Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

-Normalized repair rates across all vehicles HELL FUCKING YES!! DOES THIS MEAN THAT THE LITTLE BIRDS ARE NO LONGER INVINCIBLE WHEN THEY HAVE ONE OR MORE ENGINEERS ON THEM? I have literally shot a little bird with 5 stingers in a row from the middle rooftop on Zavod and it did not kill it because of the engineers repairing it. That fucker went 80-0 in one round.TONIGHT I SHALL PLAY WITH A HARD ON THE SIZE OF MY MISSILES THAT SHALL TAKE DOWN THE LITTLE BIRDS ONCE AND FOR ALL!!! MUWAHAHAHA!!!

Thank god I thought I was just shooting the stinger and igla wrong. I can empty all of them in a row and the helis come out like I never did dmg.

Sometimes when I am using the pistol I can click and it wont shoot for maybe 2-3 seconds. Happens pretty consistently whether I am not suppressed, suppressed, standing still, running. Its the most annoying thing ever. Also for some reason I find it massively easier and more accurate to hip fire pistols than ADS.

Anyone try out the FAMAS yet? I've been using it since I got the 120hz LB monitor, and holy shit it's a straight death machine. The 25 round magazine is definitely a downside, but I've been rolling people with the 1000 ROF and shooting in controlled bursts. It's actually more controllable and accurate than I thought.

i havn't used it much i don't play assault enough. only time i get to play assault is on lockdown

Anyone try out the FAMAS yet? I've been using it since I got the 120hz LB monitor, and holy shit it's a straight death machine. The 25 round magazine is definitely a downside, but I've been rolling people with the 1000 ROF and shooting in controlled bursts. It's actually more controllable and accurate than I thought.

With a muzzle break and burst fire yes its just nasty but if you forget to reload it will fail you in the most intense firefights. I stopped using it because I enjoy defending and the long reload is not conducive to the random targets attacking. I personally love to use the M416A due to its burst fire handling. It just feels right.

The SCAR-H with muzzle break, Ergo, laser, RDS is a monster too.
I couldn't use this gun well in BF3 but it mows people down in BF4. Give it a try if you haven't.

Speaking of which, i put tonight's kills into another video.

http://youtu.be/oRoe_cltwds
A+ Performance, man that's a solid amount of SRAW kills in just one night. I just subscribed with my active youtube account, the other one was really old that you subscribed to.

Do you have any fast vehicle spawn 24/7 Siege of Shanghai servers on your favorites? Is that the best server for taking down helis? I honestly don't play much CQ, but want to get into it. I mostly just do TDM and DOM since I love ground pounding.

Next time I see you on I'd like to join up with ya in the battle of who can take down more helis :D

Would be nice to get on VOIP with you, what are you using TS, Vent, or Mumble?

I love it, the rate of fire is balanced fairly well.

I have a question re: weapon battlepacks. I see on some YT vids of players getting weapon battlepacks failry quickly. I havent had one yet. I only have the optic/accessory unlocks through progression of kills. I want the Coyote optic on my US gun, but its only available through a battlepack. How does one expedite this process?

Wildace I never seen you on, I thought I had your gamer tag but maybe not?

Also, last night...in one server, I kept unloading 20+ rounds from an LMG into people and they'd then kill me and it's said "0 health". It then would show then running around still. WTF?? I couldn't kill anyone, had to leave the server.

Oh and I like the AEK-971 over the FAMAS, not sure why. I also LOVE the ACE 23 in the carbine class, that gun is FUN and great at medium range too.

I have a question re: weapon battlepacks. I see on some YT vids of players getting weapon battlepacks failry quickly. I havent had one yet. I only have the optic/accessory unlocks through progression of kills. I want the Coyote optic on my US gun, but its only available through a battlepack. How does one expedite this process?

Get kills with said weapon and rank up.

PS4 patch notes use better language to explain the repair rate normalization:

Normalized repair rates across all vehicles. Vehicles with lower health points, like aircraft and transport vehicles, now repair more slowly than before

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1040544860 said:
A+ Performance, man that's a solid amount of SRAW kills in just one night. I just subscribed with my active youtube account, the other one was really old that you subscribed to.

Do you have any fast vehicle spawn 24/7 Siege of Shanghai servers on your favorites? Is that the best server for taking down helis? I honestly don't play much CQ, but want to get into it. I mostly just do TDM and DOM since I love ground pounding.

Next time I see you on I'd like to join up with ya in the battle of who can take down more helis :D

Would be nice to get on VOIP with you, what are you using TS, Vent, or Mumble?

