Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

If only there was a way to destroy helicopters. Maybe like a class that has rpg's and heat seeking missiles, that would be awesome. Maybe even if they added some kind of specific vehicle to deal with air threats.. Or maybe even simply 3d spot it and let the ai AA gun take it out in 3 seconds. Crazy ideas I know, but they just might work.

If a transport chopper is in your uncap, and is "raping" you and you dont know how to stop it, then its time to put down this game and perhaps try super mario.

How can you shoot down an enemy (that isn't even flying) when you spawn right next to them? They're already aiming their weapons right at you within your spawn. You literately can't turn around in time because it takes ~2 seconds to the attack helicopter to spool up.

If you're man enough to show me how it is done we can get on an empty server sometime. You'll park an attack heli on the ground (facing away from me) and I'll sit to the right of you with an RPG or tank aimed at the cockpit. When I tell you to you'll jump in and I'll shoot. If you can manage to get the helicopter started before my rocket/mini gun/tank cannon can travel ~20 feet then maybe you will have a point. Even then the test isn't all that realistic since you know where I am. And you typically don't expect the enemy to be in your starting base. From a design perspective, it defeats the purpose of having a base if the enemy can freely sit there all day. It should just be another flag to capture.

Had you been talking about spawn beacons you would have had a point. But remember we're talking about enemies camping vehicle spawn locations within the other teams starting base.

As for bf being "hardcore", I hate to piss in your corn flakes, but BF2 was essentially RO for noobs. Medkits, ability for anyone to get in vehicles - the list was endless. Add in the horrid floaty vehicle mechanics and drunk shooting accuracy and the game was rather crappy. BC2/BF3/4 blow it out of the water.

How can you shoot down an enemy (that isn't even flying) when you spawn right next to them? They're already aiming their weapons right at you within your spawn. You literately can't turn around in time because it takes ~2 seconds to the attack helicopter to spool up.

If you're man enough to show me how it is done we can get on an empty server sometime. You'll park an attack heli on the ground (facing away from me) and I'll sit to the right of you with an RPG or tank aimed at the cockpit. When I tell you to you'll jump in and I'll shoot. If you can manage to get the helicopter started before my rocket/mini gun/tank cannon can travel ~20 feet then maybe you will have a point. Even then the test isn't all that realistic since you know where I am. And you typically don't expect the enemy to be in your starting base. From a design perspective, it defeats the purpose of having a base if the enemy can freely sit there all day. It should just be another flag to capture.

Had you been talking about spawn beacons you would have had a point. But remember we're talking about enemies camping vehicle spawn locations within the other teams starting base.

As for bf being "hardcore", I hate to piss in your corn flakes, but BF2 was essentially RO for noobs. Medkits, ability for anyone to get in vehicles - the list was endless. Add in the horrid floaty vehicle mechanics and drunk shooting accuracy and the game was rather crappy. BC2/BF3/4 blow it out of the water.
This scenario would happen 1 single time to anyone with at least 2 brain cells.

First time, it caught you off guard, now you know. If you are dumb enough to spawn in the exact same vehicle(i assume instant vehicle now) then you deserve to be farmed.

If ANY enemy is in your base and killing you for more than a few seconds then its YOUR fault seeing how it's so incredibly easy to get rid of them...and there are 31 other people that have all these same options. Again, you dont even have to be skilled or fast, or even have rpg/c4, be in another vehicle..etc..etc. Spot them, they will be dead to the base AA in 2 seconds.

There are times when you are getting legit spawned raped by being all capped and having the entire team waiting outside your base. But your example would never happen in this game and is not even a miniscule problem to think about.

There are times when you are getting legit spawned raped by being all capped and having the entire team waiting outside your base.

So an enemy team pushing you back and keeping your team contained is "spawn rape" but enemies spawning in your base/vehicles is fair game? Did you read the garbage you just wrote?

Pushing your team back and containing you is fair (they are outside of your base). Your team must have done poorly to get in that situation to. But an enemy sitting in your base for minutes and freely taking your team's vehicles at their leisure isn't. So you're telling me:

1) We shouldn't have spawn protection.

2) Enemy team members should be able to freely move within your base and spawn in your vehicles, defeating the whole purpose of the team base in the first place.

