Battlefield 4 Beta Discussion

My Phenom II @ 4ghz is crying with this game :(

Average FPS with heavy combat is about 35. This is on a 64p server. All settings on High, texture on ultra, 2xmsaa, med post aa

CPU usage never goes below 95% unless im staring into the ocean.
GPU usage never goes above 74%

*Glances at the wallet
It's time. :p

Last edited:
How do I airburst the grenade?

XM25 AIRBURST
Fires 25mm grenades that can explode mid-flight creating an airburst effect to eliminate targets behind cover. Aiming down the sights at a cover will lock in that distance, allowing the grenade to explode in the air 3 meters past the cover.

So it seems like most of you guys are getting playable performance in the beta. It's way to stuttery for me. Unplayable! Tried every suggested fix except upgrading to Windows 8, and that's not happening any time soon.

Win8 is better in virtually every regard, anyway... why not?

Most definitely playable performance, although I have determined that I may need to upgrade my system because I need my 120FPS! Still running 1st gen i7 920 (running @3.8Ghz with a GTX670). I'm running at around 60-70FPS now, which is definitely playable. It does stutter every now and again and the frames will drop to 50 or so, but it's not too often.

We shall see when the full game is released.

what resolution are you playing at if I may ask?

Mine runs like butter. 3930k + GTX 670.

But running like butter doesn't mean I liked it. Everything seemed off too me. When I would run it would give me some strange like tunnel vision that started to make me sick.

I'll wait for a price drop or two.

Last edited:
completely unplayable on my system right now. with everything off/low and looking at the ground i get about 25fps. anything thats not the ground and its more like 14-18fps.

it doesnt stutter though...it just seems to completely lock up for a few moments.

I wish the open beta map was actually Battlefield instead of Call of Duty.

I can hit 100+ fps on one 7950 and a 2500k. Problem, is that I can also hit 5 fps. Its a beta but I believe it should run 20-30 fps slower than the 120 fps average I get in bf3 when they finalize things.

Hmm, I wish they sped up the unlock pace for the beta so I could try a bunch of different loadouts.

The scout/transport chopper's machine gun turrets are actually very strong, not sure what people are talking about it taking a million hits to kill someone. I shoot at their head and they're dead inside of a second if I'm aiming properly. Perhaps the server you were on was laggy or something?

I wish the open beta map was actually Battlefield instead of Call of Duty.

jackie-chan-images_14807.jpg

Skyscrapers =/= Yellow school bus in a courtyard that everyone runs around.

jesus christ my poor overclocked Q6600 weeps before this behemoth.

no loadscreens of death, no stuttering, no problems other than my Q6600 getting it's ass viciously fisted.

also there's like 0 weapon recoil wtf did they do.

Can someone upload their pb (punkbuster) folder?

I am having an issue with punkbuster, it keeps saying "failed to convert" a file and it won't work, othe rpeople having the smae problem and say that using a working PB foldier works, problem is all the links to them are either dead or lead to some shaddy sites (that want to install a .exe to "download" the rar file, which I sure as shit ain't doing).

So if someone here could please just upload it to a good service (gamefront, putlocker, etc) I'd really appreciate it.

after watching this i have no idea why nearly every military game has trained professionals with Teflon gloves and the parkinsons gun.

Can someone upload their pb (punkbuster) folder?

I am having an issue with punkbuster, it keeps saying "failed to convert" a file and it won't work, othe rpeople having the smae problem and say that using a working PB foldier works, problem is all the links to them are either dead or lead to some shaddy sites (that want to install a .exe to "download" the rar file, which I sure as shit ain't doing).

So if someone here could please just upload it to a good service (gamefront, putlocker, etc) I'd really appreciate it.

I had a load screen issue.

I followed these instructions: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065213718181188/

I also got the failed to convert error during pbsetup. But the game works after i did those steps anyway, so meh. :eek:

after watching this i have no idea why nearly every military game has trained professionals with Teflon gloves and the parkinsons gun.

It wasn't that easy to see but the gun was jumping around like crazy when he was doing it free-standing. But yeah, it's not a severe upward climb like a lot of games have, it's more of just a shaking around.

It wasn't that easy to see but the gun was jumping around like crazy when he was doing it free-standing. But yeah, it's not a severe upward climb like a lot of games have, it's more of just a shaking around.

full auto should be spammy then, its strange in battlefield you only seem to miss what your aiming at, very rarely if ever it will deviate left or right to hit an unintended target.

Usage using medium to high settings in game. Very very smooth in game now I have dialed in my settings, CPU usage is pretty much maxed out. GPU usage as you can see is mostly pretty high.

