Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1040517071 said:
I'll be on tonight, will have a few drinks also and put a movie on for the GF lol :D

Heh, I showed thIs sentence to the g/f and asked "sound familiar"? Stick a movie in front of her and get a couple hours playtime. Pathetic.

Last edited:
So, if I were to add some of you dudes....do I have to add you guys in Origin or in BF4? I think it is stupid how the two are different.

It adds you to both if you add to BF4 or to Origin.

Also gg's last night for all 4 of the [H] guys I was playing with it was fun. We tore it up till they scrambled the teams lol.

Last edited:
§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1040518437 said:
It adds you to both if you add to BF4 or to Origin.

Also gg's last night for all 4 of the [H] guys I was playing with it was fun. We tore it up till then scrambled the teams lol.

Ya, then you had to go exercise... ;)

Heh, I showed thIs sentence to the g/f and asked "sound familiar"? Stick a movie in front of her and get a couple hours playtime. Pathetic.

I was hoping to snag a 7970 or 7950 for cheap after getting my 290x for the wife so I could attempt to get her to join in on the game play :D Unfortunately I didn't act soon enough and they're all now 2x the price they were :( SOMEDAY SOON :cool:

Been playing BF4 almost consistently for past 2 days and really enjoying it now. Even with my high pings (usually 130-170) I am playing quite decent matches. Just went from level 14 to level 22 in 2 days. I love double XP events.

Game is growing on me much more now like the good old BF3. I absolutely love Operation Locker and Silk Road. Been playing those maps mostly. People can complain all they want but the game is very good. :).

Even with my high pings (usually 130-170) I am playing quite decent matches.

/facepalm ...you do realize why that is the case don't ya?

I don't want to sound rude but you're probably destroying people because the inherent dynamics of the netcode in this game favors your shitty connection against other people with low pings.

Last edited:

I don't want to sound rude but you're probably destroying people because the inherent dynamics of the netcode in this game favors your shitty connection against other people with low pings.

i doubt mr lag comp will acknowledge this

Thinking about picking this up. Had some fun in BF3 but only played sinigle player and occasional multiplayer. Should I get the Standard or Deluxe addition while 30% or the Game and Premium at only 18% off. Decisions decisions..... :confused:

Yes, I do know about the netcode but I am in UAE and the closest servers are in Germany, Poland or UK. Those are the ones I join and the options I have. At 130-170 pings it is still Ok. My K/D is around 0.7 so lag comp is not in full effect so to speak at these pings. Now if I join servers in US with about 200+ ping then I could imagine me being top of the pack lol.

Bugfield 4. Today, in ONE round, I experienced the following.... game enhancements.

1. KIA by nothing. I'm trying to jump over one of those low walls, I get over it and ... dead. No explosion, no bullet, no claymore.

2. Hit marker disappeared in two separate gunfights.

3. I spawned into a boat from the uncap spawn point and it's stuck on a ladder - I can't steer the boat off the ladder at all.

4. I had one death where a guy shot me with a shotgun but there was no noise. No hit register, no shotgun sound - just dead by a shotgun that I didn't hear.

I do enjoy this game, but this crap is incredibly annoying.

To top it all off, I forced myself through a couple of air superiority rounds to get a couple of assignments done. That mode is just awful.

Bugfield 4. Today, in ONE round, I experienced the following.... game enhancements.

1. KIA by nothing. I'm trying to jump over one of those low walls, I get over it and ... dead. No explosion, no bullet, no claymore.

2. Hit marker disappeared in two separate gunfights.

3. I spawned into a boat from the uncap spawn point and it's stuck on a ladder - I can't steer the boat off the ladder at all.

4. I had one death where a guy shot me with a shotgun but there was no noise. No hit register, no shotgun sound - just dead by a shotgun that I didn't hear.

I do enjoy this game, but this crap is incredibly annoying.

To top it all off, I forced myself through a couple of air superiority rounds to get a couple of assignments done. That mode is just awful.