Maybe we should be able to spawn on enemy squad leaders to. Hell, lets make it possible for an enemy to spawn in your tanks gunner position. Spawn everywhere, no protection or limits. You should get a job in the game industry, I'm sure you'll churn out masterpieces. :D

So an enemy team pushing you back and keeping your team contained is "spawn rape" but enemies spawning in your base/vehicles is fair game? Did you read the garbage you just wrote?

Pushing your team back and containing you is fair (they are outside of your base). Your team must have done poorly to get in that situation to. But an enemy sitting in your base for minutes and freely taking your team's vehicles at their leisure isn't. So you're telling me:

1) We shouldn't have spawn protection.

2) Enemy team members should be able to freely move within your base and spawn in your vehicles, defeating the whole purpose of the team base in the first place.

Maybe we should be able to spawn on enemy squad leaders to. Hell, lets make it possible for an enemy to spawn in your tanks gunner position. Spawn everywhere, no protection or limits. You should get a job in the game industry, I'm sure you'll churn out masterpieces. :D

Again, if you are dumb enough to be killed by some guy in your own base..over and over, then perhaps you need to try super mario. I would also suggest wearing a helmet for the remainder of your real life.

You cant "freely move and spawn and in the enemy base", did you read the garbage you just wrote? Have you actually ever played this game?

If you can't decipher the gigantic difference from getting spawned raped from being all capped and and some guy flying a heli into your own base to MAYBE get one kill before he is destroyed...then I cant help you any further.

Your example is dumb, i've proven over and over again why its dumb. I explained it to you, I cant understand it for you.

That happened one time on domination. And as a matter of fact a dude was trolling us on CQ on Zavod. So we took an LAV which was in the field and blew the chopper to bits with a tow missile.
As i said before i never experienced that on CQ, only domination, but who needs a spawn base on that when you parachute in the middle of the map.

Few days ago i had a recon dude in my squad tagging shit left and right and i had RPG's and we were dropping choppers out of sky like flies. It was fun because it rarely happens to me on pub servers to team up with decent squad.
So i decided to try and do the same.
I was running around as recon, class i almost never use, just to tag choppers and armor with that laser thingy to see how many people are going to work with me. In 2-3 days i managed to bring down just a couple of choppers. I'm talking 20+ matches. Half a team are engineers and nobody gives a shit. Bunch of different servers and nothing, no team work whatsoever. Chopper or tank is tagged for 10-15 seconds and not a single rocket is fired at them. I was just shaking my head considering how easy is for KDR whores to score. What a freaking difference when you're lone wolfing and when you play with clan mates in Team Speak (back in BF2/2142 days).

Few days ago i had a recon dude in my squad tagging shit left and right and i had RPG's and we were dropping choppers out of sky like flies. It was fun because it rarely happens to me on pub servers to team up with decent squad.
I was running around as recon, class i almost never use, just to tag choppers and armor with that laser thingy to see how many people are going to work with me. In 2-3 days i managed to bring down just a couple of choppers. I'm talking 20+ matches. Half a team are engineers and nobody gives a shit. Bunch of different servers and nothing, no team work whatsoever. Chopper or tank is tagged for 10-15 seconds and not a single rocket is fired at them. I was just shaking my head considering how easy is for KDR whores to score. What a freaking difference when you're lone wolfing and when you play with clan mates in Team Speak (back in BF2/2142 days).

Its a completely different game if you can team up. Designator and JAV can own, but you have to find like minded individuals who are in it for the team aspect and not to stat pad or grind. I agree that it seemed to be much more prevalent in the BF2 days. A fully functioning squad is a force to be reckoned with.

Since the clan I used to play with slowly disintegrated the BF world has not been as much fun. Those days you do find a group working together make it fun again.

Its a completely different game if you can team up. Designator and JAV can own, but you have to find like minded individuals who are in it for the team aspect and not to stat pad or grind. I agree that it seemed to be much more prevalent in the BF2 days. A fully functioning squad is a force to be reckoned with.

