Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

Shiz - so are you gaming now with cores unparked and HT off or did you leave it on? Curious if with both you saw even bigger results.

BTW - do you guys know if I reload with a half empty mag do I loose the bullets or is it like BF3 still? I could test tonight, but thought I ask.

If anyone wants to play with me/my clan members, add me on battlelog, Master_Pain. And shoot me a PM for our TS3 info. We're just going to invade servers, should be a hoot.

We just cancelled our BF4 server since it's pointless hosting an official server in BF4, but that's a topic for another thread....

I understand that, but BF4 keeps reminding me why I've given up playing this game. My win ratio is 11%. I know I'm not great, but I'm playing on 64 man servers, so I have a hard time believing that I'm the sole reason for my teams losses. The term objective seems a foreign concept to practically every game I've joined. The worst I've seen so far is the other team captured every objective and had us pinned to our spawn location in under 3 minutes in a round on Locker.

There's never any cover fire. God forbid someone understands what flanking is. Half the team is assault, yet no med pacs and no revives (the other half seems to be snipers who can't aim and don't spot nor laser designate). On most maps, I'm the sole person who's actually trying to bring down the choppers. I know teamwork exists, because it always seems to be on the other team, but there really needs to be team balance between rounds so my team isn't losing by 600+ game after game.

I know a player with 3500+ hours of playing time and 6 k/d ratio, he’s the most useless player I’ve seen, only a sniper, almost impossible to die, lowest SPM ever and scoring 2 or 3 kills in a 30 minutes round is all he wants.

He’s an extreme example but most of the useless players in a losing team are not actually useless and can play better but they’re trying to do what he’s doing.

Don’t give up playing the game or become like them (campers), switch teams if you can or better change the server.

(campers), switch teams if you can or better change the server.

The point of a sniper is too camp btw, not using the gun like a bloody assault rifle like everyone else...

The point of a sniper is too camp btw, not using the gun like a bloody assault rifle like everyone else...

The class is called recon, not sniper, for a reason. It's there to scout out the enemy and support squads by picking enemies off, not to pitch a tent at the spawn. You can also now equip the sniper with carbines, so the class is far more mobile than it was in BF3, and can actively participate in firefights. This is also why it has a short-range motion sensor, for use in actual firefights.

i've already had some 'jesus shit this is fun' times with the SRAW. i've taken out a few little birds with it which will put a smile on your face. i also launched a rocket directly through an enemy huey in one side and out the other. the 2 gunners in there probably puckered up a bit.

They've already put out like 5 server updates and have announced that the client update is coming "soon". The game has only been out a week lol. If anything they're doing a good job so far considering their track record with previous buggy releases. They still should have had better/earlier/more beta testing, no doubt, but they're not exactly screwing the pooch on this release either.

Good job so far?

How about you do a good job before releasing the game, considering they had a beta run as well,...

So COD Ghosts sold a billion $$ worth on day one. Anyone want to bet that BF5 has space levels and GoPro'd german shepherds?

EA, chasing the magical COD pipe.
The class is called recon, not sniper, for a reason. It's there to scout out the enemy and support squads by picking enemies off, not to pitch a tent at the spawn. You can also now equip the sniper with carbines, so the class is far more mobile than it was in BF3, and can actively participate in firefights. This is also why it has a short-range motion sensor, for use in actual firefights.

This. They've gone out of their way to make sniping harder. The scope glint in BF3 and now the smoke tracer in BF4. Couple that with 3d spotting and sitting around doing nothing becomes way less appealing.

Bingo!

90% CPU usage, 60% GPU usage in a video game. Sounds about right. Anyone know how I can get those usages to flip with one another. I have already done the 'core unparking' and tried different in-game settings.

Shiz - so are you gaming now with cores unparked and HT off or did you leave it on? Curious if with both you saw even bigger results.

BTW - do you guys know if I reload with a half empty mag do I loose the bullets or is it like BF3 still? I could test tonight, but thought I ask.
I left HT off, there was no difference between HT off and HT on with cores unparked. Now with HT on and cores 0,1,2 parked performance was terrible.

The only difference is that with HT off I'm able to achieve a higher OC so I can get more fps with HT off. 4.9ghz stable vs 4.70ghz prime stable.

Good job so far?

How about you do a good job before releasing the game, considering they had a beta run as well,...

Like I said, they should have done a better beta run. Maybe a little earlier than two weeks before launch with a build that wasn't forked months back, but what do I know. They're obviously listening now and fixing things within a reasonable amount of time (so far) which was the point I was making to Terpfen who said it wasn't going as quickly as advertised. BC2 took months to get even the simplest things fixed and BF3 usually took weeks.

