Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

I like the mini map better in BF3. It's much simpler and doesn't have the overlay and transparency effects like the one in BF4. I also find myself having a hard time adjusting to the scale of the map. I see an enemy on the mini map and they look really close to me, but once I see them in my crosshair, they're actually pretty damn far. I scaled down the HUD to 30%, so not sure if that's the reason. I guess I'll play around with it.

minimap_zps2ab2a686.jpg

This target audience player base is really making me want to punch my monitor.

A scout helicopter dominating my team on the rooftop of flag B (Shangai), flying really low, and I'm the only one shooting at it (almost killing the pilot). Everyone else is literally aimlessly running around, like a bunch of headless chicken (not even trying to find cover).

I mean, ugh... my head hurts.

Nice , Que is finally showing up on servers again. Seems server stability is better to.

A scout helicopter dominating my team on the rooftop of flag B (Shangai), flying really low, and I'm the only one shooting at it (almost killing the pilot). Everyone else is running around like a bunch of headless chicken. I mean, FFS, how dumb can you be?

Welcome to FPS gaming without friends.

You know you can change your mini map in the options. I'm actually really happy with Battle Screen.

A scout helicopter dominating my team on the rooftop of flag B (Shangai), flying really low, and I'm the only one shooting at it (almost killing the pilot). Everyone else is literally aimlessly running around, like a bunch of headless chicken (not even trying to find cover).

call of duty noobs.
Bf4 has really awful gameplay, netcode with time to kill and the aimbot dice implemented with bc2 its just not a fun game as bf1942 and BF2 was.
I just wait for the doom of the battlefield series now.
Titanfall is coming and I bet it be fun.

call of duty noobs.
Bf4 has really awful gameplay, netcode with time to kill and the aimbot dice implemented with bc2 its just not a fun game as bf1942 and BF2 was.

If you hate BF4 so much then why not play 1942 or BF2 instead? You still can you know.

Hedging your bets on Titanfall to replace both COD and/or BF likely isn't going to work out.

Anyone haveing issues trying to launch the game in windows 8.1 x64?

i get this error

"The procedure entry point CreateDXGIFactory2. could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Windows\System32\d3dll.dll."

The Origins pops up and gives me

Invaild License. Reason Code = Missing DLL: [dxgi.dll] error 0x7f"

I updated Directx, i have the latest AMD beta drivers installed, did a repair install of BF4. The only work around is to run it in x86.

call of duty noobs.
People complain about netcode in every single FPS game that is released. I'm pretty sure that's becoming the new "I'm bad at the game" excuse like ping was back in the early 2000s.

Find a decent server to play on. The game was just released so all the new players are going to be involved right now, just the way it goes. I play on a couple servers where the playerbase is full of regulars and it's much more enjoyable.

People complain about netcode in every single FPS game that is released. I'm pretty sure that's becoming the new "I'm bad at the game" excuse like ping was back in the early 2000s.

You must not know what client based hit-detection is. Or why it's bad.

Really, go watch some Youtube videos on it then come back and dare to accuse people that they're just bad. Go ahead.

:rolleyes:

Knock on wood but I haven't crashed in a 32 player game yet. I constantly crashed in 64 player games. I'd rather play the larger games though. ;(

So I think I might have solved my crashes. I forced Origin to launch the x86 client version instead of the 64-bit .exe and its been stable. Both 32 and 64 player games seem to working *crosses fingers*

That's mostly because all newer games are going to client side hit detection which is terrible. Nothing like being behind a wall, or around a corner on your screen and still getting killed.

You know you can change your mini map in the options. I'm actually really happy with Battle Screen.

Re: Battlescreen, are you running it on a separate monitor or on a tablet? I tried the tablet route and couldn't get the map to display at all, despite trying 2 different browsers; Safari and Chrome.

A couple of general tips I've found that might be helpful:

I could not get Gadget 1 (On Foot) to bind, no matter what I tried. If you bind Underslung 1 to the same key as Gadget 1, it works.

I think I have the looping sound freeze beat for now: One of the proposed fixes is (if Nvidia user) go to the Nvidia control panel and manually set PhysX to your card (it defaults to auto).

I also set the default exe in Origin to BF4_x86 instead of the 64 bit executable.

GL!

Re: Battlescreen, are you running it on a separate monitor or on a tablet? I tried the tablet route and couldn't get the map to display at all, despite trying 2 different browsers; Safari and Chrome.

Download the app if it is out for your tablet. I know IOS has one. It worked ok, but didn't keep the screen from going to sleep.

I got Battle Screen to work on Chrome, Firefox and an iPad Air. All you have to be is in game and logged into any computer and Battlelog will detect you are in game and an option for it will pop up and you just click it. Note it does not work for hardcore.

I'm having fun playing this (just started 20 minutes ago) but I recall starting Battlefield 3 and thinking it felt very fluid movement-wise, very immersing. I feel like BF4 feels stiff and clunky... Am I crazy? I should load up BF3 again..

Is it still a FPS killer like it was in the beta?

Welcome to FPS gaming without friends.

How is in game voip working? I got into a group here and there in the beta that communicated, it made the game way more fun!

I'm waiting for the black friday 29.99 sale, and I'll be doing a new build around the same time. Are there any good in depth cpu benches out and about yet? Am I better off going for a i5 (better single thread, lower heat) or a AMD Octo-mom-core? (better future proofed for the onslaught of PS4 and Xbone ports?)

How is in game voip working? I got into a group here and there in the beta that communicated, it made the game way more fun!

I'm waiting for the black friday 29.99 sale, and I'll be doing a new build around the same time. Are there any good in depth cpu benches out and about yet? Am I better off going for a i5 (better single thread, lower heat) or a AMD Octo-mom-core? (better future proofed for the onslaught of PS4 and Xbone ports?)

