Battlefield 4 Game Play Video Is Up!

Eh because videogame. DICE already playtested 100% destructible buildings and when everyone knows that you can blast a building to rubble, the first thing everyone does is blasts every building to rubble. It would be priority #1 for every annoying kid that gets in a tank.

The answer to that is realistic ammo limits and supplies. If he goes wasting his ammunition on blowing up a building that has no evidence of enemies within, then he should find himself with limited supplies thereafter... or something.

Or have enough buildings that it's all gravy.

I dunno--if done right, it would be amazing.

Yes I am serious. I'm also serious when I say that your BF3 fandom is going to result in you having a bad time if you're going to try and censor and belittle everyone who finds BF4 utterly underwhelming.

Dethred might still be going on about the same stuff for two years, but it doesn't make him any less correct about it all.

:rolleyes: Right, sorry I find it unhealthy that someone has been making the same statement in threads of a game he hates for years now; I guess it's going to be a "bad time" for me. Or maybe I'll save the stress on my heart and just relax and enjoy the game for what it is, instead of be part of the "in crowd" circle jerk of everyone hating on a game long before any gameplay is even out.

The answer to that is realistic ammo limits and supplies. If he goes wasting his ammunition on blowing up a building that has no evidence of enemies within, then he should find himself with limited supplies thereafter... or something.

Or have enough buildings that it's all gravy.

I dunno--if done right, it would be amazing.

Agreed, but even in BC2, in servers with higher tickets, everything would be flattened and it greatly diminished the overall quality of the gameplay. That being said, large urban buildings shouldn't really be able to be completely demolished, even by tanks. You can take down the facade, but to some extent BF3 already allows you to do that. Buildings you can't get into rain down debris that can kill you. It isn't persistent, but I don't think there is the bandwith/processing power to do that. It's one of those issues that people (not you) knee-jerkingly refer to as consolitis, but don't realize there are real gameplay consequences and decisions that need to go into it. Your character would probably collapse of dehydration running around after all that time in the desert maps, but not even ARMA goes to that level of realism, because gameplay > all.

Gimme this:
Mi_35_Russian_Attack_Helicopter_6.jpeg

Is it just me or does the color look washed out? and the glare of the sun is over done. The game still looks pretty good though.

EA releases video. Everyone gets mad.

Sounds about right.

Its more like EA releases video thats making people feel like its "2 years ago all over again" - essentially a repeat of the BF3 first trailer that was heavy on the prebaked effects and QTE's from the SP campaign with impossible visuals that many ended up feeling misled by. Whatever. The bigger issue is DICE has always insisted they were better than the annualized COD copy/paste job shooter that has become status quo in the industry (remember.. their "Above and Beyond The Call" tagline) and yet here they are seemingly no better. Presumably people expected more, or at least expected different...

Last edited:
Spotting is still a fucking awful mechanic and muted colors (while pretending you're doing something unique, no less) are still fucking dumb.

So it seems no one really cares or acknowledges the greatest flaw of bf3 besides madhatter anyway.

CLIENT side is junk if this new bf game is not server side it's going to be the same shitty game and have all the same bugs and exploits as BF3 it boggles my mind no one gets this.

At most bf4 will be an after thought when I can get it for $15 for this very reason.

Never mind the rest of the shitty game code that makes having a custom server a nightmare.
Also I guess no one remembers the shit dice would break every fucking patch then leave in the game till next patch for literally months just fuck up something else with that patch....
Remember all the idiots with the m26 ..... Yeah that was awesome...
Dice disgusts me more than EA or just as much anyway...

My biggest problem is every DLC introduces another game mode that is only for that DLC, so you segregate the population even more. All the modes should be playable on all the maps. I'd love to play Capture the Flag on Operation Firestorm, or Gunmaster on Seine Crossing for example. If this continues in BF4 I'm unlikely to ever buy it.

Last edited:
They can't do server side hit detection along with 64player servers. Their netcode can't handle it. If everyone in the country/world was on fiber, it probably would be feasible....