90% CPU usage, 60% GPU usage in a video game. Sounds about right. Anyone know how I can get those usages to flip with one another. I have already done the 'core unparking' and tried different in-game settings.

I'm having the same issue. Makes no sense. Tried the same things

4770k @ 4.4 with a 680.

We just cancelled our BF4 server since it's pointless hosting an official server in BF4, but that's a topic for another thread....

Sorry to hear that, I happen to like the ability to filter server lists by only Official, because it means I dont have to worry about getting kicked/banned by some crying little kid with admin powers.

That literally happened a few days ago when I joined a server that turned out not to be Official: joined game, got in Scout heli, proceeded to kill enemy Scout heli very quickly, "You have been kicked from this server by Admin". Tried to rejoin: "You have been banned from this server".

There was WAY too much of that bullshit in BF3, DICE thankfully provides a way to avoid it now.

Last edited:
§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1040354950 said:
Disable HyperThreading in Bios, night and day difference.

I tried the same thing he did. Disabled HT, disabled parking, I even disabled shadowplay.
Avg GPU usage is 75%.

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1040352934 said:
Hey CaptNumbNutz, Just added you to my friends list. Rattle and a few other guys from [H] have been tearing it up lately. We work awesome as a group, good meds and map awareness, usually get a win when we all together on the same team.

I've heard 416 is very good. But honestly the ACE 23 is better. I also really enjoy the AEK-971, it's so deadly in close-medium range combat with it's higher rate of fire (900), I was doing pretty good with long range also, but it isn't as good as the ACE 23. Overall ACE 23 is the best gun.

I use Muzzle Brake and Angled Grip on all my guns, I leave them in full auto mode, but rapid fire burst them all... with network slider all the way to the left (2) small bursts to the upper body and the enemy usually drops, I often get 3 kills with just a single clip.

Few rounds from last night using the ACE 23 w/ Muzzle Brake and Angled Grip...

28-4
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/397971493242733760/336717693/
32-9
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/397998105908895936/336717693/
37-9
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/397991510231638208/336717693/
Looking forward to it. Please understand I won't be free all the time since I have clan obligations. AFAIK though, things aren't quite organized yet in my clan due to the severe launch issues.

TLDR: Can someone explain to me why any sort of balance seems to be impossible? Would it be so hard to implement some sort of team balancing system based on KDR or SPM or something so that you don't have team stacked with a 5 man squad, plus a couple other high rank, very useful individuals? Put the squad on one team and then the highest KDR/SPM individuals on the other so at least it has a remote chance at balance...

The "problem" is that you can get a squad of 5 people who can join the game on the same team and squad through Battlelog. That's a designed feature, not a balance issue. They're probably voice chatting and cooperating with each other, and probably in a clan of some kind to boot.

Cooperative squad and team efforts are designed to yield good results in this game.
Terpfen hinted at one of the problems.

The other is the fact that server balancing is broke at the moment. In BFBC2, BF3, and now BF4, there were a couple default settings to balance servers included in the server software itself. As time progressed, 3rd party Server Admin Tools like ProCon would use plugin systems that were more advanced. Plugins could prevent you from switching when your team was losing, prevent too much team switching within x period of time, balance teams within 1 player difference, and could even keep squads contained or break them up. When you see mapvoting, player voting, custom message of the day in the chat fields, and other random messages in the chat, then odds are it is benging managed with ProCon.

The only way to get the kind of team balance you want is to play on ranked servers that are not official. Official servers are ranked (update your stats), but they are also "Official EA" standards, meaning they are very hands off and only use the base server settings and admin software included. Ranked servers still update your stats, but they tend to be heavily customized, run by clans, and usually well administered.

Set your server search filters to check the box on "ranked" but leave "official" unchecked. If that doesn't return enough results, its because the search is bugged. The way around that is to differentiate the symbols next to the server description. If it shows a 2 chevron rank, then it is both ranked and official. If it is 1 chevron rank with a tilde ~ underneath it, it is ranked, but not official.

I think Dice is doing a good job myself at trying to make everyone happy as they are trying to make 2 different OS work at the same time and it would help a lot if people would say what OS they are running because I don't think turning off HT applies to windows 8 or 8.1 and Microsoft should take most of the blame not adding DX 11.1 to windows 7.. (IMO)

Sorry to hear that, I happen to like the ability to filter server lists by only Official, because it means I dont have to worry about getting kicked/banned by some crying little kid with admin powers.

That literally happened a few days ago when I joined a server that turned out not to be Official: joined game, got in Scout heli, proceeded to kill enemy Scout heli very quickly, "You have been kicked from this server by Admin". Tried to rejoin: "You have been banned from this server".

