Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

Dear god Dice fucked the game with the last update.

Constant disconnects, terrible rubber banding..........wtf Dice?

Could any one tell me why I did the multi talent assignments but the page doesn't even show a 0/1 for each kill equipment to unlock it. I have gotten this every conquest map official and ranked. I want to unlock the MTAR-21

Could any one tell me why I did the multi talent assignments but the page doesn't even show a 0/1 for each kill equipment to unlock it. I have gotten this every conquest map official and ranked. I want to unlock the MTAR-21

I have a feeling that you need to do them in a single round. That's how I got MTAR-21 last night, but maybe I'm wrong.

Lol, also since the last patch my kdr went from 1.5+ to in the 1.3s. Drives me nuts. I almost have every class and gun unlocked. I have never been a bad sniper in any game except for BF4 lol.

Just do what all other other cod idiots do and use the sniper like a pistol

Don't play it like you'd think a sniper would just run around no scoping

I have a feeling that you need to do them in a single round. That's how I got MTAR-21 last night, but maybe I'm wrong.

This is correct, however it should be noted that I have completed the requirements and have used the MTAR-21 and it is still tracking this as if I have not completed it. If I remember correctly, I can only see the MTAR-21 in game and not in the BF loadout screen. I went looking for it and was like WTH I just used it!

This is correct, however it should be noted that I have completed the requirements and have used the MTAR-21 and it is still tracking this as if I have not completed it. If I remember correctly, I can only see the MTAR-21 in game and not in the BF loadout screen. I went looking for it and was like WTH I just used it!

The same thing is happening to me. I unlocked all those weapons and it still tracking as if I never unlocked them. Sigh.

Is there a way to tell it not to track those assignments anymore?

What are you guys using to drive vehicles or fly helicopters? Can't be keyboard and mouse right?

What are you guys using to drive vehicles or fly helicopters? Can't be keyboard and mouse right?

Joystick support in BF games has sucked for the longest time. Most people use mouse/keyboard.

I posted some basic suggestions a few pages back. /Map up elevator to the space bar, set "vertical look" and "vertical flight" to "normal" so targeting in flight is more natural, you can use the strafe keys to control rudder / tail rotor while mouse looking, etc.

Here is a strategy which will keep you alive in jets. Jets in bf games have an altitude cap which is different on each map. When you try to fly higher than the altitude cap you begin to rapidly loose control of the jet.

Learn to fly the verge of that altitude boundary, patrolling around the outer edge of the map, with the aircraft banked 90 degrees so you can visually scan the entire map using mouse look. Keep your eyeballs on a swivel at all times, stay in a constant 90 degree bank. You cannot use the elevator controls while using mouse look, however, I have learned by trial and error that you can use the strafe keys to manipulate the rudder while using mouse look. So, use the rudder control to maintain that specific altitude while banked.

Your patrol route should be square like a box, and you should turn at the four imaginary "corners" of the map. I say, "turn" , but since you're flying in a constant 90 degree bank using mouse look, it's really just a quick "90 degree up elevator" in banked flight, and then right back to scanning with mouse look. This will keep you safe from being attacked from above, and it will also keep you relatively safe from the anti air. You just have to mind your weak spot, which will be narrow, and on your six.

When you see your prey, roll inverted and attack in a 90 degree dive. The moment you've confirmed your kill, or have finished your pass, pull up into an immediate 90 degree climb and get the fuck out of there. While you climb at 90 degrees use a quick mouse look to check your six, perform an aileron roll and check your six, perform another aileron roll and check your six one last time. By that time you'll need to break out of that 90 degree climb and go back to vulching.

Most of the aircraft seem to turn best at around 310 knots, give or take. I suggest remapping the space bar to "up elevator" and utilizing it during turning fights, and to recover from dives.

Most BF pilots seem to spook at the first sign of a radar lock tone, but don't seem to react much to a peppering with cannons. I suggest that you dive on your prey "guns hot" so as not to spook them with a lock tone until it's too late for them to react, pepper them, then fire missiles for the kill just before you break into your defensive 90 degree climb out.

If possible, remap the map key command to one of your mouse buttons or some other key you can instinctively hit. In between scanning the map for targets and watching your six, flip the map open for quick assessments of the enemy team's movements.

The same thing is happening to me. I unlocked all those weapons and it still tracking as if I never unlocked them. Sigh.

Is there a way to tell it not to track those assignments anymore?

I think you just need to track something in it's place instead

That's how I've handled that

Thanks! Yea, wow I'll have to get one of those

I searched both of those terms in youtube and didn't find an endorsement of any product other than a standard kb and mouse. If there's a specific product the good pilots are using could you link it here?

