Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

apparently it doesn't save shit.
Two times I leveled up during a game and it crashed, once during the game and once when the game was over and it was showing the ribbons and scores for everything.

I could be wrong though I think it stores xp on the game server so if the crash happens from the server going down then you will loose everything from the match though if your game crashes you won't

Not entirely sure.

I could be wrong though I think it stores xp on the game server so if the crash happens from the server going down then you will loose everything from the match though if your game crashes you won't

Not entirely sure.

That's exactly how it works.

You crash: stats saved by server and uploaded at end of round.
Server crashes: you are fucked.

That's exactly how it works.

You crash: stats saved by server and uploaded at end of round.
Server crashes: you are fucked.

Does anyone know a timeline on when this is expected to be fixed? Haven't played since saturday, because of that. Getting quite frustrated on server crashing every freaking time I level up or unlock something.

I played last night for hours and like 5 rounds just now without a single crash

I have to say that the vehicles are all very bad in this game, the one exception being the IFVs.

I shot a Scout Helicopter 4 times in a row, direct hits, with an anti tank missile. A repairmen was able to save it. Even a "mobility" kill did not stop them. It is simply to easy to keep those things in the air. Even two direct hits with air to air missiles will not take them down.

The AA/SAMs have too long of a range in regards to their cannons to. On Lancaster Dam the AA can sit in spawn and cover about 70% of the map. As soon as we take off we started to receive fire, right above our own spawn, from the AA.

MBT guns, depending on the round, have a practical range of ~200-250 meters which is laughable. And given that the anti infantry capabilities of the main gun are rather weak, it makes dispatching infantry rather difficult.

The balance for all vehicles needs to be seriously looked at.

I shot a Scout Helicopter 4 times in a row, direct hits, with an anti tank missile. A repairmen was able to save it. Even a "mobility" kill did not stop them. It is simply to easy to keep those things in the air.

Anti-tank missile - are you talking about the MBT-LAW? That's the starter missile not intended for anti-air, its point&click meaning little difficulty so it does little damage. Anyway have you actually tried keeping a Scout in the air? If not please try it some time and report back. I recommend Zavod 311.

Last edited:
They need to nerf the attack boat against rocket, it's eay too over powered right now especially in the dam and parcel storm level.

For the support guns, they are not doing that much damage, i like playing them, but engineer guns perform way better..

I have to say that the vehicles are all very bad in this game, the one exception being the IFVs.

I shot a Scout Helicopter 4 times in a row, direct hits, with an anti tank missile. A repairmen was able to save it. Even a "mobility" kill did not stop them. It is simply to easy to keep those things in the air. Even two direct hits with air to air missiles will not take them down.

The AA/SAMs have too long of a range in regards to their cannons to. On Lancaster Dam the AA can sit in spawn and cover about 70% of the map. As soon as we take off we started to receive fire, right above our own spawn, from the AA.

MBT guns, depending on the round, have a practical range of ~200-250 meters which is laughable. And given that the anti infantry capabilities of the main gun are rather weak, it makes dispatching infantry rather difficult.

The balance for all vehicles needs to be seriously looked at.

dont help with the one dimensikon gameplay with inf either.
totally bored with the game already.
want my money back

They need to nerf the attack boat against rocket, it's eay too over powered right now especially in the dam and parcel storm level.

Nerf the attack boat... against rocket? Huh?

Do you mean nerf the attack boat's rockets? Those things are tough to precisely aim and are mainly good for attacking other boats. If you mean nerf the attack boat's armor defense against rockets (like RPGs fired at attack boats by engineers), then I would agree with that to a certain extent.

Does anyone get lower than expected performance with SLI /CF?

Running with SLI (GTX 670 4Gb) gives only marginally higher fps than single card but the framerate varies wildly and the min fps usually dips lower than it did on a single card.

Does anyone get lower than expected performance with SLI /CF?

Running with SLI (GTX 670 4Gb) gives only marginally higher fps than single card but the framerate varies wildly and the min fps usually dips lower than it did on a single card.

If you are asking for help, you've given us nothing to go on.

If you are asking for help, you've given us nothing to go on.

Playing at 1080p, All settings maxed, AA post Off.
In SLI my max FPS will maybe hit 80fps but will frequently drop into 40s. On single card it would regularly stay in the 70s and only occasionally drop into low 50s. Using 331.65 beta driver.

Since they updated the server software, i did not had a server crash. Off course the server must be upto date for this to work correctly. They did that yesterday morning so..

I played last night for hours and like 5 rounds just now without a single crash

Same here except one time when spawning back in. It's documented by DICE that if you keep clicking the Deploy button multiple times when trying to get back in it can cause the game to crash. It did last night for me 1 time. A single click on the deploy button worked fine.

