Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

Thanks - I'll try those maps. At least the game is running beautifully for me on my 780 GTX - no crashes or problems at all, and they really tuned up the colors to look great! Just wish the game play was more interesting.

Are there ANY big maps in BF4? There is so much shit everywhere and the maps are so tight that I'm in a firefight every 20 seconds.

Play on 32 or 48 player servers. Even in BF2 as soon as you joined a 64 player server there was fighting in your face non-stop. You really can't plan on doing much in terms of working together, setting ambushes or thinking. Just kill what is popping up in front of you. This is why I avoid 64 player servers and do not understand why people seem to think more players = better.

I had a 35-2 game on Lancang Dam (started with a 33 kill run in the mobile AA) that locked up earlier today, server and all, losing everything. I just got out of a game on Flood Zone where I had another 31 kill run in the LAV and the server crashed this time with just 12 fucking tickets remaining on the enemy team.

But yeah, any time the teams are stacked to hell and there's no squad or team work the game is the most stable thing in the world. Thanks for saving all the shitty games!

That doesn't go away. The stats are recorded real time and it may take a few hours for battle log to show the new info.

That doesn't go away. The stats are recorded real time and it may take a few hours for battle log to show the new info.

im not sure i believe that, because ive had alot, and i mean alot of weapon unlocks not save because of server crashes, i am lvl 40 atm. and i cant count how many times ive had to unlock thing more than once.

crashing is ridiculous tonight. damn fun game, loving every minute that i'm actually connected and playing. just wish there were more of them.

Anybody think the tank and ifv gunner machine gun is weak as shit?

not really, if it was any stronger it would be pretty OP, granted it doesnt make sense from a realism stanpoint that the bullets dont do much but i can see why they did it.

crashing is ridiculous tonight. damn fun game, loving every minute that i'm actually connected and playing. just wish there were more of them.

play 32man normal conquest not conquest large 64man, and it will rarely crash. i had a 20 game winning streak going on a server today

im not sure i believe that, because ive had alot, and i mean alot of weapon unlocks not save because of server crashes, i am lvl 40 atm. and i cant count how many times ive had to unlock thing more than once.

The fact that you reached rank 40 within 5 days of release tells me that you don't really have any problems progressing. I've been playing a few hours every day and I just hit rank 17, and have had no end of crashes, frozen games, and other errors that threw away some really good games.

Found a pistol only server which was helpful for progressing with my pistols. Now it seems to have changed to a normal TDM server. :(

I am liking the regular sights over the ghost ring and RMR sights for the P226. I actually find it easier and quicker to acquire targets with them.

The fact that you reached rank 40 within 5 days of release tells me that you don't really have any problems progressing. I've been playing a few hours every day and I just hit rank 17, and have had no end of crashes, frozen games, and other errors that threw away some really good games.

yeah, but i switch to 32man server normal conquest and i dont really see many crashes any more.

dont use the grenade launcher for the assault kit because it will crash your game with some of the ammo types like LGS? and flash bang

At first I had no crashes and could play for hours on end. Now suddenly I can't go more than 3 games without the BF4 client crashing to the desktop , even in spectator mode. Its just incredibly frustrating. I've tried tons of different methods recommended and nothing works. 4 different drivers , disabling/enabling dozens of different things and I've even tried a fresh install on a different drive just to see if my OS was the culprit.

What the fuck is the point of an OPEN beta where hundreds of thousands if not MILLIONS of people try the game out and its as if DICE just took all that very valuable feedback and burned it the moment it streamed in completed. I'm really getting tired of this shit on the PC.

I think the dude complaining about the netcode made some pretty accurate statements. The rubber banding in BF4 is unacceptable. Even in release state. I do sometimes get shot while shooting someone then I see the shooter come out from behind a wall on the death screen. Either he is hacking (doubt it) or he is seeing me before I see him and I'm about 2 seconds behind him in terms of a reaction speed. Its not like this on all servers all the time but when it happens its incredibly obvious that lousy netcode or server instability is to blame.

It does seem like every AAA title these days suffers from game ending problems during launch. And it does feel like its getting more common place for PC games as well. As a PC gamer for over 25 years now I've come to expect that bugs are part of the package but you almost can't buy a supposed high quality PC title day one and NOT expect some kind of bug that could possibly ruin the fun and excitement factor. Its truly unacceptable. Its funny though IGN did a video about why they are waiting to do a review of BF4 for next gen systems and they mentioned even the PS4 is basically unplayable for any longer than 25 minutes or so before you get kicked from the game so this is a bug DICE knew effected ALL platforms equally and yet the day one patch did little to address it. I think developers and publishers are taking serious liberties with us PC gamers because we are the most tolerant audience when it comes to game crashing problems and its being taken to the extreme. Either we need to collectively stop buying these titles at launch to send them a real message or we should at least demand that a game be in playable form at the very least before its release. No more day one launch nightmares , make it playable for the vast majority of the audience and then work on the bugs.

This whole nonsense might just burn me out of day one major FPS releases entirely. I think I'm finally learning my lesson , no more day of release purchases concerning major FPS games on the PC. I guess for now I'll just forget BF4 , wait a few months for DICE to actually take the game out of a BETA status and into a release status. Seems the difference no longer matters , get it out the front door and PATCH BABY PATCH!!

He really seems to emphasize the netcode thing but it seems very exaggerated compared to what I experience. I play 64 player conquest and while the netcode isn't perfect it isn't nearly as bad as he's claiming it is, maybe he's just playing on servers that are on overloaded boxes

o-rly.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwTDrmn9Fqc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS7c6ib_MHc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXnUCN335dQ

The crap client side netcode isnt new, its been a problem ever since it was first adopted in BF3.