I think you just need to track something in it's place instead

That's how I've handled that

Where? I see the page that shows the three items you can track and they are all different things for me. Not the M-Tar 21, etc.

Is there another place?

I use a Logitech 3D Pro to fly. There is a setting in the config file you have to adjust to get the throttle to act correctly, but other than that I don't get why people say joysticks don't work in BF4. Mine works great. I can pull off turns and stuff that you just can't do with a mouse.

I use a Logitech 3D Pro to fly. There is a setting in the config file you have to adjust to get the throttle to act correctly, but other than that I don't get why people say joysticks don't work in BF4. Mine works great. I can pull off turns and stuff that you just can't do with a mouse.

If that were true then the best most competitive pilots wouldn't use KB/M. Granted, its all relative - no competitive dogfighters from BF3 are even playing BF4 because of the drastic arcade-mode changes to jets, but you're not going to turn any tighter with a joystick than a KB/M user with good speed control, because there are physical limitations imposed on jet maneuverability by the game.

FWIW, my friend was among the best in BF3 jets, held #1 on leaderboard for a few months before getting bored and from there just played 1v1 ESL dogfight ladders exclusively. He swore by KB/M, but at one point tried a Logitech 3D Pro, it took him 2 weeks to get acclimated and "pretty good" but could never reach the same level of pinpoint accuracy, and ultimately went back to KB/M. Again, FWIW.

I suppose that joystick is cheap enough that anyone could try and see if it works for them and/or is any more fun for them. If so, great.

Last edited:
I use a Logitech 3D Pro to fly. There is a setting in the config file you have to adjust to get the throttle to act correctly, but other than that I don't get why people say joysticks don't work in BF4. Mine works great. I can pull off turns and stuff that I just can't do with a mouse.
FTFY. You may fly better with joystick, but not everyone. I fly better with joystick also. For the most precision, most fly with kb/m. Most of the top rated pilots fly with kb/m.

I did all the kills required in one round. I've done it on my account, but I am trying to do it at a friends and I've done it 3 times in a row and still nothing. On my account it showed the 0/1 before I did it and on his battlelog screen it is blank.

Time for me to rant. A rant not against DICE/EA, but rather some specific types of players in this game.

You know who you are. The elitists. The "you used xyz weapon and killed me, therefore you suck and I'm going to bitch about you non-stop in chat" kind of people.

I'm not talking about people who rant about AA or Little Birds or Ace23 being OP, because lets face it, there are some OP weapons in this game. I'm talking about the people who go out of their way to treat everyone who is using any weapon they deem OP (specifically not bugged weapons) as having no skill or is a noob. To those people I say: you are the noobs, fuck off. It's high time for you to change that oversoaked tampon of yours. If you are not bitching and are simply trolling me, guess what? I'm going to troll you harder.

If you want to get pissy at me and say I am spraying and praying an LMG with a suppressor on it in a CQB map like OP Locker, Zavod 311, or Guilin Peaks, then you are the noob who doesn't know how to counter it. Every weapon has its advantages and disadvantages. You play a weapon to its advantages, then you further augment it with attachments to further enhance it. If I'm using an LMG with a suppressor on it, then I'm specifically setup for CQB combat, and I can't hit shit more than 25 meters out. I am running in gunning in tight quarters rarely going out in the open. When I do go out in the open it is to find a way to flank you from another tight area. Guess what happens then? I usually find a few of you bitchy noobs in a pack and I can rape your asses all day with a box magazine full of 200 dildo shaped projectiles.

This doesn't just apply to my one example. It applies to everything. Active Radar missiles are OP, we all know that. Guess what? They too can be countered. Even 2 of them impacting you aren't a guaranteed death. You can fly with your team mate and have them go after the enemy jet or tag team that mobile AA. You know that ACE23 that everyone drools over? It too can be beaten by a shotgun super close, a DMR/Sniper rifle at longer ranges, or any other god damn assault rifle if you think tactictally and find a way to flank them...or god forbid you work with a squad to overwhelm those lone wolfs going on killing sprees.

So stop being a noob, pull the pineapple grenade out of your ass, find a way to counter my playstyle, and for Fuck's sake stop spamming up the chat. The game gives you hundreds of ways to counter. Find a vehicle and overwhelm my position. Set a claymore for me to hit next time I go down that corridor from behind you. Pick up a DMR, Sniper rifle, or decent long range assault rifle and hit me from afar. You have zero excuses other than your idiot elitist mentality.

/end rant.

Damn that feels better. Now let's get back to playing this game all you ball lickers. :cool:

Time for me to rant...

