Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

A whole clip of Type-88 LMG?

I see what you did there. Seriously though, the Type-88 has helped me through those times you come around a corner and jump 5 guys who have no idea you are there. You just start throwing 6-8 round bursts and hope you come out on top.

Got to play a full match yesterday! Woooo!!!

Then onto the next match, it just sits at the blinking white light on the top right...

the game can be sensitive i know the calculator in windows 8 will cause maps not to load. and sit at the white blinking light top right

Played for three hours last night and not a single CTD. Ton's of fun and I unlocked the FAMAS. Dear lord that thing recoils more than a goat on a redneck honeymoon.

I got locked up, had to end task to get out of it. Do I get credit for my stats after this? I was actually doing ok for a change, and was using a 25% boost.

Alright, I am going to say this one fucking time, ITS NOT A FUCKING CLIP, ITS A MAGAZINE.

Yeah, I know that HC doesn't have hit markers. My problem is happening in normal servers.

I don't recall ever having this issue in normal servers. I usually play HC but occasionally I do play regular. Did you get any hit registers after he dies? Like all at once? Maybe it was a lag spike.

Yeah, I know that HC doesn't have hit markers. My problem is happening in normal servers.

Our clients here glitch out once in a while and don't give names or hit markers in normal servers, but it typically goes away on its own or on the next map. Are you saying you aren't getting hit markers ever?

if your hitmarkers go away in a normal server it happens to me, hold Q to com rose and it will fix the hit marker issue

I give up, I keep locking up. I am about to punch my screen. I am usually very even tempered... but 4 in an hour, and I'm done.

Unfortunate that EA/DICE get all the blame for frequent crashes when crappy Nvidia drivers are to blame too. BF3 didn't stabilize on Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit until driver version 331.65. Still waiting for fix for BF4.

Unfortunate that EA/DICE get all the blame for frequent crashes when crappy Nvidia drivers are to blame too. BF3 didn't stabilize on Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit until driver version 331.65. Still waiting for fix for BF4.
I don't think the NVIDIA drivers are the problem. I am on Win8.1 and I get client crashes, not DirectX/display driver crashes.

Does anyone know if progression is shared between PC and PS4/Xbox one? I am thinking about buying BF4 for PS4 or Xbox One and I dont really want to start all over again.

I don't think the NVIDIA drivers are the problem. I am on Win8.1 and I get client crashes, not DirectX/display driver crashes.

I got frequent BF3 client crashes until driver 331.65 but this version suffers from in-game flickering. 331.82 suffers from video stutter. Testing 331.93 beta I'm sure there an issue lurking to be discovered. Nvidia drivers are crap.

I got frequent BF3 client crashes until driver 331.65 but this version suffers from in-game flickering. 331.82 suffers from video stutter. Testing 331.93 beta I'm sure there an issue lurking to be discovered. Nvidia drivers are crap.

Honestly I dont think anyone is doing well with BF4 right now. My brand new CF 290s gets crapped on by BF4. After fixing the throttling the GPU usage in BF4 is all over the place and I get massive stuttering until I die and then its ok and it will pop up randomly again.

I cannot get a kill with the bomber to save my life. It's so annoying.

It's real easy. The bomber doesn't drop bombs, it launches missiles.

Use the camera on the bomber to spot targets. Use right click to zoom in on an area and start spamming Q key.

Best targets are hordes of infantry and camping tanks...especially the AA that people tend to camp near base. Watch the flags too, if you see one being contested, odds are its full of targets. Once you find your target, anticipate about a 5 second flight time for the missile, so you have to guess where they will be at that time. Its got a big blast radius like a commander's cruise missile and you have about 10 missiles, so don't worry about being too accurate and send multiple missiles at targets (space them out).

You only have 4 at a time before it reloads, not 10. The JDAMs have minimal results versus infantry but are very effective against tanks. Bring up the map as soon as you get in the bomber and look for clumped up vehicles at a chokepoint or contested flag. While the bomber can't speed up or slow down, you can make it veer left or right, so be sure to use that in conjunction with targets on the map. Unlocking the cruise missile will drastically increase the effectiveness of bomber strikes. It's pretty goddamn incredible, particularly when you clear out an entire area with a single strike

It's real easy. The bomber doesn't drop bombs, it launches missiles.

