Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

Even after the patch that supposedly addressed netcode issues, I still find the netcode to be pretty lousy. I've been playing TDM and Domination because I prefer good old run 'n gun. There's just a lot of dying behind cover, etc. Not sure how much more time I want to spend on BF4 multi :(

TBH, I've been having a lot more fun with Killzone MP on PS4.

Heh netcode has always been the weak point of DICE. BF3 was totally unplayable for me during beta and first years. I remember sneaking up on players, starting to shoot at their heads touching range only to have them wonder whats going on, turn around and kill me with 1 hit. Now it's barely acceptable on best days.

I will buy BF4 when it hits the 15 euro price mark, not a cent before. Tried the beta - same crap as BF3 with fancyer maps.

If you mean drivers, I'm using those and only experiencing a crash every 4 hours or so. Def a game crash tho, nothing to do w/ the GPU.

HAS ANYONE TESTED BF4 AND RAM SPEED? I want to feel more justified in my 2400mhz upgrade 8)

Also, did anyone lose a ton of FPS with the latest nVidia driver? I have 780 SLI and lost about 20fps across the board at 1440p.

Not to mention not being able to play at all since all the games close on me before I get to play.

HAS ANYONE TESTED BF4 AND RAM SPEED? I want to feel more justified in my 2400mhz upgrade 8)

Also, did anyone lose a ton of FPS with the latest nVidia driver? I have 780 SLI and lost about 20fps across the board at 1440p.

Not to mention not being able to play at all since all the games close on me before I get to play.
My performance increased with the new drivers. 780 SLi here as well.

I feel like I must be lucky or something - in nearly 34 hours of playing I have either had the server go down or my client crash a total of five times or so? Not exactly a bug free experience overall, but it hasn't been bad. I haven't had any complaints really over hit registration either, but I guess I haven't held things under a microscope. Sucks for all that are having issues though!

welcome to the world of ruined franchises and shitty modern games?

If EA could move DICE to China and have a sweatshop full of coding toddlers do the programming, they would, just to save a buck and get more profit.

Some companies do not have core values that are universal for the entire organization, so they're run like horrible crap.

I feel like I must be lucky or something - in nearly 34 hours of playing I have either had the server go down or my client crash a total of five times or so? Not exactly a bug free experience overall, but it hasn't been bad. I haven't had any complaints really over hit registration either, but I guess I haven't held things under a microscope. Sucks for all that are having issues though!

My game has improved quite a bit recently. I have done all of the tweaks I can find and am staying on top of punkbuster updates. I still get game freezes on map changes and long load times occasionally. At least it doesn't crash mid round anymore. So improvements but the game is still far from finished. The audio cut out bug on some maps is horrendous.

Damn, I should have waiting until Friday to buy this I guess. Bought a copy on ebay over the weekend for $40.

Played it last night a bit and was worried I have issues but didn't experience any crashes in 4 hours of play. Was scared to upgrade my drivers from 314.22 to 331.82 because I was stable using those with my pair of GTX570s I've had since new.

Upgraded though and haven't had any issues yet....knock on wood.

Lol, you are NASTY w/ that thing!

So yeah, just tried Lightboost...O M G ! ! !

Gonna try to make a little video comparing my old IPS and the TE.

Holy shit, MTAR-21 is a god damned monster at close range. Better than AEK-971 because it reloads faster, better than ACW for both ROF and faster reloads.
At close range, its like having a fucking 50 foot lightsaber bayonet on the end of the gun...it cuts through everyone. However, YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE SOME ATTACHMENTS TO DEAL WITH ERRATIC RECOIL otherwise it is absolutely worthless for anything other than 5 feet from you. You also must play it with support class because you will eat through ammo like nothing else.

-Laser sight for occasional hip fire engagements
-Stubby or potato grip (both do exactly the same)
-Compensator
-Any low magnification sight since you won't be hitting anything long range with it.

With this combo, I can full auto anyone 50 meters or less, and burst fire up to 100 meters if necessary. Sure there will be some vertical recoil left, but it is easily managed and nothing like the ACE52 CQB or M240B. If you are consistently doing middle or long range engagements use another weapon. At the longer ranges, sometimes its just really good at adding suppressive fire so your teammates can shoot them instead. I have scared some people shitless with the amount of rounds this thing can throw their way. I have steered a few people straight into traps also.

i haven't played in a few days... 30 minutes in and the game already crashed.... FNICE !!!!!

Hyperthreading is fine - core parking was messing me up.

I think if you're on the high performance power plan you're fine from the start.

I never had an issue with core parking, and I have always used balanced since Vista. Matter of fact I am actually puzzled that others do have an issue. It makes me wonder where the problem truly is (most likely BIOS options not properly selected and complaint drivers). Because, I can say that it is not with core parking itself, nor hyperthreading.