I usually tend to avoid fast vehicle spawn servers, i like putting a chopper down and knowing it wont be back right away so i can get some normal kills or protect the flag a little and not totally focused on the choppers, doesnt help with making a SRAW video but i enjoy the game more. I dont have very many servers on my fav. list i tend to just filter by ping and join one or follow one of the guys i play with in.

i also never play TDM or DOM, and all i do is ground pound, my number 1 vehicle on my battlelog keeps going back and forth between the RHIB small boat, and the EOD BOT lol.

im generally in TS there is about 4-7 or so people i regularly play with and we use the same TS

Wildace I never seen you on, I thought I had your gamer tag but maybe not?

its possible i removed you at some point, my friends list is always teetering on being too full at 100 friends so i have to remove people to add people and if i dont remember who someone is on the list some times they get bumped to make room :eek:

The SCAR-H with muzzle break, Ergo, laser, RDS is a monster too.
I couldn't use this gun well in BF3 but it mows people down in BF4. Give it a try if you haven't.
SCAR-H is my shit! Love that gun.
much more controllable than in BF3. My second favorite is the AEK-971.

I have everything unlocked except the DMR's. Trying to get that SCAR-H SV and see how it is.

You have to get several hundred kills with a weapon before the game starts giving you battlepacks for it. Usually the highly valued items for a particular weapon (e.g. Kobra or Coyote sight for any non-sniper rifle) require even more kills to unlock.

The other option is getting it through the regular battlepacks that you get through promotions.

You have to get several hundred kills with a weapon before the game starts giving you battlepacks for it. Usually the highly valued items for a particular weapon (e.g. Kobra or Coyote sight for any non-sniper rifle) require even more kills to unlock.

The other option is getting it through the regular battlepacks that you get through promotions.

I don't know if I like the gamble approach to games. Similar to Payday 2 where to unlock something, you must pick a card and hope you get what you want.

I lost a one on one with a guy last night that ran away with zero health showing.

Gotcha.. Didn't realize it was that much. I'll keep grinding.

I believe just about every weapon to get all the accessories you need 500something kills. If you look at the weapon unlocks you'll see battlepacks and the number of kills with the weapon to get it.

I believe just about every weapon to get all the accessories you need 500something kills. If you look at the weapon unlocks you'll see battlepacks and the number of kills with the weapon to get it.

This is pretty accurate. I recently got every unlock for the AK-12 and I currently have 506 kills with it.

That happened to me 9 times. I couldn't kill anyone with my gun. I had 8 kills and 15 deaths and all kills were with a grenade lol. I was so pissed.

Been having problems with guns other than the shot gun, I will be in a firefight and I will die with the other guy having 1 or 2 health left. Statistically I dont think its possible to have roughly 90% of my gun fights end this way.

Look at your unlocks page in Battlelog. It'll tell you exactly how many kills you'll need to reach an accessory or a battlepack for a specific weapon.

Well, after the latest patch my FPS dropped from 85-115 all the way down to 40 with SLI and 15-22 without sli. Using the latest WHQL drivers....it was fine before the patch was released.

a couple of days ago I was getting frequent blue screens in BF4 with the 13.12 whql catalyst. So I installed 13.11 beta 9.2. After the patch yesterday, I would eventually end up with lighting that would degrade if I looked down my sights/scope and then restore to normal after I returned to hip fire. So then I re-installed 13.12whql and all seems fine for now...

Well, after the latest patch my FPS dropped from 85-115 all the way down to 40 with SLI and 15-22 without sli. Using the latest WHQL drivers....it was fine before the patch was released.

Game ran buttery smooth for me when I played a handful of rush rounds earlier. Didn't see any out of the ordinary fps dips with the new patch.

Ironic the fix to fix the 0 health bug seems to made it more prevalent. Never saw it before but now I see it a lot.

So how's the latest patch affect stability/performance? Anyone notice any real differences?

For me I got one "Black screen of Death" as I am now officially calling it. The game froze, but my video card was still rendering as fast as possible and the fan was on high and I could still hear the background loading music. It seemed like it was perpetually loading. 2 minutes later it locked up completely.

Hadn't had any crashes since the mid december patch when the broke SLI/Xfire.

The 0HP bug is now back in vengeance despite the patch notes saying they fixed it. They made it worse. I had one guy kill me even though I got a few rounds in him and killcam showed he had 0HP, got revived only for him to come right back around the corner again and kill me but then with 100HP, but someone hit him with one shot and he went down. So my hits did register despite what the killcam said.

Back