some of the different parts of the game to make it less of an "if you aren't infantry on this map you are screwed", like having tight building room-to-room warfare in larger maps.

Re: the Perfect Landing assignment

I've had a bunch of 10 kill streaks but they're not showing in the assignment. All the other requirements are met. Anyone else having trouble with this one?

LOL. I guess he read that differently.

Ha, got me. But I was referring and responding to his reference to the guy complaining about netcode. I was trying to defend the video by stating "it's not just a video complaining about netcode".

I can't defend myself better than that, I kinda glanced over his underlined statement and took offense to saying level cap only made the video to bash netcode.

I can't defend myself better than that, I kinda glanced over his underlined statement and took offense to saying level cap only made the video to bash netcode.

I never said he only made the video to bash netcode. Go and read the post in full, just this once.

I said his conclusion is that BF4 is better than BF3 in every area except netcode, which makes the video pretty unremarkable in and of itself. That's the general consensus, after all. It's also somewhat insincere given that he's still playing BF4 as his main form of video game entertainment, and shows no signs of moving to another game. I doubt very much that I'm going to see many South Park: The Stick of Truth videos on his account, for instance.

Great to know Battlefield 4 is still a clusterfuck. The hit detection/netcode/whatever you want to call it is completely broken. Delayed deaths, no sounds for weapons, skipping, enemies disappearing then reappearing, and enemies pointing at the floor yet managing to headshot you (broken animation system). Absolutely amazing. This is worse than garbage quality budget games.

I sincerely hope someone makes a decent shooter in the future and DICE goes out of business like they should have many years ago.

Oh, they're going to release a new DLC and dare call another transport with a machinegun a new vehicle. Yet they can not figure out how to add a player per team count function to the game...

even with the remaining issues i'm having a blast with BF4. different strokes for different folks.

Great to know Battlefield 4 is still a clusterfuck. The hit detection/netcode/whatever you want to call it is completely broken. Delayed deaths, no sounds for weapons, skipping, enemies disappearing then reappearing, and enemies pointing at the floor yet managing to headshot you (broken animation system). Absolutely amazing. This is worse than garbage quality budget games.

I sincerely hope someone makes a decent shooter in the future and DICE goes out of business like they should have many years ago.

Oh, they're going to release a new DLC and dare call another transport with a machinegun a new vehicle. Yet they can not figure out how to add a player per team count function to the game...

Not that I'm excusing them, but if you play on HC a lot of this stuff isn't noticable because there's no hit indicators nor killcam. Out of sight, out of mind ;)

Not that I'm excusing them, but if you play on HC a lot of this stuff isn't noticable because there's no hit indicators nor killcam. Out of sight, out of mind ;)

With the last patch that's true in normal mode too. Not intentional on their part but that is why the game is fun!

Re: the Perfect Landing assignment

I've had a bunch of 10 kill streaks but they're not showing in the assignment. All the other requirements are met. Anyone else having trouble with this one?
Bugs? I did the MTAR assignment and got the gun, and it's telling me to do the assignment again.

ligh tboost or 144 hz? I just tried 144 hz and I kind of like it. Expected a huge difference but it wasnt that bad. I just hate the input lag with lightboost. Strictly just infantry, which one would you guys pick?

That happened to me in my last game

the hit detection is bad. It takes forever just to kill someone. I was playing at 60 hz and the game wasnt fun at all. Impossible to do anything.

I guarantee this guy plays everyday.

The fact that he's still posting in this thread confirms that, yep.

ligh tboost or 144 hz? I just tried 144 hz and I kind of like it. Expected a huge difference but it wasnt that bad. I just hate the input lag with lightboost. Strictly just infantry, which one would you guys pick?

I don't have a high refresh rate or Lightboost monitor, but, input lag with Lightboost? I don't think you're doing that right.

My only issue is the flickering textures visible in >3.4X scopes. Very annoying. It think it has something to do with the floating point math precision for texture visibility. Is there any way to fix it?

I don't have a high refresh rate or Lightboost monitor, but, input lag with Lightboost? I don't think you're doing that right.

thats what I read, but if thats wrong, then theres no question ill use lightboost. I like it a lot more.

That happened to me in my last game

the hit detection is bad. It takes forever just to kill someone. I was playing at 60 hz and the game wasnt fun at all. Impossible to do anything.

This is what angers me the most about this game now...people STILL complaining extensively about netcode/hacking on here and in game chat.

The netcode isn't good, but it's not "unusable". The game is still playable. As I've stated before, I maybe light someone up and have them not die 1/40 times give or take. In between all those times, I have a grand ol' time playing the game.

If anyone's better than you, they're a hacker or it's netcode....

My only question is....there's no reason why one person would suffer or experience worse netcode than another person is there? Becuase if everyone's experience in netcode is equal to mine, you all are a bunch of whining pansies. That's if it's the same, but I do not know. So until then, I won't insult anyone :)

thats what I read, but if thats wrong, then theres no question ill use lightboost. I like it a lot more.

Pretty sure you'll only get input lag if you use v-sync, which defeats the purpose of Lightboost anyway.

This is what angers me the most about this game now...people STILL complaining extensively about netcode/hacking on here and in game chat.

The netcode isn't good, but it's not "unusable". The game is still playable. As I've stated before, I maybe light someone up and have them not die 1/40 times give or take. In between all those times, I have a grand ol' time playing the game.

My only question is....there's no reason why one person would suffer or experience worse netcode than another person is there? Becuase if everyone's experience in netcode is equal to mine, you all are a bunch of whining pansies. That's if it's the same, but I do not know. So until then, I won't insult anyone :)

My experience is similar. I have no trouble dominating the enemy team every round. I very rarely notice netcode or lag issues. My ping is usually < 20ms and I play on servers that kick over 200. I play about 50% solo / 50% squad and almost only infantry..

I'd love to see the battlelog profiles of those who think this game is 'unplayable'.

I mainly used 144 till the other day when I discovered the strobelight app, makes 120 LB so much easier to use and tweak day to day. I been playing that way last couple nights and I like it.

people have become so sensitive to 'hackusations' that the group mentality has changed. last week i accused a guy of cheating. he's the fourth person i've seen in BF4 that i really felt was cheating. in that server one other player agreed with me and a ton of other players went ape shit over 'hackusations'. stuff like "omg get better scrub" and "he kills you = he must be hacking right?" the next day the guy was banned from the server and this week he had his stats reset. i assume he's on his way to being pb banned if he's not already. sometimes you run across a cheater. the overzealous accusers are annoying but the blind defenders are worse in my opinion.

i used to not bother saying anything because i figured there was no point. i've voiced 3 of of the 4 i've suspected. i figure admins can use all the help they can get in keeping their servers clean.

Last edited:
i got called out for having a bot, with the GOL magnum last night lol.

i was like you caught me.. i confess just to throw them a bone and like 10m later they were like those w guys already admitted to hacking! lol couldn't stop laughing at them.

ive only seen a couple hackers my self that were quite blatent too like they would just spray with the LMG and toggle between targets when spectating its kinda funny to watch them toggle targets and still miss 98% of their shots.

Just picked up BF4 a couple days ago, and I had to lol when I played it because there really are a ton of issues with it. I assumed it was just a small group of people overreacting to minor problems, but there are actually a ton, the game really feels unfinished. Sure glad I didn't pay full price.

Back