I hate to be that guy but this is one of the rare instances where I say that the console version of a game is superior. Been playing BF4 on my PS4 and zero bugs no crashes and absolutely no problems. Can't get BF4 on my PC to be stable and be worth a damn.

BF4 is mostly stable for me now. It is just the little things left. I get the occasionally silent shotgun bug to. Seems to occur with other weapons, but most notably shotguns.

When you are revived your weapon's bolt/handle will wiggle back and forth until you switch to a different weapon.

Things like that. I do hope they can patch those out...

I hate to be that guy but this is one of the rare instances where I say that the console version of a game is superior. Been playing BF4 on my PS4 and zero bugs no crashes and absolutely no problems. Can't get BF4 on my PC to be stable and be worth a damn.

You wouldn't be saying that if you had a lightboost monitor and triple digit minimums.

I haven't crashed in 3 weeks. Bugs like dying for no reason or missing sound effects don't bother me one bit. They are few and far between for me.

I'm on hmobile, so I can't see us specs, but it's worth fresh installing Windows 8. You know the PC master gaming race is the way. ;)

You wouldn't be saying that if you had a lightboost monitor and triple digit minimums.

I haven't crashed in 3 weeks. Bugs like dying for no reason or missing sound effects don't bother me one bit. They are few and far between for me.

I'm on hmobile, so I can't see us specs, but it's worth fresh installing Windows 8. You know the PC master gaming race is the way. ;)

I should be seeing triple digit mins at 1440p with bf4 at low to medium with my CF 290s. But that's the least of my worries. The random bugs here and there annoy me badly. Also I love W8 on a tablet and hybrid but not on my desktop. No game is worth me buying W8 to play right now.

I am not sure how the console version of the game is like. If folks are happy playing that version, then its great for them. One of the biggest problems I have with console gaming is the controller. Its great for racing and fighting games, but I cannot play shooters with it.

I am going to have to stick with KB/M.

That being said, I recently purchased a 144Hz monitor, and the difference is HUGE compared to a 60Hz monitor. So another down side of console gaming for me is the low refresh rate of TVs.

That being said, its all about having fun in the end. If PS4 is more fun for you, and if the game is working like it should, then have a blast by all means.

I should be seeing triple digit mins at 1440p with bf4 at low to medium with my CF 290s. But that's the least of my worries. The random bugs here and there annoy me badly. Also I love W8 on a tablet and hybrid but not on my desktop. No game is worth me buying W8 to play right now.

Windows is stupid. The reason it annoys me so much is because under the hood is an awesome OS. The UI is really irritating, and I have spent time trying to make it work like Windows 7.

Not having an option to disable the start screen on the desktop is really stupid in my opinion.

Amg: How long has it been since you've tried it on PC? The last 2 patches really helped. And I might see 1 or 2 MINOR bugs in 2 hrs of gaming. Also, classic shell fixes Windows 8 and just plays bf4 smoother. Then maybe disable xfire to be sure.

Patchrow:
You're using 120hz lightboost, right?

Amg: How long has it been since you've tried it on PC? The last 2 patches really helped. And I might see 1 or 2 MINOR bugs in 2 hrs of gaming. Also, classic shell fixes Windows 8 and just plays bf4 smoother. Then maybe disable xfire to be sure.

Patchrow:
You're using 120hz lightboost, right?

Played last week I think. Maybe Ill try turning off Xfire. But if I have to run without xfire that defeats the whole purpose of me dropping 2 grand during thanksgiving to upgrade my system. I just found it unplayable at 1440p even with everything at the lowest settings. I think it got worse because I dont remember myself lagging that much during thanksgiving when I wasnt having much problems but as time went on I just couldnt play BF4 anymore. I would love to play it on my PC but my PS4 is painless and works just as well. I might think about a W8 upgrade but only if I have time to do a fresh install and that means hrs of reinstalls. Might just buy a new SSD so moving to W8 will be less painful. Not that I hate W8 again I have 2 convertibles that cost a lot and I love them to death just dont like the UI on desktop and dont like classic shell. Though I did buy one of those start button programs that I have yet to use lol.

how can i adjust my graphics? everything is set to low but i cant click on anything

So the biggest bug I see a lot is shooting Stingers with no sound or flash. I think I forgot to reload the damn thing, then all of a sudden I see a missile flying.......

