Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

Im level 3 and have hardly any guns :( It sucks playing against people who have no life and are level 20+ already ;/.

I've seen people who are level 34+ including a level 39. It comes a point when you need help. I mean, 39?

there are plenty of flag run only servers. Noobs just running in circles getting 50k points a round.

All my friends and I are crashing periodically. I crashed 3 times last night. We all have different setups, some overclocked, some not. There is also the periodic server crashes. Performance is fine but this crashing business is rapidly taking the fun out of the game. I hope they are able to address this soon.

seems like the game is not all that demanding in the least...people with i7 920's and GTX 580's are running on Ultra with 2x MSAA (1920 x 1200)

Anyone know of a way to get this overall list of upcoming unlocks for BF4? Unlocks in battlelog no longer offers it at an easy glance that I can find.

NfWLn1L.jpg

The game let me play a whole 2 hours yesterday, today? Instant-crashing.

It's almost a necessity to not preorder, but actually wait a month these days for game releases. I think companies put all their testing into consoles as those have to be somewhat stable, PC can be "fixed" easily post release.

This situation wouldn't be as bad if it weren't for the legions of mouth-breathing, low-IQ apologists and fanboys who defend the game to the death and will insult you merely for stating the game has problems.

This situation wouldn't be as bad if it weren't for the legions of mouth-breathing, low-IQ apologists and fanboys who defend the game to the death and will insult you merely for stating the game has problems.

Yeah. It'll get there, but there's no denying it's a horrible release. I searched my DX error and found a thread with a ton of other people with the exact issue.

I guess it's just a waiting game.

Btw, anyone know what Raptr.exe is? I noticed it has 3 or 4 processes running. A search shows it is tied to BF4 in some way. Necessary?

Btw, anyone know what Raptr.exe is? I noticed it has 3 or 4 processes running. A search shows it is tied to BF4 in some way. Necessary?

-- Don't know why but the URL is censored.

It's kind of like Xfire. It's also the "AMD Gaming App" or whatever that comes with the latest AMD drivers.

And then there are people like myself who just get sick of all the bitching who get lumped into the apologist and fanboy category by those who are complaining. I'm NOT accusing you of doing this, but a lot of people are accusing me of being an apologist and fanboy. It just gets tiresome to read people bitching about all day, and all night. Those that are bitching are preaching to the choir. "DICE sucks, game sucks, you suck!!!" They only whine and don't try to find solutions like entitled children.

I like to read about people actively trying to fix the problem or finding work arounds to DICE's inability to put out a polished product. People like this guy who actively called out support from the community to test if disabling HT would fix their problems.

I can't even connect to the servers tonight. BF4 is not responding please close in the task manager. I even uninstalled and did a fresh install. Oh well. I guess I will check back in 2 months.

I can't even connect to the servers tonight. BF4 is not responding please close in the task manager. I even uninstalled and did a fresh install. Oh well. I guess I will check back in 2 months.

My experience:

In Windows 7, the game ran like crap, but never crashed.
In Windows 8, the game runs great but crashes frequently and I even had one BSOD and one RSOD.

*shrug*

SG553 is my main weapon for three classes at the moment. Damn thing is like a chainsaw at close range

I find the recoil to be high while dealing low damage (about that of the AK5, AK12 ect.). I don't see how it is better than the ACR.

My experience:

In Windows 7, the game ran like crap, but never crashed.
In Windows 8, the game runs great but crashes frequently and I even had one BSOD and one RSOD.

*shrug*

Running 8.1 here. It played great the first hour of launch and after that it has been extremely frustrating with each day getting worse. I haven't had any BSOD or RSOD. I just keep getting battlelog can't communicate with BF4, please close via task manager tonight. The two times I joined servers, one wasn't the server I picked and the other was a mode I have filtered out. The game was three quarters done so it wasn't like it changed while I was joining.

Is there anything that can be done about the rubber banding?
At first I thought it was one server but I ended up trying 3 and it was bad in all of them.
av ping is about 40ms

Running 8.1 here. It played great the first hour of launch and after that it has been extremely frustrating with each day getting worse. I haven't had any BSOD or RSOD. I just keep getting battlelog can't communicate with BF4, please close via task manager tonight. The two times I joined servers, one wasn't the server I picked and the other was a mode I have filtered out. The game was three quarters done so it wasn't like it changed while I was joining.

Have you tried doing a repair install on the game? Re-install the browser plug-in?

Is there anything that can be done about the rubber banding?
At first I thought it was one server but I ended up trying 3 and it was bad in all of them.
av ping is about 40ms

Keep trying different servers or just wait. Nothing anyone can do about it.

Last edited:
BF4 flat out sucks. The maps suck, the weapons have been nerfed into uselessness, there are only like three hardcore servers available at any given moment and thousands of noobcore servers. The matches always seem to be horribly lopsided. It really, really feels like it was designed with the lowest common denominator consoles in mind.

BF3 maps, vehicles and weapon balance was EONS better. I want my $48 back.

Seems like a bunch of servers disappeared. Unless there's 3 total 24-32 player domination servers, period. Which I doubt.

