Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

Ironic the fix to fix the 0 health bug seems to made it more prevalent. Never saw it before but now I see it a lot.

Yeah I maybe had "bad netcode" happen 2% of the time before the patch, but now this zero health thing is happening OFTEN in certain rounds. I probably died 100 times last night and 12 of them were with 0 health.

I fired 40 rounds of a M249B into a guy running from me and then he turned around and sniped me in the face with zero health....LAME. I know I'm not great at this game but I'm not THAT BAD.

ea, if it isnt broken, just wait for the patch. lol

they have a talent for making bugs they are trying to fix worse and STILL release the patch.

I havent played since this patch and probably wont until and if they get this shit under control. damn

I seriously hope this debacle damages their reputation, especially amongst console gamers. That's the only way change will happen-if they come to terms with the fact that their ass-hattery has impacted their brand and future sales.

the "0 health" bug only effects the number you see on the screen. The guy still took any damage you gave him and you will be credited the kill assist points for the damage you gave.

the "0 health" bug only effects the number you see on the screen. The guy still took any damage you gave him and you will be credited the kill assist points for the damage you gave.

That makes sense since there were times I didn't put many rounds into people. There were still a few times where I KNOW the guy should have been dead so I guess that is chalked up to my bad gaming skills or bad netcode.

Anyone know how long you have to stay alive after being revived, to be able to be revived again?

Ran the test range last night. Still major issues with hit detection. Probably every 5th bullet hit on the targets didn't register as a hit, even though is clearly showed a hit with a graphical representation on the target.

Will still play BF3, if I have a BF hankering, until a patch comes to fix the basics that are wrong.

Ran the test range last night. Still major issues with hit detection. Probably every 5th bullet hit on the targets didn't register as a hit, even though is clearly showed a hit with a graphical representation on the target.

Will still play BF3, if I have a BF hankering, until a patch comes to fix the basics that are wrong.

On stationary targets?

I get what your saying on the "0" bug being only whats diplayed but it sure feels like im dishing out the same shots sometimes as the ones that kill. I do see at times the "0" heatlh dudes are sitting on med kits while the kill cam is still running...

Hmmm...just checking to see if this game was fixed.I guess the game is still in beta stage.Thanks for all you testers...you guys have saved me the frustration

On stationary targets?

I get what your saying on the "0" bug being only whats diplayed but it sure feels like im dishing out the same shots sometimes as the ones that kill. I do see at times the "0" heatlh dudes are sitting on med kits while the kill cam is still running...

Stationary and moving.

QUESTION:

In an IFV, using a TOW, is there a way to stear the TOW outside the normal elevation restrictions of the turret? Like shooting on a hill with target below your ability to depress.....

So I seem to be getting really bad fps drops on certain maps. Is there anything I can do to alleviate this?

Is it just me or is the Cruise Missile one of the coolest explosions i've ever seen in a game..period?

So I seem to be getting really bad fps drops on certain maps. Is there anything I can do to alleviate this?

Give me some time to go through all the detailed information you've given us then I'll get back to you.

Give me some time to go through all the detailed information you've given us then I'll get back to you.

Rofl, sorry about that
2600k @ 4.6 ghz
16 gb ddr3 1600 10 10 10 26
7970 1050 1450
500 gb 7200 rpm drive

Windows 8.1, catalyst 13.12

QUESTION:

In an IFV, using a TOW, is there a way to stear the TOW outside the normal elevation restrictions of the turret? Like shooting on a hill with target below your ability to depress.....

Nope. It flies to where the crosshair points.

Is it just me or is the Cruise Missile one of the coolest explosions i've ever seen in a game..period?

ha yeah it's awesome. whenever one is launched I stop what I'm doing and watch the arc, then the glorious destruction at the end.

I finally got the performance I'd like, but like... I'm getting really tired of dying to people I can't see. To me, if feels like the player models blend into the environment way too much.

I finally got the performance I'd like, but like... I'm getting really tired of dying to people I can't see. To me, if feels like the player models blend into the environment way too much.

You mean like real life camo does for soldiers in the field?

not trying to insult or be a dick by any means. The trick really is to look for motion in the environment.