Not having an option to disable the start screen on the desktop is really stupid in my opinion.

Actually you can (I'm not trying to defend win8, the ui is terrible).

Install classic shell and check "skip metro screen". Also disable all the active corners (in classic shell). Poof, Windows 7.

You can still run "control userpasswords2" and even have it boot straight to the desktop if you want.

http://www.classicshell.net/

Played last week I think. Maybe Ill try turning off Xfire. But if I have to run without xfire that defeats the whole purpose of me dropping 2 grand during thanksgiving to upgrade my system. I just found it unplayable at 1440p even with everything at the lowest settings. I think it got worse because I dont remember myself lagging that much during thanksgiving when I wasnt having much problems but as time went on I just couldnt play BF4 anymore. I would love to play it on my PC but my PS4 is painless and works just as well. I might think about a W8 upgrade but only if I have time to do a fresh install and that means hrs of reinstalls. Might just buy a new SSD so moving to W8 will be less painful. Not that I hate W8 again I have 2 convertibles that cost a lot and I love them to death just dont like the UI on desktop and dont like classic shell. Though I did buy one of those start button programs that I have yet to use lol.

Well then you were all patched up. I hate to be a deusch, but I've been burned 3x w/ SLI. The biggest issues are less than full GPU usage and the stuttering. Even just using a single 6870 vs a GTX 460 in BC2, the Nvidia card felt smoother.

I wish you were local and I could sit you down and let you experience it proper on a lightboosted monitor.

1. Buy that new SSD and get Windows 8.
2. I have used Start8 and startisback. Classic shell (the start menu replacement) is not only free, but less buggy.
3. Start with one GPU.

IMO, that would give you a good baseline. Then try adding the other GPU. If that fails, sell the card. If you need more performance, bite the bullet and get a 780 Ti. You prolly wont match the performance, but it will be smoother.

Convertibles, lol...I thought u meant cars and we're going to go off on some weather tangent!

Check this link out:

http://www.blurbusters.com/faq/60vs120vslb/

I honestly cannot express how awesome this is for FPS. I have DOUBLED my k/d ratio since upgrading from a 60hz to LB. My enjoyment of the game has gone through the roof.

Yes, the PS4 is easy and just works. But isnt a Ferrari more fun than a Camry? ;)

You've got up work cut out for you, but dammit dude, you deserve better than a console!

Edit: I'm assuming you have a proper CPU? Fresh W8 + single card and I bet it'll run better than before. Toss in the other card and I bet you'll have issues. In theory 2 cards are faster, but the stuttering/wonky performance and issues just aren't worth it. A single 780 and a BenQ XL2024TE has propelled this game into my #2 spot of all time favorite online FPS'. Again, that monitor is KEY. 1440P is nice for single player, but LB...or loveboost as I like to call it is easily the single biggest upgrade I've ever done...surpassing 3DFX + GLquake.

how can i adjust my graphics? everything is set to low but i cant click on anything

You have to change from low to custom, then you can pick and choose.

Last edited:
lol, I dont think Ill sell the card. The only game I have problems with that I personally play is BF4. Plus I have a 3rd 290 in another computer waiting for when I decide which water blocks I want so I can wc the 3 of them and have trifire. I also mine litecoin so thats another reason why I wont sell them, they paid for themselves over the past month though. I havent read much on lightboost but I wont do 60hz+ monitors until I see one that is 1440p or higher. I use my computer for everything, work, play and mining and I compromising resolution is not ok for work.