Since the clan I used to play with slowly disintegrated the BF world has not been as much fun. Those days you do find a group working together make it fun again.
Well, its called pre planning. Which is why i usually squad up with some buddies when i play. Theres no used of tagging if no one is bringing javelins to the party. So when were playing rush, especially defending on paracel storm, one usually ask if anyone is tagging, and if so, then one or two of us will equip the javelins. Those are free fuckin kills. As a matter of fact the snowball effect happens. Another dude will be the support class to get those ammo resupply points as well.

Again, if you are dumb enough to be killed by some guy in your own base..over and over, then perhaps you need to try super mario. I would also suggest wearing a helmet for the remainder of your real life.

You cant "freely move and spawn and in the enemy base", did you read the garbage you just wrote? Have you actually ever played this game?

If you can't decipher the gigantic difference from getting spawned raped from being all capped and and some guy flying a heli into your own base to MAYBE get one kill before he is destroyed...then I cant help you any further.

Your example is dumb, i've proven over and over again why its dumb. I explained it to you, I cant understand it for you.

People complaining about baserape are just telegraphing their inexperience. Reminds me of every humble bundler that's been playing the game 20 minutes and are having a meltdown in the in-game chat over it. It's existed since BF2 (and prob before that but I don't go back that for).

There's a counter for EVERYTHING. That said, join 50 random matches and you will not find a single instance of it happening - it's extremely rare, all things considered. There are far bigger, more commonly occurring nuisances to be worried about.

There's a counter for EVERYTHING.

Just got my IFV stuck in a shipping container. I drove next to it and now half my vehicle is clipping through the 3D model. Where is the counter for what, oh epic one? I especially love it when you try and exit the vehicle but you can't, because you are inside the 3D model. So you're stuck there with a vehicle that is stuck in the map and you can't even run away. Show me the fucking "counter" for that.

I'll just chalk this up as another vehicle nerf for the sniper jackasses who want to play sniper across a room and throw a fit when vehicles kick their ass across the map. Its kind of funny how broken and shitty this game is 2+ years after release. Its a shame this is the best mainstream multiplayer game the industry can offer.

I'll just chalk this up as another vehicle nerf for the sniper jackasses who want to play sniper across a room and throw a fit when vehicles kick their ass across the map. Its kind of funny how broken and shitty this game is 2+ years after release. Its a shame this is the best mainstream multiplayer game the industry can offer.
Every other day I visit this thread to see a flurry of your posts saying "I will complain about something mundane that everyone else deals with and blow it way out of proportion, then proceed to blame it on something completely unrelated such as player classes I hate."

If you hate it that much, find something else to play.

Last edited:
If it happened once every 10 hours I'd see your point, but it happens multiple times in a single game. Rocks, containers, nothing you name it. I'm sure you've noticed the new invisible "speed bumps" along the river on Giants of Karelia. Drive full speed and you'll hit an invisible wall. Luckily once you restart acceleration you can continue to go forward until you hit the next one. Only effects vehicles for some reason.

Of course, buggy vehicles mechanics is just a small issue.

If it happened once every 10 hours I'd see your point, but it happens multiple times in a single game. Rocks, containers, nothing you name it. I'm sure you've noticed the new invisible "speed bumps" along the river on Giants of Karelia. Drive full speed and you'll hit an invisible wall. Luckily once you restart acceleration you can continue to go forward until you hit the next one. Only effects vehicles for some reason.

I've never had that happen and I've been playing since launch. Been playing this game a lot lately, and the only problem I've ever had is that I'm either a badass or a complete turd. 30 kills one match, 4 - 15 or something the next.

Game itself runs like butter with everything maxed and at 150% resolution @ 100 FPS.

Serious question...

Does the vehicle simply stop moving, no engine noise (except a throttle down), nothing?
-or-
Does it make a slamming noise and/or shudder like when you ram anything else in the game?

If its the former then there is something else at play. I run into that issue a lot due to a keyboard issue. Every once in a while my character will simply stop moving forward. It happens to me on foot and in any vehicle. It has something to do with the pathetic n-key rollover capability of my keyboard (often hitting shift, W, maybe A or S or a another key at same time) or my keyboard is worn. I haven't been able to nail it since its sporadic.

If its the latter, I don't know what to tell you. I don't drive in the middle of that river on Giants of Karelia so I've never experienced it myself. I avoid driving there since it makes your tank a sitting duck for rockets coming from infantry from the slopes on either side. Not only is the vehicle slowed by water limiting evasion tactics, all those missiles are top down attacks too which often get thru APS if you aren't careful.