There was WAY too much of that bullshit in BF3, DICE thankfully provides a way to avoid it now.
You have it backwards.
https://forum.myrcon.com/showthread.php?6446-Official-vs-Ranked-does-it-matter

"Official" servers are both ranked and official. They run the default server settings set by EA and can only be limitedly managed. The most vanilla BF4 experience, similar to most console matches. These servers will upload your stats. They are also the most likely servers to encounter hackers on since there are generally less admins.

"Ranked" servers are customized setup, heavily administered. Some have bad admins, most don't. Most are run by clans. These servers will also upload your stats.

I'm thinking of buying bf4....
What sites would you suggest I buy it at?
Thanks.

Personally I would skip it. It is still a wreck of a game and honestly I am not sure how willing DICE is to fix it. I'm not talking about the crashing either.

If you must get it, wait until it goes on deep discount, which it should be doing soon. Get it at $30 at the most. Otherwise you're paying ~$48 at Green Man Gaming and you're getting a worse deal than what we got when we pre-ordered.

I have 0 problems on my rig in the sig. (Max'd out at 2560x1600)

CaptNumbNutz, were you playing on Evga gaming's server earlier tonight? I could of swore there was guy with your name or similar on.

Feel free to add me, i'm usually on for a few hours in the evening, should be under WesM951.

Personally I would skip it. It is still a wreck of a game and honestly I am not sure how willing DICE is to fix it. I'm not talking about the crashing either.

If you must get it, wait until it goes on deep discount, which it should be doing soon. Get it at $30 at the most. Otherwise you're paying ~$48 at Green Man Gaming and you're getting a worse deal than what we got when we pre-ordered.

agreed.avoid it till its on sale at best.. You will be happy you did...

I started off pretty bad and was crashing all the time. Like, all the time.

I removed the OC on my machine and said hell with it and moved my settings down to medium.

I'm no longer crashing and I'm wiping the floor with kids as I expected in the 1st place. It makes such a difference having 60+ fps.

I've had a great experience over the last two days. No audio issues. No crashing. Prettymuch the stability I was used to with BF3 (unfortunately, still netcode issues). Feeling quite happy with the game now.

I've had a great experience over the last two days. No audio issues. No crashing. Prettymuch the stability I was used to with BF3 (unfortunately, still netcode issues). Feeling quite happy with the game now.

Same here. I've found that if I stick to extremely low latency servers (15ms or less) and drop network smoothing down to 15% I tend to have a pretty solid experience (seems to have solved the hit box issues I had).

That's been my experience as well. I've had no crashes since Sunday last. Granted, I've played a lot less during the week but I've always finished the rounds I started and the experience is far tighter.

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1040354488 said:
I left HT off, there was no difference between HT off and HT on with cores unparked. Now with HT on and cores 0,1,2 parked performance was terrible.

The only difference is that with HT off I'm able to achieve a higher OC so I can get more fps with HT off. 4.9ghz stable vs 4.70ghz prime stable.

Hmmm thats crazy. I just tried out the core parking, and swear im getting better framerate. All 8 of my threads were between 88-100& utilization....I mean I ain't calling you a liar, but I am very curious....

Anyway ya...pretty shocking how much it helped me

I have 0 problems on my rig in the sig. (Max'd out at 2560x1600)

CaptNumbNutz, were you playing on Evga gaming's server earlier tonight? I could of swore there was guy with your name or similar on.

Feel free to add me, i'm usually on for a few hours in the evening, should be under WesM951.

Nope. I wasn't on the EVGA servers tonight. I typically get on after 10pm when I get home from work.

There are several similar names out there, CaptNutBust is one of them. There are another 50 or so variations of Numbnuts on battlelog such as NumbNutz1 and NumbNutz1980.

There is only one CaptNumbNutz. ME. That is the spelling. I am the original. I am their Captain. There are no nuts as numb as mine.

it has been running fine since the last patch. Well almost
we were going guns on bomb mission then all of a sudden people started saying seeing rubber banding
I didn't for a while then it hit me. Looked like server load or something. Faster the action the worse it got.
Next map it was back to normal for everyone

is it true that the first dlc is bf3 maps.
WTF put them in now you sorry ass origin pos

I tried the same thing he did. Disabled HT, disabled parking, I even disabled shadowplay.
Avg GPU usage is 75%.
Man that's crazy, with a i7-4770k (4.6 @1.29) you shouldn't be bottlenecking your GPU at all, should be at 100%, not 75%.

I started off pretty bad and was crashing all the time. Like, all the time.

I removed the OC on my machine and said hell with it and moved my settings down to medium.