When I was looking to upgrade my computer I wanted multi gpu setup, it had to be able to do work, play and mining and support 3x30" 2560x1600. The best bang for my buck was the 290s. They do everything well and at that time you could still grab them for $400.

But I will look into W8 with a new SSD. Just have to look out for a good deal on SSDs.

Actually you can (I'm not trying to defend win8, the ui is terrible).

Install classic shell and check "skip metro screen". Also disable all the active corners (in classic shell). Poof, Windows 7.

You can still run "control userpasswords2" and even have it boot straight to the desktop if you want.

http://www.classicshell.net/

Thanks a lot. I will check it out. I am not using any UI tweaks right now, but I think classic shell deserves a look.

I am still using Windows 7 on my main gaming machine. I run windows 8 on my laptop.

You don't need Classic Shell to skip metro screen and boot to desktop. Windows 8.1 has that built-in. Classic shell is great though for adding the start menu back.

Edit: I'm assuming you have a proper CPU? Fresh W8 + single card and I bet it'll run better than before. Toss in the other card and I bet you'll have issues. In theory 2 cards are faster, but the stuttering/wonky performance and issues just aren't worth it. A single 780 and a BenQ XL2024TE has propelled this game into my #2 spot of all time favorite online FPS'. Again, that monitor is KEY. 1440P is nice for single player, but LB...or loveboost as I like to call it is easily the single biggest upgrade I've ever done...surpassing 3DFX + GLquake.

You have to change from low to custom, then you can pick and choose.

What is LB? 120 Hz? I've heard from several friends now that 120 vs 60 hz makes such a HUGE difference apparently but then you need a beast of a card(s) to get up to those high of frames. I just have a 670 so I'd maybe get that high of frames with two of them but doubtful. The other problem for me...I want 27" for gaming and I also would like 1440 and 120 at 1440 won't happen haha. Now 24" at 120 hz at 1920...that's doable.

Also, I have come to the conclusion of what my my hated bug in the game is and that's the warning you get while being shot. In BF3, when someone was shooting at you, you had warning. There were hit markers and they actually worked.

I played BF4 for like 4 hours yesterday and there were dozens of times where I just died and then see a dude with an LMG or an assault rifle firing away from 75 yards. I know that they didn't ALL headshot me so they had to of been firing at me for a second or two and I got NOTHING. Biggest glitch in the game for me IMO. What a joke.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game, I have a blast but damnit I hate dying because of lack of hit markers. Had I been playing BF3, I could have lived maybe 50% of the time I'd guess.

What is LB? 120 Hz? I've heard from several friends now that 120 vs 60 hz makes such a HUGE difference apparently but then you need a beast of a card(s) to get up to those high of frames. I just have a 670 so I'd maybe get that high of frames with two of them but doubtful. The other problem for me...I want 27" for gaming and I also would like 1440 and 120 at 1440 won't happen haha. Now 24" at 120 hz at 1920...that's doable.

Also, I have come to the conclusion of what my my hated bug in the game is and that's the warning you get while being shot. In BF3, when someone was shooting at you, you had warning. There were hit markers and they actually worked.

I played BF4 for like 4 hours yesterday and there were dozens of times where I just died and then see a dude with an LMG or an assault rifle firing away from 75 yards. I know that they didn't ALL headshot me so they had to of been firing at me for a second or two and I got NOTHING. Biggest glitch in the game for me IMO. What a joke.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game, I have a blast but damnit I hate dying because of lack of hit markers. Had I been playing BF3, I could have lived maybe 50% of the time I'd guess.
It is called lag comp. Read up.
Over the weekend I have had cases where there was no way in hell a guy could kill me with an assault over 200 yards yet he did with a big frickin' mountain in between us (meaning no line of sight). Happened a lot in Operation Locker. Either he was hacking or there was something up with the game.

