Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

Unlocked the MTAR-21. It's similar to what it was in BF3, a hipfire bullet hose.

hmmm...will china rising be a bunch of close quarters maps?

Not going by the footage they've released...

Remember, just because a weapon comes with DLC doesn't mean it was designed for that DLC. BF3's Close Quarters weapons were actually not great for those maps, for the most part.

I mostly played rush in BF3 and BC2 and loved it. there was a lot of push and pull battles and it seemed pretty balanced on most maps. i feel pretty different about bf4 rush mode. it feels somewhat unbalanced and usually stacked in one teams favor. it generally feels like you either win by rolling the other team over completely or it is a super frustrating loss. anyone else feel the same way?

I feel the same... Myself I find too maps have too many tanks/vehicles LOL... I miss back to karkand BF3 maps already

Logged in to Origin, clicked on Bf4 to check out the new patch, to see if fixed my crashes ( I was having crashes constantly and the game was almost unplayable) and I get this:

SOMBfth.jpg

I am fucking pissed! WTF? I go to https://help.ea.com/contactus for support and guess what? It is down. EA and DICE can fucking die in a goddamn fire.

@naticus; And you have no idea how it happened? Is your soldier " NaticusLee " ?

I have no idea. Soldier was: nevernudechev . I can't acces Battlelog or the battlelog forums.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065218788627658/

No idea? Huh?

I had a feeling.. Love how he played all innocent too like "I have NO idea how this have happened!"

They dont just ban you from Battlelog for any mild flaming.. You have to seriously go out of your way to actually get banned. Meaning making death threats or - well what he wrote.

I was only looking for his battletag to see how it showed when you were banned, and it was the third result. Looks like he has been banned from Chaos Gaming servers for the same language back in BF3 days.

New weapons come from assignments (which are invisible on battlelog).

Seen two so far: A medic one that unlocks the L85A2
3x ribbons that I can't remember
1 Kill with the GL
1 Kill with the Defib
1 Kill with a Pistol

And one for the MP7 (engineer)
Get a kill with a mobile AA rocket
3x ribbon
Don't remember the rest :(

They are not listed in Battlelog yet. Hopefully they add that there so we know what to look for.

They are not listed in Battlelog yet. Hopefully they add that there so we know what to look for.

Well in fairness its placeholder content for DLC thats not even out yet. So yes have no fear they'll add them when the DLC is actually released.

Well in fairness its placeholder content for DLC thats not even out yet. So yes have no fear they'll add them when the DLC is actually released.

Interesting. When you say place holder, do you meant they will be updated or will we see entirely new things "officially" replace them in time?

I like some of the weapons and used them a lot in BF3, so I don't mind if they stay in forever. :) Would really like to see a Bradley and AH-64 come back though; perhaps in BF4's "Armored Kill" addon, assuming there is one which focuses on large vehicle battles.

Anyways, attempted to play this game again. Did rather well, got some unlocks. Had to deal with shots going past me, then 3 seconds later hear the "pew" and die. Okay, hit registration is shit. Get some unlocks (fuck this grind MMO bullshit). Game crashes. Unlocks gone. For fucks sake, it should be illegal to make a game with a fucking grind unless it is a faggot-fuck fest fantasy garbage MMO. Just give us the option to disable all that shit, and for those that like it... restrict their crap. You spend more time checking the fucking unlock page to see what you unlocked... only to unlock it again. Waiting for the magical beep, which may or may not come, and then repeat the dance all over. This isn't fun. I want to use my content, not play a fucking game within a game in a fucking struggle to unlock content I fucking paid for. I don't have fucking time to re-unlock every fucking thing all over again.

I am very tired of this nonsense. I would have stopped playing had I not blown money on it. I fail to see how they can, two weeks after release, can still not keep track of unlocks. Its fucking absurd. Fuck those worthless Swedish assholes. I hope EA fucks DICE hard in the near future; their incompetence is staggering. I won't stop complaining until they refund my money (which they ever will)... some extra compensation would be fair due to the waste of time spent on this cluster fuck.

Be warned, the game is a fucking turd and the developers stink just as much. Very unethical bunch; I guess I should not have expected much from a development team largely comprised of convicts and rift-raft. Don't buy it. The day DICE goes under will be a good fucking day. And one last time: Fuck DICE.

Last edited:
...rant...

You probably don't want to hear 'I told you so', but the writing was on the wall with this release. Based on everything I have read BF4 is a complete and utter clusterfuck and DICE's incompetence is beyond laughable. Glad I followed my gut by not wasting money on this monumental turd.

Wait they got your money what else do you want?

The hit detection is pure bs
unlocks and leveling are mind numbing
Some of the addons are the stupidest things I have ever seen written in anything I have ever read.
Yes a heavy barrel is this but you give up this and this..
All they did was make sure the heavy barrel addon from bf3 was now a joke.
9 foregrips, and X is better than Y because its a later unlock. HUH

like they said in BF2 its an arcade game NOT a simulator.
as far as blaming DICE for all this, how much of this was requested/demanded by EA.

