Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

Never liked normal. The number of bullets required in a semi-realistic military shooter always didn't feel "right". And the damn spotting tags is the most ridiculous crap. Hardcore and a nice clean UI is awesome.

Exactly.

My brother is big into World of Tanks, I can't figure out why he enjoys it . I just don't see the challenge of fighting in a world with huge red tags floating above the enemy. Just seems lame as hell to me.

I like the new game mode which is between normal and hardcore. IMO it makes it the BF game everyone wanted.

Do you guys play Hardcore or Normal?

If I play a pistols/knives only server, I go hardcore simply because those servers are usually not in conquest modes, there is usually limited ammo for pistols, and having to shoot a guy 5-6 times with a shitty 9mm becomes tedious. Hardcore with TDM or Domination using the other weapons gets old quick when weapons like the AEK-971 exist. They shoot so fucking fast, it feels like a one shot kill if you are on the receiving end due to the lower health and high rounds per minute.

The other big issue with hardcore servers has to do with any mode involving vehicles. Vehicles are way overpowered against infantry in this game. Having a few extra health points in Normal mode makes the game a little more enjoyable.

Everything else, I play Normal mode. There is way too much weird bullshit such as bugs, netcode, game mechanics, etc. going on in this game as is. No killcam and lower health is prime territory for hackers to abuse servers with aimbots, wall hacks, damage multipliers and get away with it moreso when the engadgement range opens up past 50+ meters.

Don't get me wrong, hackers exist on regular servers too. However, I feel that their advantages are much lessened. 3D spotting and positional audio makes wall hacks near useless. Add to that the new TDD auto spot gadget for carbines and DMR's, everyone already has a built in wallhack. Very skilled players make aimbots pointless, and those with obvious bots are usually found out quickly on well admin'd (non-official but ranked) servers due to their stats (bf4db.com and similar) and FairPlay taking care of some others. The smarter hackers end up turning the settings down on their cheats so their stats aren't any better than any skilled player, of which I already face dozens of everyday. So unless they are overtly hacking, I can still take out their sorry ass.

Last edited:
If I want to go 25-2 and feel like I'm Rambo, I play normal.

If I want excitement and a little rush, I play hardcore and go 12-7.

ALL while playing to win, my [H] friends. ;)

I like the new game mode which is between normal and hardcore. IMO it makes it the BF game everyone wanted.

They have one of those? I've been preaching for a hybrid for years. It'd be more in-line with BF42 that way.

I love hardcore for the lack of all the COD-mass changes (regen, 3d spotting, etc). But can't stand FF being on. It allows people to grief others, as well as leads to a lot of accidental blue-on-blue situations. Naturally, without 3d spotting/tags, that becomes even worse.

There's nothing more annoying than shooting up a vehicle with an enemy and then driving off, only for 30 seconds later to have that vehicle blow up and give you a TK because some friendly took cover (or walked) next to it.

I wasn't aware they had a new hybrid game mode either and I play everyday...

it's called classic mode. every time i've tried to play it there have been very few servers running it.

The other big issue with hardcore servers has to do with any mode involving vehicles. Vehicles are way overpowered against infantry in this game. Having a few extra health points in Normal mode makes the game a little more enjoyable.

Everything else, I play Normal mode. There is way too much weird bullshit such as bugs, netcode, game mechanics, etc. going on in this game as is. No killcam and lower health is prime territory for hackers to abuse servers with aimbots, wall hacks, damage multipliers and get away with it moreso when the engadgement range opens up past 50+ meters.

Don't get me wrong, hackers exist on regular servers too. However, I feel that their advantages are much lessened. 3D spotting and positional audio makes wall hacks near useless. Add to that the new TDD auto spot gadget for carbines and DMR's, everyone already has a built in wallhack. Very skilled players make aimbots pointless, and those with obvious bots are usually found out quickly on well admin'd (non-official but ranked) servers due to their stats (bf4db.com and similar) and FairPlay taking care of some others. The smarter hackers end up turning the settings down on their cheats so their stats aren't any better than any skilled player, of which I already face dozens of everyday. So unless they are overtly hacking, I can still take out their sorry ass.

Overpowered? A few hits with an RPG and you're done from a solo engi. If anything, I feel the vehicles are underpowered in BF4...I can't remember the last time I even gave a fuck if an attack chopper was flying around, and the minigun in the transport chopper has been a joke since BF3.

And a kill cam is a huge joke, to me, in a casual-competitive game. Have a good spot and get killed by someone? Oh look, here is exactly where he is, so just take a no-skill m320 and pop it right over there. Uh uh. I grew up in Quake where if I find a good spot, I'm going to use it and you need to earn finding me.

