Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

With the new Update 2 I got a big FPS increase and much steadier SLI GPU usage now. Using the same save game location and exact position I went from 106FPS to 118FPS and from 88%-95% usage to a steady 98%-99%!!

I keep getting lag spikes every few minutes or seconds randomly. The game runs ok overall but the little bits of rubberbanding are irksome. I recall a router fix to deal with this in bf3?

So I just started playing BF4 today and was wondering what map I should check out? I played during the beta so no siege of shanghai please :p

So I just started playing BF4 today and was wondering what map I should check out? I played during the beta so no siege of shanghai please :p

All of them. Paracel Storm really has the lock on beauty and atmosphere especially when the wind, rain, waves kick up.

Flood Zone is generally my favorite. Good mix of infantry and vehicle action, it's well balanced for all game types, and the levolution event significantly changes how the map plays. Paracel Storm and Hainan Resort are also very fun, especially on Conquest.

I'm not a fan of Zavod 311 and Operation Locker. Locker is Operation Metro II and Zavod 311 feels like it's trying to be Call of Duty.

Anyone else running 780 SLI on this game? I have to mix high med and low with AA off to keep a steady 120 FPS.

Specs:
3770K @ stock 3.5
EVGA 780 SC sli
16GB DDR 1600
1250w PSU
win 8.1

Have you checked CPU vs. GPU usage to see if CPU is holding you back? (I'm not saying it is)

I am getting regular lock ups.....after 30-40 min game will just lock up and freeze. So frustrating.

I read somewhere that BF4 seems to gobble up more and more memory the longer you play. If I can remember where I saw this Ill post link. Think it might have been Toms Hardware.

Zavod 311 is one of my favorites. It's the ruins of a Russian tank factory.
That's my favorite map also!

Anyone else running 780 SLI on this game? I have to mix high med and low with AA off to keep a steady 120 FPS.

Specs:
3770K @ stock 3.5
EVGA 780 SC sli
16GB DDR 1600
1250w PSU
win 8.1
I'm on a single 670 and a 2600k @ 4.9ghz on a Ultra/Low mix with 2xMSAA and get a steady 120fps.

Logitech (G400)MX518 mouse 1800 DPI @ 500hz w/ fresh teflon feet
In-game senstivity: GstInput.MouseSensitivity 0.055
Waxed Black Glass ICEMAT II
6/11 Windows Setting
Enhance pointer precision unchecked

1920x1080 @ 120hz
70 FOV
Motion Blur - Off
Depth of Field - Off
Texture Quality - Ultra
Texture Filtering - Ultra
Lighting - Medium
Effects - Low
Post Process Quality - Medium
Mesh Quality - Low
Terrain Quality - Ultra
Terrain Decoration - Low
AA Deferred - 2xMSAA
AA Post - Off
Ambient Occlusion - Off

Just took 1st place going 91-21, and I joined 15 kills behind the leader, did a fraps benchmark of the entire round...

2013-11-07 18:35:12 - bf4
Frames: 204711 - Time: 1735324ms - Avg: 117.967

You guys should try out my settings, let me know what you think. These settings will give you excellent image quality and give you a competitive edge.

I read somewhere that BF4 seems to gobble up more and more memory the longer you play. If I can remember where I saw this Ill post link. Think it might have been Toms Hardware.

I don't doubt that. Hopefully their next update will take care of all the problems.

The memory leak problem isn't constant. I keep several programs open on second monitor while playing. The game typically takes like 2.3GB of RAM while running. I can usually get three to four matches before I get a directX error or this memory leak issue pops up. When it happens, it is during a match, and you will see your RAM allocation jump to the full 16GB in a few seconds then the game just goes into a slide show mode where you get like one frame per 10 seconds or something. When you look at task manager or resource monitor, there is nothing showing as using all of that RAM, like no process is showing the use of 12+ GB of RAM, yet it shows your RAM is completely used. So its kinda weird.

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1040390347 said:
That's my favorite map also!

I'm on a single 670 and a 2600k @ 4.9ghz on a Ultra/Low mix with 2xMSAA and get a steady 120fps.

Logitech (G400)MX518 mouse 1800 DPI @ 500hz w/ fresh teflon feet
In-game senstivity: GstInput.MouseSensitivity 0.055
Waxed Black Glass ICEMAT II
6/11 Windows Setting
Enhance pointer precision unchecked

1920x1080 @ 120hz
70 FOV
Motion Blur - Off
Depth of Field - Off
Texture Quality - Ultra
Texture Filtering - Ultra
Lighting - Medium
Effects - Low
Post Process Quality - Medium
Mesh Quality - Low
Terrain Quality - Ultra
Terrain Decoration - Low
AA Deferred - 2xMSAA
AA Post - Off
Ambient Occlusion - Off

Just took 1st place going 91-21, and I joined 15 kills behind the leader, did a fraps benchmark of the entire round...

2013-11-07 18:35:12 - bf4
Frames: 204711 - Time: 1735324ms - Avg: 117.967

You guys should try out my settings, let me know what you think. These settings will give you excellent image quality and give you a competitive edge.
Will try - thanks for posting

I absolutely love this game and will not stop playing but DICE has their hands full!

"Update #13 (Nov 18)
PS4 STABILITY ISSUES
We are aware of the frequent crashes in Battlefield 4 on PlayStation 4. We are hard at work identifying these issues and are hoping to get a game update out early next week. Stay tuned for more details as we can confirm them, and thanks for your patience!

X360 GAME UPDATE
We have an upcoming game update for BF4 on X360 that is currently undergoing final testing. We are hoping to get this update live soon, and will let you know as soon as it has passed final stages of testing and is ready for deployment.

PC GAME UPDATE
We have a new game update in the works for BF4 on PC aimed at fixing a number of remaining issues in the game. We will have more details on the contents of this update and a rough timing estimate at a later date. You can always find the latest information on upcoming updates in this thread. "

Some of these maps would be pretty cool for Rush. If you could actually play them, that is. As it currently stands, I think the tickets are ridiculously low across the board. It's very, very difficult for a team to advance unless the attackers are really stacked.

I have this game sitting unopened on the shelf at my house. Is it even worth installing? You can see my specs in my sig, if its going to run like ass i wont even bother until it gets updated

I have this game sitting unopened on the shelf at my house. Is it even worth installing? You can see my specs in my sig, if its going to run like ass i wont even bother until it gets updated

Cmon bro man up. If you have to ask then you shouldn't play.

Ever since the new patch BF4 crashes literally EVERY round. What a shuddering lump of shit.

/enableconspiracy
what if EA is intentionally ruining the launch of BF4 because the mantle version is going to be flawless and they will be like see what mantle can do for you!!!
/disablconspiracy

/enableconspiracy
what if EA is intentionally ruining the launch of BF4 because the mantle version is going to be flawless and they will be like see what mantle can do for you!!!
/disablconspiracy

Ill 1 up you. Microsoft paid EA for parity on the console versions, forcing them to introduce issues into the PC version as not to make the PS4 and XB1 versions look bad

ETA on Mantle?

Supposedly December, though I have a suspicion its not going to be the second coming of christ AMD owners are hoping for, that makes the hardware suddenly more powerful than it actually is.

Last edited:
Supposedly December, though I have a suspicion its not going to be the second coming of christ AMD owners are hoping for, that makes the hardware suddenly more powerful than it actually is.

It isn't supposed to make the hardware more powerful, it's supposed to make it more efficient - do more with less. We'll see.

the biggest thing for me that mantle does is remove the cpu communicating with gpu bottleneck

Back