Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

I'm in the same boat with no crashes and the game runs pretty well on the rig in my sig.

Beyond that, yes, the netcode is still complete shit, but it always has been in BF games.

0 issues for months, and now it's randomly stuttering, lagging and random high ping spikes.
Figured I'd try the Mantle driver now!

The one thing I hate the fucking most:

Being killed by someone with 0% health after I shot them.:mad:

Ok well, I just shoot people and they die and I don't have major issues with doing it. Nor did I really have problems in BF3 / BC2. Some wonky shit happens occasionally but it's always been mostly fine for me.

Amusingly, BF4DB has my stats as solidly above the norm
http://bf4db.com/players/1425366

looked at mine for anything interesting..

http://bf4db.com/players/28119/weapons

go down to the flash bang in my weapon list haha from when i made that trolololing with flash bangs video.

The one thing I hate the fucking most:

Being killed by someone with 0% health after I shot them.:mad:

Its hard to believe people can't train their brain to go "okay, he's not REALLY at 0%, that's just a bug" instead of full ragemode "OMG he shouldve been dead cuz i killed him why iznt he dead"

No, there's no excuse for DICE not fixing it yet, but the outrage is a little baffling if not misplaced energy, all things considered.

It was only a visual glitch anyway.

It dunno if there's any fractional damage still in BF4, but it used to happen in BF3 because you could leave someone with a fraction of a single point of health and it'd get rounded on the killcam.

I'm in the same boat with no crashes and the game runs pretty well on the rig in my sig.

Beyond that, yes, the netcode is still complete shit, but it always has been in BF games.

just got a crash now.
sucks cause i went a very long time with no crashing.

New patch today to supposedly stop the crashing. (I never had any crashing issues.)

I've had a pretty problem free bf4 experience but lately when I get into a game the first spawn seems to take a long time.

It's like I see the map but it's all greyed out then slowly lights up. I used to get inst and SSD type loads so it's kinda odd.

Just curious if anyone else has seen this.

I've had a pretty problem free bf4 experience but lately when I get into a game the first spawn seems to take a long time.

It's like I see the map but it's all greyed out then slowly lights up. I used to get inst and SSD type loads so it's kinda odd.

Just curious if anyone else has seen this.

I have the game installed on a dedicated 60GB OCZ SSD and all of my buddies are halfway across the map before I can spawn the first time. One day I'll replace the SSD with a new one and see if it makes a difference. It was one of the very first SSD drives to come out. I christened it Deadly as it's has a bad reputation with my data. :) Thus it's job is to load BF4.

As of yesterday, I'm unable to play the game. I keep getting: "You were disconnected from EA Online (1)" when trying to connect to any server. I've tried every solution google has to offer, and messed with UPNP and port settings... nada.

Guess I will be taking a break for a while.

For reference...
02/25/2014 01:08PM via BF FORUMS
We've started rolling out a new game update for the PC version of Battlefield 4. Among other items, this update addresses the so called "sound loop crash" that caused the game to freeze. You may experience some downtime while this update is rolling out.

Feb 25 PC Game update notes
-Fix for the so called “sound loop crash” issue that caused the game to freeze
-Fix for an issue that sometimes prevented players from shooting while in the gunner position of a vehicle
-Fix for the headshot icon appearing incorrectly at non-headshot deaths, such as suicide or dying of an explosion
-General stability improvements

Mantle
-General stability and performance improvements
-Fix for an issue that caused the sky/fog to be either too bright or too dark when Mantle was used
-Added on-screen video memory utilization statistics with “Render.DrawScreenInfo”

If anyone is getting a black screen after loading the initial server screens here is a workaround:

Find your user.cfg file in \origin games\battlefield 4 and delete the "UI.DrawEnable 1" line. Save the file, launch BF4 and it should load. It worked for me. Thanks, interwebs!

new amd driver is out. 14.2 beta

servers probably need to be rebooted imo. not sure if they do automatically when a patch rolls out.

new amd driver is out. 14.2 beta

servers probably need to be rebooted imo. not sure if they do automatically when a patch rolls out.

