Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

Yup very unstable, every server that ive been on has menstruated all it's players almost every time...seems like its all the 64 player servers with more than the default 300 ticket per team ones

Ya whatever they patched today screwed everything up. Was running perfect last night and this morning before the patches :/

Yup very unstable, every server that ive been on has menstruated all it's players almost every time...seems like its all the 64 player servers with more than the default 300 ticket per team ones

Then might be worth sticking to "Official" servers for now. Could be that there are bugs or problems with Procon and its plugins (back-end management software for server owners) contributing to these server crashes.

Attack boats are great. My first match I had major rubberbanding. So I updated punkbuster and my matches have been very, very smooth, even when a lot of destruction is visible. My only problem is B key will bring up the console. Can I disable that? I looked through the key bindings and found nothing.

I just deleted this. It wasn't the performance etc.. It was the stupid over the top soft focus everything was rendered in.. It reminded me of watching NCIS and annoyed me just the same.. It's HD but the "lens" is over the top soft to hide all the lack of actual detail. I turned off post process, etc and it's still just really overly soft.. Metro Last Light has insane specs but at least the graphics lived up to it.. Bad Company 2 looked better.
Are you sure you disabled it?
Kyles comments
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1788367

Played for 5 hours tonight...was disconnected 4 or 5 times that says Error, client closed down connection. Everyone is kicked at that point. So frustrating. Game has a lot of potential.

I just deleted this. It wasn't the performance etc.. It was the stupid over the top soft focus everything was rendered in.. It reminded me of watching NCIS and annoyed me just the same.. It's HD but the "lens" is over the top soft to hide all the lack of actual detail. I turned off post process, etc and it's still just really overly soft.. Metro Last Light has insane specs but at least the graphics lived up to it.. Bad Company 2 looked better.

LOL c'mon man, don't be ridiculous.

This official BF4 release is faster than the beta. Averaging higher fps around 10-20 more fps. Maxed out but i know my cpu is holding my setup back [email protected]. Averaging around 63-80 usually in 64 player maps. Quadfire 7990s. 2560x1440. Some areas i get over 110 fps. No stuttering or spiking anywhere in the maps. Heavy action is pretty smooth. The only problem with the game is just internet lag on the servers. Probably get fixed soon. The game is running pretty good in general though. I am running Win8.1. I am running the 13.11 beta 7 driver.

Last edited:
Are you sure you disabled it?
Kyles comments
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1788367

Yup.. Isn't my first trip around a configuration screen..

LOL c'mon man, don't be ridiculous.

Not being ridiculous. It's painfully soft and kills my eyes trying to focus the JJ Abrams levels of shader effects.. The system requirements Vs what it is actually displaying is one of the biggest rackets I've seen. It's like instagram.. Just pile on the filters for un-needed effects that resemble nothing like real life looks.

anyone tell me how to get evga precision OSD to work in BF4 :(

You don't, because just like Afterburner (same author) he hasn't added 64bit support and doesn't plan to, so in game open console with ~ and type perfoverlay.drawfps 1 <enter>

I've been trying the single player, and having issues with stuttering. Basically, it runs at 60fps, then random dips down to 40 and sometimes 30. Seems to happen more often than not with quick mouse movements, but also other times with no mouse movements.

Very annoying.

You don't, because just like Afterburner (same author) he hasn't added 64bit support and doesn't plan to, so in game open console with ~ and type perfoverlay.drawfps 1 <enter>

yeah i know the fps command but this sucks no 64bit support :(

anything else thats decent that monitors gpu usage and ram?

Wow, while it runs better than the beta it still runs like shit. Rubber banding everywhere.

Looks nice tho.

Ugh... Ran great last night. Today it did a 670MB update and I can't keep the game running long enough to play. The one server I did get into was so laggy it was near impossible to play.

Love this stuff!

Yup.. Isn't my first trip around a configuration screen..
Erm this will probably piss you off a lot then :p
Check you are running at native res.
I've made a similar error before because I thought it was definitely set.

Wow, while it runs better than the beta it still runs like shit. Rubber banding everywhere.

Looks nice tho.