You can tell there has been many server updates, way more stable for me and i'm seeing visual enhancements too. Game is only getting better.

Sunday: Played for about 2 hours. No crashes.
Monday: Very shortly after I started playing there was a server crash. After that played for a little over an hour with no crashes.

I think it is getting better slowly.

I don't have too many balance complaints right now.

Various notes:

• I wouldn't mind if the repair rate by engineers was reduced a bit and perhaps put a limit (just 1) of engineers that can repair a vehicle at one time but go ahead and give repair credit to everyone repairing to encourage people to still do it.
  • I have not spent nearly as much time as a lot of people playing so being rank 8 with the vast majority rank 15+ with far more unlocks than me is getting a bit painful. I just barely get a rifle and they have the same rifle but also a proper sight, grip, laser, barrel so I lose a lot of those engagements unless I get the drop on them.
  • I don't want to jump on the netcode bashing bandwagon too quickly but I've become very aware of the number of times that I've been killed after running behind cover. Almost wish I was still ignorant of that.

Anti-tank missile - are you talking about the MBT-LAW? That's the starter missile not intended for anti-air, its point&click meaning little difficulty so it does little damage. Anyway have you actually tried keeping a Scout in the air? If not please try it some time and report back. I recommend Zavod 311.

"Starter" missile or not, 1-2 hits should kill it. Repairman or not. It will only hit helicopters at extremely close range regardless, if you're the "learning curve/skillz" type. Taking 4 direct hits without taking a time out to repair is bad gameplay and looks extremely silly.

I have tried it in the air, and again, this is one of the areas I would like to see rebalanced. Two direct air to air missile hits do not seem to put one of the helicopters out of action. You can even score some hits with the machineguns and still have it limp away. I've had plenty of battles where I and someone else just dance around for 3-5 minutes shooting each other with bursts of guns and missiles, limping while the other reloads, only to come back and do the same to them, rinse repeat.

I do not have the 25mm yet though. I was one unlock away last night when the server crashed, so I can probably set back by 1-2 unlocks yet again.

Helicopter rockets (basic ones) are also disturbingly weak against infantry. I once fired an entire salvo of rockets at a sniper standing still (no med kit at feet) and I was essentially in a hover at close range. The first looked like it hit him directly, though I am not sure. But the rest all hit around him with essentially zero deviation. Each rocket got a hit marker, yet he lived. Add in the long reload times and it makes the rockets useless against infantry. Which makes me wonder, what does the attack helicopter do in this game if it can't kill one of its intended targets?

Overall I am not a fan of the vehicle implementation as of now.

The Anti Air Launcher can down a Little bird and Transport in 1 shot, engine is down after it lock and they always crash and bail. It won't exploded but if they don't have a engineer in bord they are screwed..

• I wouldn't mind if the repair rate by engineers was reduced a bit and perhaps put a limit (just 1) of engineers that can repair a vehicle at one time but go ahead and give repair credit to everyone repairing to encourage people to still do it.

yeah i spend a lot of time as an engineer and it's pretty easy to keep vehicles alive. they should slow down the repair rate a bit.

I mean it just like 1 C4 can explode a tank, ultimatly it's the gunner job to ensure no one is getting close enought LOL!

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1040349259 said:
I'm gonna re-enable HT and give this a shot and see what happens.

I'll be curious to see your results. I had 3 cores "parked" on my AMD cpu. Big results.

I tried the parked cores fix on my i7 2600k, and BAM! HUGE increase in smoothness. I played 3 rounds or so afterward and didn't have any noticeable sign of stuttering that I had before. Watching the FPS counter, no sudden-drastic-instantaneous dips and recoveries either. Basically as silky as I would expect to get.

Super happy about it. My audio issues are gone too (I think). Pretty sure they're server side, though that doesn't explain the drop in single player I experienced one day, but never since. Things are looking rosier though!

yeah i spend a lot of time as an engineer and it's pretty easy to keep vehicles alive. they should slow down the repair rate a bit.

The repair rate is already slower than it was in BF3, where the repair rate was nerfed twice.

A single engineer can no longer repair a vehicle to 100%, or do so under 30 seconds. You also have to consider that an engineer out in the field repairing a vehicle is a sitting duck for everything from gunfire to incoming RPGs. I can't count how many times I've died while repairing.

for me, the game is starting to become smoother, i still have the audio issues, and rubber banding playing conquest large 64 man servers, its slowly getting better imo

The repair rate is already slower than it was in BF3, where the repair rate was nerfed twice.

A single engineer can no longer repair a vehicle to 100%, or do so under 30 seconds. You also have to consider that an engineer out in the field repairing a vehicle is a sitting duck for everything from gunfire to incoming RPGs. I can't count how many times I've died while repairing.

i'm just basing it on the fact that i've been able to keep little birds alive through multiple rocket hits on several occasions. each rocket had the lock-on sound so i assume they were from AA. i was not able to keep little birds alive this easily in BF3. perhaps AA rockets need a buff or little bird armor needs a nerf.