If you weren't horribly wrong in everything you just said, then that would mean BF1942, BF:V, BF2, BF2142, and BC1&2 were all played by people with Fiber broadband.

Bf2 and 2142 had their issues, but at least you didn't have a full second behind cover before you get shot by a motion-seeking bullet. I found Bf3 to have many faults, but what absolutely killed it for me was being able to literally think, to myself, "Wow, that was close, but I got to cover", and then instantly being killed by a shot that was fired at me 1-2 seconds ago. That RUINS an FPS.

Have they announced "the biggest ever BF map" yet? You know... the one that is fucking massive, but has all the bases jammed up in a space the size of a 16-player map from BF2?

Honestly I am pleasantly surprised to see so much vitriol at the BF4 reveal. I was expecting to get hyper-flamed for thinking it was shit. You people impress me. Well done.

Plague Stamp of Game-Hating Approval.

Haha, I was thinking the exact same thing.

:rolleyes: Right, sorry I find it unhealthy that someone has been making the same statement in threads of a game he hates for years now; I guess it's going to be a "bad time" for me. Or maybe I'll save the stress on my heart and just relax and enjoy the game for what it is, instead of be part of the "in crowd" circle jerk of everyone hating on a game long before any gameplay is even out.

Oh dear. You can be easily forgiven for thinking otherwise, but that 17-minute trailer actually IS gameplay.

Also, my original post was having fun with my reputation for being the resident grump around here. :cool:

So it seems no one really cares or acknowledges the greatest flaw of bf3 besides madhatter anyway.

CLIENT side is junk if this new bf game is not server side it's going to be the same shitty game and have all the same bugs and exploits as BF3 it boggles my mind no one gets this.

At most bf4 will be an after thought when I can get it for $15 for this very reason.

Never mind the rest of the shitty game code that makes having a custom server a nightmare.
Also I guess no one remembers the shit dice would break every fucking patch then leave in the game till next patch for literally months just fuck up something else with that patch....
Remember all the idiots with the m26 ..... Yeah that was awesome...
Dice disgusts me more than EA or just as much anyway...

Server-side hit detection is unplayable if you have over 150 ping, there's a reason most games do client-side now.

Does not care one bit for the mp, but the single player look like a fun ride, the environment seems more alive than bf3

Pre-ordered the deluxe edition yesterday. Game looks promising

See a lot of hate towards this game. Lmao you all are probably people that also buy the newest cod every year.

Last edited:
See a lot of hate towards this game. Lmao you all are probably people that also buy the newest cod every year.
Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit eh?

The problem people have is that DICE/EA are driving too far down the CoD road.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit eh?

The problem people have is that DICE/EA are driving too far down the CoD road.

What the fact that they release a game and its not too much different from the previous version?

What the fact that they release a game and its not too much different from the previous version?

Yeah, the fact that they release a $60 title which amounts to what could and should have been a $20 expansion pack.

Server-side hit detection is unplayable if you have over 150 ping, there's a reason most games do client-side now.

then dont play on high ping servers DERP

client side hit detection is the end of all fun and competitive gaming, it always give the advantage to the player with highest ping. That's why all american servers are full of chinese and russians, because they know this. They also know unlike most european servers americans won't kick for ping because they are too worried about server stats.
Ever notice you get killed diving behind cover or one dude seems to always get you a split second before you get him... it's always some douche with a high ping. there's your client side bullshit.

The whole fucking thing is a mess and is hugely flawed and is disgusting.

MavericK96 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by damstr

Yeah, the fact that they release a $60 title which amounts to what could and should have been a $20 expansion pack.

this, times 100000.5

Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

Play on servers with less than 100 ping?!? ZOMG I'm an internet engineer!

then dont play on high ping servers DERP

I can't tell if you guys are trolling or not (I seriously hope so), but... you are aware that this is impossible for people not living in the US/Western Europe, right?