Oh hell as long as it looks nice :rolleyes:

I hope EA implodes on itself. I'm none too happy about its shitty reputation for destroying franchises. And now it can't even offer a decent experience for its customers. When will you people stop throwing money at this company?

single player is ok, not great, but decent. game mechanics feels strained. I'm holding out for COD ghosts. the game looks ok for main player models and your friends, but anything else, like the worlds etc, look shitty compared to a crysis game or anything else

i got screen tearing on an asus 27 at 1440p on two 1ghz titans.

You people act like this is the first time this has happened with any game, specifically of the BF series..

We all know every day one buy of a EA/Dice game is a regret fest, and in a couple days they start rolling out patchs, with it slowly getting better, and breaking alot more stuff..

I'm holding out for COD ghosts.
i got screen tearing on an asus 27 at 1440p on two 1ghz titans.

Same here, I think I'm going to give this new COD game a try. I haven't played one since COD 4.

As for the screen tearing, that is not a game issue, that's a data transfer issue with your monitor and video card(s)

Interesting performance.

The lag is mostly gone... mostly.
Mouse lag came back after 3 hours. It was beautiful up until that point. At that moment, VRAM usage was just over 1GB, CPU's were around 60% usage on all cores, I was using just over 7.5GB of RAM, FPS was in the 40-50s. 64 players on map on Seige of Shanghai map with medium graphics settings. But my Hard drive was thrashing like crazy again.

You people act like this is the first time this has happened with any game, specifically of the BF series..

We all know every day one buy of a EA/Dice game is a regret fest, and in a couple days they start rolling out patchs, with it slowly getting better, and breaking alot more stuff..
Yep. It has consistently taken 3-6 months and 3 or 4 patches before 95% of the bugs are worked out in every battlefield release since BF2. I remember BF2142 got stable a lot quicker since it was a glorified mod of BF2.

Yep. It has consistently taken 3-6 months and 3 or 4 patches before 95% of the bugs are worked out in every battlefield release since BF2. I remember BF2142 got stable a lot quicker since it was a glorified mod of BF2.

I really don't even understand why companies have Beta's. Isn't the whole idea behind a Beta to stress game variables to have a bug free final product?

I'm not just hounding on EA here, it seems most large game developers are plagued by this these days. They will come out with a game only to have it riddled with bugs, (after Beta) not until 6 months down the road do the customers get the "Final" product.
I am sick and tired of having to pay for Betas. These large game companies have to have more integrity than that.

I really don't even understand why companies have Beta's. Isn't the whole idea behind a Beta to stress game variables to have a bug free final product?

Well beta's now are the once called "DEMO" back then lol.

i've been having a real blast looking at the grayed out icon

3viv.jpg

contacted ea yesterday and was told 'it should be fixed in a few hours'
contacted today 'this issue will resolve itself today' and pretty much said i'm hosed

i work nights so i'm not gonna get to play it til tomorrow (thurs)

ordered from gmg, just like my buddy gabe in the picture there. he's enjoying it, while i'm sitting here still unable to play. hooray for preordering games :(

but hey at least my bf4 premium is unlocked according to battle log!

ugh

bf4_windows_m.png

http://pclab.pl/art55318-4.html

looks like the game does not only need lots of cores, but they have to be FAST too ! still better than other titles where a 4 year old nehalem performs better than a stock clocked FX 8350 because of a much higher IPC.

Mantle renderer will still work on windows 7 right ? down-grading to windows 8 (pun intended) just for 1 game does not feel right.

bf4_windows_m.png

http://pclab.pl/art55318-4.html

looks like the game does not only need lots of cores, but they have to be FAST too ! still better than other titles where a 4 year old nehalem performs better than a stock clocked FX 8350 because of a much higher IPC.

Mantle renderer will still work on windows 7 right ? down-grading to windows 8 (pun intended) just for 1 game does not feel right.

nothing is using mantle right now. I remember hearing something about the scheduler in windows 7 being sloppy at handling the bulldozer/piledriver cores. That is probably what is causing the performance discrepancy, because the core speeds should be the same in windows 7 and 8.1, 8.1 is just getting more out of the 8350.

https://teksyndicate.com/forum/cpu/amd-fx-8350-hotfixespatches/131535

I don't remember the performance boost being as large as what you linked though, so who knows what's going on. But try the fix in windows 7 to see if the gaps close.