There is a fair amount of camo choices in the game, and some of the more serious players will rotate their camo loadout to actually match the environment quite well.

A few times myself I've stumbled upon a player out in the middle of no where by accident mostly because I couldn't see them that well because they were 100% still.

Soon as they started running around though it's pretty easy to track.

Camo is only affective in hardcore mode imho, using the local radar is team spamming Q it's impossible to hide

Camo is only affective in hardcore mode imho, using the local radar is team spamming Q it's impossible to hide

very true -- it didn't really dawn on me because for the past few weeks I've been playing nothing but hardcore.

I like it -- sure there is the occasional TK but servers for the most part have functions in place to help mitigate that problem.

At first it was annoying not having a mini-map but to know that I can kill someone and then "dissappear" rather easily, it's pretty nice.

Overall I find the pace of hardcore games to be slower -- which IMO is a good thing. People (for the most part) slow down and actually THINK before they run blind around a corner unloading and throwing nades everywhere.

very true -- it didn't really dawn on me because for the past few weeks I've been playing nothing but hardcore.

I like it -- sure there is the occasional TK but servers for the most part have functions in place to help mitigate that problem.

At first it was annoying not having a mini-map but to know that I can kill someone and then "dissappear" rather easily, it's pretty nice.

Overall I find the pace of hardcore games to be slower -- which IMO is a good thing. People (for the most part) slow down and actually THINK before they run blind around a corner unloading and throwing nades everywhere.

I play better in HC servers because of that reason, although. I'd say that I die at least 3 or 4 times from friendly fire.

I'm still trying to figure out which LMG I like best, at first I liked the M249B but quickly realized that it SUCKS at medium range because it's so freakin' unstable. I think I'm using the Type 88? I forget now, it's one with a 100 mag clip. maybe it's the LSAT.,

I hear a lot of people like the MG4...I almost have that unlocked.

I play better in HC servers because of that reason, although. I'd say that I die at least 3 or 4 times from friendly fire.

I'm still trying to figure out which LMG I like best, at first I liked the M249B but quickly realized that it SUCKS at medium range because it's so freakin' unstable. I think I'm using the Type 88? I forget now, it's one with a 100 mag clip. maybe it's the LSAT.,

I hear a lot of people like the MG4...I almost have that unlocked.

TK is one of the few things I wish some HC servers would turn off. In a game with large explosions, friends are bound to die. It was especially bad when they (do they still have it? I haven't played in awhile) had the name-indicator bug that delayed the name of friendlies popping up. There were times when an enemy and I would meet face to face in a dark room, wait a second, and then shoot at eachother. You could tell he was thinking the same thing since camos are relatively close. I TK'd a few people because I couldn't identify them and didn't want to get shot because of it. I'd expect that in ARMA-level of reality.

Ive been trying to snipe lately and it confuses me how the bullet of a sniper rifle travels slower than all the other guns. Also hip firing a pistol is probably the most accurate thing in the game.

the bullet thing comes down to game play over realism, if the bullets are too fast its too easy to snipe and even more people would do it.

its just one of those things, like how .50 cal tank guns do less damage than they "should" or the mini guns on the transport choppers do like no damage compared the mini guns on Boats.

I'm reading on Reddit that today's server update added a fancy new bug that keeps you from respawning.

Epic, just epic.

I'm reading on Reddit that today's server update added a fancy new bug that keeps you from respawning.

Epic, just epic.

Manually updating PB fixes it.

Dice or EA has always released patches without a pb update. Not bothering to add it to the update protocol is just insane but I normal operating procedure over there.

Are the adaptive camo's rare or something? Ive only gotten 1 and im almost level 50. It's the only camo I like using also because I dont have to swap out the camos on everything each round..

the bullet thing comes down to game play over realism, if the bullets are too fast its too easy to snipe and even more people would do it.

its just one of those things, like how .50 cal tank guns do less damage than they "should" or the mini guns on the transport choppers do like no damage compared the mini guns on Boats.

These are very good points... I thought the sniper bullet was slowed down just to show their cool version of 'foxxtraxx', which was the crappy graphic tail they gave the puck in hockey for a few games before everyone almost stopped watching because of it..