I don’t know about Quake but in Battlefield HC servers you’ll always find that selfish kd whore not contributing anything to his team camping in a tree in conquest mode or spending half the round hiding in rush mode so he can end up behind the attacking team to get a couple of easy kills. In non-hardcore, I’ll respawn, spot him then snipe him and move on.

I tried it, it’s so boring. here is the master of it (from bad company 2), 4500 hours from his life just camping and sniping, high k/d but shit score/minute (only 80 while the average is 300+), this is not a skill, this is sad.

Overpowered? A few hits with an RPG and you're done from a solo engi. If anything, I feel the vehicles are underpowered in BF4...I can't remember the last time I even gave a fuck if an attack chopper was flying around, and the minigun in the transport chopper has been a joke since BF3.

And a kill cam is a huge joke, to me, in a casual-competitive game. Have a good spot and get killed by someone? Oh look, here is exactly where he is, so just take a no-skill m320 and pop it right over there. Uh uh. I grew up in Quake where if I find a good spot, I'm going to use it and you need to earn finding me.

Overpowered in certain situations, yes. I probably could have explained it better. Maybe I should say their are situations when as a squad of infi you get caught out in the open the vehicles are overpowering. Having that little extra HP is nice and gives you a fighting chance.

Some vehicles are still OP, particularly the Gunship and the Littlebird. I'm glad the gunship got a nerf and has a slower respawn time. The Littlebird isn't OP because of the weapons so much as its the 2 spots for Engi's to repair making the damn thing invincible with the best pilots. I wouldn't mind the awesome pilots running huge killstreaks in them if something could be done about those mid flight repairs. Oh well, back to SRAW'ing them instead, they can't repair that shit. :cool:

And the transport chopper's guns got a weird buff/nerf several month's ago. Super powerful and insanely accurate now, but they overheat extremely quickly. I might get 1-2 guys in one pass, but it only takes a small burst now.

You could camp in Quake? We played different games I guess.

Runequake, Zolquake, custom maps, yeah you could camp RL on certain maps. :p

Gunship is definitely OP; I have such a skewed view of the game only playing rush, I don't even know the last time I played a map that had the gunship.

Gunship is definitely OP; I have such a skewed view of the game only playing rush, I don't even know the last time I played a map that had the gunship.

Conversely, if you play on a map that has the gunship AND the attack jet it's a free killing spree with the jet.

Lost Islands and Lancang Damn come to mind. I can't recall any others.

How do you launch mortars in this game I see it during Team Deathmatch Engineer unlock? How does it work?

If I got to level 140 I think I would puke my guts out.....Unless I used 200% boosts even then....
I think I'm level 17 or 18...

If I got to level 140 I think I would puke my guts out.....Unless I used 200% boosts even then....
I think I'm level 17 or 18...
It was quite easy. I hit 140 the other week.

I never played without applying a booster, even if it was the measly 25% ones. I would try out new weapons and get battlepacks with more boosters the more I played with them.

I saved all my 100% and 200% boosters for double XP events. Since I bought premium also, there were even more double xp events for premium users only. During double xp events I played nothing but medic or support class on 24/7 locker or metro servers.

Using these methods, I would hit the new level cap 2-3 weeks after each new DLC came out.

Finally got around to playing a TDM of Giants of Karelia fun map took forever to figure it out found the hatch on top of everything missed the ladder going down so I tired to parachute.

Yep, I haven't really played much because there aren't more classic servers, can't play normal mode anymore. I try to populate them but never seem to get a game going.

So, I guess the best way to piss people off in a 64 hardcore locker server is to use nothing but the EOD bot. Went 52 and 0 before people started to try to vote kick me off the server.

Last edited:
So, I guess the best way to piss people off in a 64 hardcore locker server is to use nothing but the EOD bot. Went 52 and 0 before people started to try to vote kick me off the server.

They buffed the hell out of the EOD bot it seems. In hardcore, I can be prone, bipod out with an LMG and unload a good 20-30 rounds and it'll still keep on going right past me. The repair torch then kills me in all of 1-2 seconds. Adamantium upgrade?!

thumbs_up_nph.gif

They buffed the hell out of the EOD bot it seems. In hardcore, I can be prone, bipod out with an LMG and unload a good 20-30 rounds and it'll still keep on going right past me. The repair torch then kills me in all of 1-2 seconds. Adamantium upgrade?!
I think what they did was buff the repair tool in general when used as a weapon. I've had guys sneak up on my tank and blow it up in just a few seconds using the repair tool. It's quite possible that DICE copy pasted this buff on the repair tool to the EOD bot, since it too has one. I can still kill the bots easily with my LMG and it still feels like it takes the same 20+ bullets like it did on launch day. I could be wrong though.

I bought it for 32 a few days ago, and I definitely feel it was worth it at that price, especially if you loved the base game.

Back