Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

Having a blast in the Attack Helicopter Air Superiority (Guilin Peaks). Dominate every single round, good times. Way more fun than jet superiority, more teamwork and watching teammates' backs. May post a video showing how its done and how to rack up kills.

Last edited:
I ctd maybe 1 per 2 or 3 days (play once a day from 7pm to 10pm approximately, not everyday tought). Been like this since launch. Server crash happen way less often too, it's very rare now

I ctd maybe 1 per 2 or 3 days (play once a day from 7pm to 10pm approximately, not everyday tought). Been like this since launch. Server crash happen way less often too, it's very rare now

things to try:
Play as admin, using the 64 bit client(exe), make sure punkbuster is updated, have to do this manually.
also, case is well ventillated and nothing is overheating?

I'm only a 22 so far (only been playing a few days) but again. like BF3, the ACR-W is my favorite gun.

I just unlocked the heavy barrel for it and immediately took it off since it seemed to mess it instead of help.

Have you guys noticed that for friendlies it takes some time for the name to appear above their heads? It's hard to tell sometimes whether they are friend or foe.

Second, is anyone noticing the multiple kill assignment not clearing? I already got the M-TAR, but it still shows up?

Have you guys noticed that for friendlies it takes some time for the name to appear above their heads? It's hard to tell sometimes whether they are friend or foe.

Second, is anyone noticing the multiple kill assignment not clearing? I already got the M-TAR, but it still shows up?

You must be on HardCore servers. I agree with this statement though. HardCore is usually all I do, and the names sometimes take just a little too long to pop up. On non-hardcore servers the name triangle is always up so it's not really a problem. Plus there is no friendly fire on non-hardcore servers.

Honestly though, I could live with it the way it is. It would be nice to have the name pop up as soon as my sight hits their body, but the delay is livable. It would definitely cut back on the teamkilling if it came up immediately though.

This shit really fucking pisses me off on hardcore servers, you cant freaking tell if they are a teammate or not and literally have to wait 2-3 fucking seconds to make sure you dont team kill them. It's even better with recons putting C4 on your vehicle, and you are afraid to kill them in fear of a team kill/punish kill until you get instagibbed by the c4 blowing up. Not sure if this is how it is supposed to be, but it was never like that in BF3.

The netcode is hilarious at times. Last night I got killed by a guy that I had just killed. Not a tenth of a second after in one of those "double kill" scenarios, no. I didn't even get hit by his first bullet until *after* I had been awarded points for killing him. I couldn't figure out where I was being shot from until I died and it showed me who killed me. I tried getting it on shadowplay but for some reason it didn't feel like capturing my gameplay last night.

I'm glad I'm not the only only one. I'm still hardwired from FF-on match servers to not shoot until I'm sure and clearly does me no favors. There are also times I swear the blue/red bug is back as well.

yeah the one hardcore game I played -- I noticed there was some freaky delay on the "friend or foe". and it really threw off my game.

You hesitate even for 1/10th of a second to check and they got the drop on you.

This shit really fucking pisses me off on hardcore servers, you cant freaking tell if they are a teammate or not and literally have to wait 2-3 fucking seconds to make sure you dont team kill them. It's even better with recons putting C4 on your vehicle, and you are afraid to kill them in fear of a team kill/punish kill until you get instagibbed by the c4 blowing up. Not sure if this is how it is supposed to be, but it was never like that in BF3.

Being a gunner on a tank is the worse. I won't be a gunner anymore if I am playing on a HC server. I sure hope this is on DICE's list of things to fix. This shit needs to be addressed quickly.

yeah the one hardcore game I played -- I noticed there was some freaky delay on the "friend or foe". and it really threw off my game.

You hesitate even for 1/10th of a second to check and they got the drop on you.

I noticed it too. I wish HC servers would just turn off FF until it's address.

Having a blast in the Attack Helicopter Air Superiority (Guilin Peaks). Dominate every single round, good times. Way more fun than jet superiority, more teamwork and watching teammates' backs. May post a video showing how its done and how to rack up kills.

I'd like to see this!

I don't play hardcore. I think it's garbage.

Agreed. It's not good and it splits the community. The HC community tends to cater to those who can't aim very good anymore and don't want to learn to burst fire or follow their target so they play a game mode where they don't have to do this -- this was the gist of a conversation I had with some people I know that only play HC.

I swear active protection doesnt work half the time either. Ill hear the lock on from a jet, then the quick beeping that they fired, ill hit active protection, 2-3 sec later the missiles hit and critical damage my tank.

Stability was much better today than yesterday. Only one crash in several rounds today. Perhaps tomorrow it will be worse again? :confused: I did notice a new Battlelog plugin today if that had anything to do with it.

And the ACE 52 CQB or whatever is beast.

Or we play HC because unloading a clip into a guy does not kill him in softcore...

This is what I hear mainly from those that play HC -- they always say this. I hear "I can not aim properly nor follow a target so I play a game type that allows me to not have to do any of that". Myself and the vast majority do not have this problem. I kill multiple targets with a single clip all the time. You know you have to burst fire and not hold down the left-mouse button right?

This is what I hear mainly from those that play HC -- they always say this. I hear "I can not aim properly nor follow a target so I play a game type that allows me to not have to do any of that". Myself and the vast majority do not have this problem. I kill multiple targets with a single clip all the time. You know you have to burst fire and not hold down the left-mouse button right?

Eh that's not really the problem. The problem is inherent issues with the game code. I can't tell you how many times someone I was shooting, clearly shooting, hit registers and all, didn't die when they should have. Netcode, lag, whatever, it's bullshit most of the time.

Not to mention all the times I should have been shooting someone but for some reason the bullets didn't register.