It works but no one uses it. Every server is advertising a Team Speak server or Vent server.

i5's are still the better CPU's for gaming so I would go with one. If you want an AMD card the 280x is pretty sweet.

Anyone haveing issues trying to launch the game in windows 8.1 x64?

i get this error

"The procedure entry point CreateDXGIFactory2. could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Windows\System32\d3dll.dll."

The Origins pops up and gives me

Invaild License. Reason Code = Missing DLL: [dxgi.dll] error 0x7f"

I updated Directx, i have the latest AMD beta drivers installed, did a repair install of BF4. The only work around is to run it in x86.

I had the same error today. I found a post which said to run the files under:
Battlefield 4->_Installer->vc->vc2012Update3->redist

it fixed it for me. I also seemed to have fixed the sound loop then crash error by running the 32bit version. Although that locks the graphics to low settings.

I guess for those who didn't buy Premium yet, Greenmangaming has it for $40 after coupon GMG20-P6Y1F-KC19F. Combine this with the Black Friday GameStop price of $30 for BF3 and you can get the entire bundle for just over $70.

When they released the BF3 Premium edition up to a year later, I believe it also came out at $70.

So I think I might have solved my crashes. I forced Origin to launch the x86 client version instead of the 64-bit .exe and its been stable. Both 32 and 64 player games seem to working *crosses fingers*

Keep in mind server patches have been rolling out transparently and its actually server code that's responsible for much of the client side crashing (client and server can become desync'd and client doesn't know how to handle so it abends, leaving the end user to guess at what's causing it and assuming its the local system). So it may just as likely have been placebo that crashing stopped by moving to 32bit executable. If you can reproduce it by crashing again in 64bit client then you may be onto something.

Bottom line is people need to just ride it out while DICE does what DICE always does after a new BF title launch - they'll get everything sorted out.

Enjoying this, but I'm already craving more. More maps. Gameplay too similar to BF3 maybe. In BF3, there were some maps I just loved. I can't say I'm there yet with BF4.

Just realised why I was not having any stability issues. BECAUSE I WAS PLAYING THE 32 BIT BF4. lol

Stability has been improved a lot today. I got a lot of crashes, but now they take about 30-45 minutes. If you care about you progression, quit the server every 20 or so minutes and rejoin. Hit detection seems to be a whole lot better to. I still get some issues, like BF3 where rounds simply don't do damage but it is rather rare now. Overall it feels more like BF3 and it is playable IMO.

Worked on my pistols today. Mainly I want to try the CZ and HK, and sadly the HK is the last pistol requiring a pistol score of 57K. If it was lower I would have stopped by now.

The 1911 is great, though it only has a 7 round mag opposed to an 8. I also must be the only one who prefers the standard pistol sights to the target sights/red dots. I am far more accurate with them.

Enjoying this, but I'm already craving more. More maps. Gameplay too similar to BF3 maybe. In BF3, there were some maps I just loved. I can't say I'm there yet with BF4.

I get that a bit. It changes from game to game.
That said, I was never a fan of Wake Island though I'm loving Particle Storm.
Flood zone is another favourite.

Operation locker is just Metro lulz.

gg's !! had fun

things ran well tonight no crashes for me, think they updated fixes server side

Keep in mind server patches have been rolling out transparently and its actually server code that's responsible for much of the client side crashing (client and server can become desync'd and client doesn't know how to handle so it abends, leaving the end user to guess at what's causing it and assuming its the local system). So it may just as likely have been placebo that crashing stopped by moving to 32bit executable. If you can reproduce it by crashing again in 64bit client then you may be onto something.

Bottom line is people need to just ride it out while DICE does what DICE always does after a new BF title launch - they'll get everything sorted out.

I can actually reproduce it on the fly. Every time I use the 64-bit exe BF4 crashes either after 15-20 minutes or two matches in randomly. But with the 32-bit exe it does not happen. I've tried different drivers and all kinds of nonsense. This actually works and since its easy to test there wouldn't be a reason not to try it at this point.

If the solution I found took some kind of absurd effort than yea you'd have a point. But again it takes seconds to right click the BF4 game in Origin , select properties , select the 32-bit executable then ok and then right click the game and select repair install and once that's done you can try it.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have personally stopped at least 5 friends from buying this festering turd of a game. I am so fed up with the bs i am on a quest... and I am usually pretty laid back.

My review after another 5 hours of multiplayer... Which only had a few crashes (only took them 3 days)... Still bored. It is so close to bf3 I feel cheated. If you ever were bored during bf3... prepare to quit sooner rather than later. I will play an hour, have zero enjoyment, and close it down.

Just glad I didn't drop $400 on a gfx card for a game I am too bored of to play.

Save your money

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1040344293 said:
i34CDpq.jpg

We went pretty [H]ard tonight, 1st,2nd,3rd all night. GG's Rattle, we make a good squad, nice meds!

Is there an official [H] clan here? Can anyone join? I'm at lvl6 for now, but I'm willing to listen and work as part of a team and as soon as I dig up my mic I'll have voip capability.

Well I only jumped on a pre-order the last week before release after the final beta patches. It gave me the false impression that the game was working well and ready to go. Classic case of EA falsely representing their product again. Guess I should've learned after the Sim Shitty debacle. Are they fixing the game? Yeaaaa but why are we paying full price for games that aren't fully functional at release...

Stability has been improved a lot today. I got a lot of crashes, but now they take about 30-45 minutes. If you care about you progression, quit the server every 20 or so minutes and rejoin.

I thought if you quit server you lose stats? If not does it give you points for all the ribbons and medals you get?

Back