TK is one of the few things I wish some HC servers would turn off. In a game with large explosions, friends are bound to die. It was especially bad when they (do they still have it? I haven't played in awhile) had the name-indicator bug that delayed the name of friendlies popping up. There were times when an enemy and I would meet face to face in a dark room, wait a second, and then shoot at eachother. You could tell he was thinking the same thing since camos are relatively close. I TK'd a few people because I couldn't identify them and didn't want to get shot because of it. I'd expect that in ARMA-level of reality.

TK is the single reason I dont play HC day to day. Don't get me wrong I've put hours into it and understand how the fundamentals and flow are different, and I really tried accepting it in BF3, I mean its certainly more meaningful putting bullets or rounds on people because everything dies faster in that mode, but I always just end up with a migraine even when I did well.

Example, the last time I tried HC, spawned into Scout Heli, immediately "You were killed by [Teammate]", and its "LOL LOL" in the chatbox and guy that TK'd me flies off. It was the same shit in BF3, just too many CoDtards and youngsters playing the game now and HC is a griefers paradise - there's no room in my life for providing online daycare and amusement for children.

Any tricks to remove rubberbanding? I've tried so many things yet I bounce around even at 25ms.

TK is the single reason I dont play HC day to day. Don't get me wrong I've put hours into it and understand how the fundamentals and flow are different, and I really tried accepting it in BF3, I mean its certainly more meaningful putting bullets or rounds on people because everything dies faster in that mode, but I always just end up with a migraine even when I did well.

Example, the last time I tried HC, spawned into Scout Heli, immediately "You were killed by [Teammate]", and its "LOL LOL" in the chatbox and guy that TK'd me flies off. It was the same shit in BF3, just too many CoDtards and youngsters playing the game now and HC is a griefers paradise - there's no room in my life for providing online daycare and amusement for children.

You need to find a server that allows for TK to be punished. Accidents happen and you can forgive, but 3 strikes and you get booted, so if anyone is being a jerk, they get sorted pretty quick. HC with griefers is no fun. Even harder when you dont know who is who!

I think the TK dynamic makes the game more tactical, you cant spam 203s and need to be aware of the people around you. You also have to plan your moves and use cover.

You need to find a server that allows for TK to be punished. Accidents happen and you can forgive, but 3 strikes and you get booted, so if anyone is being a jerk, they get sorted pretty quick. HC with griefers is no fun. Even harder when you dont know who is who!

I think the TK dynamic makes the game more tactical, you cant spam 203s and need to be aware of the people around you. You also have to plan your moves and use cover.

I think team kills are a good aspect, I like it. Sure, I get naded by some re re Mcgee who's just aimlessly throwing 'nades. I also get shot up when someone shoots before looking and sure I get shot by a medic with paddles and not revived....But it doesn't happen often enough to make me not have fun.

I personally love it on infantry servers and TDM only, it's a lot more tactical and MOST guys are careful. I think playing on HC in conquest is poopy though.

DICE is on the case!

"WE ARE INVESTIGATING AN ISSUE WITH SPAWNING, IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING THIS ISSUE IN-GAME PLEASE UPDATE YOUR PUNKBUSTER FILES."

I think this is the first PB update in two months if I'm not mistaken.

Ive been trying to snipe lately and it confuses me how the bullet of a sniper rifle travels slower than all the other guns. Also hip firing a pistol is probably the most accurate thing in the game.

I suck at sniping. I just get my sniper time in on bolts only servers. It tends to be more people running around getting in shooting matches with bolt rifles but I find it to be fun. It also gets some decent practice for close range timing since you aren't really hurting your team if you suck like I do.

I suck at sniping. I just get my sniper time in on bolts only servers. It tends to be more people running around getting in shooting matches with bolt rifles but I find it to be fun. It also gets some decent practice for close range timing since you aren't really hurting your team if you suck like I do.

Lol, also since the last patch my kdr went from 1.5+ to in the 1.3s. Drives me nuts. I almost have every class and gun unlocked. I have never been a bad sniper in any game except for BF4 lol.

Back