It is called lag comp. Read up.
Over the weekend I have had cases where there was no way in hell a guy could kill me with an assault over 200 yards yet he did with a big frickin' mountain in between us (meaning no line of sight). Happened a lot in Operation Locker. Either he was hacking or there was something up with the game.

me too. I think it was a bug bc the ppl who got me had crap kdr.

Playing with 120fps and 120hz makes a huge difference for me. I often get called out for aimbot and when I do I just type 120fps@120hz :), I'll almost always come out on top if the enemy and I both see each other at the same time unless he has a 144hz LightBoost setup lol :p

I have a single gtx670 and get an avg of 120fps when I play...

I did a fraps benchmark, here's the results from an entire round, the map was Zavod 311, 64man server....

bf4:
Frames: 204711 - Time: 1735324ms - Avg: 117.967

You guys should try out my graphics settings if you want a competitive edge over others and still have a good looking game. I spent many hours finding the best settings and this is what I came up with.

Even if I had a gtx780 SLI setup I'd still run these settings the only things I'd change would be to boost it up to 4xMSAA instead of 2x and change post processing from medium to Ultra.

These settings will allow you to acquire targets easier without sacrificing image quality.

*Warning* Mesh Quality on low will cause some texture pop-ins to occur on some maps, but doesn't effect the draw distance of the enemies.

1920x1080 @ 120hz
70 FOV
Motion Blur - Off
Depth of Field - Off
Texture Quality - Ultra
Texture Filtering - Ultra
Lighting - Medium
Effects - Low
Post Process Quality - Medium
Mesh Quality - Low
Terrain Quality - Ultra
Terrain Decoration - Low
AA Deferred - 2xMSAA
AA Post - Off
Ambient Occlusion - Off
FPS: Min 85, Avg 115, Max 200

Last edited:
§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1040522553 said:
Playing with 120fps and 120hz makes a huge difference for me. I often get called out for aimbot and when I do I just type 120fps@120hz :), I'll almost always come out on top if the enemy and I both see each other at the same time unless he has a 144hz LightBoost setup lol :p

I have a single gtx670 and get an avg of 120fps when I play...

I did a fraps benchmark, here's the results from an entire round, the map was Zavod 311, 64man server....

bf4:
Frames: 204711 - Time: 1735324ms - Avg: 117.967

You guys should try out my graphics settings if you want a competitive edge over others and still have a good looking game. I spent many hours finding the best settings and this is what I came up with.

Even if I had a gtx780 SLI setup I'd still run these settings the only things I'd change would be to boost it up to 4xMSAA instead of 2x and change post processing from medium to Ultra.

These settings will allow you to acquire targets easier without sacrificing image quality.

*Warning* Mesh Quality on low almost feels will cause some texture pop-ins to occur on some maps, but doesn't effect the draw distance of the enemies.

1920x1080 @ 120hz
70 FOV
Motion Blur - Off
Depth of Field - Off
Texture Quality - Ultra
Texture Filtering - Ultra
Lighting - Medium
Effects - Low
Post Process Quality - Medium
Mesh Quality - Low
Terrain Quality - Ultra
Terrain Decoration - Low
AA Deferred - 2xMSAA
AA Post - Off
Ambient Occlusion - Off
FPS: Min 85, Avg 115, Max 200

I will be trying these tonight for sure. That's so interesting about 120.

I've been on the other end of your gun and when we had gun fights in locker it was kind of funny: I'd see you running, I'd start to hip fire and then I'd be dead. All awhile, your sidearm wasn't even really pointed at me until the instant I was dead. There's multiple reasons why I'd lose, the main one being you're way better than I am but it was almost as though I was missing on your movements. Now that you say you have 120...that makes perfect sense.

I will also be looking for a 120 Hz monitor :)

I need to understand this 144 Hz lightboost setup. I already have a 144 Hz monitor with lightboost technology. Do I need to do something to enable lightboost in 2D mode?

Thanks for help.

Back