At least I'm not the only one having problems with the names appearing slow. I tried to play HC and it made it impossible.

Does anyone else have problems with hit markers not showing up ? I'll be shooting and won't get hit markers, but my gun is doing damage because I'll get the kill.

Or we play HC because unloading a clip into a guy does not kill him in softcore...

This. I can't stand that. Especially because the hit detection isn't all that great. If I hit someone in the head they should be dead. And you can't get the drop on 3-4 people as you'll run out of ammo before you can kill them all.

Also, there is a magazine system now in hard core. Better than the magical ammo pool.

Though on vehicle based maps I always play regular mode.

Eh that's not really the problem. The problem is inherent issues with the game code. I can't tell you how many times someone I was shooting, clearly shooting, hit registers and all, didn't die when they should have. Netcode, lag, whatever, it's bullshit most of the time.

Not to mention all the times I should have been shooting someone but for some reason the bullets didn't register.

Yeah the game does have its moments when it get bogged down. But for the most part I have no problem killing people -- now crashing is a different story. HC is and always has been a crutch gameplay for those that shouldn't be playing the game anymore/in the first place. If you have to play a gametype where sneezing on the opponent is a logical approach to killing someone then you should consider playing a different game. I mean holy shit it already easy as hell and more CODLIKE than ever to kill someone what else do you fucking need? A sign? Oh there is that too by pressing 'q'. This game is so fucking retarded easy. It is less competitive than COD. I don't understand what players want anymore from a FPS game. No recoil, vehicles that are overpowered as shit, guns that 1 shot kill and a mode where a bowl of chicken noodle soup thrown on a tank can blow up the fucking map and restart the round. Really? They have already made BF4 as COD as it can get. This is why I play mostly CS.

HC is and always has been a crutch gameplay for those that shouldn't be playing the game anymore/in the first place.

Lolwut? HC is usually played because people can't stand the noob friendliness of the current popular style. There's no 3dspotting, there's often no HUD, no health regen for people/vehicle. No hipfiring crosshairs. Less ammo (no ammo pool).

Softcore is for people who like the COD run and gun can't die approach. Hard core is more akin to how BF42 and BF2 were. It's much harder to be good in HC than the easy mode SC. The whole reason they created softcore was to appeal to the masses that didn't like the difficulty of the original game(s).

Lolwut? HC is usually played because people can't stand the noob friendliness of the current popular style. There's no 3dspotting, there's often no HUD, no health regen for people/vehicle. No hipfiring crosshairs.

Softcore is for people who like the COD run and gun can't die approach. Hard core is more akin to how BF42 and BF2 were. It's much harder to be good in HC than easy mode SC.

No. No not really. HC is all about people that can not aim -- by the plethora of people that say " but, but I put an entire fucking clip in this guy and he didn't die!!!!". No you suck so you play HC, period.

What really is a shame is that it does split the community. 20% of the community plays HC -- those that can't aim for shit.

No. No not really. HC is all about people that can not aim -- by the plethora of people that say " but, but I put an entire fucking clip in this guy and he didn't die!!!!". No you suck so you play HC, period.

What really is a shame is that it does split the community. 20% of the community plays HC -- those that can't aim for shit.

That's some stupid shit you're saying right there. :p

Some people play HC because they don't need orange enemy icons doing their half their work for them while they play.

That's some stupid shit you're saying right there. :p

Some people play HC because they don't need orange enemy icons doing their half their work for them while they play.

Of course there are some people that play it for whatever reason. But the number 1 reason I have had people tell me they play HC is that " it takes a whole clip to kill someone." Which is exactly what two different people in this same page of this thread said. No one but yourself has said otherwise. That's user error ffs. This is what is getting terrible about FPS games now -- adhering to the lowest common denominator. Why do you think this game will be dead in 8 months and CSGO will still be going strong?

Of course there are some people that play it for whatever reason. But the number 1 reason I have had people tell me they play HC is that " it takes a whole clip to kill someone." Which is exactly what two different people in this same page of this thread said. No one but yourself has said otherwise. That's user error ffs. This is what is getting terrible about FPS games now -- adhering to the lowest common denominator. Why do you think this game will be dead in 8 months and CSGO will still be going strong?

No, that is your opinion. Actually the normal mode has handicaps:

- No mag system.

- Team identifying name tags which appear at absurd distances.

- No need for fire discipline.

- Position yourself poorly? Get shot 3 times, run into cover. Heal without a medkit. More stupid errors allowed.

- More HUD junk. Because you're too dumb to learn how many rounds your mag holds and can't remember to reload when you think you're running dry so you need an ammo counter.

Plenty of reasons to like HC even though it is less forgiving. Though the HUD should be a situational HUD and shameless rip off RO1 as they got it right damn near a decade ago. But that is another topic itself.

For vehicles I don't play HC because they do not allow external views. The view controls you get are pretty bad in the internal views, especially the fighters in which your character leans forward and places their face inches from the HUD. Just too much lacking and external views need to be used to make up for it. If they changed that I might play exclusively HC.

I got an even better one :p

Patrick-Bach-from-Dice-Kicked-from-BF4-Server.jpg

Dice-Executive-Producer-Patrick-Bach-Kicked-from-BF4-Server.jpg

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/a...battlefield-4s-executive-producer-from-server

Downloaded the update and DLC the other day and just went to play for the first time last night. Wasn't Metro supposed to be part of this expansion?

At least I'm not the only one having problems with the names appearing slow. I tried to play HC and it made it impossible.

Does anyone else have problems with hit markers not showing up ? I'll be shooting and won't get hit markers, but my gun is doing damage because I'll get the kill.

HC doesn't show hit registers.

Back