WHATS REALLY A PISSER is clan servers...first day of launch the members were all high ranks.
seems that capture the flag worked great on a locked server, just sit in helo with what you need to level and rack up the unlocks.
So they were playing themselves and leveling and unlocking out the ass.

Last edited:
Would really like to see a Bradley and AH-64 come back though; perhaps in BF4's "Armored Kill" addon, assuming there is one which focuses on large vehicle battles.

There is no Armored Kill DLC. BF4's DLC is:

China Rising (maps set in China)
Second Assault (port of some popular BF3 content to BF4)
Naval Strike (water maps)
Dragon's Teeth (urban combat)
Final Stand (unknown)

Played a bit last night.. nice server... I did added to my favourites..

Anyway to increase it to 48-man server? ;)

Also maybe I was lucky but for the first time my BF4 did not crash (sound loop) last night, maybe the update did something... LOL

i have server up, 32-34man (depends on if i open spectator slots for players) small conquest except on Flood/locker those are large conquest maps.

server is located in Chicago.

WOPPIN Whore House: No Rules

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf...88c3-322aada4680b/WIPPN-Whore-House-No-Rules/

I had a feeling.. Love how he played all innocent too like "I have NO idea how this have happened!"

They dont just ban you from Battlelog for any mild flaming.. You have to seriously go out of your way to actually get banned. Meaning making death threats or - well what he wrote.

Hmm i'm banned from battlelog until December 12, 2013 because last December some guy on battlelog messenger texted me his home address and asked me to meet him in person for a fight (what a smart guy) ...so I took his address and posted it on the battlelog forums along with a google maps link in a thread asking people to mail him random garbage and pretend love letters so his wife suspects him of cheating. He then got all his fellow clan members and friends to report me to EA.

They banned my entire Origin account for that until I got on the phone with them and threatened to get my credit card company to do a chargeback for every single purchase. Still not sure why it was my fault..not like I phished his personal info for it, he openly gave me his address.

Anyway, anyone else notice after the latest patch the maps load faster now?

Not sure if it was the patch or a streak of awesome luck but I think maybe they improved the netcode or something because my KDR went from low 1.5 to 3-4 straight rounds of being well over 2 with a round in the 3:1 range. I AM getting old but when playing BF3 I was consistently right at the 2:1 threshold so its a shot to my ego to have been doing so poorly, lol. I have also been whoring the same server for the last week or so that has quite a few regular players that only runs Operation Locker so that accounts for some of the variables that could screw things up. All I know is last night I was screaming at my monitor a lot less, lol.

Only had one sound loop crash outta 10 games last night, everything is running good. I always load in 1st so unsure if the maps are loading faster or not.

I love having a fast raid SSD setup. It's awesome being able to get the good gun pickup off the ground before anyone else :D

Hmm i'm banned from battlelog until December 12, 2013 because last December some guy on battlelog messenger texted me his home address and asked me to meet him in person for a fight (what a smart guy) ...so I took his address and posted it on the battlelog forums along with a google maps link in a thread asking people to mail him random garbage and pretend love letters so his wife suspects him of cheating. He then got all his fellow clan members and friends to report me to EA.

They banned my entire Origin account for that until I got on the phone with them and threatened to get my credit card company to do a chargeback for every single purchase. Still not sure why it was my fault..not like I phished his personal info for it, he openly gave me his address.

Anyway, anyone else notice after the latest patch the maps load faster now?

LOL. What a tool. The guy, not you. The best part is all of his clan bro's went in on it. Show's how retarded kids are these days.

I don't like BF4. It looks nice, but I'd much rather get better performance.

The problem with these beautiful games is that "dumbing down the graphics" even a tad (for better performance) makes the game look like it was made in 1999.

Here's a question I'm hoping someone might know. So on my system I achieve the best performance when playing in window mode, i just maximize it. The options in BF4 setup are windowed, fullscreen and borderless, so of course I have window selected with the max resolution of my monitor. Whenever I start BF4, it starts up in a window about 1/4 the total size of my screen and I have to manually click the maximize button.

Is there a setting in the user.cfg file (or anywhere else) I could save that it would start up automatically maximized?

Played a bit last night.. nice server... I did added to my favourites..

Anyway to increase it to 48-man server? ;)

Also maybe I was lucky but for the first time my BF4 did not crash (sound loop) last night, maybe the update did something... LOL

we might increase it to a 48man server, but it costs more money so we need to make sure it stays populated so it will be worth it.

Not sure if it was the patch or a streak of awesome luck but I think maybe they improved the netcode or something because my KDR went from low 1.5 to 3-4 straight rounds of being well over 2 with a round in the 3:1 range. I AM getting old but when playing BF3 I was consistently right at the 2:1 threshold so its a shot to my ego to have been doing so poorly, lol. I have also been whoring the same server for the last week or so that has quite a few regular players that only runs Operation Locker so that accounts for some of the variables that could screw things up. All I know is last night I was screaming at my monitor a lot less, lol.

Interesting. My experience was the opposite.....until I started messing with the network smoothing. At 0 post-patch I was getting shot in the face before I even saw the other player and had a streak of massively negative runs. Put it at 50 and BAM back in positive territory.