How about we wait until they release actual details about the game before jumping to conclusions like this. You don't know anything about the game besides watching a video of one single player level.

How about we wait until they release actual details about the game before jumping to conclusions like this. You don't know anything about the game besides watching a video of one single player level.

Fair enough, though I'm willing to bet there are no significant changes from BF3.

you can thank EA for not putting up servers in your region and not allowing REAL private servers, this is symptoms of the same shitty disease lol. Client side just makes things absolutely shitty for everyone else.

Why should people with good pings playing in servers in their own region suffer from shitty gameplay because client side hit detection favors people in other regions without servers....

you can thank EA for not putting up servers in your region and not allowing REAL private servers, this is symptoms of the same shitty disease lol. Client side just makes things absolutely shitty for everyone else.

Why should people with good pings playing in servers in their own region suffer from shitty gameplay because client side hit detection favors people in other regions without servers....

Exactly.

I can't tell if you guys are trolling or not (I seriously hope so), but... you are aware that this is impossible for people not living in the US/Western Europe, right?

Feel free to move to a first world country so you can have first world problems like sub 100ms pings. Sorry, but crippling hit detection in a FPS so people in Buttfuckistan can compete with 1000ms pings is ridiculous.

Feel free to move to a first world country so you can have first world problems like sub 100ms pings. Sorry, but crippling hit detection in a FPS so people in Buttfuckistan can compete with 1000ms pings is ridiculous.

LOL! Sigged. :D

it's amazing to me that this is even up for debate.

While I've gotten my monies worth with BF3 -- I'm going to hold off... for a WHILE with this one. No Voip, client side hit detection, and a host of other problems means unless they do the things they have (up to this point) refused to do... they can shove it up their ass.

You don't realize till after a while - even with a 12Mbit internet, in one of the biggest cities in Texas, I'm still rather limited on where I can play and have acceptable pings. I have a handful of servers bookmarked where I can ping between 5 and 7 ms -- that's awesome, until someone comes along with a 330ms ping and start to rape. Which defies all logic and physics. Would anyone really want to watch nascar or F1 races if I could jump right into a race with my 140HP Kia Rio and actually beat people with 700HP purpose built race cars due to intentionally bending the rules that govern the game? Just like the direction the rest of this country has started to take -- we are rewarding mediocrity.

"awww you want to play the latest and greatest but you still have 56k modem -- here's let's tweak the netcode so you have a fighting chance -- who cares if it's not fair to low latency players"

The video looked black and white at certain points in the game -- wtf? I realize war is drab and sometimes lifeless, but we've gone from a blue tint to no tint + no color at all.

voip systems have been in games (and working well) for 10+ years, why they can't integrate something that's been around so long is beyond me.

Since it's EA at the help -- it's standard operating procedure to know the game will be screwed for a few weeks during launch. Even sadder is to know that the fanbase of BF3 that might REALLY REALLY love BF3, will slowly be forced to move to BF3 (even if they don't want to) thanks to the restrictions on running servers/authentication. The whole "play as we say" business is ugly and unnecessary.

All I see is BF3.1 in the movie -- and I"m even less excited because I know if I buy it, there is going to be 5 or more DLC packs which will fragment the community at regular intervals. That 60 dollar game, that will really cost 120 dollars in the end, is REALLY only worth about $40 bucks IMO.

Last edited:

lol I played in servers with pings in the 10-14 :cool:

#firstworldproblems

So have I... And on the same server there were 3 guys from the same clan, with a combined ping of about 1000ms!!! (300+ per player) and they raped everybody... Sure you get extra points for working as a team (squad) but when you go 1-on-1 shoot out and they "win" 2 out of 3 times with much weaker weapon, it a definite case of shit net code...

What's so bad about spotting?

The ridiculous yellow triangle above your head that is broadcasted to the whole fucking server after someone spams Q... Ever wonder how the jet that's out of site sniped you on Alborz mountain or any other giant map while you're camped in a spot thinking there's no possible way for him to see you...

Back