That last video. I've experienced that at least 4 times since I started playing.

Thank god someone got it on video. Fucking crazy. Maybe its time to ask Origin for a refund.

57% and 59% is unacceptable!

I just went from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 8.1 Pro tonight and now I see a HUGE difference! Both GPU's never go under 90% and the same spot as this one from before I'm now getting 105FPS with the same settings!

Wow, don't make me install Windows 8.1. Damn, will need a new SSD for that crap. Last time I installed Windows 8 on a regular HDD and I had to wait about 1 hour just to see desktop.

Totally worth it! I used Windows 8 for about 2 days when it first came out and hated it and went back to Windows 7 but now with 8.1 out I like the changes and this game runs so much better it's crazy and the only reason why I tried it was because of others saying that it runs better on 8.1 with the GPU usage for sli

Play on 32 or 48 player servers. Even in BF2 as soon as you joined a 64 player server there was fighting in your face non-stop. You really can't plan on doing much in terms of working together, setting ambushes or thinking. Just kill what is popping up in front of you. This is why I avoid 64 player servers and do not understand why people seem to think more players = better.

I don't know what you're talking about because there are bigger maps where all of this is definitely possible with 64 players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwTDrmn9Fqc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS7c6ib_MHc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXnUCN335dQ

The crap client side netcode isnt new, its been a problem ever since it was first adopted in BF3.

This doesn't refute anything I've said because again it could be the servers they're playing in causing this. Most BF4 servers are garbage. In fact most video game servers are because people buy from the most popular, lowest price providers that over stack boxes and create problems. The NFO servers I've used have been close to flawless.

BF games have had shit netcode since at least BF2 but what these players are experiencing are far worse than the WORST I've had in BF4 (but not the other games). I'm just stating my experience.

This doesn't refute anything I've said because again it could be the servers they're playing in causing this. Most BF4 servers are garbage. In fact most video game servers are because people buy from the most popular, lowest price providers that over stack boxes and create problems. The NFO servers I've used have been close to flawless.

BF games have had shit netcode since at least BF2 but what these players are experiencing are far worse than the WORST I've had in BF4 (but not the other games). I'm just stating my experience.

I have been playing MP games since Quake, and whilst problems with latency and shitty servers manifested in the form of lag, stuttering, warping, etc, the only time I ever come across shit like this (dying behind cover & insta kills) is with games which have adopted shitty client side hit detection. Just my experience.

Last edited:
I was having some crash issues. It turned out to be caused by the 64bit EXE to run the game. I switched to the 32bit. Zero crashes and better FPS.. Fixed it for me.. Hopefully others.

I was able to get a few rounds in last night with no crashes and server disconnects.
There are now hardcore servers, which is what I prefer, and was able to get almost a level per round of gameplay. Got almost 2 levels on one round.

I was able to get a few rounds in last night with no crashes and server disconnects.
There are now hardcore servers, which is what I prefer, and was able to get almost a level per round of gameplay. Got almost 2 levels on one round.

Looking forward to trying it. Doesn't hardcore have a magazine system? If so can you retain partially used mags or does it just dump them to the ground?

good thing ea has the nice refund policy. what an awful experience.

Well, I have to admit I'd gotten off light until today. No rounds finished out of 5. 3 x looping sound crash on Shanghai then server meltdown on my best ever round on Paracell. Bleh.

Well, just saw the stat for "quits" in battlelog stats page. Since I never "quit" a game, I'll assume that % is the number of crashes I get. I crash/disconnect out of 22% of games lol. Annoyingly high number.

He really seems to emphasize the netcode thing but it seems very exaggerated compared to what I experience. I play 64 player conquest and while the netcode isn't perfect it isn't nearly as bad as he's claiming it is, maybe he's just playing on servers that are on overloaded boxes

Bringing the network smoothing down to zero has helped a bit, but it is not exaggerated from my experience. I play on a lot of infantry only maps, and I die quite a bit from people who I cannot even see around the corner. Or I die just as I see their arm pop out from around the corner. It has nothing to do with my latency since my ping is between 4-30ms on a vast majority of the US servers; in fact, I should have an advantage going against most people.

I'm aware of the client side hit detection and shitty netcode that has been apparent since BF3, but it seems much worse in BF4.

Bringing the network smoothing down to zero has helped a bit, but it is not exaggerated from my experience. I play on a lot of infantry only maps, and I die quite a bit from people who I cannot even see around the corner. Or I die just as I see their arm pop out from around the corner. It has nothing to do with my latency since my ping is between 4-30ms on a vast majority of the US servers; in fact, I should have an advantage going against most people.

I'm aware of the client side hit detection and shitty netcode that has been apparent since BF3, but it seems much worse in BF4.

Your ping doesn't have anything to do with whether the box is oversold or really interp in general.

I guess my point is just that I don't have problems this bad and I'm playing the same game you guys are so the logical things to do is look at what we don't have in common (FPS, servers played on, Internet connection, etc.). I agree the game has bad netcode but I've never had issues this bad nor have the people I play with daily

Don't double click on deploy location. Crash 100% of the time for me.

Yeah I was having that problem too. It seems like the first 3-6 times it will work just fine, but then crash thereafter.

The game is completely unplayable for me. I've crashed every single game for the last 5-8. Sometimes CTD and other times is the looping sound. I didn't crash a single time until I installed the patch they released.

Back