Battlefield 3 'Thunder Run' Trailer

of all the games i saw at e3 this had me going HOLY SHIT the whole time while i watched it!

"holy shit... you sure this is the right way?"

best line of the trailer... Yeah, I'm a BF fanboi... ;)

Very very impressive piece of work.

Although, the story does lack a little in SP. They used tanks to take out a rocket battery, but used A10's to soften the base that housed the rocket battery - the A10's do runs on the base about 50ft from the rockets that are in plain view. That doesn't make any sense what so ever from a strategic point of view.

Opening scene of Courage Under Fire was my first thought when this video started. I've watched it twice so far, and may need to watch it again.

Now, just improve the dialogue a little bit. I like how your buddy makes a comment when you destroy a tank, but the "Keep it up" atta-boys actually had a negative impact on the tension for me. Don't know, a little too action movie for me, I guess.

COD4 got that chatter down pretty well during the AC-130 mission in my opinion.

Now, just improve the dialogue a little bit. I like how your buddy makes a comment when you destroy a tank, but the "Keep it up" atta-boys actually had a negative impact on the tension for me. Don't know, a little too action movie for me, I guess.

Agreed. That said, they can take my friggin' money now. Everything I've seen so far screams GOTY and my #1 time eater. Go BF3!

Canceled my Duke Nukem: BoS edition pre-order, and pre-ordered this.
I am full on erect right now, hopefully a customer does not walk into my office and make me have to get up to talk to them, that would be kind of off putting.

and that's how it's done! Can't wait to play this game and I'll be very upset if my current system can't run this game on above Normal settings at least. When the new next gen of video cards coming out? I want to make sure I can run this on very high settings on 1920x1080 resolution. Some of the dialogue is a bit cheesy and you're partner keep yelling everytime you destroy a tank. "TARGET DESTROYED, Good shooting".. kina get's a little old fast.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope mt 2600K @ 4800Mhz and Tri-Fire 6970s can run this badbay!

Canceled my Duke Nukem: BoS edition pre-order, and pre-ordered this.
I am full on erect right now, hopefully a customer does not walk into my office and make me have to get up to talk to them, that would be kind of off putting.

Your name is Bone_Enterprise. I would think that sort of thing is expected out of you.

Being an old school tanker, was a driver for an M1 and M1A1. I can say that it is pretty spot on for the graphics and as much as some people dislike it was the tank commander calling out the kills and the hits. Now this is just me being picky but the TC would not be the one aiming for and firing the main gun, that is the job of the gunner. The sounds where almost spot on, I will have to look at it closer when I am not on my cellphone.

Minor correction to my post, it should have been the tank commander calling out the kills/hits. The video made it out the be the loader, the guy on the left.

Holy hell! It just keeps getting better and better :D .

Hey DICE/EA..

Aliquem-shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Although I am not big on tanks in games...BF3 has me as a buyer...

TAKE MY FUCKING MONEY ALREADY OK?!?!?!? :D

Dice is making new standards for pc gaming, the way the game look's is Wow, I mean the game speaks for it self.

I wanna get in a tank and blow shit up already. I cant wait for this game. i dont preorder game's very often. but i am going to when i get my paycheck.

Dice is making new standards for pc gaming, the way the game look's is Wow, I mean the game speaks for it self.

I wanna get in a tank and blow shit up already. I cant wait for this game. i dont preorder game's very often. but i am going to when i get my paycheck.

I *never* preorder games. I'm one who likes to wait a few weeks to see if the game is legitimate or just another clone (see COD). I bought BC2 and BC2:V on steam sales.

This however, may just be the one I actually preorder. BF1942 was a blast, BF2 was awesome, and this appears to be the right step.

Here's to DICE being innovators and not falling into the standard yearly franchise release. They're also more open to the modding community because they know that they can prolong their (no doubt) games life through the five year development (for the official sequel, not the expansions) cycle that way.

dude there's a lot of awesome games coming out

Yup, that was awesome. This game looks to be a winner!!!

its pretty obvious no one here has played bad company 2. nothing really looks different though i think the rounds have less drop which is very, very good.

