Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

I'm having a blast with this game and it runs perfectly on my system. I'm also eating my BF4-branded Slim Jims while playing 64 player Operation Locker getting 30+ kills a round with my M320 while using 200% XP boost and leveling up every other round on my steady march straight to cardiac arrest.

I'm having a blast with this game and it runs perfectly on my system. I'm also eating my BF4-branded Slim Jims while playing 64 player Operation Locker .

images

:p

Someone on reddit posted a video of letting their dog try the slim jim he got for the Battlefield code, and the dog spit it back out. Good lord what is in those things

Just played China Rising DLC, pretty fun. No crashes after playing all 4 maps, no rubberbanding. Still having problems with teammates blue icon showing up before i dome shot them... Gets pretty annoying having to wait 4-5 seconds to make sure i dont team kill, and even after i wait 5 seconds sometimes, no icon pops up, i shoot dude in head, and its a teamkill.

I also have a problem with flying in planes and choppers and getting literally a .1second warning before a locked missile hits, not even enough time to pop flares.

I tried the fix for the texture issue with sli a few posts above. That did not work for me. I still have to disable sli to avoid crazy texture issues.

And I get better fps as well with sli disabled. So wrong.

China rising maps seem fun so far. It's nice to have some new and different maps.

Just played some BF4 after the patch and China Rising, on China Rising Maps.

- My Audio crash is back. I was in a TDM round, alt tabbed to check steam message, alt tabbed back in and all my audio except deep bass and menu sounds were gone.

- Joined a new China Rising TDM server and my first firefight I noticed a severe bug, server issue or hack that pissed me right off. Regenerating health. Check out the video here. http://youtu.be/bo_2yiQ8oWI
I did report that guy, just in case it was a hack and included the video. But I also let them know I'm not convinced it was a hack, and could just be their shitty code work.

Last edited:
Someone on reddit posted a video of letting their dog try the slim jim he got for the Battlefield code, and the dog spit it back out. Good lord what is in those things

Ha ha ha. It's old dried meat with what tastes like a ton of artificial additives to preserve it longer. I mean people have been making smoked meat for years, but it never tasted like that. I wouldn't be surprised if it was bull testicles or penis honestly.

Edit: Link to what one person says is in it. Sounds pretty nasty and correct as I've seen what goes into hotdogs and that shit is gross as hell. I've seen people hock loogies, bleed, lose shovels, toss crack cocaine when confronted by the cops, and much meaner things into the hotdog mix.

Oh the joys of being a diesel mechanic early in life and visiting the main meat processing plant to talk to the ladies. No, I didn't have to wear special gear to walk out to the lines. USDA never gave a darn. :)

In short, don't eat mystery meat. That's we jokingly called it, and I watched the guys load the stuff. If we couldn't figure out what is in it then why are you eating it? If you can't determine what animal it came from, leave it in the store. If it looks strange and alien like, leave it in the store.

:D

I also have a problem with flying in planes and choppers and getting literally a .1second warning before a locked missile hits, not even enough time to pop flares.

Yeah those are Active Radar Missiles, they have infinite range, require no lockon, just a point&click in the general direction of a Heli or Jet. They get particularly absurd on the China Rising maps due to the Multiple AA's (up to four!) and two stealth jets all running them -- and EVERYBODY runs them because they're just so damn Easy Mode, pretty much guaranteed points and can be spammed base to base. When youre in a Heli, you hear about .5 seconds of fastbeep before they hit, you blow your countermeasure, they hit anyway, and now you wasted your countermeasure and you're free points for every stinger within 450m. And if you're in an Attack Heli the ARMs often flip you over ( video )

Its to the point I dont even bother with the Attack Heli anymore because you're just free points for the kid camping the base in an MAA clicking left mouse button over and over while watching TV on another screen. And they can shoot four of them in the span of 5 seconds.

Last edited:
Fuck you flyboys. Flying around while having an Engi rep'ing you the entire time is gay. I have zero sympathy for pilots.

Fuck you flyboys. Flying around while having an Engi rep'ing you the entire time is gay. I have zero sympathy for pilots.

