Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

I have a 2600k @ 4.9ghz and Im not stuttering.

I just did more FRAPS runs on ULTRA settings @ 1440p and the average of them was 65 FPS. Multiple maps, multiple scenarios to get a variety. Lowest average run I had was 54 FPS, highest was 71 FPS and most were in the 60's somewhere.

I didnt even think about trying windows8 yet. I wonder if it really runs better on Win8. Im on Win7.

I'm on 8.1 here.

WTF - I can't even get into ANY game. MP, Campaign, any of it. So damn sick of EA's BS. Just crashes out or gives me invalid key errors or a Windows "BF4 has stopped working"

WTF

Perhaps a un install / reinstall or repair? Or a full OS reload? I often recommend a beer / drink to relax, and a bit of time to de stress before working on it. The game is going to be just as good once you get it working, no rush .

I have a 2600k @ 4.9ghz and Im not stuttering.

I just did more FRAPS runs on ULTRA settings @ 1440p and the average of them was 65 FPS. Multiple maps, multiple scenarios to get a variety. Lowest average run I had was 54 FPS, highest was 71 FPS and most were in the 60's somewhere.

I didnt even think about trying windows8 yet. I wonder if it really runs better on Win8. Im on Win7.

Are you using Hyper-Threading?

Brahmzy try this.

GO TO BF4 FOLDER
OPEN _INSTALLER
OPEN VC
OPEN VC2012UPDATE3
OPEN REDIST
THEN LAUNCH THE vcredist_x64.exe

Click on Repair und all will work

not sure but at least now mine ask me to update

this was cut and paste from origin forms

IT DID NOT WORK FOR ME F U ORIGIN

So Game plays nice at high settings (1680x1050) with rig in sig, But every once in a while i get a stutter/hiccup.

What would be the wise upgrade first, Im thinking CPU, kinda eyeballing a i5 3470S..
or should I stick with the ole i3 and upgrade my gfx card?

Brahmzy try this.

GO TO BF4 FOLDER
OPEN _INSTALLER
OPEN VC
OPEN VC2012UPDATE3
OPEN REDIST
THEN LAUNCH THE vcredist_x64.exe

Click on Repair und all will work

not sure but at least now mine ask me to update

this was cut and paste from origin forms

IT DID NOT WORK FOR ME F U ORIGIN

You could also try removing all installed versions of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable, before the above steps.

So Game plays nice at high settings (1680x1050) with rig in sig, But every once in a while i get a stutter/hiccup.

What would be the wise upgrade first, Im thinking CPU, kinda eyeballing a i5 3470S..

CPU / board, then gpu.

I'm replying on mobile so I can't see your signature but my setup (3220 + 7870) runs it smooth as butter in 1080p at mixed med/high/ultra settings. I'd still prefer a quad core but I've been impressed by this i3's performance

After about 6 hours of play time thus far (mix of last night and today) and my initial thoughts of this game are positive. Gameplay feels smooth and maps are nicely varied.
I've been a lucky one I guess as I have't experienced really any of issues floating around. I did have some rubber banding, but i'm going to chalk that up to launch stress.

Performance is actually well above expectations for me. I'm pleasantly surprised.

No stutter or sudden FPS drops on 64p servers.
Even Shanghai performs MUCH better when compared to the beta for me. Lowest i've seen the framerate hit is 47 and that's totally acceptable for me

Settings are: 1080p, All ultra but high mesh, 2xMSAA, med post AA, HBAO, blur 50%.
AMD FX 8350 @ 4.3GHz
8GB kingston 1600 blue.
AMD 7950 @ 1050/1350
Win 8.1 pro

Stutter would indicate memory to me. Either you need more RAM or more VRAM, or both.

The i3 is definitely underpowered for this game, though. Take the chance to put in more/faster RAM while you swap out the CPU.

I'll say it again; Obliteration is the most fun I've ever had in a BF game.

Perhaps a un install / reinstall or repair? Or a full OS reload? I often recommend a beer / drink to relax, and a bit of time to de stress before working on it. The game is going to be just as good once you get it working, no rush .

Ahhhh...... ok, I'm better now. +1 beer and a repair worked. I'm playing and it all looks GLORIOUS! Looks like my 670FTWs will live another day!

Brahmzy I ran the thing I posted. Watch your desktop mine put up the bf4 icon
But it did not put up the bf4 64 bit icon.
I rebooted a second time and the 64 bit icon showed up and it worked...at least I got the campain to boot so far no missing key.

WHY do they do this shit

Well this game is awesome and looks great as well but I can't play it and enjoy it. I'm experiencing hitching/studdering to the point of un playability. It hits my HDD page file like a motherfucker. I'm playing at 1440p and it doesn't matter what I set the graohics too it maxs my 680's vram out and then proceeds to hit my hard drive and causing massive hitching. It's not terrible for the first 10 minutes but then gets to the point where I wanna put my fist through the screen. No other game has ever done this including BF3.

I know this games a vram/system ram hog but my fucking god seriously? Is it something anyone else is experiencing? Or is something wrong on my end? It is really pissing me off. I have had plans for a while now to do a new ground up system build but I wanted to wait for maxwell first. The games great and when it doesn't hitch one me it runs great with good fps at ultra post aa on med and no dffered so I don't get it.

Anyone?

I wrote about this earlier this morning. MASSIVE HARD DRIVE THRASHING. My hard drive activity light blinked more times than the lights at a dance club. I think we are onto something. Possible memory leak or something requiring ridiculous pagefile hits. I wasn't watching my memory usage though, my 2nd monitor that I put my widgets on went black while playing the game. I will try to monitor it tonight when I get back on. I have 16GB of RAM and my 560ti has 2GB of VRAM not overclocked. I even tried medium graphics settings and turning off the FXAA to no avail.

