Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

I believe I just jinxed myself it crashed not 15 minutes later. Did they even test this game?

Since the patch, I am getting weird slowdowns and crashes. I hate these motherfuckers. Game was running like dope before the stupid update. Now can't play without screen also flickering (as if some jamming signal is on). Not sure if that is supposed to keep happening for THE FULL MATCH OF 45 FRICKIN MINUTES!

So mad.

Yea I was getting some massive frame rate drops that wouldn't go away till I restarted the game. But I seem to be getting less crashes overall.

i'm getting more crashes now.
after just about every game i crash, once the score screen ends so does my game.

i also hate this stupid new blur effect, that looks like you're watching a 3d movie without the 3d glasses.

I believe I just jinxed myself it crashed not 15 minutes later. Did they even test this game?

Don't be daft, DICE only beta test their games after release.....literally!!

pvunG4E.jpg

dice always been badly organized, all games they out out have had numerous bugs for years without fixing. ea also changed them so now they just suck.
dice lost thier identity, no more battlefield I am moving on from dice and waiting for titanfall.

Shhhh, entertainment software is special, stop being so entitled by thinking you deserve a working product in exchange for your money!

well if you were a "smart shopper" you would do research on a product before you buy,

IE, Quality, track record of company, Complaints of last revision.

If you did and still bought a dice/EA game, then its no ones fault but yours. If you have ever bought any, ANY EA or DICE game, you know from the get go the game sucks..

Same as if you didn't research..

I know damn well im not going to go out and buy a brand new car, with out looking at the manufactures track record, and recordable incidents, and complaints from other people..

Just saying..

Anyways Game is running good for me, had one crash, but thats when I was exiting the game.

well if you were a "smart shopper" you would do research on a product before you buy,

IE, Quality, track record of company, Complaints of last revision.

If you did and still bought a dice/EA game, then its no ones fault but yours. If you have ever bought any, ANY EA or DICE game, you know from the get go the game sucks..

Same as if you didn't research..

I know damn well im not going to go out and buy a brand new car, with out looking at the manufactures track record, and recordable incidents, and complaints from other people..

Just saying..

Anyways Game is running good for me, had one crash, but thats when I was exiting the game.

Ludicrous logic, whether or not you do research beforehand is irrelevant to the manufacturer's/supplier's obligation to provide a working product. Yes doing research beforehand will help you avoid much hair pulling, frustration,anger and having to have a shit fight with them after the fact, but it doesn't obviate their legal obligations and is a poor basis to dismiss people's complaints.

And in the case of a car, I would be going right back to the seller/manufacturer with legal ultimatums. Do you really think they would turn around and say "uhhhh everyone knows our cars are shit, jokes on you for buying our turd product" :rolleyes:

anyone notice some weird blur pulsing effect that happens every few seconds especially in conquest?

I can't find a way to turn it off, it is giving me a headache just started with recent patch. anyone know which setting that is?

Haha wtf is that. Their already was a beta.

Usually the beta builds that you get prerelease are months old. The biggest problem is that the beta only tested one map. The Siege of Shanghai map works great for me. It's every other map in the rotation that has sound issues or crashes.

And after playing a beta game (wow) for many years you would think I would never forget that.

You clever devs you, tricked me into another beta game.

anyone notice some weird blur pulsing effect that happens every few seconds especially in conquest?

I can't find a way to turn it off, it is giving me a headache just started with recent patch. anyone know which setting that is?

This! It only seems to happen in certain places of the map, like the around the tower in Hainan Resort. It's like the tv-static effect they use in the BF intro cinematics. It is truly a pain in the ass.

This! It only seems to happen in certain places of the map, like the around the tower in Hainan Resort. It's like the tv-static effect they use in the BF intro cinematics. It is truly a pain in the ass.

I was trying to work this out myself - I had it on Parcell Storm, near C.

I had to turn motion blur off in the video settings completely to remove this new always on blurring effect. I also changed my network smoothing default of 50 to 10 and it made magic things happen. Like no more emptying a clip into a bad guys back just to watch him turn around and shoot me in the face, doesn't seem to be happening anymore.

My blur setting was already at zero. Is it some kind of commander effect?

commander EMP. messes with the soldier's HUD used to display 3d map and spotting info.

these are future soldier they all have proper huds which is why we can see 3d spotting ect, atleast that is DICE's excuse

commander EMP. messes with the soldier's HUD used to display 3d map and spotting info.

these are future soldier they all have proper huds which is why we can see 3d spotting ect, atleast that is DICE's excuse

im guessing you are the same wildAce I have in my origin friends list -- my current name on there is LordFappaton (lol i know)

most likely, its pretty rare to see someone other than me using wildace some where.

There's a 50+ page thread about the blur on the BF forums. It's widely reviled and a confirmed bug by Dice. They're going to patch it out.

There's a 50+ page thread about the blur on the BF forums. It's widely reviled and a confirmed bug by Dice. They're going to patch it out.

Thank goodness. Every 3 seconds I was getting the EMP blur on my screen. It didn't start until after the patch.

Haven't played in about a week until today, and the server crashing seems to be worse than before. This is just plain ridiculous.

Haven't played in about a week until today, and the server crashing seems to be worse than before. This is just plain ridiculous.

NOTICE: WE ARE CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING ATTACKS ON OUR INFRASTRUCTURE THAT IS IMPACTING ONLINE GAMEPLAY ON BF4 PC. WE ARE WORKING ON MITIGATING ACTIONS

May have something to do with that. I haven't crashed since the client update came out, but I haven't played today either.

Edit: Crashed on my third game.

Last edited:
May have something to do with that. I haven't crashed since the client update came out, but I haven't played today either.

Ahh, maybe that's it. I haven't had any client crashes yet, but about 75% of the games I play in resolve with the server blacking out and disconnecting me. When I refresh the server, it either doesn't exist of has 0 players.

Attacks on their infrastructure? People must be really bored or someone must hate this game that badly to grief a game that's had a bunch of problems already.

This is exactly what my screen looks like

http://bf4central.com/2013/11/new-battlefield-4-patch-causes-new-problems/

It is driving me insane and making it unplayable tried these settings in user.cfg not working

WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0

This is exactly what my screen looks like

http://bf4central.com/2013/11/new-battlefield-4-patch-causes-new-problems/

It is driving me insane and making it unplayable tried these settings in user.cfg not working

WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0

Because it's not a graphical effect that can be configured, ala AA or texture filtering. It's a special in-game effect—the commander's EMP blast—that's incorrectly looping constantly. It's a bug, not a toggle.

I feel pretty bad for anyone who paid full retail for this POS, especailly those suckered into the season pass. What the hell has DICE done to constitute this bullshit?

I feel pretty bad for anyone who paid full retail for this POS, especailly those suckered into the season pass. What the hell has DICE done to constitute this bullshit?

well I paid full price and I'm pretty damn happy with it... I rarely crash and the games I've been in have all been pretty fun.

By no means am I saying EA/Dice are perfect, but for the amount of enjoyment I've gotten out of it, it was worth the 60 bucks, especially knowing I will be playing this for a solid year to come.

the game is damn fun. and like collegeboy said I'll be playing this for quite a while. here's to hoping the next BF game will be 1944, 2143, or BC3.

So since this patch BF4 has been on and off for me. Sometimes I can push through 3-5 rounds without a crash and sometimes, it crashes mid game. Either way, I went back to COD Ghosts lagfest until BF4 lagfest is resolved. Atleast in Ghosts, I can kill someone if they or I are lagging. In BF4, it is always me who gets fucked.

Back