I want to play but i think its just going to be the best couple of stock maps on rotation and a bunch of dead dlc servers given enough time.

Smooth as butter 1650 by 1080 everything Ultra using rig in my sig. . I crashed to the desktop once and discovered that my EVGA Precision was locked up on fan control @ 35%. Card was hitting 72c Restarted it and went manual on fan control. Fans set o 95% and now no issues. This was single player. I just downloaded her and played about 2 hours straight after that one crash. Played an hour straight before hand.

Game is a lot of fun but I am having trouble with the engage system. Seems to me intermittent

Have you tried doing a repair install on the game? Re-install the browser plug-in?

Yeah and even tried different browsers. I also keep getting script not responding errors in firefox on the battlelog screens and memory leaks. I hit 98% of my 16GB and this was after the game stopped responding. I ended up just rebooting since nothing else worked. This was the first time for that.

I got in for a portion of a match tonight only to find I was rolled back several ranks.

I am also seeing what some others are seeing and that is very few servers with less and less it seems. I think I have ten servers and the only thing I have filtered out is Team DM and Squad DM. I haven't even tried most of the maps since I seem to mostly see Siege of Shanghai or Flood Zone, and I don't care for either of them.

Can't play, but some of you looking for hardcore kay try turning a custom filter on and then using keyword HC or hardcore. Some on the BL forums suggested the server list might be bugged.

In beta, I had a similar issue. With default filters I'd get a few servers - once I made them more restrictive I got a ton listed. It's counterintuitive, but worth a shot.

Yeaht he servers HAVE to be bugged, I can sort by somethign that should obviously have more servers and it will sometimes just show like literally 1-3 servers available.

My server browser also only shows a handful of servers at any given time. I thought it was a problem on my end.

I am going to hold off for a week or so. I will finish STALKER and the single player campaign in the meanwhile.

I played a little bit of it yesterday and I thought it was way better than BF3. There is some semblance of freedom here. BF3 had none. I still think its really poor and they should have just not bothered with it, but as a consolation prize, its not as bad.

I am hoping they fix the performance issues soon, and release an update. I am really looking forward to playing this game more.

Can't play, but some of you looking for hardcore kay try turning a custom filter on and then using keyword HC or hardcore. Some on the BL forums suggested the server list might be bugged.

In beta, I had a similar issue. With default filters I'd get a few servers - once I made them more restrictive I got a ton listed. It's counterintuitive, but worth a shot.

thanks man, going to try this. driving me nuts I couldn't find any hc servers.

This is true. For some reason most of the HC servers are not labeled as such by the game. Definitely search for the text string.

A better way to find HC servers is to click advanced and change the player health setting to 60.

BF4 flat out sucks. The maps suck, the weapons have been nerfed into uselessness, there are only like three hardcore servers available at any given moment and thousands of noobcore servers. The matches always seem to be horribly lopsided. It really, really feels like it was designed with the lowest common denominator consoles in mind.

BF3 maps, vehicles and weapon balance was EONS better. I want my $48 back.

Oh boy...

You taking some very specific circumstances, and making it sound like the entire game is flawed to the point of no return.

I don't know much about hardcore more, I confess I haven't played it a lot.

Now, the "noobcore' servers that you refer to, they aren't all that bad when everything comes together. Its just a more refined version of BF3. The weapons aren't nerfed at all. In fact, the carbines seem to handle a lot better than they did in BF3. The SG553 for example is now my go to weapon because of the stat boost it has received.

As for vehicle balance, I thought they did a lot better job this time around balancing the vehicles than before. What I mean by that is, its actually possible to take down a tank with your RPG more often than not. In BF3 tanks had no "limited" ammo. I think these changes make it a much better game.

Keep in mind, the game it out less than a week. I am not even going to attempt to play it seriously until December.

Everyone needs to realize that the true balance won't show up until everyone has everything they need unlocked and learns how to use it. Give it about a month and you'll get a better idea of where the game stands as far as balance is concerned.

The maps are miles better than those that BF3 started with. Lots of different areas and ways to get around choke points. Not just horizontally but vertically.

The maps are miles better than those that BF3 started with. Lots of different areas and ways to get around choke points. Not just horizontally but vertically.

There's too much vertical IMO. The maps are already designed to be difficult when you're dealing with only one level, but when you add 2-3 vertical levels on most maps -- I almost think it's too much.

Anyway, as far as balance goes, I think ARs need to be brought down a bit. And as much as I hate to say it, probably shotguns also. I've been using either LMGs or shotguns depending on the map -- and as soon as I've unlocked all LMGs I'll be moving to ARs. They just seem to be better than almost everything else.

I did notice that people are able to unlock the "assault expert" ribbon achievement thing to gain access to that AR. However, I'm not able to obtain "support expert" to unlock the new LMG because the necessary ribbons don't appear to be available in-game. At least, if they are, I'm not getting them, nor could I find them on the ribbons page. It doesn't seem to be registering LMG kills toward that unlock either.

You guys need to come back to BF3. It's gotten so much better since all the no-lifers have migrated to BF4. Games are much more balanced and no longer have six level-100s stacked on one team dominating everyone.

Back