There was a server patch as well rolled out, and it hasn't been this bad in the past. DICE blew it... again. I can't even get commander mode to work. These guys are obviously doing little to no QA before releasing these patches, and plenty of people in the community suggested to them months ago that they do some sort of public beta for patches to get this crap sorted out before everyone gets stuck with it.

As easy as it is to blame EA for having DICE release a game that obviously wasn't read just to beat the latest COD game to market, at this point it's DICE constantly screwing up. For at least half of their patches people have found that there were changes not included in the patch notes. Basic testing for bugs is not happening considering how widespread some of these problems have been(TDM sound missing for weeks). Lame bandaid fixes that make no sense.

DICE claimed they fixed the one shot kill bug, and introduced a headshot icon on the kill screen. Except players were still being one shot killed from 100hp by things that even with the HS multiplier couldn't do enough damage to kill in one shot(assault rifles, pistols, DMRs, etc.), so when people noticed that the headshot icon is simply covering up one shot kills, now they've removed how often the icon appears... great. Oh hey, where was that big balance patch promised for February? Fixes for glitches known for months in maps allowing people to shoot from within walls? Oh nevermind, it's another community mission with a goal that won't be met because too few people are still playing the game. At least the vehicle one was only off by 10% or so, this one is still only 75% done with 20 hours to go on the day of a patch where people can't load the game.

ffs DICE...

I got one shot headed last night and the guy wasn't even close to me to do it.. Not to mention I was behind concrete.

They still haven't addressed Netcode issues either.

14smbr.png

It keeps trying to load BF4 in a tiny window and then it crashes. I went in and tried changing the settings to Borderless, and Fullscreen, but it is still doing this.

Actually, since I changed out my ram and updated my graphics card driver, this game is running pretty smooth now. About bloody time.

I also had the dam crouch but still moving at regular height glitch.

If you're crashing, go look for user.cfg in the Origin Games/Battlefield 4 folder and delete the line "UI.DrawEnable 1" if it exists.

I love Metro, nothing like getting 38/34 k/d's, and yet being the #1 player with 28k points from dropping ammo boxes like mad lol. Then their are the times when I find the perfect spot to setup my M60 and just mow down enemy after enemy.

If you're crashing, go look for user.cfg in the Origin Games/Battlefield 4 folder and delete the line "UI.DrawEnable 1" if it exists.

That fixed it. Mantle still crashes on map load, but I've stopped bothering to find a fix for that.

If anyone is getting a black screen after loading the initial server screens here is a workaround:

Find your user.cfg file in \origin games\battlefield 4 and delete the "UI.DrawEnable 1" line. Save the file, launch BF4 and it should load. It worked for me. Thanks, interwebs!

I had the same issue and this fixed it. TY

I love Metro, nothing like getting 38/34 k/d's, and yet being the #1 player with 28k points from dropping ammo boxes like mad lol. Then their are the times when I find the perfect spot to setup my M60 and just mow down enemy after enemy.

How is the M60? My favorite LMG right now is the MG4, I unlocked the M60 but haven't tried it much yet.

It plays a lot like the M240B in my opinion. I've been rocking it pretty hard since I unlocked it.

I'll have to give it a go, there's honestly not a ton of levels where I like LMGs. Locker is fun and now Metro is real fun but I wish there were a few more levels that would suit them. I'm talking the heavier ones, the MG4 you can practically run and gun with.

Does anyone have any noob friendly tips? I know to do all the squad stuff but any gun setups or modes I should be focusing on to level up faster? At the moment I'm level 2 and have been getting murdered by higher level people with shotguns. I can't even equip a shotgun yet and I almost get spawn camped every time. I'm running all the settings on High but I'm thinking of turning them down because it's it almost as if the graphics are too good and I can't notice anyone hiding lol >.<.

It's not very noob friendly at all compared to Titanfall, I have BF experience from 1942,2, 2142 and BC2. I sat out BF3.

How is the M60? My favorite LMG right now is the MG4, I unlocked the M60 but haven't tried it much yet.

it's a low rate of fire easy to handle laser death machine.

What Porter said, I find it easy to handle and find it pretty easy to hit targets even from long range. We had all 3 control points on Metro and I setup shop in a window on the second floor of one of the buildings, was nailing snipers in their spawn before they could hit me.

Back