I think they should implement some kind of repair limit. Either that or a chopper shouldn't be able to be repaired after a certain percentage.

^ Typical gamerkid mentality found on the Battlelog forums, sadly. And yet I wasn't even talking about Scouts, which yes, could stand to have their repair speed reduced and I hope DICE considers it because they are able to tank far beyond the Scout's intended role. I'm talking about Attack Heli's which are dead in the water right now because of a cheap mechanic that literally only requires a LMB click to make an AH flip over while its still taking off, and the MAA can do so hiding in its base next to the stationary AA where its untouchable.

I happen to play pretty much everything in terms of vehicles and roles, but I think its a shame when something is broken, not viable and can't assist the team. There's this thing called a middle ground.

Wow, I've not had a single crash with the game yet. Just went to play for the first time since last weekend and insane flickering. What the hell did they do to this game?

Flickering even in the small display window of the deployment screen. Guess I'll go back to BF3 for now when I want to destress for an hour.

Wow, I've not had a single crash with the game yet. Just went to play for the first time since last weekend and insane flickering. What the hell did they do to this game?

Flickering even in the small display window of the deployment screen. Guess I'll go back to BF3 for now when I want to destress for an hour.

I have this too. I'm also missing about 75% of the textures and items in the game, my maps and gameplay look like something out of 1997. I saw SLI was having problems but I have AMD cards. I guess I could disable crossfire and see what happens.

The game is running flawless for me. I had good performance before the patch and now it's much better. I get steadier frames with 331.93 drivers. I do have to check whether or not the sound loop bug is gone when playing Siege of Shanghai.

I'm having a blast with this game and it runs perfectly on my system. I'm also eating my BF4-branded Slim Jims while playing 64 player Operation Locker getting 30+ kills a round with my M320 while using 200% XP boost and leveling up every other round on my steady march straight to cardiac arrest.

Works fine for me. I have had 3 or 4 crashes in 70hrs of play, damn fun game worth every penny. Runs great, looks great, plays great.

Crossfire and sli still broken? Haven't logged in yet, stuck at work. :mad:

SLI was functional for me (except for some performance gripes) until this last patch; Texture flickering... texture flickering everywhere!

One step forward, two steps back.

SLI was functional for me (except for some performance gripes) until this last patch; Texture flickering... texture flickering everywhere!

One step forward, two steps back.

Same with my setup. I went into the nvidia control panel and turned off sli rendering mode, and switched it back to single gpu for the bf4 profile. The flickering went away on all maps.

do you think a slim jim will outlast a twinkie?

I dl the 900meg patch and while loading the map it says you don't have the latest Nvidia drives and suggested I quit the game.
IF you proceed you will not be able to see some of the great things we have done. oh wait thats by design lol

beside one server failing to connect me when I initially tried-----I had a pretty smooth night tonight. No visual glitches, minimal lag/hit detection issues.

BUT I still have a huge problem with enemies killing me when they have 1 health. It seems like they need to up all weapon damage very slightly or implement a "round up" equation on damage so that if someone ends up with 1 health after a bullet hits them, they should just drop dead. because I hurt enemies down to 1 health A LOT. Often it ends up in kill trading (we both kill eachother). But it also often ends up a situation where I get the jump on them, but they whip around and kill me in one or two bullets. with them still standing, on one health. Regenerating health just makes it all even worse.

I don't get how some people can have a completely smooth experience and others get nothing but server connection crashes and game freezes every game.

And before this last patch I hadn't crashed like a month.

I don't get how DICE could release a patch that basically breaks SLi and CF for everybody using it.
That is a LOT of gamers. How long for a fix DICE?

I have had great luck with the game up until now.

I don't get how some people can have a completely smooth experience and others get nothing but server connection crashes and game freezes every game.

And before this last patch I hadn't crashed like a month.

This is one of the main reasons Developers love consoles - all of us have slightly different variations in our rigs

I wonder if they snuck some fixes in today, with the opening of China Rising to all players. I played a lot today and had ZERO issues. Friends I played with had issues getting into one server, but that was it for their own issues.

DICE's beta testers must all be running the exact same configuration of systems and that's how the flicker-fest managed to make it through...