I'm no longer crashing and I'm wiping the floor with kids as I expected in the 1st place. It makes such a difference having 60+ fps.
Nice, glad your stable now... I'm lucky to have such good stability at 4.9ghz with this game.

Hmmm thats crazy. I just tried out the core parking, and swear im getting a better framerate. All 8 of my threads were between 88-100& utilization....I mean I ain't calling you a liar, but I am very curious....

Anyway ya...pretty shocking how much it helped me
I think you misread what I said. I have the same results as you... With HT on and cores set to UNPARKED after running the core parking tool it gave me a better frame rate and better smoothness compared to when the cores were PARKED, but with HT off I get exactly the same FPS, so I decided to stay with HT off since it allows for a higher OC. Cores showed UNPARKED with HT off. In my tests the higher the OC the more the fps. I'm getting amazing results right now.

Last night had some awesome rounds again went 61-13 w/ 22% accuracy in one round while running and gunning using the ACE 23 with angled grip and muzzle brake...

You guys should try out my graphics settings if you want a competitive edge over others and still have a good looking game. I spent many hours finding the best settings and this is what I came up with.

Even if I had a Titan SLI setup I'd still run these settings the only things I'd change would be to boost it up to 4xMSAA instead of 2x and change post processing from medium to Ultra.

These settings will allow you to acquire targets easier without sacrificing image quality.

*Warning* Mesh Quality on low almost feels kinda like hax on some maps... If an enemy is hiding behind an object like a container and your about 150 yards away it will not render the object they are hiding behind, but it will render the enemy lol.

Logitech (G400)MX518 mouse 1800 DPI @ 500hz w/ fresh teflon feet
In-game senstivity: GstInput.MouseSensitivity 0.055
Waxed Black Glass ICEMAT II
6/11 Windows Setting
Enhance pointer precision unchecked

1920x1080 @ 120hz
70 FOV
Motion Blur - Off
Depth of Field - Off
Texture Quality - Ultra
Texture Filtering - Ultra
Lighting - Medium
Effects - Low
Post Process Quality - Medium
Mesh Quality - Low
Terrain Quality - Ultra
Terrain Decoration - Low
AA Deferred - 2xMSAA
AA Post - Off
Ambient Occlusion - Off

FPS: Min 85, Avg 115, Max 200

so im playing just now and I see someone at an 88 rank already

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/morrighan-J/stats/343078686/pc/

actually makes me want to stop playing. I know people have the right to do whatever they want with their time. But id love to see this guys diet. 154 hours played and its been about 220-230 hours since the game was released.

I think ive played like a few hours a night lately and even that is too much. Is there some monetary prize given out that I don't know about?

actually makes me want to stop playing. I know people have the right to do whatever they want with their time. But id love to see this guys diet. 154 hours played and its been about 220-230 hours since the game was released.

I think ive played like a few hours a night lately and even that is too much. Is there some monetary prize given out that I don't know about?

Lol, a guy in my friends list reached level 100 during the weekend. I'm still stuck at level 38, even though I haven't played since saturday.

LOL that's nothing, but damn his time played is crazy! I know a few guys that are at 100 already and hit it 3 days ago on 11/04/13 and it only took 75hrs to get to LVL 100, that's 11hrs per day. If your in school and not working I can see that being done very easy, but fuuu I just cant stand that much of metro. I'd want to change the game modes up.

Player Profile...
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/-wkD-Charlie_Day/

Thread on how he got to LVL 100...
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064767291016846/

I know of the guy. We used to be competing heli players.. I can tell you this about his diet.. It aint the crap we eat here in the USA. He is from china.

you said it best here. " I know people have the right to do whatever they want with their time."

I think sometimes as pc gamers we criticize our own bunch to much at times... Look at it this way.. There are people who look at what we do as totally a COMPLETE waste of time.. Even the though of sitting at a pc alone to them is a WASTE in their minds.

If it was not for guys like the one's battlelog you posted. I would have never gotten good at attack heli in bf3. And trust me I posted a TON of more hours than he did at play time and in the heli lol.

played against a Rank 100 last night. he only had like 75 hours played, something like 1800 spm.

It's a lot easier to level up in this game, compared to bf3.
§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1040357142 said:
LOL that's nothing. I know a few guys that are at 100 already and hit it 3 days ago on 11/04/13 and it only took 75hrs to get to LVL 100, that's 11hrs per day. If your in school and not working I can see that being done very easy, but fuuu I just cant stand that much of metro. I'd want to change the game modes up.

Player Profile...
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/-wkD-Charlie_Day/

Thread on how he got to LVL 100...
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064767291016846/
rofl and that's the guy. He's always on.

Back