Battlefield 4 already confirmed...

That's good; BF games seem like a stew, they get better over time as people learn the maps and the intricacies of the different classes, guns, teamwork, etc. Having to restart every year would suck.

I hope they don't start rolling out a new BF game every other year...can only lead to bad things (aka CoD)

CoD is every year. Every two doesnt seem that bad.

The COD titles are alternated between Infinity Ward/Sledgehammer and Treyarch (so each game has a development cycle of about two years), so it's the same difference.

Someone here did point out that there has been a Battlefield release of some sort every year since BF2, and it hasn't adversely affected the series yet.

Well thats unfortunate. This probably means we won't be getting any significant updates to BF3 when they they can just put it off til the next game.

I'm kind of thinking they are going to kill medal of honor again and just change up bad company to something that separates its self from battlefield a bit more. The name will sell games on its own and i think people are still a bit sour over the last moh game.

Well thats unfortunate. This probably means we won't be getting any significant updates to BF3 when they they can just put it off til the next game.

I wouldn't worry about it, it hasn't been an issue with any of their prior games...

I thought EA's whole point on using Origin was for DLC and extending the life of BF3? 1-2 years isn't that long. 3-4 years, then we'll be ready.

I was super excited about the last Medal of Honor -- looked amazing, but then it sucked. They can alternate all they want between the two -- Battlefield is the only thing I'm interested in.

Not that I've had any problems in the game but I'm hoping for the first patch to roll out soon and hopefully fix all the exploits and hacks people seem to be using. Add a ping section to my name in game so I know what kind of real world lag I have, and fix the issue of even after ducking for cover I die 5 feet around a corner due to crappy over compensating netcode.

They need to really redo Medal of Honor. Hire some of the old guys involved the original for direction at least and really put their weight on it. Do something meaning. Call of Duty at it's heart is a recruitment video. Medal of honor means something to a lot of people and should be taken seriously.

They need to do Sgt. 1st Class Leroy Petry's story if they're gonna do something modern.

Or if they're willing to go deeper Hugh Clowers Thompson, Jr but I doubt anybody has the balls to tell that story.

I don't know just think they could actually do something that isn't about killing enemy x

Actually, it is a rumor at this point. Ea has said if they annualize the franchise then that will kill the series....

BF4 will be released in 2012 then. If DICE/EA says something regarding what is best for the franchise, expect the opposite to happen.

Every year due to two different dev teams. To see a Battlefield each year would be impossible

All they have to do is release parts of BF3 that they didn't get around to. I bet they could have a map pack with a few new guns ready by this time next year. Console kids will eat it up.

I hope they don't start rolling out a new BF game every other year...can only lead to bad things (aka CoD)

Apparently you forgot that they have done this multiple times in the past already... ;)

BF Vietnam released 3/14/2004
BF2 released 6/21/2005
BF2142 released 10/17/2006

Then again...
Battlefield Bad Company 2 released 3/2/2010
Battlefield 3 released 10/25/2011

Approximately a year and half between each of those releases, and thats just the PC side. If you took into account the console side also, there are releases every year.

Battlefield 4.............................thousand.

Let me fix that: Battlefield 40,000 :D

Oh, please let EA buy THQ for Relic and the Warhammer license. Battlefied + Warhammer 40K = <head explode>

Back