Battlefield 3: Paris Multiplayer Gameplay Video

They've said otherwise. Though it was in specific reference to ToR.

ToR will be an MMO, so I'm sure it will be some kind of WOW type system were the ToR client itself handles that. I currently have Crysis 2 and ME2 on Origin, and it does indeed auto-update.

EA was not happy with Steam, because Steam offers a system and service where you download the game, you have access to it for life of the account, under Origins terms of service, you can only download the game from Origin for ONE year, after that you are screwed. You also before only had access to the game for one year, they have changed that too if you don't log into your origin account for two years, they delete all your games, yes, all your games and you have to buy them again

This sounds like some middle school FUD. Get a life. Buy a physical copy, and be done with it. Steam is great, but whatever, no Steam for this one. BFD. I have 3 bins FULL of nicely kept PC games from 1993 and on, and another full of C64 and AtariST/XE/XL games.

Kids these days... :rolleyes:

You can already pre-order it on sites like D2D and Gamersgate, I'm not sure what the addled Irishman is ranting about.

...Who don't want to screw around with keeping track of all of that physical media if they don't have to. Instead of searching through THREE BINS full of jewel cases for some game you want to play, you log into Steam and download and play.

Now, if Twisted is correct, and Origin does auto-update, I might reconsider.

Personally, it's kinda pissing me off that EA decided to ditch Steam.

Over my CS:S, TF2 and COD years, I've met quite a lot of people who are on my FL, they are people I've been having a lot of fun with and we made quite a big community.

Sadly, I'll have to reconstruct all this in Origin it seem...

There is no reason to buy a physical copy if you don't want a physical copy. You also don't need to use EA Origin, but the other DD sites will require you to download patches since they don't have a local client

Looked good to me. I'll be buying a full retail version from whichever retailer has it in-stock. If it turns-out to be a console port, I'll be very dissapointed but will still play the game.

under Origins terms of service, you can only download the game from Origin for ONE year, after that you are screwed. You also before only had access to the game for one year, they have changed that too if you don't log into your origin account for two years, they delete all your games, yes, all your games and you have to buy them again

There is a difference between what they state in their terms and what you are saying. You're pretty darn close though, but you've put a negative spin on it.

"The products and services that we make available on the Websites may be downloaded or accessed for at least one year after you have completed your purchase."

At least one year.

"If you have not used your Entitlements or Account for twenty four (24) months or more and your Account has associated Entitlements, your Entitlements will expire and your Account may be cancelled for non-use."

May be cancelled.

Oh man...people going off half-cocked here...

Support for MODs is like...95% chance not happening, DICE has said in an interview that they have no plans to release dev tools for the game since they (DICE) believes the current toolset is too complicated for consumer use.

Steam is a no go for whatever reason but you can still get it from other e-tailers than Origin.

Origin is a download service just like EA's Download Manager but is not required to be running to play games from EA from my understanding.

Whoever mentioned it looks like console port...come on dude seriously? Get off the "all PC Gamez are crappy console portz" bandwagon.

Finally, THE GAME ISNT OUT YET, JUDGE IT WHEN ITS COMPLETED, NOT BY WHAT TIDBITS WE HAVE.

BC2 had a built in autoupdater I thought.

By auto update, I mean, Steam runs in the background and downloads/installs updates as they become available. Not, you run the game, it checks, downloads and installs the updates.
I want all that done overnight or while I am using a word processor, not when i want to play.

Paris? More like grenade-fest. It's like infantry-only Karkand, but indoors.

AMMO HERE
NEED AMMO?
AMMO HERE
HEY NEED SOME AMMO?
AMMO HERE

Haven't touched anything made by EA in a long time. I'll continue doing so.

I'm so confused by this game.

They spend so much time trying to add realism by using better animation, scripting, triggers, effects, etc etc then turn around and ruin that realism with all the ego pop-ups telling you how awesome you are.

Jesus i can tell when I headshot or kill 3 guys in a row. If you want to log that, fine, but don't spray it all over the screen! I feel like some facebook loser making posts seeking self-validation when I play games like this.

I might play the campaign at some point, but until they get rid of all the ego trip pop-ups I'll stick to game like L4D which logs stats with a lot more subtlety.

For all the hype that's going on with this game, which is a freaking TON, it better live up to it. I've never seen a game with so much fanboi-ism before it's even released. Let's hope it's everything it's supposed to be.

Game looks amazing, some of you "The game doesnt do EXACTLY WHAT I WANT" people need to seriously chill.

Oh man...people going off half-cocked here...