If I ever take a vehicle in there, its to cross to the other side.

The only other time I get weird vehicle mechanics is when my network connection goes to shit and I'm dropping packets. That usually shows up in the network meter that I enable from the settings menu. I have never had these issues on the level that you are purporting. I'm not saying you aren't experiencing them as I've heard a few people with the issue (not as vocal though). I'm saying you are either blowing the context out of proportion or you are simply 1 out of 100 people that experiences it constantly. I don't know which.

Last edited:
filter for 48 man and check out section 8. They have a 48 man 60hz server w premium maps and admins. Can't cuss. Very good competition there.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...60HZ-TICKRATE/

Chicago server btw. High ping kick at 160. Most UK players are ok as are West Coasters.

It is a pro style server. Especially on the weekends when the adults all play. Some of the best fights I have been in a pub. Consistently a good round. So the tradeoff is to not type fuck you asshat every time you get whomped. Big deal. It is what it is. Just keep it civil and let ur guns do the talking.

Been playing on Section8 quite a lot the last few weeks and really enjoying it. People actually PTFO and communicate well. I hear lots of chatter on in-game VOIP and the Teamspeak server is decently active as well. I ping 65-70 so it's totally fine. Really enjoying BF4 again, what a difference from launch and the early patches!

Not experiencing any of the vehicle problems folks are talking about. Yeah the IFV gets stuck on Dragon Valley here and there but it's not an epidemic by any means. I use ground armour pretty exclusively.

Ah, good old game server admin faggotry.

I haven't played BF4 in almost a year. A year ago I was unemployed, then I found a new job and shorty after that I moved - been busy. Today, I finally got to a point where I felt like gaming again so I reinstalled BF4. A lot has changed but went it with. I joined a 48-man conquest server. A new round starts, 800 tickets per team. I play almost the whole round (200 opponent tickets left and 100 left on my team). I am 4th on team and I am 26-13 with about 8500 points. Then I kicked. The reason? "not an average player." WTF does that even mean?

I haven't played BF4 in almost a year. A year ago I was unemployed, then I found a new job and shorty after that I moved - been busy. Today, I finally got to a point where I felt like gaming again so I reinstalled BF4. A lot has changed but went it with. I joined a 48-man conquest server. A new round starts, 800 tickets per team. I play almost the whole round (200 opponent tickets left and 100 left on my team). I am 4th on team and I am 26-13 with about 8500 points. Then I kicked. The reason? "not an average player." WTF does that even mean?

You may have joined a server where it's supposed to be "noobs only" or something like that. In any case, lame admins are everywhere and enjoy exacting the very frustration you experienced.

Let me guess: OTC's server?

I'm looking for some good servers. just started playing again after buying premium, looking to play premium maps mostly.

any server suggestions?

btw: rogue tranmission on conquest large is pretty awful.

I don't know if it is my PC or something with EA tonight, but everytime I connect to a server BF4 crashes giving me the debug option. It worked fine last night. Anyone else having issues? The only thing I can think is the new ATi driver since that is the only change on my PC but I did that before I played yesterday and rebooted before then.

Some people are just to amazing and lucky... I could never get this kind of luck if I try.

Just reinstalled when I was tipped off that ALL the dlc is free until the 19th.

I'm really bad haha. I busted my joystick out and can still fly the heli's like a pro, but man as soon as I hop in a jet I get raped in dog fights instantly.

Started playing this on PC after getting back into BF from the bf1 beta. I mainly play Rush hardcore right now which is a lot of fast cqc with way too many explosions. trying to level up and unlock stuff quick as possible. I have a ton of xp boosters.

One thing that pisses me off is that it seems like there's an issue with the hit registration sometimes. like sometimes bullets that certainly hit another player do nothing. I don't suck either, I maintain a positive KD average and I think I'm division 2 for skill and 2 for score per minute. sometimes when getting in a quick gun fight with another player where I die but still put 2-4 rounds center mass into the other player before he kills me it tells me he still has 100hp. not sure if that is a bug or what but it's annoying.