I absolutely cannot stand the arcade feel to these type of games. Like the CoD series with the small maps and perks that give you super human abilities. The maps are so small, you can guess where foot traffic will be and tomahawk players. It's just retarded. Sure, those games are fun and a great way to kill 20 - 30 mins at a time but for me, Battlefield has always had enough room on the maps and maintained enough realism that I felt I could project enough skill and strategy to kill more people than what could kill me. I typically can kill 2.5 to 1, sometimes 3 to 1. That's with a few different weapons. That's why I absolutely love the Battlefield series. One thing I did notice after watching this video about 10 times is, the tanks leave no tracks in the sand lol. But it's hard to notice unless you are really paying attention. Not that I'm a detail snob. My 1st ex-wife's fathers sisters ex husband was an A-10 pilot during the 1st gulf war and I sent him the link over facebook and asked for a comment. The only thing he said was that the M1 "heaves up a massive amount of debris" when it's 120mm fires due to the muzzle pressure. He thought that wasn't well represented when the tanks were at a stand-still. He said during movement the tanks would only be very briefly in that cloud of sand the main gun kicks up. He also said those 50 cal bullets love to ricochet all over the battlefield and he didn't see much of that. But it was a pre-alpha. Can you imagine the additional detail they will get added to final product? Can't wait. Looks amazing.

I have played bfbc2 and bf3 looks night and day compared to bfbc2. so i dont see where your getting nobody has played bfbc2 before.

BFBC2 is dice engine 2.5 dx9/dx10 and some dx 11 support.
BF3 is dice engine 3.0 full dx11 support no dx9 support

its pretty obvious no one here has played bad company 2. nothing really looks different though i think the rounds have less drop which is very, very good.

I still enjoy BC2... this is just more of the same goodness. The best part about this game is it will give me an excuse to upgrade my rig - thats the real treat here (for me anyways). Thank you to DICE for developing a proper PC game and then (likely) dumbing it down for the consoles. So ofter us PC gamers have to suffer with the lowest common denominator.

Let's hope the PC community embraces their hard work by actually buying the game! My hope is other developers take notice and we get more great games.

It seems you have not either if that is the case, as this looks better than BF:BC2, at least in my opinion...and others, but we are wrong I guess.

Thanks for assuming things, great post.

It looks very good but I will wait a couple weeks after launch. I can't help but expect the PC version to be rushed thanks to the consoles.

Being an old school tanker, was a driver for an M1 and M1A1. I can say that it is pretty spot on for the graphics and as much as some people dislike it was the tank commander calling out the kills and the hits. Now this is just me being picky but the TC would not be the one aiming for and firing the main gun, that is the job of the gunner. The sounds where almost spot on, I will have to look at it closer when I am not on my cellphone.

hey cannon i was too a tank loader in germany back when the first gulf war was on. i was stationed in velseck and grafenwoer. but i didnt last long as i was transfered to drive the hemmetts. when i arrived in velseck i was with the 1-37th AD then went to i think 1-32nd AD. but anyways that tank seen reminded me of my tank days. best of times for sure.

I have played bfbc2 and bf3 looks night and day compared to bfbc2. so i dont see where your getting nobody has played bfbc2 before.

BFBC2 is dice engine 2.5 dx9/dx10 and some dx 11 support.
BF3 is dice engine 3.0 full dx11 support no dx9 support

the soldiers look good, but other than that there isnt much to compare it to..

hey cannon i was too a tank loader in germany back when the first gulf war was on. i was stationed in velseck and grafenwoer. but i didnt last long as i was transfered to drive the hemmetts. when i arrived in velseck i was with the 1-37th AD then went to i think 1-32nd AD. but anyways that tank seen reminded me of my tank days. best of times for sure.
so basically war: good times, good times..?

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope mt 2600K @ 4800Mhz and Tri-Fire 6970s can run this badbay!

Bastard!! :) I was about to say: "Looks fun as hell, I only wish my computer could run it at those settings.." Glancing at my sig specs, I might be able to play on 'low' settings, hehe.

Back