I've seen Little Birds go down in one hit from a Stinger. I think that it's the AA that needs a nerf, and I say this as someone who plays engineer/AA a lot.

I've seen Little Birds go down in one hit from a Stinger. I think that it's the AA that needs a nerf, and I say this as someone who plays engineer/AA a lot.

Are we playing the same game? The AA vehicle's cannons just tickle helicopters and two missile hits don't even disable one.

Are we playing the same game? The AA vehicle's cannons just tickle helicopters and two missile hits don't even disable one.

I'm not talking about the anti-air vehicle, I mean the anti-air role in general, mainly with Stingers and Javelins.

The anti-air vehicles are and have always been deadly, which is why they only spawn one at a time on certain maps in certain game modes. One can play this game and never see an AA track at all.

FYI,

Slim Jim is running a BF4 promotion, get credits in specially marked slim jim packages.

For the hell of it, I just bought 3 slim jims for $1.39 each.

1 credit gets you a double XP boost
or
1 credit gets you a $5 coupon on Origin
or
1 credit gets you a bronze battlepack

2 gets you a silver bp
3 gets you a gold bp

Common sense tells me to snag 3x double boosts with my 3 credits, but the battlepacks have the allure of a scratch off lottery ticket.....

https://slimjim-battlefield4.ea.com/

i can't believe. i'm actually thinking of picking up some slim jims. from reading your post. i feel like i've reached nerd-level 11.

p.s. thanks for the heads-up

The AA vehicle's cannons just tickle helicopters and two missile hits don't even disable one.

:headdesk:

Where to even begin......The AA cannon in fact got a MASSIVE buff from the BF3 version of the MAA. Plus it delivers bullet knock now so it paralyzes the heli during a sustained burst. Your aim is either terrible or you're expecting to hit them from 800m+. And don't even get me started on active radar missiles yet, MAA dudes just spam those the entire round from their uncap and they hit aircraft across the map with no warning.

Last edited:
i'm just basing it on the fact that i've been able to keep little birds alive through multiple rocket hits on several occasions. each rocket had the lock-on sound so i assume they were from AA. i was not able to keep little birds alive this easily in BF3. perhaps AA rockets need a buff or little bird armor needs a nerf.

Try keeping a Scout airborne on maps like Zavod 311 or Hainan for more than 20sec and get back to me. Now that everyone has unlocked stingers its beep-beep-beep literally the entire flight time. If you're talking about having help with repairs then its understood its got more survivability, but 99% of the time on pub servers no one will bother to help with repairs, they just think its a taxi.

:headdesk:

Your aim is either terrible or you're expecting to hit them from 800m+.

You mean like all those times I was face to face with a helicopter at 50m or less and shooting at it straight on and it barely made a dent? Yeah, my aim sure is terrible :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Try keeping a Scout airborne on maps like Zavod 311 or Hainan for more than 20sec and get back to me. Now that everyone has unlocked stingers its beep-beep-beep literally the entire flight time. If you're talking about having help with repairs then its understood its got more survivability, but 99% of the time on pub servers no one will bother to help with repairs, they just think its a taxi.

i agree with you that Zavod is a difficult map to keep the chopper airborne. i've done it on that map as well but to a lesser extent. Hainan is no problem. i can keep the chopper up all the live long damn day*.

*there's so many variables at play here, like the skill of your pilot and the coverage available in the map. i'm speaking in generalities here.

You mean like all those times I was face to face with a helicopter at 50m or less and shooting at it straight on and it barely made a dent? Yeah, my aim sure is terrible :rolleyes:

No offense but that's absurd. I would have to see video to see what you're doing wrong because your description is basically a "sky is green" assertion unless you're just trolling. The MAA cannon melts aircraft and at 50m you'd have to be blind to be "barely making a dent" - even with engi's repairing a Scout. I'm on the receiving end of them constantly, I know how hard they hit.

So frustrated with my last session of BF4.... I haven't played in a few days so I thought I'd spend an hour playing some Domination (my favorite mode). Three different servers, my ping ranging from 20-40ms and they lagged to hell. I wasn't the only person in the servers experiencing the issue either. Finally I said screw and it stopped trying. I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to put it up with it.

PIT , I know how you feel.. coming from someone here who played bf3 a ton and now this mess of a game they put out. Now I don't even log in to try to play. I just go right to the forums to read what the current state of the game is.. Looks to be the same 1 week later.

This game has made me run back to playing tf2.. I hate to admit it.. Not asking for my cash back. Is it too much to ask for a game that works?

Back