Battlefield 3 open beta 29th

"Your chance to give feedback"

Less than a month before release? Not enough time to change anything that matters before RTM. Yay for feedback!

My feedback is that I don't need another download service and account that will either result in my personal info stolen or I'll forget the password.

Wasn't impressed at all, i was at 2560x1600 all settings ultra and some of the models/textures looked like a 90's game and didn't fit in well.

That and I had to install like 4 different things from ea just to play it.

Wasn't impressed at all, i was at 2560x1600 all settings ultra and some of the models/textures looked like a 90's game and didn't fit in well.

Are you playing with AA on? Also, a lot of people said that Ultra settings in beta is not working, it's just basically High settings.

Yeah I switched from high settings to ultra and didnt notice a change, so I'd assume its not working I guess.

As an avid BF fan, playing all from 1942 -> BF3, I have no idea how anyone can say this is like BC2. This is NOTHING like BC2. The only similarity is Rush mode. Other than that, this feel much more like BF2. BC2, imo, was a waste of money and not true to the BF series. This on the other hand is pure gold. I'm definitely impressed and am eagerly awaiting 10/25/2011.

Downloaded the PS3 version and man is it buggy. I got trapped under the map so many times I lost count and the only way out was suicide.

As an avid BF fan, playing all from 1942 -> BF3, I have no idea how anyone can say this is like BC2. This is NOTHING like BC2. The only similarity is Rush mode. Other than that, this feel much more like BF2. BC2, imo, was a waste of money and not true to the BF series. This on the other hand is pure gold. I'm definitely impressed and am eagerly awaiting 10/25/2011.

You really dont think this feels like BC2? The reasons I say it feels like BC2 is the laser beam accurate weapons(BC series), the 3d spotting(introduced in BC2), 4 man squads(BC series) and yet this game doesn't have the commander position, no quick command rose, no 6 man squads. If you ask me they took out all the good stuff from BF2 and replaced them with BC elements. Not to mention the visual style is almost exactly how BC2 was, but that has nothing to do with gameplay so I can let that slide and at least the player models look a bit more natural than in BC2. Still not a bad game by any means just doesn't live up to what BF2 was in it's time. Let me remind you that BF2 made many huge changes in FPS games such as saved progress in leveling up rank and unlockable weapons and the Commander position is very clearly what CoD4's killstreak system was based off of.

First of all, none of you can judge jack shit yet for one simple reason: this is quite possibly the worst beta map choice imaginable. It could be called COD in slow-motion and no one would know the difference.

No vehicles, no planes, no continuity.

Only the guy doing lines off his PC monitor at DICE knows why the hell they chose this Metro thing as the beta map.

maybe not but a big part of these games is multiplayer and I have BC2 and Vietnam and Vietnam is basically dead.

Ya, hard to find a full game on vietnam, and i thought vietnam was an excellent game. Too many people want to play boring sniper games i guess.

I rocked out some BF1943 last night till the wee hours, now that was a great game, and only 10 bucks !!!

Just great; I downloaded on the PC yesterday and when I went to run it, it gave me some kind of message about there being a problem with your game's setup. Tried re-downloading and installing and same thing.

I did get to play it on my PS3. I don't know if it's just me being used to playing on a PC all the time, or if the game looks this bad on the PS3 cause it's a console, or whether it's because it's a beta, but I thought the graphics looked terrible. I thought I was playing on the PS2.

No vehicles, no planes, no continuity.

Only the guy doing lines off his PC monitor at DICE knows why the hell they chose this Metro thing as the beta map.

Perhaps it's the map they wanted to test? Sorry they didn't get your approval before choosing it.

:rolleyes:

Perhaps it's the map they wanted to test? Sorry they didn't get your approval before choosing it.

:rolleyes:

Beta is as much a marketing opportunity as it is a chance to iron out bugs. And that aside, you're thinking that the rest of the game is perfect except for this one shitty map, and all the airplanes and vehicles and wide open maps are working just fine and need no beta testing?

Come on...

Beta is as much a marketing opportunity as it is a chance to iron out bugs. And that aside, you're thinking that the rest of the game is perfect except for this one shitty map, and all the airplanes and vehicles and wide open maps are working just fine and need no beta testing?

Come on...

The level they demo'd at PAX was an urban assault type of deal, there were tanks driven by NPCs that the players rode shotgun in. I too am waiting for the real vehicle gameplay...

Come on...

Yup. Unicorns and fairy tales.....The game is by who? EA. It is what? A BF game.

THERE WILL BE ISSUES!

and they will be patched right before bf4.

Still, until RO2 gets its shit together, there isn't any other vehicle fps out there. Right?

Maybe people only remember the more polished experience of previous BF games after many patches since it is what they last played. But smooth launch and BF have not historically mixed.

It's not about smooth launch. It's about a shit beta map. Just doesn't add up. Gulf of Oman was an amazing map. The BC2 beta map was a serviceable example of the game itself. This...not so much.

Anyway, I've spent enough time with the man-shooting aspect to deem this a solid example of beefy gunplay, since there's little else to judge of actual gameplay based on this ridiculous map. What a difference sound makes, too. I wish I had a subwoofer built into my mouse.

I sincerely hope "Ultra" is more impressive than this, though, because graphically, this is nothing but BC2 with some nicer particle effects thrown in, like a Source update, and the ability to chip away at cover.

The infantry and subway-centric map feels akin to being handed a creature or character creation demo; compared to what the Battlefield series represents, it's so small that the only thing anyone can do is wildly extrapolate, at least without having played on Caspian.

I am returning my pre-order asap. The game is very disappointing. :(

Game definitely is not polished. I have fun playing it. Prone is pretty retarded, but I feel that people will get used to it over time. The lack of an in game server browser is pretty dumb, I wish they stuck to the BFBC2 style, that said, while it is annoying, Origin isn't all that bad. Parachute doesn't work for me or anyone I know in the beta, corpses tend to just keep moving when dead (slide across the floor... forever), reviving is still as hit or miss as ever (especially cause of sliding corpses). All in all, not polished, but I'll still get it. Runs smooth as hell on twin 460 GTXs @ 1920*1200 and pretty well on a single one with the optimized drivers.

Back