Support for MODs is like...95% chance not happening, DICE has said in an interview that they have no plans to release dev tools for the game since they (DICE) believes the current toolset is too complicated for consumer use.

Steam is a no go for whatever reason but you can still get it from other e-tailers than Origin.

Origin is a download service just like EA's Download Manager but is not required to be running to play games from EA from my understanding.

Whoever mentioned it looks like console port...come on dude seriously? Get off the "all PC Gamez are crappy console portz" bandwagon.

Finally, THE GAME ISNT OUT YET, JUDGE IT WHEN ITS COMPLETED, NOT BY WHAT TIDBITS WE HAVE.

The console port comment was sarcasm.
I've been a fan of BF since I first saw the trailer for BF2.
I liked BF2 so much I bought 2 copies just in case I wore one out. lol
bf-games.jpg

This sounds like some middle school FUD. Get a life. Buy a physical copy, and be done with it. Steam is great, but whatever, no Steam for this one. BFD. I have 3 bins FULL of nicely kept PC games from 1993 and on, and another full of C64 and AtariST/XE/XL games.

I have a drawer full of games as well. I hate having to download multiple patches if I ever re install. I like steam because if I ever need to format and install windows, I can leave the partition its on intact, and when I install steam point the installer to that folder.

When I choose to install one of those games it will only have to download the installer bits.

Actually I want to be able to use steam while in game. Its a pretty big deal when all my friends are on one network. So now I will have to alt tab out of game if I want to communicate with them. I like seeing who is playing, what server they are on, sending invites and so forth without being in game.

In no way will Origin be as robust as Steam for years.

Really.

So what makes the DICE devs so superhuman that no one else on the planet can figure out how to use their tools?

It's only the smart people that make good mods anyway, so...

Yeah, they are pretty damn arrogant.

I pre-ordered both the PC version and xbox version. Does anyone know if they plan on supporting co-op?
:D

I'm in the process of building a new masheen for mah basement:cool:
Have a silverstone 1000w psu and my corsair obsidian 800D.

For those who worry about their friend-list on Steam, Steam allows you to add non-Steam games to Steam, it wouldn’t auto update nor the game will linked to your account, but it will let you use the Steam service just like you would normally. People will see what games you are playing, start your game inside Steam , chat, and tell their ass to join you without alt-tap. Steam is awesome like that.

my only gripe about bc1 and hopefully not bc2, is the 1911. i hoep they get it right this time, its model and animations were incorrect, in games its a double action, and slide closes on an empty mag, in real life its single action, hammer back, slide stays open on an empty mag.

my only gripe about bc1 and hopefully not bc2, is the 1911. i hoep they get it right this time, its model and animations were incorrect, in games its a double action, and slide closes on an empty mag, in real life its single action, hammer back, slide stays open on an empty mag.

Yup, I've never understood why they go to all the trouble of modeling something just to do it wrong when doing it right is the same amount of effort. It's not like it's a secret how these things work.

Already have this preordered, can't wait. This game is going to be amazing.

Looks good. We'll see. I see no advantage to pre-ordering except maybe for Amazon's same day delivery. Every time I pre-order when the stuff comes out it's on sale at Fry's for the same price or cheaper.

What I liked is the action looked very smooth, I swear it just looked all around smoother than most FPSs I've seen lately.. It just looks fluid.

Looks like a freaking console port. :(

It looks like BC2 except from this video, the maps look smaller and much more enclosed. Which is a plus in my book because anything that discourages hiding in a bush on top of a remote hill with a sniper rifle is always good.

Looks good. Can't wait to play this on my 2600k @ 4.9Ghz, 6990 + 6970 Tri-Fire + Corsair memory @ 1954 displayed on my LG 42" LCD. Should be buttery smooth.

the 6990 and 6970 work as tri-fire? it scales as 3 6970's?

that is bad ass!

It looks like BC2 except from this video, the maps look smaller and much more enclosed. Which is a plus in my book because anything that discourages hiding in a bush on top of a remote hill with a sniper rifle is always good.

Theres jet airplanes, so the maps will hopefully be larger than those from BC2.

Really.

So what makes the DICE devs so superhuman that no one else on the planet can figure out how to use their tools?

It's only the smart people that make good mods anyway, so...

Yeah, they are pretty damn arrogant.

they have already stated why it isn't likely that you'll have mod tools. this isn't a run of the mill fps game engine. there is a server farm running all the calculations and middle ware that they licensed to make the game but not to create mod tools...which if they do pay for that license they'll have to modify it quite a bit. unlike cod, the tools that DICE is working with can't just be attached to an installed and put on a download link.

i would rather they spend the time fine tuning the game.

Back