Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

Pre-loaded and waiting, what still irks me is this news that the game runs better on Windows 8.1 over Win7. I have no desire to "upgrade" to Win8... hoping the final release is also optimized for Win7...

The mp as to be expected doesn't look quite that good, those are pics from SP.

MP will look better then what it did in Beta. According to Johan Anderson from Dice, not all the graphical options were hooked up in the Beta:

Johan Andersson ‏@repi 1. okt
The #BF4 PC beta is a beta, not all graphics options are hooked up or tweaked yet and performance is not final. But please do test the game
https://twitter.com/repi

can someone answer my question please?

i have BF4 preloaded(all 24gb), however it won't let me install it. Will it let me install it at 11pm when it actually releases for N.A. or is should I have it already installed and something is wrong on my end?

gents, whats up with lean...er... auto lean. can it be binded or auto only?

thanks.
ex-sof2 multi crouchlean junky

Omfg. Sitting in line at gamestop. The clerk tried to sell me a 1 year warranty for the game. I actually stopped, asked myself "is this girl serious?" Then I asked her to repeat just to make sure I heard her correctly. I almost fell over laughing.

Fyi, in case you missed my previous post, the only reason I am at the store instead of ordering online is because my GF gave me a surprise bday present.

15 minutes boys, join up with us!

64 player Conquest Large.

Battlelog Link: Chicago Knight Warriors
Clan: The Gank Squad

Name: =CKW= Titties and Blow (Subject to change when I am on my period)
Maps: Conquest Large (Maps that feel like BF2)
Settings: I might make it BF2-esque, no triangles, etc., depending on how they classify "normal" servers.

People that activated via a VPN can already play, but I will be holding off till official release.

Tonight at release, I will be customizing the map rotation, so if you would like to join in and help make it a server that you want to play on, hop on and give input. If you want to get on TS3 with us, PM me for the info.

I figured I would let all of you know. Also, if any of you need people to play with we are always accepting new members. Click here for our website. Or, if you just want to play with us and not join, shoot me a PM and I will give you our TS3 information.

Also, 0 tolerance for admin abuse and hacking. A couple of us only will actually have admin, and no kiddies, 18+ in the clan.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

See ya on the battlefield!

can someone answer my question please?

i have BF4 preloaded(all 24gb), however it won't let me install it. Will it let me install it at 11pm when it actually releases for N.A. or is should I have it already installed and something is wrong on my end?

After the download it installed for me. It only took about 2 minutes, if not less, to sort itself out. I do not think there is much to install, mainly downloading.

I guess I will find out in 7 minutes if it works or not. :)

Could not join a server fast enough. Finally found one with empty slots on my 15th try.

Sweet. Guess I will try out the Campaign first... or should I go straight to Multi? Decisions decisions.

ive tried two servers and my game froze within 15-20 seconds both times. Anyone else getting freezing problems?

first server I joined, game froze about 10 minutes in

well got into a map (Shaghai go figure) and it locked after about 5 minutes

Loading times up the whazzoo. Sometimes infinite or 5-10 minute load times for anything. Seriously... what is alpha/beta for anymore these days.

Newer drivers from a few days ago. Get them if you're on Nvidia.

I froze 15-20 minutes into a game. Was 17 to 4 as well. :p

This thread is scurrin me...I hope I don't run into this shit storm of freezing etc, latest drivers so I'll see any moment now.
My problem is Gamersgate hasn't sent out my Premium code, ugh why can't they release early like every other site...

Well, I can't really deal with this frustration right now so I'm going to head to sleep. Hopefully they put out a patch in the morning.

Next gen and PC review at GT gave the game a 9.5/10. IGN and GSPOT reviewed current gen and gave it an 8/10.

FOV slider only works in multiplayer, not singleplayer. WTF?

Herr the way it's meant to be played... God damn this annoys me.

Running the latest NV drivers and had no issues. The only "issue" I had was when I would get into a certain type of tank, the sound would cut-out but ONLY in that 1 type of vehicle so I figure its just a glitch.

Played for nearly an hour without any issues. 69 FPS @ 1440p w/ a GTX780 1228mhz//6100mhz on ULTRA settings w/ 4x MSAA.

Avg: 69.124 - Min: 48 - Max: 82

Running the latest NV drivers and had no issues. The only "issue" I had was when I would get into a certain type of tank, the sound would cut-out but ONLY in that 1 type of vehicle so I figure its just a glitch.

Played for nearly an hour without any issues. 69 FPS @ 1440p w/ a GTX780 1228mhz//6100mhz on ULTRA settings w/ 4x MSAA.
Thanks for posting this. Thank God for 780 SLi. :D.

I think im done buying games at launch or prelaunch. THis is pathetic. Anything from server freezes, to servers with no sound, to extreme lag. Embarassing

played for about a min online and game force closed 0_o

same, i've had nothing but constant crashes all night. same as beta, my laptop however ran this game without issue.

this is a fresh os install i'm on as well. game disconnects from ea, stops working etc.

Back