Here is my original post for reference:
I'm having a hell of a time today. Updated Nvidia drivers to 331.65. Installed game, installed day 1 patch. Multiplayer is a nightmare. Lag city. Every 3 seconds its like I took 2 steps forward and 1 step back. Played a few rounds, sometimes the lag would quit and everything was awesome. Other times there was no sound whatsoever. Fortunately no crashes yet in my 3 hours of playtime so far. Those of you crashing, I would update video card drivers (especially Nvidia) then back off any OC settings you have at least temporarily.

Like the past 2 launches (BFBC2 and BF3), I fully expect this first week to be hell since EA never plans ahead on the server load. I also don't expect all the major bugs to be worked out until 3 months out, and weapons balanced and all outstanding issues worked out by 6 months.

What I can't figure out is the sudden mouse lag. I'm not certain what is causing it. I left multiplayer and got to the second mission in single player and it hit like a ton of bricks. It was literally 2-3 seconds before the mouse would register movement. My hard drive was thrashing like I just downloaded 5 torrents loaded with viruses with 5 virus scanners running at the same time. The last time I ever saw this behavior is when I played through Crysis before the last patch fixed a memory leak. This was so bad I wouldn't have been surprised if it fucked with an SSD. This went on for 5 minutes. My defrag and virus scan settings are at noon, not 4am. The mouse lag continued for several minutes after I closed the game and Chrome crashed. I rebooted, took forever to load windows, then out of nowhere Java updater comes up. Mouse lag continues. I update java, then suddenly...BAM, hard drive stops thrashing and the mouse works perfectly again. WTF? was it Java the whole time or something else since the updater didn't come on until after reboot? Could BF4 have a severe memory leak and my HDD was clearing out the pagefile the whole time?

Everything working fine now...but my HDD is still working for some reason. Getting short bursts of activity every few seconds, but no mouse lag. I guess windows 7 is caching files or something. Can't wait to be able to afford an SSD.

Anyone notice a performance increase with the 64 bit over the 32 bit? I see the same exact fps in the same save game with both versions

So is it broken? Is it worth buying right now or should I hold off until drivers/patches make it a better experience?

What's the census guys?

Any thoughts from BF players since BF1942? I really want to play this but have a feeling its going to be more of the same.

Loved BF1942, liked BF2 a lot, didn't play much of BF2142 because of the threat of in game advertising at the time, didn't get into BF:BC2 due to enjoying other games more and just didn't like BF3.

After about 6 hours of play time thus far (mix of last night and today) and my initial thoughts of this game are positive. Gameplay feels smooth and maps are nicely varied.
I've been a lucky one I guess as I have't experienced really any of issues floating around. I did have some rubber banding, but i'm going to chalk that up to launch stress.

Performance is actually well above expectations for me. I'm pleasantly surprised.

No stutter or sudden FPS drops on 64p servers.
Even Shanghai performs MUCH better when compared to the beta for me. Lowest i've seen the framerate hit is 47 and that's totally acceptable for me

Settings are: 1080p, All ultra but high mesh, 2xMSAA, med post AA, HBAO, blur 50%.
AMD FX 8350 @ 4.3GHz
8GB kingston 1600 blue.
AMD 7950 @ 1050/1350
Win 8.1 pro

Doesn't seem like you are the only one that have good performance on BF4.

I've watched some guy playing BF4 for the first time on twitch.tv and it looks smooth and without hitch. He's using different servers and game types:
http://www.twitch.tv/iamsp00n

His specs:

MB - Asus P8Z77-V Pro
CPU - Intel Core i7 3770K 3.50GHz
GPU - AMD Radeon HD 7850
RAM - 16GB DDR3

Still live.

Anyone else having problems with invisible/missing doors, floors or stairs? If I fall through any of them and die.. my game goes to infinite black load screen. Or the invisible stairs shit is amazing... see my squad mates go up and I just run through because nothing is there, so I can't get to the next objective.

pontiac4life what is your problem.
32bit 64bit is just numbers
well you get that from a 2 bit company

Any thoughts from BF players since BF1942? I really want to play this but have a feeling its going to be more of the same.

Loved BF1942, liked BF2 a lot, didn't play much of BF2142 because of the threat of in game advertising at the time, didn't get into BF:BC2 due to enjoying other games more and just didn't like BF3.

I'm a '42 guy.

I was OK with BF2, loved BC2 and hated BF3. Based on the beta 4 is def a step in the right direction. I'm installing 4 ATM and will report back.

What do you guys think of the system in my sig? I think the 1.5 gig vram on the GTX590 is really holding me back. That card is like a bit less than two 580s in SLI. The game just chugs and Precision shows over 1.5 gig vram usage at times. I think this might be where that extra 500 megs of vram on the newer single gpu cards comes in handy.

I could go with some kind of all out SLI setup--dual titans or something but I am concerned the underlying system, CPU and RAM will hold me back. If I need a whole new build I might wait. Any thoughts on what to upgrade first. BF3 performance was almost perfect, but this is unacceptable. Lots of stuttering.

for anyone interested, 2560x1440 Ultra settings no AA uses ~2.5GB VRAM

I just deleted this. It wasn't the performance etc.. It was the stupid over the top soft focus everything was rendered in.. It reminded me of watching NCIS and annoyed me just the same.. It's HD but the "lens" is over the top soft to hide all the lack of actual detail. I turned off post process, etc and it's still just really overly soft.. Metro Last Light has insane specs but at least the graphics lived up to it.. Bad Company 2 looked better.

Grrrr have the servers been crashing for you guys in the past couple of hours lately?

Yup very unstable, every server that ive been on has menstruated all it's players almost every time...seems like its all the 64 player servers with more than the default 300 ticket per team ones

Back