Win 8
I5 3570k
GTX 770 2GB
8GB RAM
1920x1200 res

Seriously, this game eats CPUs for breakfast. I have a 4.5GHz 4770K and it's still crazy high usage. Does DICE expect everyone to have heavily overclocked high-end procs? Rest of the specs in the sig, but it runs silky smooth on ultra at 1080p, ~60 FPS, no stuttering at all in Windows 8. Screenshot (click for full size):

On a related note, the "Battlescreen" feature (display a fullscreen, realtime map on your second monitor), while a really cool feature, uses waaaay too much CPU. That actually does peg me at 100% usage and makes my framerate tank into the mid 30's.

Last edited:
Seriously, this game eats CPUs for breakfast. I have a 4.5GHz 4770K and it's still crazy high usage. Does DICE expect everyone to have heavily overclocked high-end procs? Rest of the specs in the sig, but it runs silky smooth on ultra at 1080p, ~60 FPS, no stuttering at all in Windows 8. Screenshot (click for full size):

On a related note, the "Battlescreen" feature (display a fullscreen, realtime map on your second monitor), while a really cool feature, uses waaaay too much CPU. That actually does peg me at 100% usage and makes my framerate tank into the mid 30's.

I need to play with this -- I have two 2560x1440 monitors... haven't seen or know of of a way to get the battlescreen thing going. Been too busy at work the past few days, hell it's saturday morning and I'm sitting at work right now.

Funny how they list the minimum CPU requirement is a dual core CPU. I doubt anyone can run the game at any playable speed on a dual core, considering how it stresses out even some of the better quad core CPUs

I've got an asus g75vw, wondering how well my laptop will run it. Since I'm deployed right now can't play the beta/

I need to play with this -- I have two 2560x1440 monitors... haven't seen or know of of a way to get the battlescreen thing going. Been too busy at work the past few days, hell it's saturday morning and I'm sitting at work right now.

Oh snap, I haven't seen decent use of a second monitor since Supreme Commander.

Usage using medium to high settings in game. Very very smooth in game now I have dialed in my settings, CPU usage is pretty much maxed out. GPU usage as you can see is mostly pretty high.

Win 8
I5 3570k
GTX 770 2GB
8GB RAM
1920x1200 res

How is that cpu usage even possible. My 3770k @4.5 only gets like 60% usage with one core at 80%/90% and it's pretty much the exact same cpu as yours but with HT. I refuse to believe hyper threading gives such a big boost in this game.

Maybe it's because I'm on win 7?

I been having issue also as AMD didn't add Vista to driver 13.10 beta 2 .. so i'm on 13.4 and update PB also turned off Malwarebytes.. system is i7-930 and HD7950 both at stock speeds but playable without lag.

had my headset on..

http://youtu.be/fGPrbKVvGII

Fucking CTD's are driving me insane, usually at the end of round are right at the beginning of a round. This beta is still infinitely better than BF3, at least I don't have to worry about ground collision campers

Here are some results from a 62/64 player room. My frames stay generally between 40 and 60 but I'll need to do another run with fraps in the future.

kHUt9NZ.png

NNs5LGi.png

Why is everyone using POST AA? Its the first thing I turned off because I like my textures and sharp not smeared with vaseline. You do realize that it makes everything look fugly and blurry right? Its a console port based feature equivalent of FXAA.....

It's the stock ultra setting, I didn't change any of them yet but ill compare the settings when i get a chance.

How do you activate the Battlescreen feature? I don't see it in the settings anywhere...

Why is everyone using POST AA? Its the first thing I turned off because I like my textures and sharp not smeared with vaseline. You do realize that it makes everything look fugly and blurry right? Its a console port based feature equivalent of FXAA.....

Because the MSAA still isn't fixed from BF3 and leaves jaggies on half the things on screen. Using the resolution scale to supersample is horribly inefficient as well and not everyone can afford to SLI Titans. Post AA to Low or Medium (High is way too blurry) is a decent compromise IMO.

It IS FXAA.

Low / medium / high are misleading for it, it's preference more than one being better than the other. Those are just how aggressive it is. High will probably look blurrier than low.

I'm debating just waiting for a sale to pick the game up. Feels like mostly BF3 with new maps. Fun but not really worth $60 to me.

And this destroys my pc.

why is my frame rate so much lower than bf3 and the game doesn't look any better? i have bf3 maxed out and lowest I get is 30 fps. same settings in bf4 and I see 11 fps, ugh. I run 1680x1050 too.

is it like this for everyone?

Siege of Shanghai 64/64

1080P Max Settings

FX 8350 @4.8GHz
1866MHz 8GB RAM
HD 7970 1200/1600

2013-10-04 07:34:49 - bf4
Frames: 12213 - Time: 200000ms - Avg: 61.065 - Min: 40 - Max: 104

Core USAGE pegs at 64%

v5rb.png

Back