If you're running an FX chip on Win 7 you ought to have KB2645594 applied to your OS. That one supposed to address the scheduler. You also want core parking disabled. KB2646060 supposed to help fix the core parking issue. I go to the registry and kill core parking completely. You may do that by searching the registry for Specify the minimum number of unparked cores/packages allowed (in percentage). Then adjust the ValueMax to match the ValueMin, aka 0. Use F3 or find next to adjust other instances of it, until you've fixed them all. After you've killed core parking, completely reboot.

So I only apply KB2645594 and manually kill core parking myself via the registry. Also you want things like APM off in your BIOS.

I've high performance set under my power options in Windows too.

Last edited:
played last night for several hours, very smooth compared to Beta, and impressed.

playing on win 7 64 bit and at 1920x1080 on ultra with everything max, only thing I changed was to 2x MSAA, I get 70-90 FPS, these are with 320.49 drivers and GTX 680 SC. When checking ram on the GTX680 it never gets higher then 1.8 GB.

I was worried I would need a new video card with higher ram, but I guess for 1080p no worries needed.

played last night for several hours, very smooth compared to Beta, and impressed.

playing on win 7 64 bit and at 1920x1080 on ultra with everything max, only thing I changed was to 2x MSAA, I get 70-90 FPS, these are with 320.49 drivers and GTX 680 SC. When checking ram on the GTX680 it never gets higher then 1.8 GB.

I was worried I would need a new video card with higher ram, but I guess for 1080p no worries needed.

Sounds good, I'm on a 2500k which is not much worse than a 3570 and I'm planning on buying a GTX 770 (or a 280x), I'd still go for a 4GB version though as long as they don't cost a lot.

win 8.1 7970 and its better than bf3 with fps and smoothness.
pretty amazing for a new game.

Played a lot yesterday at night, lots of bugs, good performance, might jump to Win8.1 to get even moar !

Pros :

Really good maps (the flood map, the giant SETI antenna map)
Amazing fire fight
The vehicles mechanics are solid now, no more trigger happy spamming.
Hitbox seems solid, no moar ghost enemies
Some really nice effects in some maps
The textures without FXAA are superb
The sound, the neighborhood thinsk thats a really war going on :drool:
Battlelog is rockstable, no more issues for me
VoIP + Commander really adds to the game
I love 5 member squads
THEY FIXED THE GODDAMN PUNKBUSTER MULTILINK (loadbalancing) ISSUE :D

Cons :

Some massive bugs in some maps, like the sound bug in the chinese dam/lake scenario.
Some servers really cant handle the maps, specially after the levollution big "happenings" start to ... happen

So far, worth the 47$, will to be buying premium thought, pehaps when its 29 $

It's pretty insane how any class can have almost any type of gun.

I play engineer 90% of the time and now It'll probably end-up being 99% of the time.

H|G platoon on BF3 was a blast. We always do great teamwork but nothing planned yet for BF4. Some of us still play together and we almost always get ace squad since we do lots of objectives and watch each other's back. No in-game comms working servers as of yet so I'm a little frustrated but enjoying the game.

So far, I knifed an entire squad for a squad wipe. :cool:

Everything was fine early yesterday morning. Played several rounds with no problems. Got home last night and it was crash city. Couldn't stay in a map longer than 5 minutes before screen went black and I had to power cycle the PC. Did this several times. Weird.

i've been having a real blast looking at the grayed out icon

3viv.jpg

contacted ea yesterday and was told 'it should be fixed in a few hours'
contacted today 'this issue will resolve itself today' and pretty much said i'm hosed

i work nights so i'm not gonna get to play it til tomorrow (thurs)

ordered from gmg, just like my buddy gabe in the picture there. he's enjoying it, while i'm sitting here still unable to play. hooray for preordering games :(

but hey at least my bf4 premium is unlocked according to battle log!

ugh
I would try another browser. Thats def a browser issue I bet.

Back