Battlefield 3 open beta 29th

How is this a hot deal? this used to be standard for new games. Man times have changed :(

How is this a hot deal? this used to be standard for new games. Man times have changed :(

Hardly ever a "standard" some games offer a open beta, many don't.

If you don't think a free 60 dollar game, that everyone is drooling to play, then pass.

Go ~@~ on the toilet, not a thread to give people a heads up. Many people will jump at the opportunity to play this early and free.

is the beta open to everyone or do you have to get it thru origin to get beta. I pre-ordered from gamestop so wondering if I can get in on it.

Hardly ever a "standard" some games offer a open beta, many don't.

If you don't think a free 60 dollar game, that everyone is drooling to play, then pass.

Go ~@~ on the toilet, not a thread to give people a heads up. Many people will jump at the opportunity to play this early and free.

For gamers older then the modern call of duty era, This was a given for most games. now days I wont bother with a game unless they have a free demo or beta to test out, other wise you have to go out of your way to "test" it out

For gamers older then the modern call of duty era, This was a given for most games. now days I wont bother with a game unless they have a free demo or beta to test out, other wise you have to go out of your way to "test" it out

When i got into gaming it was unheard of.

warcraft I - had no open beta
zork - had no open beta
westwood suite - had no open beta
Kings quest - none
Sim City - none

How far should I go back before this period of where every game had an open beta?

you. are. crazy.

you. are. crazy.

Maybe he's referring to demo's?

I know that back in the day there were tons of demos (at least for PC), used to download them from all kinds of sites.

I remember the old PlayStation had a monthly demo disc with 10-15 demos on it.

Anyway...on a side-note, I'm definitely going to give this one a try so if anyone wants to hit me up on Ps3...digitalcancer! ^_^

Are you thinking of demos? Every game used to have a demo, but hardly any I remember way back to win 98 ever had an open beta.

surprisingly uninterested. I might try it if I hear good feedback, but meeh.

These days betas are demos.

That only last for a short while. After that, either read BS reviews on "pro sites," bullshit personal opinions on forums (IMO, of course :p), or friends who have played it (even so, I still have one friend who is pining for MW3, rest on BF3 sause, and I could care less about yet another first person [Strike=option]shitter[/s]shooter).

Otherwise... "find" a demo. It will typically work better than the real deal, too... lol.

"back then this" "I remember when demoes that" WTH !! You all sound like a bunch of old hens in a freakin chicken coop ! Just download the beta and have fun you freakin morons. Thanks OP :D

I added this to my XBOX Live download queue on xbox.com a few moments ago, but can't find it on the Origin store. What gives?

"Your chance to give feedback"

Less than a month before release? Not enough time to change anything that matters before RTM. Yay for feedback!

I had to go to the store page and it was there on a little banner in the middle. I clicked that, the first time it took me to the demos screen and I didnt see it, so I went back and clicked on the banner again and it took me to the right page.

DOwnloading now :D

"Your chance to give feedback"

Less than a month before release? Not enough time to change anything that matters before RTM. Yay for feedback!

Right, because there is no way they can patch anything now. :rolleyes:

We're already making a difference for RTM. We're crashing servers like crazy. Plenty of them to tune before release.

I had to go to the store page and it was there on a little banner in the middle. I clicked that, the first time it took me to the demos screen and I didnt see it, so I went back and clicked on the banner again and it took me to the right page.

Got a link? The Dload button does not seem to work on this end:mad:

^same, cheers for info :)

I have to go try it.
If they fixed the invincible planes from 2 and made the hit boxes and accuracy better I am in.

anyone got it yet? how big is the DL? SLOW?

ps are they going to allow consoles in the same servers with real gamers? :)

Right, because there is no way they can patch anything now. :rolleyes:

We're already making a difference for RTM. We're crashing servers like crazy. Plenty of them to tune before release.
I wasn't talking about server performance. They can only do but so much to the code before it has to be mastered and sent to manufacturing.

You're right though, why fix it now when they can patch it later, even on consoles.

Oh FFS, Origin is so retarded it won't let you register using your EA account ID?

I don't feel like this is worth $50 over BFBC2 :mad:

Damn near same thing.

i am feeling this as well myself after watching some beta videos. been there / done that. doesn't get me excited at all but then again that just happens with everything post-30.

Back