Use the camera on the bomber to spot targets. Use right click to zoom in on an area and start spamming Q key.

Best targets are hordes of infantry and camping tanks...especially the AA that people tend to camp near base. Watch the flags too, if you see one being contested, odds are its full of targets. Once you find your target, anticipate about a 5 second flight time for the missile, so you have to guess where they will be at that time. Its got a big blast radius like a commander's cruise missile and you have about 10 missiles, so don't worry about being too accurate and send multiple missiles at targets (space them out).

How do you spawn in it? Like the AC-130 in BF3?

Our clients here glitch out once in a while and don't give names or hit markers in normal servers, but it typically goes away on its own or on the next map. Are you saying you aren't getting hit markers ever?
It's random. I'll get them for a while and then they'll go away. I get them more than I don't, but every so often I'll shoot and get none, but still get the kill.

if your hitmarkers go away in a normal server it happens to me, hold Q to com rose and it will fix the hit marker issue

I'll try this next time it happens.

How do you spawn in it? Like the AC-130 in BF3?
No. There is a brownish tan trailer with a spinning satellite dish on it at one of the contested points on the map (usually near middle). Go up to it and type "E" to enter it. Your team must first own the point, and it must have a jet bomber looking white icon on it on the map otherwise it is on cooldown (about 2-3 minutes).

You only have 4 at a time before it reloads, not 10. The JDAMs have minimal results versus infantry but are very effective against tanks. Bring up the map as soon as you get in the bomber and look for clumped up vehicles at a chokepoint or contested flag. While the bomber can't speed up or slow down, you can make it veer left or right, so be sure to use that in conjunction with targets on the map. Unlocking the cruise missile will drastically increase the effectiveness of bomber strikes. It's pretty goddamn incredible, particularly when you clear out an entire area with a single strike
I guess its 8 total missiles then, with an extremely short reload between the 4 and you can launch all 8 in one pass. I knew it was a fairly large number. I usually get 2-3 kills in a pass with it by putting about 3 missile strikes on or near each camping tank/AA.

That's like going from driving an AMG to driving a Kia. Enjoy!

More accurately, it's like going from a Fix Or Repair Daily to a Kia assuming it's mostly reliable. PC version crashes in-game randomly whereas PS4 was only crashing during save status/profile which is a lot less often and even less so after the last couple of patches.

Last edited:
Honestly I dont think anyone is doing well with BF4 right now. My brand new CF 290s gets crapped on by BF4. After fixing the throttling the GPU usage in BF4 is all over the place and I get massive stuttering until I die and then its ok and it will pop up randomly again.

I'm doing great on a single 7870. performance is very good and consistant. My only issues are that shadows/lighting on pretty far away objects flickers (but that could be a problem with how the engine is coded for LOD). and at the dam map, if I get behind the crashed semi truck on it's side and try to look out, between the trailer and the truck itself, most of the game objects like buildings and cover walls dissappear. So I just see barren land geometry.

I was running the beta 9.4 and then changed to the 9.5. performance and noted issues have been the same for me.

*BF4 also seems to use less ram, than BF3 did.

Does SMAA work with BF4?
Yes. there is a special beta version of Sweetfx that is working for 64 bit.

on a somewhat related note, I haven't been able to get MSI Afterburner to display anything while playing BF4. with or without Sweetfx running. *and that's because Afterburner doesn't support 64 bit, yet. apparently next month will be the first beta release.

Last edited:
Anyone know if it is possible to use another person's save file for the single player? I am crash now on the fifth mission every time I am supposed to get in the tank.

I'm only on the standard edition, and man, the premium players are destroying me with some of the weapons from China Rising.

Its not like the 5 weapons in the addon are any better than the default ones.

That new map, something Peaks, is rather demanding. The outside of the cave brings me down to 36 frame rates even if I am the only one in sight. :(

Back