Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

I've been out of the loop for a while. I heard BF4 requires some hefty equipment to run high settings and I like to run high settings. I just don't upgrade like I used too.

Does anyone know if the following settings will run this game with good detail? My rig is 2011 era and ran BF3 at max settings.

i7 2600k
16gb ram
gtx 580 sli
1 monitor at 1920 x 1200 resolution

You should have no problem maxing or damn close with this setup!

I've seen on reddit some people with same issue.

They upgraded their Nvidia drivers to the latest beta

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/68799/en-us

Source
(http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1pe4il/official_battlefield_4_bughelp_thread/)

anyone having this problem should UPDATE their drivers. i think a new was released today. it fixed that for me. the driver is 331.65.

It was released today, and it definitely fixed it for me.

I've been out of the loop for a while. I heard BF4 requires some hefty equipment to run high settings and I like to run high settings. I just don't upgrade like I used too.

Does anyone know if the following settings will run this game with good detail? My rig is 2011 era and ran BF3 at max settings.

i7 2600k
16gb ram
gtx 580 sli
1 monitor at 1920 x 1200 resolution

That should definitely be fine! Hopefully you have more than 1.5GB of Vram though? otherwise, I'm sure you can still get by.

I just did the Korea thing (took the next few days off work) you are able to play single player fine, but I did have lots of lag for MP. So I will wait until 9pm to play mp tonight,

kinda ticked off, wasn't paying attention to the site i bought my pre order from, and found out they are in UK, so of course I gotta sit here a few more days, and be jealous of everyone else getting to play tonight/tomorrow.

:(

But I think its for the best, cause Id definitely not make it into work tomorrow or Wednesday..

Didn't tried the MP because i don't want to risk something happening to my online account but i've played a bit of the SP. It's way better than BF3, the action is almost none stop.

Running at Ultra, NO MSAA and it rarely dip below 45fps

3770k run at 75-80%, 660TI to the top

Gonna try the MP next night when it unlocks

pimc.png

3D rain :) check the lightning..

gcz.png

It look not as nice as moving in you're screen. screenshot don't do justice..

some of the SP screenshots guys are posting on Neogaf are phenomenal looking.

I just ordered a 7970, hope it runs good enough, upgrading from a 6950 and running 1080p.

I just did the Korea thing (took the next few days off work) you are able to play single player fine, but I did have lots of lag for MP. So I will wait until 9pm to play mp tonight,

lol you're not supposed to join servers while still on vpn. I'm playing just fine with 20 ping on NA servers.

1)join vpn
2)launch origin, unlock the game, open battlelog
3)launch campaign just to activate the game
4)disconnect from vpn
5)play mp

if you close origin later, you just need to join vpn again to be able to launch battlelog (you have to make origin think youre still within the time zone where the game has officially released), then quit vpn, game will already be activated from last time

Last edited:
I don't know if this has been brought up, but what the hell...

China Rising DLC is slated for a December 3rd release officially.

someone on OCN said the game has been optimized quite a bit since the beta. i'm curious to hear from others how it's running.

Its superb. During beta I was lucky to maintain 50-60FPS, now its like 85-100 and I was just playing a round on a full 64p server in Spain with no lag (N.A. not open yet). And video settings are 100% identical to what I ran during beta because I guess it read those settings, and identical hardware. i5-3570k OC'd to 4.2, GTX680 @ 1241Mhz/7Ghz Mem, 8GB RAM. 2560x1440, Windows 8.0

My video settings: http://i.imgur.com/IzrBb8p.jpg

I play on mostly HIGH but Mesh = Ultra because it gives you the max draw distance to see far away infantry, this is critical especially when in aircraft.

Last edited:
nice, thanks for the info. i'll test my system tonight on Win7.

Its superb. During beta I was lucky to maintain 50-60FPS, now its like 85-100. And video settings are 100% identical, identical hardware. i5-3570k OC'd to 4.2, GTX680 @ 1241Mhz/7Ghz Mem. 2560x1440, Windows 8.0

8gb or 16 sys ram?

someone on OCN said the game has been optimized quite a bit since the beta. i'm curious to hear from others how it's running.

Stock 4770k Proc
Titan
16gb of ram
1920x1200
vsync to 60

Averages about 55fps all settings maxed.

poison: I'd keep VSYNC disabled in-game and set nvidia control panel profile for BF4 to Adaptive sync. More graceful than ingame VSYNC when you're not able to maintain 60FPS 100% of the time.

I take it you can't upload actual photos for emblem creation?

Question for those of you doing the VPN thing for multiplayer -- have the killcam crashes been fixed? Because I had a TON of them in the beta, both on stable and beta driver revisions...

i3 3220 and 7870 runs this beautifully at high settings. The singleplayer campaign seems longer than BF3's already but we'll see.

If any of you bought it from cdkeys.com, check the website. I already have my key :)

Now... to VPN or not to VPN? Local release date is only on the 1st of November :(

some of those screen look... bad.. maybe cause no AA but the finger texture looks pretty bad....

as for ordering a 7970, why not get a 290x ?

And?

And I thought I'd share it with everyone here you snarky prick.

ahahah, wooosah.. "prick"

The way your post came off, was you were disappointed, or displeased with it being released so soon. So i informed you, that they did the same with BF3..

I see some mp servers are populated with people in it. Any try to play yet? I'm still at work, but will try when I get home.

poison: I'd keep VSYNC disabled in-game and set nvidia control panel profile for BF4 to Adaptive sync. More graceful than ingame VSYNC when you're not able to maintain 60FPS 100% of the time.

Is adaptive working now? I tried in in BF3 shortly after release and the induced mouse lag was insane!

Back