Battlefield 3 - Sniper Video

Gimme a hand picking my jaw up off the floor. Not played any of the games in this series because they are not kid friendly. (wife don't want my 5 year old to see them). Man have I missed out!!

looks amazing. I can't believe the guy talking about split screen though, what the hell? DICE has clearly stated that this is a PC first game, the rest after. I think you'd be wasting your time playing it on a console. Going from 64 players down to 24 online? No thank you. Also, PC will eventually get modding tools, and all those awesome mods will never be released on console...

If Dice turned out a bad BF3 then there would be riots in the virtual streets. I'm glad they're doing a bang up job with this as it looks fantastic.

I know next to nothing about combat tactics, but why is the enemy sniper shooting at them like clockwork and giving away his position? He's just asking to get rammed by a rocket.

Looks great, but most BF games have been so buggy in the past, I'm not sure if I have the stomach to get involved again.

Looks great, but most BF games have been so buggy in the past, I'm not sure if I have the stomach to get involved again.

What games are not buggy these days? Especially on release.

BF3, RO2, Witcher 2, Guild Wars 2. All games I think will be worth buying on release.

Put me in the mulitplayer only category...I hope it's getting some love too.

That video does look awesome, but I would think a .50 cal would make a little more of a thump when it lands. Give me that sniper rifle and I won't be shooting the flower pots and pipes, MP for life!
I hope they make a sweet game....we don't need another freaking call of duty.

I know next to nothing about combat tactics, but why is the enemy sniper shooting at them like clockwork and giving away his position? He's just asking to get rammed by a rocket.

He wouldn't in real life. In real life, you wait for the moment when all the targets break cover, then try to kill as many as you can before they find other cover.

In the confusion, It's doubtful anybody would see your position good enough to get a shot off.

Even if they did, they would NOT poke their head up like that after watching half their squad take .50 cals to the face.

You don't shoot at targets behind cover outnumbered 5:1 unless you have a death wish.

If those were .50 cal shot there would be a lot more than potted plants breaking, the wall they were taking cover behind would crumble.

He wouldn't in real life. In real life, you wait for the moment when all the targets break cover, then try to kill as many as you can before they find other cover.

In the confusion, It's doubtful anybody would see your position good enough to get a shot off.

Even if they did, they would NOT poke their head up like that after watching half their squad take .50 cals to the face.

You don't shoot at targets behind cover outnumbered 5:1 unless you have a death wish.

Or its a video game, where lets just clarify again, its not real Billy. You can take a breath now.

This game looks awesome, I love BC2, and if BF3 is anywhere even remotely as awesome and urban warfare based as they say it is, I'm so 1000 % in its not even funny.

Or its a video game, where lets just clarify again, its not real Billy. You can take a breath now.

This game looks awesome, I love BC2, and if BF3 is anywhere even remotely as awesome and urban warfare based as they say it is, I'm so 1000 % in its not even funny.

I just like a degree of realism in the SP, thats all.

Fighting against mentally challenged enemies doesn't do it for me.

you would be surprised what people do in the heat of the moment. watched a guy drop a live frag once, and just stare at it. hell, first time I threw one, I wanted to watch it go off so bad. real fast reality check there...

Count me in! I am buying it when pre-order is ready. I wonder if you get anything special with pre-order?

but does the game really look this good, or are these just prerendered gameplay cutscenes? I mean the animation is completely lifelike. I hope the actual game is this good looking.

I don't get what part of the "Actual Gameplay Footage" disclaimer at the beginning of the video is so hard to understand.

Count me in! I am buying it when pre-order is ready. I wonder if you get anything special with pre-order?

End of first video says you get an expansion pack if you pre-order the Limited Edition.

you would be surprised what people do in the heat of the moment. watched a guy drop a live frag once, and just stare at it. hell, first time I threw one, I wanted to watch it go off so bad. real fast reality check there...

Yeah. I have 6 months of military service under my belt, as a Tank engineer in Ukraine for the soviets.

It was mandatory, I never saw actual combat. Closest I got to live combat was someone's gun misifreing a few hundred meters away. I was basically a glorified mechanic with an officers title...

Yeah. I have 6 months of military service under my belt, as a Tank engineer in Ukraine for the soviets.

It was mandatory, I never saw actual combat. Closest I got to live combat was someone's gun misifreing a few hundred meters away. I was basically a glorified mechanic with an officers title...

When you get drafted, (25 years ago, no Idea what happens now), you were sent directions to go to a testing building.