So net-net no difference in the hit detection for me post-patch. Zero is unplayable and 50 is just about right.

hit detection felt better to me last night. i also moved network smoothing up from 0% to 20%.

Interesting. My experience was the opposite.....until I started messing with the network smoothing. At 0 post-patch I was getting shot in the face before I even saw the other player and had a streak of massively negative runs. Put it at 50 and BAM back in positive territory.

So net-net no difference in the hit detection for me post-patch. Zero is unplayable and 50 is just about right.

I actually haven't touched the network smoothing at all...where is the slider located at in the menu system and what value equals zero smoothing. My understanding is that smoothing will allow for more fluid movement of other characters but what you see isn't necessarily what is happening...so for example, getting shot after you think you've taken cover is more likely to happen. With no smoothing, things may get jerky but what you see is basically what you get...though you can still get shot in the face before you see the person rounding the corner.

Is there any official statements from DICE as to what moving the network smoothing bar in either direction does for your connection or is this just placebo effect...

Is there any official statements from DICE as to what moving the network smoothing bar in either direction does for your connection or is this just placebo effect...

I'd also like to see something, a guide even if it's just a rough guesstimate. For example....

If your ping to the server is between 0ms - 30ms, set it to X
If your ping to the server is between 31ms - 60ms, set it to Y
If between 61ms - 100ms, set to Z

and so on.

This is purely anecdotal but here is what I saw:

The slider is under "gameplay" in the options menu.
At 0 in a 60 ping server I was getting no hit indicator or hit indicators 3+ seconds after the enemy had visually gone down and I was credited on screen with the kill. Multiple instances of taking hits seconds after taking cover or dying the instant I saw the enemy model.

At 50 in the same 60 ping server everything was mostly back to normal.

YMMV but it seems to me to function as latency compensation, roughly equal to your ping to the server.

I don't like BF4. It looks nice, but I'd much rather get better performance.

The problem with these beautiful games is that "dumbing down the graphics" even a tad (for better performance) makes the game look like it was made in 1999.

Do you actually own the game?

DICE Notes:

3) Improve Network Smoothing
We have made some improvements to the ”Network Smoothing” functionality that you can find in the OPTIONS>GAMEPLAY menu. The Network Smoothing slider governs a group of settings that aim to produce a tighter multiplayer experience based on your specific packet loss situation.

If you’ve been experimenting with the Network Smoothing slider earlier, it might now yield better results. If you haven’t tried it before, please explore this setting and set it to the lowest value you can without experiencing graphical glitches in the game. By setting it lower, you can get a tighter multiplayer experience, depending on your specific network situation.

Man so much hate. I think you guys take things way too seriously. I play it for fun and to have fun with a squad mate. Are there annoying things? Sure. But it is fun as hell for me so I dont sweat it too much. Game crashes here and there? Yeah that happens sometimes. You guys every play DayZ? Now THAT is a turd (Yeah I know free mod, blah blah, apples oranges).

Cliffs: I enjoy it.

Man so much hate. I think you guys take things way too seriously. I play it for fun and to have fun with a squad mate. Are there annoying things? Sure. But it is fun as hell for me so I dont sweat it too much. Game crashes here and there? Yeah that happens sometimes. You guys every play DayZ? Now THAT is a turd (Yeah I know free mod, blah blah, apples oranges).

Cliffs: I enjoy it.

Shhhh, dont say that, this is real life we are talking about!!

Que
"I spent money on this it should work like i expect"

:D

Shhhh, dont say that, this is real life we are talking about!!

Que
"I spent money on this it should work like i expect"

:D

I've seen kiddies on battlelog making "I WANT MY ORIGIN REFUND" scream threads in all caps and you look and theyve got like 100+ hours in the game already (that's like 8hrs a day since the game released). Comedy.

I've seen kiddies on battlelog making "I WANT MY ORIGIN REFUND" scream threads in all caps and you look and theyve got like 100+ hours in the game already (that's like 8hrs a day since the game released). Comedy.

Refunds should be given for non-functional products regardless of how long it has been used. If I bought a car with a non-working engine and was told it would be fixed, but 1 year later still caught fire 1/4th the time I started it up I'd still want my refund.

Considering how much of a mess this piece of "entertainment" is, I don't blame them. Hell, I want a refund. There is nothing redeeming about this game from a fun perspective. The few things it has done okay have been done in countless games previously. But as a package, it is utter trash.

Refunds should be given for non-functional products regardless of how long it has been used. If I bought a car with a non-working engine and was told it would be fixed, but 1 year later still caught fire 1/4th the time I started it up I'd still want my refund.

Well the game's only been out 2 weeks. And it still doesn't explain how people are logging a hundred hours within 2 weeks -- like "It's so terrible I just can't stop playing!"

Considering how much of a mess this piece of "entertainment" is, I don't blame them. Hell, I want a refund. There is nothing redeeming about this game from a fun perspective. The few things it has done okay have been done in countless games previously. But as a package, it is utter trash.

Shhhh, entertainment software is special, stop being so entitled by thinking you deserve a working product in exchange for your money!

I think I set a record 2 hours no crash. I will say that when it resumes it is right where you left off. Lackluster game for sure. Graphics look nice though.

Back