Couldn't agree more. This is a paper rock scissors game, and you should strive to treat it as such. Getting destroyed constantly by x means that you use y next time. Or call on your teammates to help. Nothing better than getting shit on by snipers from the rooftops in Shanghai, then seeing your team's heli go up there and light them up while they scramble for safety. Justice!

It also helps that the objectives of Battlefield are more complex than deathmatch. Yeah, you can fill the rooftops with snipers all round long. Meanwhile, we'll all be down there winning the game. If winning the round, capping points, breaking through choke points, etc. means that I get annoyingly shot by some sniping noobs three or four times, then I'll take it.

Not that I hate sniping, btw, just using it as an example.

As for the joystick business. I can FLY way better with the joystick....but....if we're talking what I'm more ACCURATE with then it is still kb/m hands down. It just feels so much more natural using the joystick, but for precision shooting I usually can't hit shit without making a second or third pass.

I always had a K/D ratio above 2.0 in older battlefield games but I'm struggling to maintain a 1.0 in bf4 for some reason. The game is fun though, I love when tall buildings fall down.

Couldn't agree more. This is a paper rock scissors game, and you should strive to treat it as such. Getting destroyed constantly by x means that you use y next time. Or call on your teammates to help. Nothing better than getting shit on by snipers from the rooftops in Shanghai, then seeing your team's heli go up there and light them up while they scramble for safety. Justice!

It also helps that the objectives of Battlefield are more complex than deathmatch. Yeah, you can fill the rooftops with snipers all round long. Meanwhile, we'll all be down there winning the game. If winning the round, capping points, breaking through choke points, etc. means that I get annoyingly shot by some sniping noobs three or four times, then I'll take it.

Not that I hate sniping, btw, just using it as an example.

Speaking of taking out campers from the rooftops, I have to share this video:

http://youtu.be/XVxXrQ1W04E

:)

So I got the game free a 4 days ago and I am already fucking tired of not being able to join servers 9 out of 10 tries. What in the fuck is wrong with Dice/EA? It literally took me 10 minutes of clicking on servers before I finally got one it let me connect to.

So I got the game free a 4 days ago and I am already fucking tired of not being able to join servers 9 out of 10 tries. What in the fuck is wrong with Dice/EA? It literally took me 10 minutes of clicking on servers before I finally got one it let me connect to.

Enable TCP/UDP port forwarding on your router for port 3659. Used to happen all the time in BF3 and it still does in BF4.

Enable TCP/UDP port forwarding on your router for port 3659. Used to happen all the time in BF3 and it still does in BF4.

If that's the problem your having and that completely solves the issue, you need to get yourself a better router/firewall.

I think one of the best things Dice could do to the BF series is make snipers go prone to fire, really fucking tired of snipers running around in close quarters one shotting me.

So...I need y'alls help, I'm a land vehicle/infantry guy wanting to learn how to fly jets and choppers. I'm a decent gunner but can't fly jets/choppers for crap. I can "fly" around and not die, but that's about it.

I'm found some good youtube videos but I don't know what are good strategies vs not so good.

Any experienced pilots in here that can direct me to some flying lessons??

I always had a K/D ratio above 2.0 in older battlefield games but I'm struggling to maintain a 1.0 in bf4 for some reason. The game is fun though, I love when tall buildings fall down.

Use the M416.

I had a ~2.5 KDR in BF3. Averaging over 3.6 KDR in BF4 at 50 hours with this weapon. It's a lovely gun and really quite overpowered. Not saying KDR is a complete benchmark for performance though.

Use the M416.

I had a ~2.5 KDR in BF3. Averaging over 3.6 KDR in BF4 at 50 hours with this weapon. It's a lovely gun and really quite overpowered. Not saying KDR is a complete benchmark for performance though.

You know, I like this gun too but I hardly ever see people using it.

What are your preferred attachments?

Woooo got the ucav and it's.. underwhelming.

Trying to finish unlocking all the DMRs and getting ammo ribbons for the last LMG. MAN I HATE SUPPORT CLASS. Not saying it sucks (it does), but it's just not for me (or anyone). :)

Woooo got the ucav and it's.. underwhelming.

Trying to finish unlocking all the DMRs and getting ammo ribbons for the last LMG. MAN I HATE SUPPORT CLASS. Not saying it sucks (it does), but it's just not for me (or anyone). :)

You're not doing it right OR you're not playing domination/Rush.

If you're playing a rush game, and are defending and post up with an LMG you will WRECK people. Especially rush in Operation locker, oh man an LMG is SO FUN! I suck at BF4 and even I went like 25/3 on a Rush mode.

Back