They gave us a thick packet of calculus and literature, and If you scored in the top ( I think it was 2 or 3) percentile, you got to go to college on the military's dime then do 6 months in safety, as opposed to getting sent for 2 years to some cesspit in Afghanistan, where you would get shot down by an American stinger missile in the hands of some Mujhadeen idiot..

Jeez, these games are getting so realistic people are going to start getting PTSD after playing them :p

Jeez, these games are getting so realistic people are going to start getting PTSD after playing them :p

Yeah, All those documents I shot down and murdered with my pen, my ink forever staining their virgin pages.

Most boring and unproductive 6 months of my life. Spent 6 months camped behind a desk, signing documents and helping dullards get Vietnam era tanks to run.

So yeah :D

Awesome, as are all the other BF3 trailers. I want to believe, but does the game really look this good, or are these just prerendered gameplay cutscenes? I mean the animation is completely lifelike. I hope the actual game is this good looking.

I believe this is singleplayer in-game, so the other characters are probably scripted (hence handing over the AT rocket).

Now, will the animations (notice the movement when they turn the corner out the doorway / change of direction animation) carry over to MP or not, that is the question.

I do like how they made the screen blur/jolt when a bullet hits nearby, it's a nice touch and adds to the "every bullet can be deadly" idea of combat.

I believe this is singleplayer in-game, so the other characters are probably scripted (hence handing over the AT rocket).

Now, will the animations (notice the movement when they turn the corner out the doorway / change of direction animation) carry over to MP or not, that is the question.

I do like how they made the screen blur/jolt when a bullet hits nearby, it's a nice touch and adds to the "every bullet can be deadly" idea of combat.

But why would the area around you blur during a bullet hit?

I can understand a ringing sound in the air, but a vibration?

It's a bullet not an artillery strike.

It couldn't be actual gameplay because there seemed to be actual teamwork. Had it been real gameplay it would have just been one guy running at 100 mph and spraying bullets everywhere.

Seriously though, I'd buy it just for the fact that the characters made it across the building by using cover and taking their time. That's how a game should be played. I hate this "willy nilly" shit...like when I watch my son play CoD online. But Bad Company 2 online is no better.

Gotta say, I'm going to buy it...looks damn good for sure.

will this outsell Call of Dookie ?

PLACE BETS NOW !!!!

images

will this outsell Call of Dookie ?

PLACE BETS NOW !!!!

images

I say no. My reason is that I don't think young kids are as familiar with the Battlefield series as they are Call of Duty. Take my 8 year old for example. I just called him in here and showed him the video, and he said, "What is that?". He's heard me mention Battlefield 3 a little, but you don't have to tell him when the next Call of Duty comes out.

Also, I have a friend at work who has a 360 (and PS3), but he gets EVERY game that comes out; he pre-orders everything. I say the name of a game, and he's got it. I asked him was he getting Battlefield 3, and he gave me a luke-warm response. He said he would probably get it...eventually. So even for him it's not a Day 1 purchase.

The graphics are great. Not my type of game, but great. The audio, on the other hand, had me cringing. Shudder.

Love watching "fun" videos! I cant even remember how many times i showed off half life 2 game play! Going to a party? BRING THE GIANT PLINKO MACHINE VIDEO! lol. games move too slowly these days :(

I read in their interview in the last Game Informer that they're not bringing back commander mode in BF3. That gave me a big :(. But if the MP is even half as good as BF2s, then I'll still be getting this on day 1 :D. Hopefully I'll be able to sink 536 hours into it too :cool:.

Are they going to bring back community modding support? Most likely no. What made battlefield great no longer what makes it great. I remember the days when all these cool mods came out after the games release. Now what do they do deny the community the ability to mod. Yes the graphics look excellent and game play looks fun.

I couldn't help but think the entire time that "Wow, this sniper is fucking awful, is this a joke?"

DICE lacks the talent of the old (cod4, etc) Infinity Ward in setting up these suspenseful scripted sequences, and it's obvious they are trying to emulate them. Like someone above said, if you just walk like a retard out in the open will the sniper even shoot you? How realistic is it that he's going to just keep shooting random objects around you, and then just unload multiple clips wildly into the low wall in front of your squad? It's even better when the sniper ignores the super easy target of the guy just crouching stationary in the same place, way out of cover, for like 20+ seconds as he instead shoots the low wall multiple times. I know its a game and not real life, but if you're trying to create a suspenseful believable scene, you really have to dial the cheese back a bit and actually maintain some consistency.

I did really like the chatter between your teammates during the sequence though.

Back