What irritates me most of all is the misinformation concerning the subject matter. So here is a link if anyone wants to actually become knowledge about core parking: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windows/hardware/gg566941.aspx

I would at times watch through Task Manager and at times System Resources to see the cores become "unparked" and utilized to proper scale of usage. My theory is that it may be, at least somewhat, due to particular BIOS/EFI settings for C-states and processor power management, and also ACPI settings if enabled, or if even available by motherboard vendor. Which are often just usually neglected or disabled when people overclock. Many leave firmware settings at default and are ignorant of the BIOS/EFI settings too.

I have 0 issues with stuttering on my 3570k at 4.5. I still did the core parking tweak to see what happened. Nothing happened. All power saving features are off in my BIOS. That it probably why I have 0 issues.
I'm too lazy to go back and change the registry though. So I'll leave it alone and play.

I get like 40-50 FPS on my 7950 Xfire config in Dawnbreaker. Anyone else's FPS tank on that level? usually I can maintain 60+ and a lot of times 80-90

What irritates me most of all is the misinformation concerning the subject matter. So here is a link if anyone wants to actually become knowledge about core parking: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windows/hardware/gg566941.aspx
I will check BIOS and disable some C-states and put the registry back (I don't like registry mods) but I can confirm that modifying the registry definately fixed the predictable, consistent stutter every 1.5 seconds or so.

Lately the game has been very stable. After the R12 update, I only ever encountered on conquest server that had some lag issues. More often than not, things have been very stable.

Once they release the patch for client side fixes, I would be very happy with the game.

also, no they did not fix the emp/blur/static bug. I believe that is going to be in the next patch.

I will check BIOS and disable some C-states and put the registry back (I don't like registry mods) but I can confirm that modifying the registry definately fixed the predictable, consistent stutter every 1.5 seconds or so.

Does the "high performance/always on" power profile in W7 not fix the stutter? Because it certainly disables dynamic changes of processor speed/power usage. On my AMD Phenom II X6 system, I can watch it change, with CPU-Z open. whereas with the "high performance" setting, the processor is always pegged in megahertz and voltage.

I'm going to try the game again today. Hopefully I won't get a crash.

I've been having really good luck the past week or so. No crashes and the memory leak bug seems to be fixed for me. Game is running like a champ, actually. Hopefully you'll have the same success.

I've been having really good luck the past week or so. No crashes and the memory leak bug seems to be fixed for me. Game is running like a champ, actually. Hopefully you'll have the same success.

Nothing to do with luck, the server-side issues that were the root cause of a lot of the common crashes have been getting patched behind the scenes -- server side is already up to Revision12. These usually happen late at night (1 or 2am PST)

I have no more crashes either since at least a week.

Nothing to do with luck, the server-side issues that were the root cause of a lot of the common crashes have been getting patched behind the scenes -- server side is already up to Revision12. These usually happen late at night (1 or 2am PST)

I have no more crashes either since at least a week.
I've been waiting for the bugs to be ironed out before purchasing. Is now finally the time to jump in?

Not sure if there's a perfect time to jump in -- depends on your expectations. if you haven't ever played a Battlefield game there's going to be an adjustment period and a learning curve and some frustration. There may still be the occasional crashes.

If I had been hibernating in a cave and didn't already own it then I'd be jumping in now because A) most of the initial launch pains have been dealt with and B) the first expansion is about to release, and these maps really look great I think. FWIW I'm a sucker for jungle maps and really liked BFBC2's Vietnam expansion, which there are some hints of in China Rising.

The embargo for press to release gameplay footage is December 3, however Gamespot jumped the gun and posted them a week early, they were pulled within 20 min but someone managed to create mirrors, here they are for your enjoyment, I expect them to be nuked by EA within the day so might want to hurry.

Guilin Peaks
http://youtu.be/PcOgDdq9cnI

Silk Road
http://youtu.be/JNLB5On0tyM

Dragon Pass
http://youtu.be/7CJioVGeC2s

Altai Range
http://youtu.be/8-DAR3HVJxM

Last edited:
FWIW I'm a sucker for jungle maps and really liked BFBC2's Vietnam expansion, which there are some hints of in China Rising.
YES! Me too.

Watched the videos yesterday and I can't wait to go on a rampage in the jungles. The jungle maps look more interesting than the others but overall, they seem okay. Looking forward to playing on them.

FWIW I'm a sucker for jungle maps and really liked BFBC2's Vietnam expansion, which there are some hints of in China Rising.

yeah the videos do have a BC2:Vietnam vibe to them. looks fun as hell. come on december 3rd.

Back