Yeah, damn that teamwork mechanic, damn it all to hell ;)

Hard to have teamwork in a pub. Too many times a dominate pilot has ruled the entire map. I'm sure if you play with friends it can be easier. One on one vs a good pilot and you have little chance.

^ Typical gamerkid mentality found on the Battlelog forums, sadly. And yet I wasn't even talking about Scouts, which yes, could stand to have their repair speed reduced and I hope DICE considers it because they are able to tank far beyond the Scout's intended role. I'm talking about Attack Heli's which are dead in the water right now because of a cheap mechanic that literally only requires a LMB click to make an AH flip over while its still taking off, and the MAA can do so hiding in its base next to the stationary AA where its untouchable.

I happen to play pretty much everything in terms of vehicles and roles, but I think its a shame when something is broken, not viable and can't assist the team. There's this thing called a middle ground.

I am no kid. And I've never been to those forums.

Oh no, you can't fly around all map and destroy everything without worry of taking harm? Whatever will you do. Boats are the same way, have two Engineers repairing them and they're virtually unstoppable. Unless the driver is silly enough to sit still and someone snipes them.

The fact is, air vehicles have been far too dominate in previous games. And my resentment still carries over. There is next to zero chance of getting any teamwork to take out a really good jet pilot. With unlimited ammo and auto repairing planes it is just stupid. I have been spamming the hell out of Stingers lately. It is also infuriating that a direct hit of a RPG doesn't take out a helo. It should no matter what, if they're stupid enough to fly low or hover and get hit, then they should all die on it.

As much as I hate this part of the game. The idiotic blinding of the sun is still my biggest gripe. It doesn't work that way irl. For a game touting realism, this aspect is not even close. On Paracel Storm, the sun is behind a huge black cloud, yet still blinds players from all over the map. I want to strangle the dev who made this happen.

Yeah I'm bitter, get over it. ;)

I don't mind the teamwork repairing on vehicles, I just think that the repairing should require the vehicle be stationary. Heli should be landed with the engineer out of it doing the repairs. Just like tanks need to be repaired from the outside. You almost need 2-3 people spamming stingers to bring down a heli. Hit, repair, IR smoke, hit, repair, IR smoke, hit, repair, IR smoke .......It's a fucking helicopter. One hit from a stinger should make it damn near useless.

/rant

I don't mind the teamwork repairing on vehicles, I just think that the repairing should require the vehicle be stationary.

This makes every vehicle a sitting duck, since the only time it would need to be repaired is if it was significantly harmed.

Anyone remember how Blackhawks were at the beginning of BF2? Load 6 people in there and it's a flying fortress that just runs around capping flags and mowing down anyone/anything in its path.

The scouts in BF4 aren't quite as ridiculous but I think something should be done about repair time or repair efficiency. I will admit, however, that I, too, have tasted the beast that is the unstoppable scout chopper team. While fun, it almost seems unfair.

Another oddity is the reduced deaths from attack choppers. I've been killed by an attack chopper maybe a total of 5 times since I picked up BF4. That's just downright wacky. In BF2/3 I was always aware of where the attack choppers were. Now they're an afterthought. I worry about the scouts now.

To be fair, a lot of people with problems are running Win 7, OC CPU and GPU to death. This game was clearly only tested on Win8 has i never had any huge.. issue with it. My CPU and GPU aren't OC'd at all (my GPU is an OC version by default and i didn't OC'd it further)

Also, one of my friend had trouble, but he had so many malware in he's machine that it affected he's gameplay...

The latest patch didn't bring one or two new bug tought..

DICE's beta testers must all be running the exact same configuration of systems and that's how the flicker-fest managed to make it through...

My guess is that they don't bother testing SLI/XFIRE much since it's a niche market. So you guys are testing it for them..

This makes every vehicle a sitting duck, since the only time it would need to be repaired is if it was significantly harmed.

Yeah, and? Can you repair a tank while it's moving from the inside? No. You need to stop, get out and repair the damn thing. Sitting duck. Meanwhile, these yahoo's are flying around repairing a freaking heli while it's airborne. I say make them land and have the engineer repair it from the outside.

Back