Battlefield 3 PC Beta Physics and Destruction Gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD_Gamer

Fully [H]
I made a nice video showing off the physics and destruction in BF3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNwgRch5PMY

The physics are not that great, I guess people refer to it as not having persistent physics. The destruction effects are still pretty cool and really add to the game. So far in these two maps there are no total building collapses like in BC2, you can only blow out the walls.

Hardware accelerated or software physics? If it is software, that isn't too bad. I guess the buildings don't have load-bearing walls...

Hardware accelerated or software physics? If it is software, that isn't too bad. I guess the buildings don't have load-bearing walls...
It's all software and handled by the CPU just like Bad Company 2 before it.

I'm actually glad it is CPU based. The physics still look nice in that video.

cool. at least they put *some* thought into physics. The indestructable steel support beams bit is kinda lame though.

cool. at least they put *some* thought into physics. The indestructable steel support beams bit is kinda lame though.

Thats true,ideally you'd want concrete to chunk and steel to bend and occasionally shear.You got any ideas Jebo on how to implement such a thing? Pixelux DMM could pull it off,thats if you can integrate into your game engine,(Or should I say" thats if they cough up the port code I asked for months ago").Or maybe mix baked animation with physics assets.

this game looks awesome. I will download the beta. SAdly, I'm spending my money on Forza 4 so I cant get this. I just wish Forza would come out for the PC.

thanks for sharing, but one question.. are you running at high settings? I have the GTX460 with slightly crappier computer, but run at way below 1080p res so i am trying to see if this video is high settings, maxed out, low, medium, what????

Thanks for sharing though, awesome vid! I wish the pieces of debris flying off stuff didn't look so fake (like the AK shots at the white things in the truck, or the RPG into a wall --- the pieces look rather fake but the game looks intense and definitely a great SUCCESOR TO BF2 that has been looooong awaited), but it might be because you're running at medium?

PS dont mention BC2 here, totally different game.... thats made for consoles and kids, while bf2/bf3 is made for mature/team-based players on the PC

thanks for sharing, but one question.. are you running at high settings? I have the GTX460 with slightly crappier computer, but run at way below 1080p res so i am trying to see if this video is high settings, maxed out, low, medium, what????

Thanks for sharing though, awesome vid! I wish the pieces of debris flying off stuff didn't look so fake (like the AK shots at the white things in the truck, or the RPG into a wall --- the pieces look rather fake but the game looks intense and definitely a great SUCCESOR TO BF2 that has been looooong awaited), but it might be because you're running at medium?

PS dont mention BC2 here, totally different game.... thats made for consoles and kids, while bf2/bf3 is made for mature/team-based players on the PC

Specs are in the video description. And yes I am running maxed out High settings with 2XAA at 1920x1200. The game runs great for me. I was prepared to upgrade my video card for BF3 but it does not look like I will be doing that now.

this game looks awesome. I will download the beta. SAdly, I'm spending my money on Forza 4 so I cant get this. I just wish Forza would come out for the PC.

The game is worth the $60 just for Caspian Border if you ask me.

Keep in mind the beta has a lot of effects turned down/off, ultra settings are not actually enabled and there is no dx11 tesselation, as well as the destruction is toned down, so the real game will have a lot more :)

Keep in mind the beta has a lot of effects turned down/off, ultra settings are not actually enabled and there is no dx11 tesselation, as well as the destruction is toned down, so the real game will have a lot more :)

That is pretty crazy as i think the game looks amazing as is. I don't think I will even tweak with the settings but just keep the High settings that I use now.

A lot nicer when you see someone else do all this. I hardly shoot trees and walls because I don't want to waste my ammo.

A lot nicer when you see someone else do all this. I hardly shoot trees and walls because I don't want to waste my ammo.

I think they will come into play much more when using tanks/bombs/etc. Low-caliber assault rifles aren't going to do much to structures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back