One thing that pisses me off is that it seems like there's an issue with the hit registration sometimes. like sometimes bullets that certainly hit another player do nothing. I don't suck either, I maintain a positive KD average and I think I'm division 2 for skill and 2 for score per minute. sometimes when getting in a quick gun fight with another player where I die but still put 2-4 rounds center mass into the other player before he kills me it tells me he still has 100hp. not sure if that is a bug or what but it's annoying.
What servers are you playing on? I think there are dedicated 60/sec tick servers out there, but not all of them are.

What servers are you playing on? I think there are dedicated 60/sec tick servers out there, but not all of them are.

I am playing on a 40hz rush 64 player server. Forget the name, something like ADM no nonsense rules or some crap. I can only play hardcore because the damage done by guns in normal mode is fucking obsurd. plus the kill cam that shows you who killed you and where they are in normal mode is idiotic.

It's almost like the game cancels a couple of your shots sometimes if you shoot at another player right when they shoot at you. sometimes I'll die like from a sniper round but get off a few shots that clearly should have done damage but the counter says 100hp. it's not a big deal. I've played a lot this weekend and I've gotten used to it and just accept it.

I shouldn't expect a huge game like Battlefield to have hit registration and net code as good as other shooters on a smaller scale. I still enjoy the game and do well. I just reached division 1 for score per minute which is surprising since I'm only on the top of the board 30% of the time. must not be too hard. I usually like realistic games but I am having fun playing this on PC. on ps4 I got tired of it because controller and frame rate. I appreciate what type of game it is. I like sniping and their implementation of bullet drop and zeroing. the slow velocity of some of the ammo is annoying but makes it fun.

Perhaps someone can give me some insight. Just upgraded to an Asus 1070 and the Asus 34" curved monitor. [email protected], 8gig ram, Win 10 64bit, newest drivers. Upgrading motherboard and other later.

Had a 6850 and old 24" Dell. BF4 ran great, now I get no more than 20fps at native res. I can drop settings to lowest and its still like that, drop resolution, still 20fps. Battlefront runs at 60fps with Gsync on. Which is set to stay on.

Other games run fine too, it's just BF4. Any ideas?

Perhaps someone can give me some insight. Just upgraded to an Asus 1070 and the Asus 34" curved monitor. [email protected], 8gig ram, Win 10 64bit, newest drivers. Upgrading motherboard and other later.

Had a 6850 and old 24" Dell. BF4 ran great, now I get no more than 20fps at native res. I can drop settings to lowest and its still like that, drop resolution, still 20fps. Battlefront runs at 60fps with Gsync on. Which is set to stay on.

Other games run fine too, it's just BF4. Any ideas?
Try rolling back the drivers, preferably the WHQL set right before BF1 Beta in late August. Once you do that, double check all graphics settings including resolution scaling and any hidden ones you may have changed in your .ini file.

I installed the latest release to play the BF1 Beta. I was getting excellent fps with BF1. When the beta ended I went back to BF4 and noticed my fps had been cut in half. There might be something going on with the latest Geforce Experience too, as it seemed to have its own framerate counter showing up in BF4 (that I couldn't figure out how to turn off) and the shadowplay settings had changed in such a way that I didn't want to spend anymore time trying to figure out if it was on also.

In my case, I rolled back to the May driver that I was using for the DOOM 2016 release, and performance shot back up to where it was before.

I suspect Battlefront isn't affected because the game engine and graphics are very similar to BF1's, so when they updated the driver for BF1 it didn't affect Battlefront. BF4 is a slightly older version of the game engine with a different set of graphics tech (e.g. BF4 lacks photogammetry).

Please note: I have a GTX760 4GB and your card is much newer than mine. I asked if my clan mates were having the same issue, and only one of them did (he had a 770). The guys that had 9 and 10 series cards didn't have any issues. It could be happening to you though.

Last edited:
18dc502ec47c4aeeaa7dd8939dfc8eb7.png

glad to see they're keeping battlelog. i play both BF1 and BF4 regularly and bouncing between the two really emphasizes my appreciation for battlelog. i wish they hadn't abandoned it for BF1. this is a minuscule issue, ultimately it doesn't really matter to me. i'll use whatever is required to find games to join but if i had to choose between the two i'd choose battlelog every time.

Back